WvW Sneak Attack

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Not thinking clearly you say? That is what I feel your doing when you are making disingenuous claims, displaying an entire lack of knowledge of programming and developer intent.

We don’t know the developer intent. We can only predict outcomes based on past changes. Which doesn’t bode well for this.

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Posted by: mmaisel.7096

mmaisel.7096

Not thinking clearly you say? That is what I feel your doing when you are making disingenuous claims, displaying an entire lack of knowledge of programming and developer intent.

responses like this are what will ultimately be used to keep white swords out of the game. thanks bro! way to be a team player.

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I’m pretty sure it is easy to turn the white swords on and off.

For the Toast!

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

mmaisel.7096

I’m pretty sure it is easy to turn the white swords on and off.

right, because it’s a light switch, right? and the strings involved aren’t linked to literally anything else in the game right? there’s absolutely no way that any part of that code is linked in any way to any other part of the game that is still being developed for the next bright idea, right? and they listened when they announced the change and thousands of people said it was an awful idea, right?

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

it’s commenting out a line of code, is my guess.

For the Toast!

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

mmaisel.7096

of course that’s how they would reverse it, but the point is, the idea that they would even reverse it in the first place is completely ridiculous in all but the most extreme circumstances, considering the reaction that the “here’s what we’re planning” thread had, to which they just said YOLO! with josh davis leading the charge. after all, we’ll play anything they release. that much has been proven.

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

yeah, I will keep playing. I got lucky by choosing Tarnished Coast when the game was released. I have played enough to have a few well developed characters. The game is fun and interesting for me. I realize it isn’t for a lot of other people. Hope I can share a few of the things that make it fun for me that maybe someone else can use.

For the Toast!

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Posted by: Joan.1964

Joan.1964

gg anet. yet again found a way to waste all their money and time finding a way to make the only fun thing about their game(being WvW of course) worse.

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

ANet said they keep statistics on everything, every keystroke of every player. Everything in your backpack. Every time of day you log on or don’t.

Somewhere in that data, someone decided it was a good idea to turn off the white swords.

Who knows? Real empirical data can give weird results.

For the Toast!

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

responses like this are what will ultimately be used to keep white swords out of the game. thanks bro! way to be a team player.

Great. So far I am enjoying the lack of white swords. Don’t lash out at me because your on a poor team.

You 5 guys crying about white swords being gone, do understand the devs are smarter then you have a clue about right? They identify as easy as anyone that this thread is simply the same 5 guys bouncing the same complaint off of one another.

Oddly enough, you seriously believe back handed insults and bad mouthing the dev team will get them to see things your way?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

PPK is a positive change.

Removal of white swords is absolutely kittened outside of T1. Does ANet even play WvW outside of T1 and on off-hours?

This is absolutely stupid and just encourages K-Training and Hacking.

noice

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Posted by: MagicalSilence.1837

MagicalSilence.1837

:L As upscaled rally bots x)

Tho the White Swords removal change is nice imo hope it stays

Attachments:

Desolution – Saesin Nyte & Xi Vixi – Simply Lovable Pug – Best Trebber EU

WvW Sneak Attack

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

You 5 guys crying about white swords being gone, do understand the devs are smarter then you have a clue about right? They identify as easy as anyone that this thread is simply the same 5 guys bouncing the same complaint off of one another.

Oddly enough, you seriously believe back handed insults and bad mouthing the dev team will get them to see things your way?

Arguments that are made without evidence can be refuted with just as much. Especially fallacious ones like yours. Appealing to authority isn’t really going to get you anywhere, especially the one you’re using. The WvW developers have made some pretty outrageous mistakes in the past and have made many questionable decisions. I have two words for you in case you forgot: Arrow Carts. (If I need to go into details about this, then you probably do not WvW much)

The lack of white swords is an interesting experiment, but it’s going pretty much the way everyone expected. Scouting is needed more than ever, but scouting is still a very boring, uninteresting and unrewarding role.

One thing most players didn’t anticipate is that it’s much more difficult to identify what the enemy is doing on the other side of the map. Previously, Red Team could see that there are white swords on Blue Team’s keep and assume that Green Team is attacking them. They could then use this information and react to it, or plan for it. Without a forward scout on the enemy armies, it’s not possible to get this information anymore.

In short, this change puts a larger burden on scouting and unless you’re willing to do it very often, it’s pretty hypocritical to defend it.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)