in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

more pve ppl lootbags. GG

WvW Spring 2014 Tournament

in WvW

Posted by: SUNRISEPOTATO.4760

SUNRISEPOTATO.4760

From what i understand, even u transfer to BG on the first day of tournament, your reward will still base on the “home” world ranking, the world which u stay longer in GW2… and this means u should go back to your world to make it better so the reward will become better. But this is my opinion, anyone care to share ????

(edited by SUNRISEPOTATO.4760)

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

So its starts just when TESO headstart begins, what a coincidence…………….. NOT. Just pathetic.

TESO is awful. Won’t matter anyways.

Agreed; teso is bad.

So Bronze, silver & gold are gone. You win a round & could conceivably end up 20 vs 14 vs 10 in the server ranking, simply because all three server won a round?

(edited by johnnymiller.5968)

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

When i come back im so transferring to a higher tier. Im not suffering on a lower tier for another season if im around to play. I was a hardcore wvw player until the seasons happened and now I cant care to log in.

Woo come to IoJ Clint \o/

Bring some friends ;D

lol how is life on IoJ?

Farming dem DB Zergs all day ereday.

PPT wise, Typical SEA stupid big zergs after that its pretty even.

Well ill have to think about it, a lot of people i played with quit during or after the season like me or switched servers. So idk how many people i can bring where ever im going !

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

(edited by clint.5681)

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

coverage wins. enough said.

unless they reduce the map cap by 50%, those that can’t get in can fight in the EoTM…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

World transfer are the only thing ANet earns gems on WvW. So yes, they like to encourage world-transfers, even if this means stacking to imbalance.

On the other side: Achievements you can reach on nearly any worlds. More rewards for achievements does not mean more rewards for winning.

In general: Another league without a change in neither scoring system nor match-time is self-censored

But a league with experiments in different match-times and/or different scoring would be cool!

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Rewards are probably awared on a kind of changed EotM system. They stated you an NPC will tell you which reward group you belong to. So they are probably grouping up servers based on performance during the tournament.

Probably based on color as EotM and shuffle the colors accordingly so that low tier servers will be matched with high tier servers in colors. Meaning they try to even out the rewards for all servers. I assume grouping will be based on points so that every pool has a similar amout of points.

The interesting rewards will come from the Meta achievement so that all people who want can get the unique rewards. Not all, as everyone has to make a decision what he/she wants.

There will be bandwagonners for the overall win for sure (congrats to Blackgate and Vizunah for securing the tournament coverage title). But it will not have that much of an impact to rewards (maybe limited season finisher and some standard loot) but the intersting stuff is achieveable for all and well distributed (meaning everyone will get enough tokens and some maybe 2-3 more).

Make another season more intersting but still does not solve the general coverage wars problem in an individual matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

oh unique skins, like the ones recently in gemstore with the flames (all reused existing skins with some additional fire)

did anyone in the wvw community wanted a new season?
aren’t there more serious issues in wvw to adress??

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

This is AWESOME, really looking forward to it.

It shows Anet listened to our feedback as well.

-The reward system is much better, because we get to choose our own rewards.
-The achievements are not going to be absurdly grindy.
-Different servers will end up fighting other servers who they have a ‘chance’ against.

The only negative is coverage still wins.

So Vizunah Square will win the Eu tournament, no ifs or buts, Troma will take up is warbanner and call the French hordes forth again…

Same in NA, Blackgate will win, no ifs or buts.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

The meta can be achieved from exclusively playing on EotM. There is now zero repercussion whatsoever to stacking servers. Ghost servers will only bleed out all the more quickly due to this.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

like i said, i think they are looking to your WvW history to decide what server you belong to.
If this is the case, it means hopping serves will be pointless, unless you can contribute enough in time to make you shift to your new server’s reward.

If its how i say, i think its good. As far as season rewards go, you can only get credit for where you have done most of your WvWing

in WvW

arKRazor.8654

like i said, i think they are looking to your WvW history to decide what server you belong to.
If this is the case, it means hopping serves will be pointless, unless you can contribute enough in time to make you shift to your new server’s reward.

If its how i say, i think its good. As far as season rewards go, you can only get credit for where you have done most of your WvWing

If they are looking at your career history to determine your home server that could make things interesting. Devona’s might get half a thousand of its wayward sons and daughters back. Though they might have been gone too long already.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’m unsure why Devon mentions that this new tournament style will make WvW more competitive. WvW will never be truly competitive because disparity in coverage/numbers removes any form of competitiveness. By nature, WvW can never be a competitive game mode……at least not in its current form. The only time I ever consider WvW to be ever so slightly competitive is primetime on Eternal Battlegrounds where most servers have full coverage (with queues) and it’s then down to which server can zerg the most objectives before bedtime.

Oh well, can’t say I’m particularly interested in the any form of league/tournament myself. By simply not transferring to a stacked server you’ve already condemned yourself to a lesser reward, so there’s not much point changing your WvW playstyle. With EotM, there’s now zero repercussions to moving to a stacked server.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Is there any incentive to stay on low tier servers? This is what they should have done, give actual reasons to stay/move there for a healthier competition. Or just plain server merging but they’ve been so blind to the server population issue, it’s mind-boggling!

I’m getting really fed up with being overrun by most and now being told that I’m gonna get lesser rewards although I participate everyday – again – unless I bandwagon onto the first tier.

interestingly enough, during the first WvW CDI, population imbalance was the most listed problem with WvW. which they actually pointed out and acknowledged themselves afterwards. and it appears their solution to the population imbalance was to remove the punishments for server stacking (queues), and to add incentive for server stacking (the rewards from this tournament).

i’m guessing that there’s a proper amount of crack one can smoke to where that solution actually makes sense, because anyone with a functional brain can see how stupid of a plan it was. unless, of course, they were actively trying to kill WvW for some reason…. then that plan is the best way to go.

Everywhere else they say there are absolutely no problem with the population and everything is going according to plan =/ But lemme tell ya, for someone that has been on the same server since before server transfers became not free anymore… This is #1 issue in WvWvW for almost all servers except tier 1. And even there I’m sure being matched against BG/JQ must be very dreadful for the third wheel. Maybe they did acknowledge it (I’d like a link) but I’ve never saw it and they need to make it known widely that they understand this is very frustrating instead of catering only to the real “high” pop servers, aka 3-4 max. (I’m sorry for EU, I only know about NA)

I agree with you that Eotm as a solution is moot when it concerns actual competition. But it was a good effort. If only they could think more about people that are obliged to fork over money/gold to have a chance at competition. It’s easy to say perseverance and persistence is what we need in lower population servers but at some point… you just can’t give it anymore. I’m not a commander, I’m not in a big wvw guild.. I play wvw because I like it, I like the challenge and I want competition. I try to get better at it, I play everyday (when I am not on break from gw2) but you can’t expect individuals to pull a whole server and blame/punish them when the others don’t stick around.
I’m really just fed up and this news left me a sour taste… time to give in and move to somewhere I’ll feel my efforts matter I guess.
/rant

i dug up the link, and i was wrong. i got a couple threads mixed up in my head, and they didn’t actually acknowledge the population imbalance problem at the end. the whole friggin’ first CDI was about it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Collaborative-Development-World-Population/first

so not only did they officially acknowledge the problem, but they were given twenty three pages of solutions from the community to solve it, and they ignored all of it and apparently decided to just steer into the skid as hard as they possibly could.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

If rewards are tied only with participation, no need to transfer, just fight. The best would be have repeatable achievements, so MOAR WvW = MOAR reward.

Blackgate and Vizunah will win? Or will be Jade Quarry and Seafarer? GG to them, I don’t care, just give me some fun fights.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

If rewards are tied only with participation, no need to transfer, just fight. The best would be have repeatable achievements, so MOAR WvW = MOAR reward.

Blackgate and Vizunah will win? Or will be Jade Quarry and Seafarer? GG to them, I don’t care, just give me some fun fights.

Jade Quarry in NA ofcourse. They have already begun stacking their warchest.

It’s finally time to pull out the dolyak finisher.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

So Vizunah Square will win the Eu tournament, no ifs or buts, Troma will take up is warbanner and call the French hordes forth again…

Same in NA, Blackgate will win, no ifs or buts.

People aren’t aware of how a Swiss tournament works, it does all depend on how Anet implements it. But if done correctly it doesn’t guarentee Viz/BG victory because if they can’t beat their closest opponents by enough points but servers lower than them score massive point victories over their opponents then they can win despite not having the same coverage.
It will be interesting to see the exact system of the Swiss tournament that Anet uses.

Link to the wiki explaining how the system works in it’s various forms – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I guess they will implement the “Danish” variant, i.e. repetition allowed, everything else will be to complicated for 3-sided matches.

I also guess they will use the same point system as in league 1.

I also fear they use the current scoring system, even if much better ones have been proposed and some variance and suspense (you cannot easily predict the winner before match start as we all can with the current match scoring) would make a league much better.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Well, I think it sounds pretty cool. And it does seem they listened to at least some feedback from players on season 1.

in WvW

arKRazor.8654

Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to it, but I worry about its effect on populations/morale.

I’m ready to fight tooth and nail for second to last place NA.

(edited by arKRazor.8654)

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Yay, let’s all move to Blackgate or Seafarer’s Rest!

Though BG is already a FULL server, anyhow let all us EU players move to SFR and live the easy life to get our “well deserved and fought for” rewards!

As for Vabbi, please watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXDXeVoWclc to find your rewards.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Ughh, forcing us to choose skins What if we want to use the skin on multiple toons? Is this going to be a acct unlock or one time use skin/weapon? Especially if we can’t get these skins anywhere else, which is what it says. For once I’m actually hoping for ugly skins so I don’t have to worry about missing out on new skins

Also, whats with the next to last paragraph? So our server isn’t based on the first one we log into this time, but it doesn’t give much info on how it will determine what server we’re associated with. Or does that paragraph only relate to people in EoTM?

And as someone stated last night in our TS, this is really gonna hurt some servers, since people (pugs/achievment hunters/etc.) don’t have to go to the normal WvW maps now, they can just stay in the EoTM. And these players may or may not even be advancing their home servers rank anymore.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

And again they’re making achievements meaningless to please the PvE crowd, seriously what’s the point of gaining them if you can’t challenge yourself??

As of now there’s been no hard achievements in this game (at most Liadri but still), only thing they’re good for is for chests (thanks PvErs for continuing to ruin this game). -_-

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

So its starts just when TESO headstart begins, what a coincidence…………….. NOT. Just pathetic.

Agreed; teso is bad.

So Bronze, silver & gold are gone. You win a round & could conceivably end up 20 vs 14 vs 10 in the server ranking, simply because all three server won a round?

Unfortunetly, it wont matter whether its good or bad. Its in the middle of launch where so, so many people will be trying out TES. I havent played the beta, I dont particularly like the silence over AvA details, but since many in my guild plan on playing it I was going to give it the benefit of doubt and try it out for at least a month.

I’ve raided in WvW almost every day… Maybe its time for a break. If I miss the initial WvW tournament play its unlikely that I’ll get into it at a later time. The last season was fun the first two weeks – boring and bland the rest. Skins no longer interest me so not even the end reward is enticing.

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

When i come back im so transferring to a higher tier. Im not suffering on a lower tier for another season if im around to play. I was a hardcore wvw player until the seasons happened and now I cant care to log in.

Woo come to IoJ Clint \o/

Bring some friends ;D

lol how is life on IoJ?

Farming dem DB Zergs all day ereday.

PPT wise, Typical SEA stupid big zergs after that its pretty even.

Well ill have to think about it, a lot of people i played with quit during or after the season like me or switched servers. So idk how many people i can bring where ever im going !

I play on Mags cause we break keep walls just so people will come out and fight.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

I hope someone at Anet is actually thinking this through. The only reason that Tier1 wasn’t totally flooded with the vast moajority of WvWvW players last time round was because queues put them off. This time though, with queues not being an issue with EoTM and everything being achievable in EoTM…..

Or is the intention to stack everyone who wants to WvWvW on three servers? I mean it has it’s positives, but is crazy as hell.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Ha, and I just realized something.

Does Anet think WvW is so boring that WvW news cant contain WvW screenshots, only screenshots from EoTM?

Says alot :/

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

The changes in the tourney will not prevent buying guilds.

I won’t use BG as an example since they are at full right now,

But let’s suppose JQ is in a match-up against BG and wants to ensure a win in their only match-up against BG.

They could go to ZD and buy them at a premium for one week. ZD will only be on JQ for 1 week out of the 7, while still receiving credit for their home server. And since the only competition for JQ is BG, they will only need to rent them for that week only. (and perhaps ZD is on a server where they can still win if they leave)

Under the previous system, ZD could be rented for as many times as they wanted. Under this new system, ZD can still be rented out, just as long as they don’t overstay too long on one server.

The only way to combat guild renting is to disqualify players from WvW rewards if they choose to switch servers during tournies.

in WvW

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

The swapping around of servers really undermines the entire notion of what WvW should be about. It would be like rooting for your favorite NFL team but every week there’s different players.

Unfortunately my guess is that Arenanet makes a lot of coin off those transfers, creating something of a disincentive for them to do anything about this.

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I’m still unsure after reading all this what a swiss style tournament is.
Are all 24 servers playing in the same tier?
So if for whatever reason BG, SBI, AR win in week 1… is it plausible there could be a BG vs SBI vs Anvil Rock match?
What’s the point of that?
Whatever system they use, BG and JQ will be 1 and 2. Even more people are going to stack to those servers now, creating an even larger gap between the haves, and have-nots.
Regardless, more info on the style of tournament would be nice… whoever wrote that article, and those who proofread it should have realized that nobody would understand how this is going to work, so some clarification would be nice, unless they’re being purposely vague.

Anyways umm… ascended backpacks would be nice Anet as a reward for PvP’ers…

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Hmm, looks like we’re going to see some wildly blown-out matchups unless there’s some provisions in place to modify the Swiss structure.

Just for fun, using this week’s scoring as an example, you could potentially see a Week 2 matchup between Jade Quarry, Eredon Terrace, and Sorrow’s Furnace since all three servers would have a 1-0 record. HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE?

I’m assuming it would be weighted by current tiers so the 2nd week would be JQ vs TC vs Mag, however week 3 would be JQ vs DB vs ET unless tiers are so weighted they overcome actual points.

This whole thing is an absolute farce. No one wants to play in a tournament where they know the winners. This is like a hockey tournament where there are 2 NHL teams, 4 junior teams, and then mostly pee wee teams. Tournaments only work when the difference between players isn’t a massive chasm. ArenaNet needed to work on population and scoring mechanics, not picking a new tournament ruleset.

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

You can tell the people who didnt try the TESO beta cause they are still excited for the game.

If they want WvW to actually have a modicum of competition they need to start merging the lower tier servers in WvW. They have shown they can do this already with EotM and its the logical choice given that now EotM is in place to handle players in the Q who want to WvW. I tihnk we will be seeing some big changes before this season starts.

Also, this is the most hateful and toxic subforum on these extremely toxic and hateful forums. It amazes me some of you still play this game for all the QQ you do here.

(edited by displacedTitan.6897)

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

It’s like Olympic women’s hockey… there’s Canada and the USA… And everyone else doesn’t matter

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

I loved the first season. It was fun going up against powerhouses even if we did not win it all. It is a fresh opportunity to learn new tactics against tougher opponents. To defy the odds!

Complaining about the season BEFORE it happens will doom it to failure. Just go in and have fun!

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

in WvW

skullmount.1758

Complaining about the season BEFORE it happens will doom it to failure. Just go in and have fun!

Sorry, but whats the point in playing in something you know you won’t (can’t) win?

Darkhaven server

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Congrats to BG and JQ on first and second place in the Spring 2014 League.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Hmm, looks like we’re going to see some wildly blown-out matchups unless there’s some provisions in place to modify the Swiss structure.

Just for fun, using this week’s scoring as an example, you could potentially see a Week 2 matchup between Jade Quarry, Eredon Terrace, and Sorrow’s Furnace since all three servers would have a 1-0 record. HOW FUN WOULD THAT BE?

I’m assuming it would be weighted by current tiers so the 2nd week would be JQ vs TC vs Mag, however week 3 would be JQ vs DB vs ET unless tiers are so weighted they overcome actual points.

This whole thing is an absolute farce. No one wants to play in a tournament where they know the winners. This is like a hockey tournament where there are 2 NHL teams, 4 junior teams, and then mostly pee wee teams. Tournaments only work when the difference between players isn’t a massive chasm. ArenaNet needed to work on population and scoring mechanics, not picking a new tournament ruleset.

“We are introducing a new, Swiss-style system of matching up the worlds within a league.”

Match ups won’t take you out of the league, so ET versus JQ won’t happen.

“All players who complete the meta achievement will receive a set number of tournament tickets based on world placement which can be exchanged at a vendor once the tournament has completed for a variety of items.”

Wouldn’t be a WvW update if it didn’t involve paying people to transfer to stronger servers.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I would actually like to see the final score, that every server has at the end of the match, put more into account and not points for placing first second or third. This would put more incentive to keep fighting on the later stages of the match up, when places are more or less decided.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

This design model heavily promotes server stacking and makes those of us who stick to our servers look like fools for passing up the better loot chances.

Not happy with this at all.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

The promotion of transferring to more populated servers is extremely sad.

in WvW

styx.7294

This design model heavily promotes server stacking and makes those of us who stick to our servers look like fools for passing up the better loot chances.

Not happy with this at all.

I get the feeling that ArenaNet thinks the problem in the low tiers is that we’re lazy and unmotivated. Maybe if they keep rewarding tier 1 more, we’ll all see the light and find the strength inside to be like tier 1!

Gate of Madness

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Coverage Wars 2 dawg…Get your 1800 gems now kiddies.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

styx.7294

Look who is talking =(

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

Sorry, but whats the point in playing in something you know you won’t (can’t) win?

Do not go for the win. Go for the glory. Go to represent your server. Go for the fights. Go for the fun.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Look who is talking =(

Yeah I think it is public knowledge Mag is the PPTingest zergiest server that hates open field fights, discourages roaming, and plays for Achievements. We all transferred here to win Gold League.

Owait…

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

styx.7294

Look who is talking =(

Yeah I think it is public knowledge Mag is the PPTingest zergiest server that hates open field fights, discourages roaming, and plays for Achievements. We all transferred here to win Gold League.

Owait…

Hahaha, it was more a playful jab. Of course it falls apart when we stop to think about it =)

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Do not go for the win. Go for the glory. Go to represent your server. Go for the fights. Go for the fun.

Yeah! And stay stuck on the initial WP because ur enemy has 10 times ur number, took overlook and u can’t even leave the initial area in EB.

Glory and fun. Glory and fun everywhere.

[HUE]

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Look who is talking =(

Owait…

Hahaha, it was more a playful jab. Of course it falls apart when we stop to think about it =)

I know bro, really it was just getting too dead in the T6-T8’s….They will always inflate during leagues, but 7-14 weeks out of the year is not enough to keep me there.

Transferring up probably gave me about another year’s worth of playtime in a game that I was more than ready to quit…The thing I have liked the most is the queues…They are few and far between, and when there are queues there is plenty going on in other maps.

On lower tiers the queues seemed more often, and from what I believe it was/is because everyone piles into 1 map, because there is not enough people to go around for another map. Then that in turn leaves the other 3 maps absolute ghosttowns.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

styx.7294

Look who is talking =(

Owait…

I know bro, really it was just getting too dead in the T6-T8’s….They will always inflate during leagues, but 7-14 weeks out of the year is not enough to keep me there.

Transferring up probably gave me about another year’s worth of playtime in a game that I was more than ready to quit…The thing I have liked the most is the queues…They are few and far between, and when there are queues there is plenty going on in other maps.

On lower tiers the queues seemed more often, and from what I believe it was/is because everyone piles into 1 map, because there is not enough people to go around for another map. Then that in turn leaves the other 3 maps absolute ghosttowns.

I dunno how it seemed from Sorrow’s Furnace’s vantage point but I’d say their ability to travel as one giant group is pretty unique in the bronze tier.

I don’t mean that as a slight, everyone makes their own strategies but I’m startin to appreciate the differences in character between the servers.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

skullmount.1758

There’s no fun in losing, especially if we’re losing out on shinies/loot. I don’t plan on abandoning my server, but knowing I’m losing out on those extra tickets is really killing any joy I’d have for a new season. Due to the pop coverage the season winner is already decided way before the tournament event starts…

Darkhaven server