WvW: The Future and You! Please add your ideas!

in WvW

Posted by: Zagz.6402

Zagz.6402

Me and my guild have had a lot of recent discussion on WvW and what could happen in the future to make it a more dynamic and fun experience and also staying balanced.

First we would like to see a WvW Page, much like the pvp page is now, that allows for ranking up and progression in WvW.
With this system we thought that ANET could borrow from the game Dark Age of Camelot.
Enemies currently see the name of your server plus Invader as the enemies name. What if as you ranked up the enemy could see your rank as the surname. This we believe would add a lot to WvW. You would know when you killed a high rank person, and your groups would often target the higher ranked people.

Second we came up with the idea of Ranked Cosmetic armor skins. The higher rank you get the spikier and crazier your armor can become!

And our last idea was High Rank Killmoves! You are a rank 30 Necro your killmove spawns a nasty looking skull the eats the enemy! Or a rank 30 Thief… You steal all your opponents cloths off there back leaving them a naked body lieing there…

These are just simple things me and my guild thought up in a very short time.. but all are balanced for WvW and add a sense of accomplishment the more you play!

Please add your ideas!

[Tempest Wolves]

(edited by Zagz.6402)

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

More than anything I’d like the 4 Battleground to be merged into one. It just feels to disjointed with the current break-down.

in WvW

Zagz.6402

That could be a interesting idea, but may be a lot more to implement.

[Tempest Wolves]

in WvW

Posted by: Narathkor.8541

Narathkor.8541

I do like that idea, with the 3 borderlands surrounding eternal as the goal intended, however you hear people complaining about zergs now, what you think they gonna do when the true alb zerg comes knocking with 500 people THAT WONT LOAD FOR 2 MINUTES lol.

in WvW

Posted by: Narathkor.8541

Narathkor.8541

Anyway for my ideas, I like the post where someone mentioned the orb bonus and outmanned buff should be swapped. I agree 100%. Adding to that however, the orb bonuses once they are magic find/karma/experience should apply to the entire world holding them. That way people would still have a reason to fight for them, cause honestly most wvw players dont care about the mf/xp/karma. They just want badges and kills.

Second the maps should be bigger, they are too crammed up, you can circle the whole map taking every camp/flag within 30 minutes, and it is too fast to come right behind you and recap it. Also not enough time for many solo fights before the zerg happens by, I dont care i run with lots but I know those thieves out there would love more time to pick off stragglers.

Third, a ranking system with titles I like, but realm abilities/master levels no, tends to throw off balances for those trying to come help with their bolstering buff. Its bad enough for them with no gear, throw in some realm abilities and thats more people that will quit the game.

Fourth, stop aoe/siege from going through walls. This works both ways, lets people get out of the mass aoe when they are trying to defend a keep, gives them a chance to repair that door, and keep the attackers from getting knocked down every couple of seconds by a catapult through a door/flamethrowers eating them alive.

Five, get rid of grub, and make entering a jump puzzle put you on a seperate map emptying the queue back out. It is a zone for war, far too often you get left undermanned because people are trying to jump their way to glory. They wanna jump thats great, they paid for the game too, but take them out of the population please.

in WvW

Posted by: Zintair.1987

Zintair.1987

THE ZONES ARE TOO SMALL. You know this is true Zagz. Siege is cheese when it’s whose treb kills the other first.

I am surprised they didn’t go with a point ranking system similar to DAOC. Would love to see it.

Hope TW is killin it on JQ.

[ISA] – Commander
80 Necromancer – Zintair

in WvW

Zagz.6402

I 100% agree the maps are too small, however EB suffers the most from this, The borderlands are not nearly as bad.

[Tempest Wolves]

in WvW

Posted by: Wothan.4673

Wothan.4673

If anet don’t up the pop cap in mvm, they need to add one or two map, don’t care if this map don’t count for the mcm score. Need a way to decongest the queue.. like a overflow serv for wvw…

Nahtow – [SR] Soul Reapers
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: purplestone.8364

purplestone.8364

I think the maps are too small aswell, especially EBG. And +1 on Realm/Server Ranks with titles and cosmetic awards

in WvW

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I posted this in other threads, but may as well repost here. There are 3 relatively easy/quick things ANet can do to stabilize WvW:

1. Scoring. To mitigate population swings throughout the day, ANet should adjust point accrual to the total activity. If only 70% of the maximum population is in WvW, then the point accrual should be reduced to 70%. The only side-effect is the matchmaking system ranking servers between matchups, since different tiers will have different total activity. Then again, this can be intended. The point adjustment can also be delayed by 1 tick for various reasons (e.g. a 3:00pm population count will be used to adjust the 3:15 tick).

2. Resets. Make all WvW objectives, NPCs, walls, doors invulnerable to damage for the first 15-30 minutes after a WvW reset / server restart. They need to do this until they are able to provide consistent access immediately after a reset. Every single reset, there seems to be a random zone or zones that are inaccessible by various servers. Until ANet can fix that technical issue, they need to implement a band-aid to prevent silly free capping due to their network limitations.

3. Supply decay to mitigate the winning team’s advantage. Supply and siege need to decay much more quickly, with keeps/towers having lower total supply caps. This will make rear towers and keeps much more vulnerable to ninja pushes and prevent spawncamping. It will help simulate a true “stretched supply line”. Currently, it is all too easy to stock insane amounts of siege and supply in fortified keeps and towers and make them virtually impenetrable, depending on terrain. The result is that the current battlefields become too static in a domino-effect.

Edit:

Also a few other much-needed changes:

1. Ability to see the WvW map from outside of WvW. Seriously. This is insane that you can’t see this atm.

2. Queue information. What # are you in line. What are the queues for the various WvW zones. Are you actually queued? This is also insane that you can’t see this.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in WvW

Zagz.6402

I agree with all of your points Easymode

Anyone else have any thoughts on ideas for progression to get people involved?

[Tempest Wolves]