WvW - Three Likes & Three Hates

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Likes (Broad):
1. Every Night Is a Different Fight
2. Friendship is deeper in wvw and competition is more meaningful (than sPvP)
3. Ability to be effective solo, small group or zerg (Always something to do)

Dislikes (Broad):
1. Maps getting too familiar (want to know the best places to hide siege gear?)
2. Some classes scale to large zerg fighting MUCH better than almost all others
3. Staying current in WvW requires deep crafting or PvE grinding

Suggestions (Broad):
1. Redesign Maps frequently as if the maps were a Living World event
a. Placement of keeps, sizes, types of open objectives etc.
b. keep us on our toes for everything including new siege placements
2. Take a pass at skill balance in zergs as a distinct problem to solve
3. Decouple progression in WvW (essential) with a need to craft or do heavy PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Like:

• Freedom of play style
  • Dynamic fluid combat
  • Those rare matches that are fairly even

Dislike:

• Unbalanced match ups
  • Rewarded PvDoor play
  • Poor loot system requiring grind
Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

1.) PvP. That’s the primary reason that I play WvW. I don’t necessarily mean small scale, large scale, or any scale PvP. I just want to fight players. Fighting doors and siege has its place, but I think it’s way too overstressed by the developers.
2.) Diversity. Leagues were a lot of fun for me, because I was able to fight new opponents every week, and learn a bunch of new playstyles. I would love for leagues to come back.
3.) GvG. The addition of the Obsidian Sanctum has been great for the GvG scene, and I would love to see more additions to help its growth such as this.

Dislikes:

1.) Arrow carts. I made a long post about this awhile back, basically saying that the arrow cart buff would end up creating a huge rift between the community, and lead to massive karma trains and throw primarily open field based guilds away from the PPT game. You can read it here if you’re interested: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/4-months-in-Arrow-Cart-Mastery-has-split-WvW/first

2.) PPT. Right now I feel like PPT is a relatively flawed way to show server skill, and honestly leads to servers giving up mid week, as well as making things like night-capping pretty dominant. For guilds like mine, we don’t really even try to PPT anymore in any capacity, because it ends in one of two ways: 1. We’re successful, and then we lose it all as we sleep, or 2. We get zerged down by a queue blob eventually. Because of the nature of siege and defense, skilled medium size groups can’t really take anything large, so it requires people to either ninja everything, or to create a massive karma train. The whole PPT system needs to be rethought and altered.

3.) Developer communication. Hopefully this is being addressed with Grouch, but the WvW community has always felt pretty ignored. I would love for the devs to get together a group of players (guild leaders, prominent commanders, whatever, I don’t care) to represent the players in some kind of public fashion. The WvW dev team is pretty small, and I feel like none of them really play WvW in a “hardcore” fashion. This causes there to be some disconnects between the community and devs.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

2) intense reset day matches; used to stay up from 7pm reset until 6am next day
3) holding north camp against the enemy until reinforcements arrive

Dislikes
1) WvW sides decided by home server – this just needs to go, period. Find some other mechanism to divide up people, e.g. alliances of guilds/people.
2) 24hr play period in WvW, allowing for night capping, etc; make matches shorter, so you feel like you accomplish something and not despair know your hard work will disappear in 4-6 hours when your server goes to sleep
3) the point system of keeps, camps, etc vs. personal rewards for capping stuff — instead of giving XP/gold, etc for capping, award it together with PPT, so holding stuff gets more important to players than the karma trains circling the map.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

Like:
1. Open field fights where you can bring any amount of players
2. My matchups are close
3. It’s not tpvp
Dislike:
1. Lack of build variety in roaming, everyone runs condi bunker builds to be successful
2. Takes forever to get a good fight without bringing a zerg
3. Small groups can’t do much if just 1 person defends a tower
4. Besides the mentioned few condi bunker builds, no one roams anymore
5. Very little rewards, especially when not with the zerg

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

(edited by Darek.1836)

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

WvW

Top:

• Zerg clashes – they are dynamic, involve some tactics and a wide range of skills.
  • Siege battles – but only if people are defending.
  • Casual appeal – fun and rewarding for everyone

Flop:

• Downed-State/Rally mechanic – unfun snowballing mechanic that slows down game-play and helps bigger zergs.
  • Tiny maps – Too small for meaningful strategies. A single zerg can easily cover an entire map.
  • Scoring system – Points per tick is a really unfair scoring system for so many reasons. Scores need to scale with current player activity.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

As requested I will stick to 3:

1. Running with my guild (only thing keeping me playing)
2. Intense large scale PVP or GVG fights but not at megablob status, (20-30 ppl, can be anywhere including in and around objectives)
3. The dynamic nature of the mode.

Dislikes:
1. Lack of commander/grouping functionality (see CDi thread)
2. Inequality of matchups, from T1 (BG ruling all) right through the tiers.
3. Power of siege (restricts good fights even over objectives)

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in WvW

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

1. Destroying 80 man enemy blobs with 20-30.
2. Fighting small scale and large scale sometimes one becomes the other.
3. People who have the will to fight.

Dislikes
1. People who hide in towers/keeps because they do not have the will to fight but do have arrow carts and cannons.
2. Condition duration food lasting 40% while chill duration food only lasts 15%
3. How servers who are better fighters loose because they choose to fight rather than sit in a tower all day.

Tldr: I love what WvW was promised to be EPIC Fights.
I hate what WvW has become siege hugging paradise.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

I like pretty much everything in wvw so I just mention a couple things I dislike:
Dislike:
1) Waypoints: thieves tapping gates keep waypoints contested, spawning entire map zergs when the timer runs out.
2) Commander functionality: horribad. See CDI thread.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Three Likes

• Open Field fights, using the terrain to your advantage.
  • 3 way battles, and SM battles (not to be confused with cramped keep battles)
  • The freedom to run with the whole guild, instead of just 5 people (tpvp)

Three Hates

• The lack of rewards (especially unique rewards)
  • The siege warfare, it just seems too much like a chore to take a wall or gate down, if it was more fun than just sitting on siege, maybe I could take it off my hates.
  • The lack of WvW updates. (I believe edge of the mists was the wrong direction)
Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

three likes:
1) large scale PvP.
2) dynamic fights
3) you don’t have to be the best PVPer to contribute, you can flip camps, run supplies, reconnaissance etc.

three dislikes
1) AOE cap
2) the game meta encourages zerging.
3) the war itself is pointless. there is no visible difference between 1 st and third place.

suggestions for solution

1- AOE cap.
the cap exist because of “smart” damage and conditions, each condition and attack is connected to the initiator of the attack, and if their stats ( aka might, fury etc) is changed the damage is changed, if the initiator is dead, the attack is removed, etc.

it is probably a very smart feature from coder point of view , but IT IS USELESS and it harms the game more than it helps.
make all the damage standardized by the stats at the time of the casting and that’s it! no need to hold a link between the damage effect and the initiator.
the damage calculation should be on server side only, and display only on client side.

this will allow two major things:
-remove AOE cap.
-remove condition cap.

put the developer ego aside, try this for a month on your test server.

2- spice the fights up a little.
on Fridays, at the time of the reset.
there is 1 hour invasion war.
the 1 st place can actually invade the worlds of the two losers.
a gate will open at lions arch map of the winner and it will lead to mount maelstrom of the loser worlds, then during this single hour the invaders should try to reach Lions arch by foot annihilating all that comes on their way ( no way points available! dead invader have to start all over) and the defenders try to stop them.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Like:
1) bigger guild group fights
2)small havoc parties
3)

Dislike:
1)bad UI functions (party ui,commander system,suplly info to small..)
2) blobs pvd
3)no rewards for defenders while upgrading cost a lot of gold,something that attackers dont bother with

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

OK I have to say I just love the idea of a 1 hour invasion war.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

like:
1. good reward system (ranks)
2. can do whatever i wan´t and dont get punished with something like MMR
3. its funny^^ (#1 spamming staff guardians everywhere)

dislike:
1. ppl i have to play with (my server) have too much influence on how i have to play – this guyz wanna play simcity and everything offensive they call karmatrain
2. same maps – saw everything and did everything
3. fights with 5+ people is just a spamfest and made for casuals – gw2 combat i have to see animations from enemy to can react but no way i can see anything in this clusterkitten

in WvW

Posted by: Prosecutor.1457

Prosecutor.1457

Realistically speaking,

What should be changed is :

PPT Scoring

WvW maps

Lack of loot/gold/rewards made in WvW. ( Everyone rathers champ farm in PVE/FG instead )

Ascended gear/weap for Badges of Honor

Prosecute, lvl 80 Guardian
Leader of Side Effect, [SE]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Favorite:
1. Community(I play on TC)
2. Open Field fights
3. Sometimes fighting over keeps if it isn’t just karma train keep swapping.

Dislikes:
1. Bad Matchups. SBI should not be against TC.
2. Lack of updates, which seem to be skipped in favor of living story due to the cash shop profit generation that comes with LS.
3. Rewards/Incentive. Discourage Karma training, by adding incentive to defending stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Like:

• open field fights
    *Community feel/communication between maps/guilds
  • Dynamics of WvW

Dislike:
*Defensive Siege
*Waypoints
*Soul bound commander tags/wxp.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

3 likes:

match-ups
the wvw rank abilities as they are now
being able play with friends?

3 dislikes

that wvw account bound xp hasn’t happened yet
lack of new maps to play on in wvw
trying to force any sort of living story content into wvw (like winters day gifts)

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

OK I have to say I just love the idea of a 1 hour invasion war.

Haha, same here. I have been reading that in different threads and that sounds like a blast!

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

2. Waypoints. Wish towers had em.
3. Chokepoints, guild groups, and aoe.
Dislikes:
1. PvE and WvW shared balance.
2. Certain classes having little effectiveness in zerg fights.
3. Siege spam, sigil stacks, orb bonus, perma stealth, condi cheese moders.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in WvW

Posted by: Jambas.6204

Jambas.6204

1. Freedom to fight were I want, no need to stay inside a circle.
  2. Freedom to customize my gear stats that allow more build variety
  3. Small scale pvp

Dislikes:

1. Downstate system -It annoys me that rez is faster then a stomp, Or that If you are outnumbered and you can’t stomp, you have to kill/down 1 guy 5 times till he is dead or that you can rally on mobs. (PS : I think some finishers animation are cool but this shouldn’t be a reason to keep downstate-)
  2. To much incentives to Zerg 0 incentives to roam or do small scale pvp
  3. The increase in buffs/gear that starts to influence the fights, before it was just everybody with same possibility in stats and it was the player Skill and the build making all the difference.
  4. Lack of new content

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Like:
-Big fights. Even 50v50 can be nail-biting if both groups are using VOIP.
-Strategic warfare. There really is nothing like being able to say ‘Your T3 siege capped garrison is closed due to tactical genius’.
-Spontaneous PvP. I dislike most ‘hardcore’ PvP modes like TPvP or MOBAs because they can get to the point where every match feels like it was scripted and routines overtake skill. I feel like skill can only truly matter when nobody knows what will happen next.

Dislike:
-PvE. I don’t want to fight AI in a PvP game, I want to fight players. I don’t want to grind out stuff either, I want to fight people with the same power that I have, no more, no less.
-Siege. This should only be able to supplement boots on the ground, not render them redundant (mainly an issue with defensive siege).
-Min-maxing. Having different combat roles is great, but they require people to min-max hard in contrary directions. A roaming build is useless to a group and a group oriented build cannot defeat a roaming build. There’s far too much ‘my build is better than your build’ instead of ‘I outplayed you here’.

in WvW

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

3 Likes
1) Roaming
2) Balance
3) Skill/Small Scale PvP

Dislikes
1) Mindless Zerging, no incentive for small scale WvW
2) Warriors and their mobility, it’s quite frankly OP (oh and hammer warriors are EVERYWHERE, does that tell you something aNet?)
3) Condition Bunker builds that take little skill for a higher reward than someone who runs power/zerker builds which you are nerfing….

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

like:
1. filling a variety of roles (scout, commander, zergling, vulture, roamer, etc)
2. community
3. killing scrubs while badly outnumbered

dislike:
1. unchecked power creep (ascended, dire, wxp trait lines)
2. mismatched server populations (bad matchups, nightcapping)
3. dev silence
4. costs gold to play well

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Bonsai.8964

Bonsai.8964

like:

- smallcale fights
- build diversity (amulets in pvp feel very restrictive)
- guilds actually mean something (unlike pvp)

dislike:

- getting zerged
- tower/keep huggers
- reward system (go zerg or go home)

Some random Engineer who tends to be annoying on TS

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

- free epic/big battles, not fan of the zerg trains but I like when two massive grups colide
- finaly after one year we got ascended accesorys for badges and after 1.5 years we got backpacks too, actualy I like everything new what can be bought for badges

hate:
-my server
- pve in this map
- constanly pushing pve/living story in www maps, if ppl want to do other stuff they do wher they belong, in pve. You dont see anyone trying to push www in normal pve maps or asking for normal pve to be in pk mode. As many say and will keep on screaming: Get your pve out of my www.
-bugs since day one of the game not fixed. You guys rebuild the whole new map(the ruins) but the old bugs are still there. I’m not list them here coz after 1.5 years and millions posts I doubt you guys even care.
-ppl with mentality: buff everything I am, nerf everything I’m not.

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

(edited by spiritus.7983)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

2) Ability to level in WvW (being uplevel’d is a good concept but it has flaws)
3) Every Role Contributes.

Dislikes:
1) False hope from Dev’s (The CDI threads that seem to have been absolutely pointless)
2) Mindless Zerging is favored in every possible way
3) Always passed over for more PvE or SPvP updates
4) Bugs/Exploits that have been in the game from Day 1
5) Perma Stealth, lets be realistic … no one enjoys fighting an enemy that is invisible for 90% of the fight
6) Did I point out no worthwhile updates when compared to PvE ?
7) PvE in WvW, if we want to PvE you have several zones for us to do it in, stop adding it to WvW.
8) WvW Dev Ego’s, get over yourselves and listen to the community, its not a bad idea just because its not yours.
9) If your going to allow uplevels than increase the stats so they are more than rally bait.
10) Did I mention lack of updates ?

I enjoy the game, but like many others I can see the bigger picture and realize that WvW has the potential to be amazing if Anet stops putting up road blocks and actually puts some time and effort into it. By this I don’t mean opening yet another CDI thread that will get our hopes up only to be thrown in the trash a week later.

in WvW

Posted by: Quaygal.5327

Quaygal.5327

- That interesting mix of PvP and PvE elements that separates it distinctly from the other two aspects of Guild Wars 2.
- Going on solo missions to take out dolyaks behind enemy lines. Getting caught in the act and getting away. Destroying both the enemy’s supply and the satisfaction of a solid kill.
- Keeps. Keeps are good. I like Keeps. Keeps with siege are best.

Dislikes
- No encouragement to be in multiple places. All rewards are at some final goal point, forcing everyone to amass to these points. All intermediate points to get to the goal point are dealt with sequentially, not in parallel.
- Investments into siege and fortifications are very transitory. It takes little to no time for your efforts to fortify to be completely lost. Logging out and back in only a couple hours later is often a painful experience.
- Do to a couple of WvW talents and the rally mechanic, nearby friendly NPC units can be more of a resource to your opponent then to yourself.

(edited by Quaygal.5327)

in WvW

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Like and want more of-
-“sweet spot” battles of 10-20 vs 10-20. Larger than that or too lopsided is frustrating. Would love to see more ways to discourage pure zerging or unbalanced server matchups.
-Class-specific contributions. I like having my mesmer feel useful and unique with veil and portal. I’d love to see some other classes have some stand-out abilities while also avoiding the pitfall of using up all my utility slots on bagless, non-damaging skills.
-Variety in landscapes. Snowy cliffs, ancient ruins! I’d love to see more varied terrain! some vertical fighting would be awesome!

Dislike and want less of:
-Zergy GWEN meta. Rangers, thieves, engineers, and mesmers are often left out/unwanted from organized guilds.
-Availability of boons. Stability and protection are so easily available, limiting a huge swath of CC skills (both movement and interruption/daze) and making an unstoppable ‘hammer train’.
-Weak pets in large encounters. As a mesmer, I hate that an entire range of builds (shatter and phantasm) are nullified by the huge amount of passive AoE/cleave. Pair that with the abundance of stability and my CC/interrupt builds are significantly weaker as well.

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Account bound wxp soon
When I say it works, wvw is a kitten good game, has something for everyone.

Dislikes

Towers that have a huge disadvantage vs specific keeps ex. Hills vs south east tower.

All the wasted space in the north half of the bl maps, it feels like 1/4 of your home bl is safe zone/ wasted space.

Bugs and hackers, no good report system.

Party, commander ui, party still doesn’t work properly and should be 10-20 player max, commander doesn’t really get anything useful to manage.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

enable town clothes in wvw please

people exploited it, so unless all those abilities are disabled we cant reintroduce them

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

#FormattingForJosh

^^

Really nice responses so far. Thanks for keeping the formatting simple and the points concise. I’ll compile this sometime next week, but I’ll continue to check in over the weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Not a huge WvW player, my dislikes might help explain why.

1) Using the character I’ve spent hours building in PvE.
2) Ability to be a solo player or just one soldier in a large army.
3) Ability to advance rank and unlock new perks.

Dislikes:
1) I don’t dislike dying BUT when you do die it can take a crazy long time to get back into battle. If you’re roaming you could die just by being unlucky and running into the big zerg but then have to run all the way back every single time. In a game where everywhere else you can instantly teleport anywhere any time you want, this is very detrimental. This is the #1 reason I can’t play WvW for very long before getting very frustrated. When you die in sPvP it’s fine, a few seconds later you’re back in the fight. Not so in WvW. Need more waypoints in WvW, some outside of keeps that can never be contested or something.
2) This is the other side of one of my “likes”. Being able to use your character from PvE means not everything is balanced well for PvP. It’s not fun to play against Runes of Perplexity in a PvP game mode.
3) Zergs. This isn’t just that I don’t large groups, but it becomes exponentially more difficult to deal with a group the more players that are in it. 1 AOE retaliation boon can wipe out half my health from just 1 grenade throw.
4) I don’t want to be “that guy” and I’m not qq’ing about WvW, but I have to include a 4th here. Portals. I don’t like the emphasis that is placed on Mesmers due to portals and veils. No other profession can do anything as crucial as those IMO. I’m not calling them OP, they fit with the Mesmer and I don’t think anything about them is broken. I just don’t think any other class has skills that are as valuable as these are which isn’t exactly fair.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Devesion.5704

Devesion.5704

Like:

1. Guild groups
2. Variety of strategic movements and skill usage.
3. Sieging and defending keeps/towers.

Suggestions/Dislike/Improvements

Oh boy this is gonna be a biggy to put this all in 3 things.

1. Communication between players and game developers. Maybe a weekly or a monthly update from Game developers of how their vision is on wvw atm and what they are working on. So that we can see progress and how far that progress is? Now its all: we cant tell you, we will not tell you, it is not certain. If you cant go into details, tell us what you are working on in general: Commander system, new mastery’s, new map, bug fixing etc. It would certainly be nice to hear something sometime.
2. Bug fixing, reporting hacks and exploits.
3. Mindless WvW zerging, cause Numbers/Coverage = insta win.
4. The lack of guild claiming rewards. (give guilds for defending/holding a tower/keep on ENEMY borderland points (merits, influences, (perhaps a new currency specially for guilds in WVW?))
5. Lack of updates compared to PvE or PvP. ( we have no update (except the name changing of Guard killer) in the past 2 months?)
6. Scouting, Dolly walking and defending rewards are compared to mindless zerging not beneficial. (The whole idea of helping your server by doing something usefull other then mindless zerging = non beneficial)
7. PPT still the way to go.
8. Downstate – Shouldnt be able to rally ppl. Just revivable or stab it with a spear. (finisher)
9. Variety of upgrades? Maybe have some different paths of upgrading towers/keeps/camps. (I.E. faster dollies respawn, double deliveries dolly’s or walking speed dollies upgrade)
10. Variety of siege? Counter an AC or Treb/ catapult shot by building a barricade?
11. Walls/gates/NPC/tower etc is not scaling when a 80 man zerg comes along and just pvds everything down within 1 minute.
12. Guild sieges should be something special, not just superior siege with an a tweak of updated graphics. (Like guild cata, half supplies, or more hp or anything)
13. New Guild mission? Capture and claim Lake or briar in enemy BL. Hold it for X amount of time.
14. More traps? (Some dev said like 1 year ago? we will implement more traps.)
15. While being on the subject of implementing things: You sometimes promise the stars, but we get the meteorite that goes away from the star.
16. 1 more on the implementing things: our masteries! we saw you had repair and build mastery to 10 and something else. Where is that?
17. dieing world vs world servers.
18. Why do we get pve updates inside our wvw?
19. Thanks for the GvG arena (i dont gvg, but still thanks.)
20. Maybe a respawn timer or a respawn limit per minute. Ye it sucks when you have to wait to get revived, but it also sucks when your fighting a 60 man zerg with 30-40 man that they can easily run back one by one and keep you busy.
21. Overhauls or new maps (i know EoTM is coming) but a new map, or changed towers/keeps will really help with different strategics etc.)
22. Mercanery camps, could we get rid or atleast change them? they contribute almost nothing to the world.

Well atleast i kept it under 30.

I would suggest: experiment, and not just without letting us know, implement something! if it doesnt work, just get rid of it.

“Let the shadows embrace you!”

Matthew Witherblade [TaG] GH

in WvW

Posted by: calankh.3248

calankh.3248

coordinating with other players – I keep trying to come up with others but they all fall into this category. the draw of WvW is strategizing with other players.

Dislikes:
almost-perma-stealth thieves that 5-6 opponents can’t kill
weeks when one server is steamrolling
flame ram trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Oh forgot to mention a dislike, no rewards for those who are defending/patrolling a keep or escorting dollies.

I know this is a complex issue seeing at launch botters were doing the escorts; but it is a vital part of WvW and must be done. But as noone receives any rewards for escorting dollies any more very few people do it.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

• Easy & open access for all, being casual friendly while letting skilled players develop & shine
  • Variety, something for everyone from large scale open field to small havoc roamers, solos and siege aficionados
  • Beautiful rich environments with terrain that encourages unique encounters, never the same thing twice and always an element of wondering what is around the next corner

Dislikes

• Lack of rewards in general but especially unique shiny goodies for WvWers, rewards that are there favor zerging and avoiding combat
  • Lack of commander and guild leader functions, needs more ways for guilds to shine and make a name for themselves
  • How the stealth mechanic ended up working out, sounded good on paper but gets way over used, needs more counters
~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

1. wvwvw when the game frist launched, action all over the map, not just kitten y zergs
2. wvwvw before everyone started to play only mesmer and sin solo.
3. stone mist, the only fort whats big and you get to fight inside, kinda… everything els is a hut on a massive patch of land.

Dislikes.
1. zergs
2. unbalanced classes
3. no updates what so ever. stop with the dam weekly boss content what no ones plays.

in WvW

Posted by: lunacrous.6751

lunacrous.6751

1. Slim victories against terrible odds.
  2. Interesting fights while roaming
  3. Flanking maneuvers!

Hates:

1. The incentivization of PvDoor
  2. Running into the same handful of cheesewheel builds while roaming
  3. See #2

in WvW

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

Besides the format in principle, which I like tremendously now, here are my points:

Like:

• Siege equipment (and ACs are not overpowered, they are functional)
  • Artful zerging (Ins Da Wagh and many other commanders on Deso ftw)
  • Small groups are still useful

Dislike:

• Difficult to organize a guild raid without hampering others: there should be a commander icon only seen by guild (or squad).
  • Long ways to run (I know why that must be, but you asked for like/dislike, not for necessary/unnecessary)
  • Overflows/Queuing times

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

• I can play any format (solo, groups, team, zerg) I feel like playing
  • Fights and strategy
  • Community of regulars

Dislikes

• Some classes are useless/unwanted in some format
  • Defense/upgrades are important, but no incencitives to do them + No difference in PPT for an upgraded structures
  • Uneven match-ups

in WvW

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

1. Player vs player fights (even if it is Zerg vs Zerg fights)
2. Siege mechanics
3. Just WvW in general

DISLIKES
1. Ridiculous amount of damage arrow carts do to certain siege (especially golems)
2. 5 man party limit. It almost hinders the effectiveness of a havoc group with 6-8 people.
3. I don’t know

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: CptnDrunk.8361

CptnDrunk.8361

- constant activity
- roaming

dislikes:
-vast amount of siege. change the siege cap!
-dull borderlands. IDEA: rework the borderlands to something similar to EOTM. each BL is themed. desert arctic and forest.
- rewards are lacking.

Tone Deaf [TUNE] | Yaks Bend
Doctor Love – Mesmer
Captain Awesome – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Prefaced by — I’m a 100% WvW roamer.

My likes are:

1.) The ability to have random encounters where you aren’t placed on a deadline or necessity to capture points. So variability in encounters. This isn’t possible in SPvP.

2.) The variations in builds you see because you can choose each armor piece. This isn’t possible in SPvP.

3.) The fact that no matter who is winning, who is losing, you now have Obsidian Sanctum to duel in. THANK YOU.

My dislikes:

1.) The prevalence of conditions. This includes the ridiculousness that is immobilize stacking, the irony that is +40% condi duration food and the ease with which condi builds can be executed — that is due to only one stat which modifies their damage, so they can put to use three stats: condi damage, toughness and vitality. No other build can do this. It is FAR too easy.

2.) Zergs. What more needs said? They need a debuff for traveling in such unorganized and filthy blobs. This zerg point includes the AoE cap.. A five man team should more than be able to hold off a 40 man unorganized zerg at a choke point. Think of the Seals and how they have fought outnumbered in numerous occasions. If you want the game to survive, you have two options. Dismantle zergs or promote ways to BUST zergs. And no, siege isn’t the answer; its the cowards way out.

3.) The grind which WvWers have to do in order to keep the latest gear, or achieve legendary gear. Each time I’m in Obsidian Sanctum, I’m slaying people with legendaries. They aren’t skilled, they just have money from PvEing. Why isn’t there WvW ascended, and PvE ascended gear. And why aren’t there WvW legendaries? I’ve killed thousands upon thousands of players without a zerg blob to shield me. I’d like to look good while doing it, but I don’t get enjoyment out of PvE. Why log on to a game and do unpleasant work?

At that, I want to thank you Grouch for extending your hand and asking for these lists. I hope they’re taken seriously. Some people here really do know this game, and I consider myself one who does know the small man side of WvW super well. There are those of us who are super concerned about the future. Let our worries subside.. Hire more people to work on WvW — PLEASE!

Many thanks,

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Like:
1) Playing with my guild
2) Fights
3) Can’t think of 3rd.

Dislikes:
1) Rally Mechanic (should be 1:1 or 2:1)/ Downed mechanic – no power resing in combat.
2) Arrow carts / Trebs behind gates
3) Lack of cool rewards for playing a lot.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

- The players/player community
- The graphics
- Fighting (ingame or deceased match up forums)
- Players organizing with other servers/server players, with no help from the game to do this
- The highly active combat

Dislike
- The relative silence on the forums by all involved at Anet.
- When the ^silence is broken, it is only to respond to fluff threads/posts.
- Not responding to legitimate threads/posts that are about improving the game, or asking for an update on whats actually going on behind the scenes.
- How day 1 bugs and exploits have not been fixed or even replied to/mentioned.
- How it feels like the only thing that matters to the company is the gem store and PvE carrots.
- How driving the game forward is being ignored and not being worked on.
- Server lag.
- Zerging.
- Blobbing.
- Population imbalance.
- Individual skill being almost unimportant (Outside of havoc/5 man)
- Unimproved commander functions
- Cannot kick offline party members
- Condition stat being so powerful for how easy it is to play
- Trebuchets behind gates.
- No reward for upgrading structures, you effectively just waste money.
- Not even remotely close $$$ per hour compared to PvE.
- Power always being given to the larger numbers (rallying, reviving, orb buff, aoe limit)

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

(edited by thaooo.5320)

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderCat.8395

ThunderCat.8395

2) GvG
3) Roaming

Dislikes:
1) Bugs that should have been fixed a long time ago (can’t kick from party, exploits into towers, gentle slopes nearly killing you from fall damage, etc)
2) Arrow Carts and people who want to turtle in towers/build open field siege with their 40+ zerg instead of fighting our 20 open field
3) Zerg-favoring mechanics: retal, immob spam, cc spam

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

1. Large scale epic battles. Large organized vs. Large organized guild is the bomb, be it open field, hold-out, whatever. This is where team tactics and actual strategies come into play on top of individual player. most of all, I love it when it all just turns into a state of semi-chaos.

2. Lootbags and zerg busting. Good zerg busting produces lots and lots of bags

3. Winning fights when going against larger size and often considered superior groups of opponents, especially guild groups or groups headed by a single guild.

Dislikes:

1. Roaming – SPVP >>>>>>>>>>>>>> thataway pls !!!!!!!!!!! More often then not, it doesn’t support your “server as a whole” anywhere near the contribution that organized battles do. Fails to produce lootbags per time invested when compared to zerg-busting making it pointless.

2. Coverage gaps. These demoralize and destroy entire servers and their respective communities.

3. Duelers, small scale roamers etc. – All these guys do is is complain about others and scream for nerfs to everyone because they got owned by some other roamer or solo player of a particular build or style. They also have bad attitude and badmouth everyone when killed or inturrapted their prescious little 15 vs 15 or 1 vs 1 duel, when all we want is to just tag ’em for some bags.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: WinterCatalyst.5283

WinterCatalyst.5283

ok then, 3 Likes
1) Great way to socialise
2) The Epic scale is Epic
3) you can play at whatever level if you so desire

3 Dislikes
1) no rewards for upgrading towers and camps
2)Server lag
3) Why everbody is soo hard to kill, unless of course i am missing something so…
4) the supply pool, make it a lil bit bigger

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Like:
- all kind combat (more match-relevance of combat please, less for PvD): open field, siege attack, siege defense
- My server: “Für Elona”!! (Server Communirty, Team Building, ….), More Server-Community (World Government) effects (e.g. PvE-taxes pay for upgrades not individual players, influence on migration: server may set: a tax/refund for immigration, min level for WvW, min time on server to enter WvW, queue priorities…)
- Match should have more influence on what’s possible in PvE (e.g. no possession on that BL, travel in Maguma is tripple expensive)

Dislike:
- WvW is only coverage war, combat and prime-time are quite irrelevant for match-outcome. (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Nerf-the-domination-of-Coverage)
- Single-Target vs AoE Skills, currently single target skills are worthless in WvW, AoE attacks do more (same) damage and conditions than single target skills. But it should be: the more people you hit the less damage (cond. effect) you do per person, such that the sum is equal. This is totally out of balance, spam AoE (and do not play a class/weapon-set that hasn’t much AoE) is the only Meta.
- It needs in-game reporting and action (fixing, suspension) for hacks, exploits, grief-play (and something like Source-TV to check reports).

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)