WvW - Three Likes & Three Hates

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

2. Large engagements between big armies
3. Relative freedom to pursue my own goals, like join a zerg, roam, do pve activities, JP etc.

Dislikes:
1. 5-man limited party interface
2. Rally mechanic dumbs down fights
3. Unable to play with friends on other servers, can’t even create a alt to play with them as most other games would allow

in WvW

Posted by: Haematic.4913

Haematic.4913

My 3 Likes

1.) Open Field GvG / Large Scale Fights
2.) Epic 3-way fights in Stone Mist Castle
3.) Roleplaying as a Tree, a Dolyak, and woodland creatures to scout the enemy.

My 3 Dislikes

1.) PvE in WvW : Living World non-sense
2.) No decent reward for winning matchups
3.) No sufficient way to acquire ascended armor & weaponry (PvE grind is the worst, I would rather grind in WvW by means of Badges Of Honor, Laurels, Lords, Supervisors, etc.), and boxes drop once in a blue moon.

Fort Aspenwood – Haematic, Inclina Deus
http://youtube.com/haematic4913
http://twitch.tv/haematic

in WvW

Posted by: Cheechglg.8734

Cheechglg.8734

1) Medium/small scale fights
2) Roaming
3) Getting perma stunned and 90 billion conditions instantly followed by certain death all in the matter of a couple of seconds. (Smell the hint of sarcasm?)

Dislikes

1) Stupidly large Zerging which need no skill at all for
2) Player coverage/24/7 match’s on localised server’s (Get rid of localaised server’s)
3) Commander ( nothing against commanders. Just 100g for blue dot is rubbish. Only needing one commander per map at any given time, Four per server

Commander Ui would be nice, with ability to see who is in your squad, make group leader’s and a seperate chat channel for commander and group leaders.

Tag only visable once joined commander’s team

Commander only chat channel each map for easier co-ordination of teams around the map.

The need for multiple commander’s per map ( splitting the 80 man zergs into teams of 20, With a reduction of team’s damage out-put or something to discourage teams from same server meeting up and skillessly Zerging)

Infraction points INC!
[FLEE] Gandara [PUK]

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Hey all,

I want to clear up some potential confusion that may have been caused with this thread as I’ve seen a few posters questioning the connection between this thread and the Collaborative Development Initiative. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with the term, the CDI is a tool that our designers use to gather critical design-focused feedback on a given topic that we then take into consideration during the development process, making the development of Guild Wars 2 much more of a conversational two-way street.

On the other hand, the main intent of this thread was to help me acclimate to the WvW community at large, getting a grasp on the things players both enjoy and dislike, and with that in mind I think the thread served its purpose well. World vs. World is a very complex machine in that it caters to many groups of diverse interests and play styles, and because of that there is no absolutely uniform list of high-concerns that players might have. The opinions and information I’ve gleaned from this thread have been extremely helpful in getting my finger on the many pulses of WvW. My job, ultimately, is to not only communicate things to you, but to also act as your representative to our developers.

On the topic of CDI, if you’d like to participate in the next one, Chris Whiteside will be starting a new thread that focuses on improving the CDI process itself sometime today or tomorrow in Guild Wars 2 General Forums.

Thanks again!