WvW Titles Unreachable for Casual Player

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Let me keep this short
WvW titles (most of them) are unreachable for the casual player.
If a casual player wants to achieve for example the “Yackslapper” title, then he must murder 1 million dolyaks first. Even if all players in WvW turned into dolyaks, it will still took many years to achieve.
Is there any possibility in the future that these achievements will be more reachable for the regular player?
Why are the WvW titles the hardest titles to get?

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

While I agree that they are currently way too hard to achieve, you are making a mistake in assuming that all achievements should cater to casual players.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Let me put it this way. Ultimate Dominator should be harder to achieve then Yackslapper. They already nerfed it to 1million to 250k wich is for me acceptable.
But 1 million dollys is just beyond no life, doesn’t matter if you’re hardcore or casual.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

They should at least cater to hardcore players that play less than sixteen hours a day seven days a week.

Said sixteen hour player will take ten years to get yakslapper if that is the only thing he focused on.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

in WvW

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

What do u mean for casual player? Some of them are near enough kittening impossible for bots to beat.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I’d like to meet the hardcore 100% WvW player that has Yakslapper today. Or one that will get it within the next 20 years.

Anet has previously admitted that the achievements are a little… off… but has never acted on it. You see, in game development its far easier to make for example a new PvP mode, completely remake trait systems, a new map, 10 new gear sets or a 10 chapter singleplayer story than it is changing a number from 1,000,000 to say 100,000. Think of the consequences, that change could break the game.

in WvW

Posted by: Notsoperky.4291

Notsoperky.4291

While I agree that they are currently way too hard to achieve, you are making a mistake in assuming that all achievements should cater to casual players.

That has got to be the funniest post ever made on these forums.

There’s clueless about how stupid the wvw achievement targets are, and now we have a new class of stupidity above even that: LK stupid.

They’re not just unreachable by casual players, they are unreachable by the most hard core 24/7 bot within 20 years.

in WvW

Posted by: CyberMurmeli.3061

CyberMurmeli.3061

Most of them obviously arent meant to be reachable, for anyone. While it would be nice to get some new achiviements with realistic numbers, I think it they should keep these old ones aswell. To me atleast they are sort of “wvw statistics”.

in WvW

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

All of the titles are ridiculous and unreachable.
Except UD.

But nowadays even that has gotten harder. So there’s no real reason to believe that any casual player will get any of the titles within 3 or so years.

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

in WvW

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

Those achievements are unreachable for hard core players aswell.
I mean look at them….. Insain.