WvW Tournament - can we get one now?

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

As the title says, it’s been a year since the proper WvW Tournament. I wouldn’t count the Autumn one – it was short, achis were ridiculously easy and people didn’t take it too seriously.

Reasons for the Tournament at this time:
1) There isn’t much content until HoT drops, I’m sure playerbase would appreciate having something to do.
2) Apparently Alpine borderland will become Anet’s typical mistake of removed content™. I don not like it one bit, but c’est la vie. It would be nice to get a Tournament now to properly enjoy the Borderland while it lasts.
3) Enjoying open fights, without much PvE in the way and without jumping puzzle aspects, while it lasts (as much as it can be enjoyed with stab changes).
4) Matchups have been quite stale lately, at least in Bronze.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

PLEASE NO!
I rather they never come back.
The ques, the lag, the blobs, the double teamed…
All the worst of the game will happen during the tournament.

Your not in T1 so you don’t know the impact..

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

PLEASE NO!

Actually, it’s been a lot of fun, in Bronze at leats. Makes things more interesting.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

in WvW

Posted by: storm.9471

storm.9471

Yes plz.

I’m quitting when Alpine is gone, it’d be nice to say goodbye with a tourney.

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

PLEASE NO!

Actually, it’s been a lot of fun, in Bronze at leats. Makes things more interesting.

Like I said, in T1, tournament is HORRIBLE.
You can see those spies wasting supply, driving golems to die, build troll siege to cap the siege weapons, the dirtiest things human can think of, will happen during T1 tournament.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I’m actually quite looking forward to the next tournament. It’ll be interesting to see how the T2 stacking has affected their coverage and how they stack against T1 servers on the NA side. I don’t think it’ll affect things as much on the EU side for gold league though.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Yes yes yes! Plus I really would like to change my mastery points again. WvW tournaments are fun for roaming, and the extra competitiveness in zerg plays is interesting as well. Silver League talking here.

in WvW

Posted by: Pomdepin.7068

Pomdepin.7068

YES please ! It might be my biggest wish at the moment to have some more interest in WvW. Don’t know what’s exactly going on in T1 league, but if the problem is due to server transfers, they could just block this function during the tournament period, so that everyone stays in the server he chose before the beginning.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Aye, would be nice with a tournament. But I would suggest waiting a few weeks in order for people to adapt to the new Stability changes.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Bristingr.5034

Bristingr.5034

2) Apparently Alpine borderland will become Anet’s typical mistake of removed content™. I don not like it one bit, but c’est la vie. It would be nice to get a Tournament now to properly enjoy the Borderland while it lasts.

I’m quitting when Alpine is gone, it’d be nice to say goodbye with a tourney.

The Alpine Borderlands aren’t being deleted. They said they would reserve them for Tournaments and/or be put in a rotation schedule.

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

WvW Tournaments, where every other week is meaningless!

…or is it the other way around?

in WvW

Bristingr.5034

I’ve never been apart of a World vs. World (vs. World) tournament. What are they like?

in WvW

Posted by: gaurav.7340

gaurav.7340

I think it would be fun to have another tournament now!! +1 for this

in WvW

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

I’ve never been apart of a World vs. World (vs. World) tournament. What are they like?

basicly the same as every other week, except more people from your server will be in WvW (or in que if you are in a T1/T2 server), more people will care about winning, and there will be some shiny rewards at the end of each week/end of the tournament/for completing achievements (this was different with each tournament)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

First off, they are removing Alpine BL because it’s not designed well. Additionally, they will be bringing it back once it’s fixed.

Second, the fall tournament was much more the kind of tournament that caters towards actual tournament-type players. Having a long tourney burns out those kinds of players. I’m not sure what you have against a 4-week tournament. I personally don’t want a long tourney.

Third, it may be fine for bronze, but silver league is in a mess right now.

Fourth, we need to adapt to balance and camera changes before a tournament starts. Also I think ANet wants to work a bit more on the trolling aspect of WvW, to make the next tournament smoother.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

(edited by Curo.2483)

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Aye, would be nice with a tournament. But I would suggest waiting a few weeks in order for people to adapt to the new Stability changes.

Watch out, if you wait too long for something you might die of old age… or in this case of boredom and people quit the game. Since the final episode of S2 there were only filler patches without any content for any of the gamemodes.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

PLEASE NO!

You’re not in the lower tiers so you might not realize it, but the rest of us need incentives to increase activity in WvW. While you guys worry about Queues we have to worry about getting enough people in EB to follow the tag, better yet sometimes we don’t even have a tag.

The tournament would be great and I’m hoping for the announcement any day now.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

in WvW

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

the dirtiests thing human can think of, will happen during T1 tournament.

Human sacrifices! Dogs and cats… living together… mass hysteria!

Pass on a tourney until HoT is established and stable.

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Considering that silver has been broken for months no thank you. Considering the winners are known at the beginning of the tourney no thank you. Considering the burn out that happens to a lot of the vets leaving maps emptier no thank you.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

I really miss the tournaments. :c
That and I want more mists weapon skins xD

Hoopa doopa.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

PLEASE NO!

You’re not in the lower tiers so you might not realize it, but the rest of us need incentives to increase activity in WvW. While you guys worry about Queues we have to worry about getting enough people in EB to follow the tag, better yet sometimes we don’t even have a tag.

The tournament would be great and I’m hoping for the announcement any day now.

There’s a lot of us in T1 that is really looking forward to a tourney. Many in T1 are there for the 24/7 fights, which has been on the decline for the past 6 months as balance changes from 1 server to another. It would be nice to get a match where all 3 T1 servers can queue all 4 maps for a tight matchup, to determine skills and/or strategy rather than numbers and coverage

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: este.8651

este.8651

Lets face it, anet is aiming high these days. They have some high quality content they have been working on for quite a while. The bar is set high. After we get our gvg arenas in our guild halls I think they will make a new tournament.

THE FIRST EVER WORLD WVW TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!! NA VS EU VS CHINA….

Instant esport and sales gained from the tourney alone would help pay for new servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

whatever it will be, make the rewards worth the effort, for once.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

I think the unique skins you can get nowhere else are a pretty good reward. Would be even better with a collection achievement for getting all 19 though.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

whatever it will be, make the rewards worth the effort, for once.

So that we get even more PvE-farmers locking up the borderlands stopping actual WvW guilds from getting in?

I am not sure that is a good idea.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Now that Mag’s bandwagon has moved on bronze is finally in a good spot right now, let’s not screw that up with another tournie. Every tournament so far has been devastating for the bronze tiers, you always get a bunch of crappy guilds that bandwagon on 1 server so they can rofl stomp groups a 3rd of their size.

Unless they are going to do something to make the tournament competitive like locking the score outside of primetime, or adjusting the population cap, there is absolutely no point to having a tournament.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

Tournaments pretty much killed servers before.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Bristingr.5034

TC having to work with JQ and BG? Screw that.

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

TC having to work with JQ and BG? Screw that.

Uh that happens every week. T1 locked.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Instead of WvW tournaments, I’d rather they do something like a push week. Like once a month, a random week will be chosen as the push week and you get rewarded extra for winning that week or something. Make it random so people can’t plan it, this way people would have to wait until reset night to see if that particular week is push week.

What was said above is true, WvW tournaments do/did bring out the worst out of people. It also got so many people burned out that we ended up losing a lot of good people, many great commanders that pulled overtime during tournaments for an example are no longer playing. It’s just a shame. I’d rather not see that happen again where guilds break up due to tournaments, and commanders quit the game due to it.

Weekly pushes are doable and I think most people can handle that, once a week out of a month or two.

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I think the unique skins you can get nowhere else are a pretty good reward. Would be even better with a collection achievement for getting all 19 though.

In principle, yes, they are a good reward. It is a good idea.
In reality, they are kinda bad looking compared to other skins you can obtain more easily.
This is the reason why I do not see any of those skins around, I reckon.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

NO, the horror! These so called tournaments are pointless and simply not fun. That some people inexplicably care about them somehow makes them even worse. This was a failed experiment in an effort to breathe new life into what anet sensed was a dying wvw. The new bl map hopefully will accomplish that, no need for yet another “gee, I wonder which server will win” tournament.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

in WvW

Posted by: Gatharin.2674

Gatharin.2674

While tournaments in the past have been events which have only served to unbalance the tiers, I think now is one instance where it would do the opposite. At least in the higher tiers, there are some MAJOR population disparities at the moment that could potentially be resolved by a tourney.

1. Tier 1 needs to be unlocked and the only way that is going to happen is through a tournament. FA has grown far too large for tier 2 and even the other tier 2 servers are curious how their populations stack up to the big three with the arms race that has been going on there lately.

2. The interface of gold and silver is screwed up beyond belief. However, the hold on many guild groups in T2 is tenuous at best. Whichever server is stuck in silver will lose most of their fight guilds. This may finally help to start destacking whatever server that is. While it is true that the amount of bandwagoners will still be high on that server, it seems the rise of Maguuma may soon help reduce the k-training.

My two-cents.

Maguuma WvW

in WvW

Posted by: sniperman.1738

sniperman.1738

For those saying Tournaments are awesome, try being a guild leader and or Main commander. First main commanders in reality when it comes to servers who are just at a low enough pop that don’t have enough are pulling 8 to 13 hour days of being tagged up, not to mention, the guilds who wind up running all day and exhausting themselves. And lets be honest after tourny you see alot of people walk away from the game for a bit because of how stressful and not fun it was.

One of the Main Commander’s Grims Bane
Darkhaven
PPT Pusher/Fightmander