WvW Trolls

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

It’s almost impossible to prove “malicious intent” although it’s obvious that noone needs 5 trebs in a supply camp.

Is it obvious? What if you expect an enemy zerg to come in within a few minutes and take the camp to resupply before heading to your garrison? Now ‘wasting’ supply on useless siege becomes a tactical move rather then malicious intent.

If we could do something to the person that is wasting supply, I would agree, but as it is we can’t do anything so they have nothing but malicious intent. Pretty bad that the other servers have to do this to win though. Pretty bad that other people wish to cause such grief. I don’t expect any better behavior and attitude from you so called people though so I’m not surprised.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

Spying hurts WvW as well, as this sort of falls into the same category. Many guilds won’t run with tags because of the spying, forcing use of teamspeak to bypass it best they can.
Not sure exactly what can be done outside of limiting each account to one server only, but some people may own multiple game accounts and bypass this, although not a lot I would guess.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

This type of siege placement manipulation should be a bannable offense imo after the second reporting. First time, okay, don’t ban them, give them the benefit of the doubt. But a second time deserves a full ban.

I would not wish this on any of my enemies as it takes the spirit and fun out of WvW. I’d rather lose by 100k points than win because of trolls on the opposing servers.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Look, this is when we have to act like big boys and girls and help clean up a mess. This trolling has happened many times since launch. No one appreciates or likes this behavior except for the perpetrator doing it.

A solution to trolling was a simple one. We had already agreed long ago to contact the opposite sides and let them come clear the siege. It’s takes 5 minutes to come open a gate, clear siege, and leave in peace. We really should be self sufficient and mature enough to handle it. Just party up with any player on the other side and ask for help. A lot of the Guild leads whom command in WvW know each other to contact.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Symir.3896

Symir.3896

I agree with DeWolfe. Just invite someone on opposing faction to a party and see if they are willing to clear it for you. I’m on SoS and if I were asked to clear trolled siege I’d be happy to get a small group together. If it’s all in a tower, let them take out the gate and then repair behind them to keep those out that might consider it a free tower.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s almost impossible to prove “malicious intent” although it’s obvious that noone needs 5 trebs in a supply camp. Would take something similar with a law suit – witnesses, proof, etc. You could end by banning an innocent, someone who just joined the game and knows little. They prefer to let the competitive WvWers in the top tiers deal with this by themselves.

Total BS. Someone does siege griefing more than once, it’s extremely obvious. This is not a court of law, there’s no “beyond reasonable doubt.” Anet bans people all the time unjustly in PvE only to reverse the bans later (see recent linen farm bans).

Anet just doesn’t care about WvW. The only good news is that these griefers can frequently be legitimately reported for scamming and verbal abuse (which Anet does care about) because that’s the kind of people they are.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I am not sure on how this can be fixed but here is an idea. Make it so that siege in a tower/keep/castle can only be placed by the Guild that claims that structure. Anyone can build and maintain it but the claiming guild is the only one able to drop siege. If the structure is unclaimed then only a set amount of siege can be built, that is the siege cap for that structure is lower. Make it also possible then for a guild to claim more then one structure, for example on a BL there are 4 towers and 3 keeps. Allow a specific guild the ability to claim one of each per map and once claimed the de-spawn timer for that siege is increased. For example the current system will de-spawn an ac in one hour if not refreshed. Increase that to two or 3 hours if it is within the control of a guild claimed structure.

Theftwind (HoD)

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Afrowizard.1062

Afrowizard.1062

At least veloka is safe

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Rogoth.8325

Rogoth.8325

I am not sure on how this can be fixed but here is an idea. Make it so that siege in a tower/keep/castle can only be placed by the Guild that claims that structure. Anyone can build and maintain it but the claiming guild is the only one able to drop siege. If the structure is unclaimed then only a set amount of siege can be built, that is the siege cap for that structure is lower. Make it also possible then for a guild to claim more then one structure, for example on a BL there are 4 towers and 3 keeps. Allow a specific guild the ability to claim one of each per map and once claimed the de-spawn timer for that siege is increased. For example the current system will de-spawn an ac in one hour if not refreshed. Increase that to two or 3 hours if it is within the control of a guild claimed structure.

The problem with this idea (and several others proposed so far), is that these griefers have their own guilds (typically just bank storage guilds) and they claim the towers and keeps to prevent anyone from having buffs on them (and since WvW is designed such that claims do not expire unless the tower/keep/whatever is flipped, there’s no way to remove them). So, now you would have a griefer who has claimed the tower/keep/whatever and can put whatever troll siege they want and no one would be able to place usable siege at all since they have it claimed.

Linking siege placement exclusively to people with pins also won’t work as some of the griefers on our server, anyways, have pins. And to be honest, 100g isn’t all that much in the grand scheme of things. Linking siege placement to WvW rank also, again, won’t work as some of these griefers do have very high ranks in WvW (if I recall correctly, our main griefer, who is a former respected commander, sadly, has somewhere over 1000 ranks).

I know, it’s easy to sit here and point out the flaws in all the suggestions. And no, I don’t have any better ideas. But it seems odd to me that if the same people are constantly being reported by numerous people that nothing is done by ANet. If it was one or two people reporting, you may figure it’s just something personal between them. But when 20+ people report the same user? There’s got to be something amiss.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: tonkatsu.9067

tonkatsu.9067

Needs more trebs

Tyrrionne – Jade Quarry Thief/Mesmer/Engi

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

VERY simple to fix.

You should be able to dismantle siege equipment your side has created which is not currently “in use” or being “built”. Create a timer of 2 minutes since last use to avoid another kind of grief.

Dismantling siege should give you a portion of the supply back (33% sounds right but you just have to play with that). You should only be able to dismantle up to the point that you can carry the supply (that helps with having one person just dismantle everything).

Problem solved.

The worst thing they could do to grief that model is tear down your siege which is just sitting around but that, in part, isn’t that bad. Siege should probably be far less build it and wait to use it.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

We’ve seen this on Gandara too. Usually emptying Gandara Garrison of sups by building random b.s. siege next to the quartermaster. I’ve seen the intentional golem suicides too, but the siege crap is far more common.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

A good solution for this problem would be perma bans for trolls.

The best way to do that is they actually had GMs that would come inside the game to the zone and look for themselves

Yep….in game ANet Mods would go a long way to stopping this kind of stuff. Issue 3 Day bans as a warning…then boot em if they don’t stop?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

(edited by Raf.1078)

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

It’s almost impossible to prove “malicious intent” although it’s obvious that noone needs 5 trebs in a supply camp.

Is it obvious? What if you expect an enemy zerg to come in within a few minutes and take the camp to resupply before heading to your garrison? Now ‘wasting’ supply on useless siege becomes a tactical move rather then malicious intent.

These were not at camps but in the keep or tower supply depots.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Java.2130

Java.2130

And tonight the siege trolls were back at it, building multiple ballistas in a camp when the tower closest to it needed repairing; more ballistas up the path to a tower, and completely siege-capping another tower with still more. Also built trebs on top of the supply in the main keep so that players accidently refresh the troll-siege instead of grabbing supply. It’s poor sportmanship and displays a willfull intent to cause trouble. Like a four-year-old, with a squirt gun. And too much sugar.

Lvl 80 Ranger, Necromancer, Guardian, Mesmer, Elementalist, Warrior, Engineer, Thief.
Don’t get between a girl and her siege weaponry. <3
JQ [PIE], formerly [FLUX] & [TNO]

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

It’s raining trebs

[varX] Limitless Potential

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Zeqasa Saitou.4256

Zeqasa Saitou.4256

SBI trolls do this to Yaks Bend all the time as well. I tried to bring up a topic once to shed light, even revealing those responsible with screen captures.

all Anet did was give me a warning, and stated if i kept posting things like “this” I would be banned from the forums.

anet doesn’t care, because the trolls = purchased accounts = money for them and their greedy paws.

Yak’s Bend
Zeqasa Saitou [Ranger]
Leader of: Requiem Aeternam [RA]

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

This would be funny if it was BG and they lost bc of it.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

bg doesn’t need siege. they can pve a door down faster than what most lower tier servers can place 3 rams.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Nina.6378

Nina.6378

Week 5 of siege trolls:
The same siege trolls showing up on reset to enjoy their so called “fun”. These same trolls have been reported numerous times, we ignore them as best as we can and they continue to siege cap our towers on reset. They burn supplies on ballistas that can’t even be used and trebs placed in corners or awkward positions (such as in supply areas in our keep). This siege can’t even be used due to the awkward angles that kicks you off of the siege (which still hasn’t been fixed). These are sad individuals who enjoy coming back a few times during the week to burn all of our supplies and come on reset every week. These trolls claim that since they bought the game, they have the right to do whatever they want with the game and destroy the play of other individuals. If such events occur on numerous worlds and not just ours can’t something be done about this? Is this game meant to show favoritism towards single individuals over the majority?

Attachments:

(edited by Nina.6378)

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: sierras.6297

sierras.6297

Look on the bright side… You never have to worry about rams, one of those teens is bound to be able to hit the gate. Same with catapults, and many other trebs

Oscuro Sombra~lv. 80 Thief|Oscuro Uno~lv. 80 Necro|
Oscuro Tanque~lv. 80 Guardian|
[RaW] Kaineng

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I can see punishment now being a huge disaster.
“Hey noob, can you help us protect our tower. We need you to build siege here.”
Noob just trying to help out. GM comes. . . .

Then there would be all the judgment calls. Yikes.

I would just prefer they allow you to dismantle siege weapons for a percentage of supply back. Would be interesting if both sides could dismantle.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

bg doesn’t need siege. they can pve a door down faster than what most lower tier servers can place 3 rams.

Haha, this is actually true. There are times where a tower is so sieged up that rams placex would only get like 5 shots off before being destroyed. This forces us to “beast the gate.”

And besides, BG has their own troll problems. We got plenty of tag watchers from JQ and SoR, so what do our trolls do? Run a commander tag while following our guilds trying to run tagless.

It is pretty pathetic but it happens.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I’ll post this here because its ontopic but what happened to the gamemaster thread on the siege troll in JQ? I gather its been removed by mods because of the screenshots but do we know if they will do anything about the guy?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I can see punishment now being a huge disaster.
“Hey noob, can you help us protect our tower. We need you to build siege here.”
Noob just trying to help out. GM comes. . . .

Then there would be all the judgment calls. Yikes.

I would just prefer they allow you to dismantle siege weapons for a percentage of supply back. Would be interesting if both sides could dismantle.

It’s easy to tell griefers from noobs. There should be no issue here unless we’re talking about GMs on power trips (which is a legit problem).

As for dismantling siege — terrible idea. The griefer is going to follow you around and dismantle your siege right after you’re built it. The basically do then now when they stand right next to golems when they’re being built, enter them immediately when you finish, and then jump them off a cliff. Or, they’ll let you think everything’s ok but dismantle your siege right before their native server attacks your tower.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’ll post this here because its ontopic but what happened to the gamemaster thread on the siege troll in JQ? I gather its been removed by mods because of the screenshots but do we know if they will do anything about the guy?

Sweep it under the carpet mentality? I posted also in that topic and it’s gone. No admin message no dev responding.
Siege trolling is real Anet Devs, do something about it please. A ban would be nice, stop them from entering WvW is also acceptable. But doing nothing is not.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Please refresh the trebs, thank you.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Torgrim.3642

Torgrim.3642

My guild spam reported a troll for doing just that, about 40+ reports where sent in a 20 sec timespan to Anet, we did’nt see that troll ever again so either he got perm ban or got a 3 days temp ban and stopped trolling.
This happends 5-6 months back.
So I suggest you guys tries the same, spam report Anet when you see a troll, a odd report here and there wont cut it, you need plenty of reports flying in as fast as possible so Anet have to look into the matter.

(edited by Torgrim.3642)

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Our server reported these guys several times. If they get a temp ban I dont know. I am not always on EB and it might be that they are not there for a few days. But when I do enter EB one of the two always seems to be there.
Wasted more than 2k supply yesterday. Keep was completly empty right when we are attacked by two blobs.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Meo Yeong.6780

Meo Yeong.6780

All this trolling started when that guy ras rogragrogrowth aka slayz alittle transferred from BG to JQ, he even admitted to spying.

Keep up the lies Imalight.6124.

I was jq from 2nd week of game being released when I bought the game. There is witnesses like Shalile that I use to run around with in EB and defend camps. Just the fact that MRU is older then two years old and I am only member shows that Ive been JQ whole time. See all you have is your lies.

And yep one day I said Im spying for bg but was just to screw with you guys. I have never spied. That’s on me for even saying that.

And who was it that started the siege trolling, it was you and Balimore. Up to that point I never seiged trolled anyone and then when people where on to you you got your guild mates from PVP to seieg troll me like Marked One/Taco Girl/Metal gear that is suspected of being a second account of yours along with that friend of that person X Randy Savage X.

So stop lieing about stuff.

You guys made a website of me!
You guys made a guild called Ras slandering my name
You guys made the MRU guild (Mollasses and Ras united) saying I was spying for Mollasses
You guys made up lies stating I threatened to get someones address

You personally told a ts admin that you would not stop because you like making me angry.

You guys didn’t want to stop harassing me when you guys started the whole thing with Balimore going around saying I was a suck commander when I use to call timers and scout for both her and you along with many other commanders.

Instead of supporting myself and other commanders you went around backstabbing them and if you thought there was a problem with the way they lead instead of helping them and working as a team.

And yeah we have siege trollers in jq but everyone knows who it is and the person wasting supplies inst me.

All I have ever done is returned the favor to those that have seiged trolled me by siege trolling them when taking a tower.

So maybe you want to start telling the truth about the whole matter. I am only guilty of getting mad. You are just a bully and a troll.

So gg with your lies.

Attachments:

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Meo Yeong.6780

more……………………………………………………………….

Attachments:

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Meo Yeong.6780

and more………………………………

Attachments:

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Meo Yeong.6780

and even more……………………………

Attachments:

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Meo Yeong.6780

and a couple more………………….

Attachments:

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Meo Yeong.6780

and the website………………………

Attachments:

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Meo Yeong.6780

Now the lies about stuff. for example saying I got my ts pin taken away. Actually wrong again I resigned it in which I can even show the screenshots of the convo with shalile where I did and he said I could get my pin back in ts. At that point I just didn’t care anymore because you have trolled me with your little friends for 8 weeks straight.

I have screens of that.

Also have screens of other things.

And youw ant to talk about spying Imalight.6124. You are the one that has the brother that sits next to him and you where killing us off and doing it to get rid of uplevels while you where telling your brother where we are to kill us off. A brother of one of the ts admins was in the channel so go ahead try and lie that never happened.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Meo Yeong.6780

Now just in general. I am not the only person that was trolled so much that they got kittened off in there. You have two other guys in there plus a couple unknowns you havnt seen doing it. Its because they where also commanders at one point and got screwed over by other people trolling them.

Everyone seems to think TS is the rule for our server. I will agree as a tool it helps but I can show commanders that hardly even use ts and do a great job. There is a certain group of individuals however that demand you play a certain way and if you don’t arnt in their click and so get trolled and screwed over.

People need to realize that everyone has their own styles. Some commanders are better then others and those commanders that are new wont get better unless we help them by giving advice and such instead of trolling and mouthing them off that they are bad.

People are going to try and put a lot of blame on me. But those that know me when I am not complaining about being harassed know that I do try and help, Ive sat in towers hours on end scouting in eb, called timers, ran yaks and such even for those commanders before they all harassed me. maybe they didn’t realize it since couldn’t see who was speaking on ts but anyways.

As I pointed out Ive been JQ from day one. Even chioppa knws that the leader of the guild PVP that has all these trolls in it so Imalight.6124 to say I am a spy for bg you are wrong since one of your own guild leaders knew me from way back.

As I said GG on the lies!!!!!!!!!

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Please stop spamming this thread.

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Meo Yeong.6780

All this trolling started when that guy ras rogragrogrowth aka slayz alittle transferred from BG to JQ, he even admitted to spying.

I was commanding in EB on JQ, that guy siege trolled me by laying numerous amount of treb blueprints on top of my rams, making our people unable to build the rams. He also spammed /t and /m when people were convincing him to stop. Why isn’t he banned yet?

Balimore you have seiged trolled me as well. So stop trying to pretend you are all innocent and don’t troll people. screens above that show you do troll people. Nice try though. That why you and immalight both lost your ts pins because there was proof of you not only harassing me but others as well.

GG

WvW Trolls

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

As this thread does not support constructive discourse, it is now closed.