WvW VIDEO - Kaineng - "Against all odds!"

in WvW

Posted by: Kaine.3501

Kaine.3501

Another player made a comment on my post titled “3 Hours – Ferguson’s assault on Kaineng’s AB”…in which they insinuated that Ferguson is in the same boat as Kaineng….therefore Kaineng shouldn’t have any reason to be proud of defending their attack. I’ve also heard other players make posts and comments about Kaineng….. I just want to clear up the rumors.

So I decided to make a video…for everyone that wonders what it is really like for Kaineng to fight both servers (Ferguson being the larger of the 2)….or what it’s like to play on Kaineng in WvW every day.

Youtube: “Against all odds” (In the video it says Ferguson but its DR. Keep in mind DR is half the size of Ferguson.)
http://youtu.be/tTJjjDXMBSQ

Attachments:

Server: Kaineng
Name: “Kaide” (Kaine is just the account name)

(edited by Kaine.3501)

in WvW

Posted by: Mighteous.9281

Mighteous.9281

You’re the kid who transferred in, right? The one who I accused of using the chat channel as his personal blog? That’s you, isn’t it?

Well lemme tell you something here, buddy! Good job! That’s the best video I’ve seen on WvW so far. Not into the song so much, but it fit the video nicely! It was perfect illustration of what life is like on Kaineng at certain times of the day. I don’t get the disabled ratings & comments, though.

It’s my nature to study things. Based on your YouTube channel, I have concluded that 1- You’re not an American. 2- You like Ron Paul. Based on these two things alone, I would ordinarily cast you off as insignificant, but by your video I can tell that I like how you play (when you’re not blogging in the channel.)

Welcome to Kaineng. We need more people like you who run towards zergs and not from them!

I look forward to killing you soon.

in WvW

Mighteous.9281

Ah, one thing I forgot to say though. I saw that thread you’re talking about. The guy talked about having the “outnumbered” buff. You don’t have that on your buff bar there.

I wouldn’t have known that Devona’s was lacking players, too. Kaineng is the only medium pop US server. Maybe they got all the instance farmers and we got all the PvPers.

in WvW

Posted by: Balidore.2790

Balidore.2790

Look, everyone’s happy that Kaineg has allot more players now… but seriously? Stop all the lying about Ferg, you’re about to be called out. Happy about your number increase, but you’re going too far.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Kaine.3501

Look, everyone’s happy that Kaineg has allot more players now… but seriously? Stop all the lying about Ferg, you’re about to be called out. Happy about your number increase, but you’re going too far.

Kaineng has more players now? I don’t think you watched the video….

Lying about Ferg? What are we saying about Ferg other than it being double or even triple Kaineng’s size?

in WvW

Posted by: Balidore.2790

Balidore.2790

I was just on…. kaineg took the orb in a 35-40 vs 4 ferg, rofl.

Also… I was at the original siege u talked about. Just a flat lie on all angles. It was 10-12 vs 10-12, and we only tried twice. Reason being, we dont have EU players, we just have a couple night owl AM. Anyone who’s ever fought us will confirm that, literally anyone. Also, we were well aware we could have taken out the 10ish ballista u had in the lord room by dropping a treb, uve never had any chance of fighting us on equal ground, so defending wouldnt have been an issue. We just went to bed instead, I was talking to the commander the entire time, could have beat u there on equal ground, same as we always have, and still do. You made all that crap up, just to get more members, which was fine, till you took it too far.
We took ur orb a few hrs ago. I know this, cuz I lead the (i kid u not), 3-6 people on average against u, and maintained the 3 bottom camps on ur server, took all lower towers, then a keep, and ur orb, with 3-6 people the entire time. Your server had 5-10, they just ran all night.

I’ll tell u why many that came, left so quick, cuz they realized u were lying. You never had any ‘glorious last stand against 20 to 1.’

Since you started making these posts, your server has constantly had the number advantage, and we’re ‘still’ winning. By allot.

And numbers? You literally had 35-40 people on, on all borderlands at the same time after you made that first post, and we beat ya then too, with 15-20 on ferg n EB, 8-10 on kain n devona.

Balidor [Envy]
Mesmer/Thief
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

LOL, all that video showed me was a under skilled player running from everyone who engaged him. he maybe fired 8-10 shots when he was up on top of the keep. Best part was when he was scorpion wired off the keep and died instantly because he made no attempt to run/heal/or fight.
Problem here is when people are out number they clam all up and are so scared to fight which makes it even worse. Gotta get outta that comfort zone of being in the middle of a zerg and things will change for you the more confident you are with your class.
Lets also point out the player in the Video was lvl 18, that’s not really helping the situation he barely has utility skills and he only has 1 5point trait and no elite. hes basically a punching bag for everyone on the enemy team…..

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

in WvW

Posted by: Exodus.4371

Exodus.4371

Oh wow
From Blackgate to Dragonbrand to Kaineng.

Where to next?

in WvW

Posted by: Fubuki.7162

Fubuki.7162

I may play at different times than Kaide, but here’s what I see.

Kaineng has a prime time of about 8:30 to maybe 2:00am EST. It starts to slope off after midnight. We also have an oceanic guild that is pretty large that plays in the mornings US time. Outside of these windows, it can be quite dead in WvW on Kaineng.

Every once in a while, the stars align and a lot of guilds do WvW on the same nights. Kaineng has, twice now to my knowledge, maintained queues in 2 zones at the same time in prime time for about an hour. It usually takes between 30 seconds to 5 minutes to get in. On “normal” nights, we can sometimes hit a queue in one zone in prime time for a short while. Usually though, there are no queues at all.

Last night I logged into EB at around 7:00 to find maybe 10 defenders, and a group of what appeared to be about 40 FC taking over our side of the map. This is not uncommon. While this was going on, FC also had players in KB and DRB pushing both maps.

On Sunday morning about 9:00 when I logged in, the exact opposite was taking place, and our oceanic guilds were taking over FC’s part of the map and they were short on defenders.

Not all guilds do WvW same time. Sometimes you’re the bug, sometimes you’re the windshield.

And thing are changing soon.

We currently have a rather large guild on our server called RMA. When they’re on in force, they can nearly fill a zone. They got here a little over a week ago, and it’s a temporary visit. They’re leaving us this weekend. The recent surge in our WvW abilities, specifically, the ability to fight in 2 zones at one time, was due largely to RMA’s presence.

Even with RMA Kaineng is still a medium population server in prime time. Both Devona’s Rest and Ferguson’s Crossing are listed as high population. This of course accounts for the entire server, not just WvW, so it’s possibly not an accurate representation of WvW balance.

From my perspective, FC appears to have a LOT more players than DR. Even though Kaineng is smaller than DR, I believe we have more coordinated efforts in any given zone most nights than DR thanks to RMA’s contributions. Once RMA leaves you both will dwarf us again.

Don’t expect this to dampen our fighting spirit though. You guys may always outnumber us, but we have a Delarme.

The above video is a pretty fair representation of Kaineng in two areas: During peak hours if you don’t happen to be in the same zone as the main force, this is what WvW looks like. Outside of peak hours, anywhere on the map, this is what WvW looks like.

However, if you happen to be in a populated area during prime time, WvW looks a lot more balanced. See the link in my signature for prime time screens and videos from Kaineng lately.

-Fub

in WvW

Kaine.3501

LOL, all that video showed me was a under skilled player running from everyone who engaged him. he maybe fired 8-10 shots when he was up on top of the keep. Best part was when he was scorpion wired off the keep and died instantly because he made no attempt to run/heal/or fight.
Problem here is when people are out number they clam all up and are so scared to fight which makes it even worse. Gotta get outta that comfort zone of being in the middle of a zerg and things will change for you the more confident you are with your class.
Lets also point out the player in the Video was lvl 18, that’s not really helping the situation he barely has utility skills and he only has 1 5point trait and no elite. hes basically a punching bag for everyone on the enemy team…..

The video wasn’t about showing PvP skill….as you can see my character in the video was a very low level. The whole point of the video was to show you what Kaineng is up against on a daily basis. No one else even mentioned me or my skill in PvP….because they realized I was making the video just to show what we are up against. If you were looking for skill from me I’m sorry to disappoint on my low level character…but I made the video for my server. As one of the posters above you stated that he was happy I made the video…because he clearly got the point of the video.

Also I was curious….when I got pulled down….are you saying that if you were playing my character you could of gotten away?

in WvW

Posted by: Kiado.9362

Kiado.9362

Keep doing what your doing man. Having heart for your home server is more than most have.

Lujan Storm – Maguuma
The Pangolins Den [PANG]

in WvW

Posted by: Willowisp.6490

Willowisp.6490

I was there!!!! To be completely honest, I think Ferg was outnumbered worse than Kaineng there. I was in a two-man party and we snuck up behind those catapults and took them out (probably after the seige). All in all, It was just a few of us fighting back. Most of those few hours It was only very small numbers of Fergs coming out with us. Admittedly we were expressly harassing zergs so many other Fergs thought we were crazy, so they may have been elsewhere. I did have outmanned buff most of last night in DR borderlands.

The Spirit of Life – Guardian – Legends of Moonglow [Moon}

The Spirit Of Life – 80 Asura Guardian Main
Wispy Woods – 80 Sylvari Mesmer
Envyous [Envy] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

@Kaine, yes i would have got away, you were 15 meters from the door of the keep and im and OP thief so yes I would have definitely survived.

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

in WvW

Posted by: Webley.1295

Webley.1295

I think after they have been doing some PR to bring more players to the server, they will go up a tier. Simple as that

in WvW

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

ok i’m getting sick of this posts now. Being a ferg player we do not have these tons and tons of pvp players that you talk about. I was the one that posted in another one of your chest thumping outmanned posts the other day and showed a pic of the outmaned buff on my computer. You guys for the last 3 days during the times I have been on have way more pvp players in every map than we do so please quit this ferg has a 2 to 1 advantage on us. In fact you guys everytime I have seen your zergs and my side has maybe 10 to your 20 to 30 you break apart anytime we start getting close to the numbers you have and then i see a post everyday now about how you just get attacked by double the players….. IF we have a bigger server then they are all playing PVE and not PVP just because it says we have a bigger server does not mean they are playing PVP so stop with the oh your server is bigger you have the numbers because they are not in PVP

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jhor.4350

Jhor.4350

You’re right, Scooby. It’s all just bullkitten propaganda. Here we are outnumbering you 2-1 about an hour ago. Your side “has maybe 10.”

Attachments:

Jhor-something
Kaineng (NoQQ)

in WvW

scooby treat.8420

ahh i see i’m just making it up well here is 2 more outmanned buffs right now ya i’m sure you can always find a zerg somewhere and make it look like thats all there is. You are always going to find a zerg on the battlefield that does not mean we have double the PvP players that you state we have.

Also here is the map. If we have double the players as you state then we should just be owning the map

Attachments:

(edited by scooby treat.8420)

in WvW

Posted by: smiljem.4632

smiljem.4632

You’re right, Scooby. It’s all just bullkitten propaganda. Here we are outnumbering you 2-1 about an hour ago. Your side “has maybe 10.”

Thank goodness there is a time listed and this could not have been made up. Ferg is not some huge pvp monster. We have very low late night and morning population. We just lost our own orb because we had a handful of people. Quit exaggerating your numbers. We don’t even have enough to invade during prime time outside of Saturday night.

in WvW

Jhor.4350

Well…it was about 9 pm CST tonight. Whatever. We are a monster, zerging down all in our path.

Seriously, I’ve been on Kain 3 weeks, playing every night for about 3 hours in CST primetime, and have experienced exactly 2 queues. Both were on Fridays for our own borderlands.

There are definitely fewer Fergs than Borlis Pass. It seems like fewer of you this go-round than two weeks back. You still have Kain and Dev outnumbered, but not by that much, I don’t think.

Regardless, all three realms can field a 40 man zergball in primetime in at least one zone, Devona’s included. I see them every night.

Good luck to you.

Jhor-something
Kaineng (NoQQ)

in WvW

scooby treat.8420

Oh I see you change your tune and now it was we had a larger pvp 2 weeks ago….. When what that pic taken 2 weeks ago??

in WvW

Jhor.4350

Yeah, you caught me. Sharp cat. Been saving it up for two weeks, deviously waiting for Ferg to come back to bottom bracket with even less pop, just so I can hammer you with false pics.

My ‘tune’ was you can field more than 10, as can we, as can Dev.

Crashing, have fun breaking down my crazy anti-Ferg schemes while I sleep.

Jhor-something
Kaineng (NoQQ)

in WvW

Posted by: smiljem.4632

smiljem.4632

Our prime times are different which makes it awkward. We don’t have nearly as many late at night. We lost our orb and were out manned at SM just a bit ago. Not even people to defend our borderland. We only seem to have people in EBG now. I haven’t had a queue since Saturday night for EBG.

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

here’s my guild fighting kaineng and daevona’s rest substantially outnumbered for reals in the previous match.

what does it prove? that borlis pass is outnumbered by kaineneg?

naw not at all.

probably does show that kaineng isn’t quite the outnumbered meat grinder some people like ot think they are though XD

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

also in case you guys didn’t know, kaineng has a 700 man oceanic zerg guild that likes to brag about capping most of the map at times when there is no resistance so that they need no seige.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

in WvW

Posted by: Stonehenge.7830

Stonehenge.7830

lol that is helpful.

Johanne Timber – [Heap] – Borlis Pass
Stonehenge Grr – [Heap]

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

yeah it really is but as long as people have fun it doesn’t matter

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Girly Man.6893

Mr Girly Man.6893

here’s my guild fighting kaineng and daevona’s rest substantially outnumbered for reals in the previous match.

what does it prove? that borlis pass is outnumbered by kaineneg?

naw not at all.

probably does show that kaineng isn’t quite the outnumbered meat grinder some people like ot think they are though XD

Nice video. It shows that kaineng has the outmanned buff on them. Plus, KWBH isn’t in Kaineng anymore so that video is pretty old. Do people even think about the stuff they post?

in WvW

Mighteous.9281

Nice video. It shows that kaineng has the outmanned buff on them. Plus, KWBH isn’t in Kaineng anymore so that video is pretty old. Do people even think about the stuff they post?

Another thing it shows is the fight from the back type of mindset that keeps Devona’s from winning any fights. Imagine a whole army of guys like this. Playing female toons. Running away from everything more than anything.

Put em up against an army full of people like those on Kaineng. People who charge forward trying to kill people instead of just pick them off. Is it any wonder why Kaineng always wins?

That was an incredibly boring video.

in WvW

Posted by: Lionaeron.5724

Lionaeron.5724

5 Ferguson defenders in the whole of EB against zerg drones of at least 100 players from SoS etc. Almost makes me miss the DnD bot guild zerg. Hopefully you guys go up in tier and face off against the other servers we fought before, going to cry harder with the pounding you receive off them

Also this guy crying is lying about the ratio BEFORE all the guilds started helping Kaineng out, we probably had a 2:1 two weeks ago now it’s 1:5 during our off peak times 2:5 max at peak, but I’m not whining I’ve had fun and i had hoped we lose this round so we don’t get slaughtered against the next match-ups so cheers Kaineng big ears.

Attachments:

Zerg>Skill.

(edited by Lionaeron.5724)

in WvW

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

Mr Girly Man, they don’t mention KWBH on kaineng, they refer to us as “the guild that should not be named”

I’m sure one of them will come on and post something witty or try to flame somewhere down the line after this post ;p

but yeah, kaineng was really outnumbered once upon a time when it was pretty much just us and Lazy doing wpvp. I had posted several times to try to get more people interested in kaineng when it was really 10:1 odds against us and holding a fort or a keep was a feat. Fub got a lot of PR for the server as well (probably a lot more with the war report).

honestly one has to wonder why kaineng isn’t in first place now that ispy jawa and war moved down to a lower, less challenging tier and SoS goes zerg vs empty fort.

I mean, so many guilds have left ferguson’s and devonas the numbers are about equal now in wpvp on any given day.

So now that you’re not outnumbered and you have a night advantage… what’s the excuse going to be?

iSPY, Jawa and WAR…. came to Kaineng 3 weeks ago. When Kaineng wasnt able to hold much at all. We worked hard to grow our guilds and our alliance from within Kaineng’s own population.

We didnt move to a low less challenging tier. We were nonexistant in WvW on dragonbrand. 1-2hour ques for a borderland. 3-4hours for eternal battlegrounds. We plainly didnt get a chance to WvW at all.

Kaineng when we got here, was a challenge few others would have taken upon themselves.

We have dedicated ourselves to recruiting in the lowby zones and the WvW zones. Our intent has been to funnal as mnay PVE’ers into WvW and provide them with as much fun as possible, to experience WvW with a fun bunch of people who have years of experiene in this type of pvp setting.

And it worked.

We are so close in this matchup and it is not due to some new big xfer guilds in this matchup., heck. even RMA has already elft as i dont see hardly any of them in WvW anymore.

the ones doing the heavy lifting in WvW on Kaineng are: SoS, WAR, iSPY, Jawa, Nuke, Ai, KAIN. this si from my own eyes. im sure a few more i missed. half of those are guilds that have been here since day 1 of Kaineng. The other half are my alliance whose memberbase now consists mostly of lowby’s and WvW’ers we recruited here on Kaineng. We’ve had 2 guild mergers since getting here as well with guilds who have been on Kaineng from day 1.

We are working on a very specific plan on how to build this server into a WvW force. We hav specific goals, and are meeting them. We are close to our goals being met for October already.

We have experience doing this from when I ran my server’s multiguild alliance back in Warhammer Online, and when we dominated entire servers in LOTRO’s pvp (as crappy as that pvp was lol).

We are sorry we didnt include you Smilie, or KWBH. you just werent a good fit. SoS however we have been making great strides in getting to know them, and they may hopefulyl be the 4th guild in our alliance. and a guild whose timezone would fit greatly for us to watch each other’s holdings throuhgout the day.

Kaineng will move up a tier soon. not this week. not next week. most likely the week after. but i could be wrong.

When that happens we will get pounded in the enxt higher tier. I hope we do. that way all the fair weather people who came to kaineng cause they thought it would be easier will leave and go to the next big thing.

Maybe they will go to DR and hang out with you Smilie LOL

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com