WvW=ZvZ

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Seems to me that all these changes are being geared towards eliminating roamers and rushing players into WvW to feed the Zergs. Small groups will defend the supply lines and large Zergs will roll around the maps crushing all. The strategic play will be focused on ppt by the Zergs and the enjoyment which Borderlnd defenders now get from caring for the homeland will be greatly reduced. I would have rather preferred a system where upgrades are controlled by the guild which claims the fort, that would have provided much more gameplay centered around defense and increase Guild Pride. But thats the opinion of a dedicated defender and roamer. Anet always leans towards large groups over solo, even the improvements to my necro main are geared to Zerg support and not PvP roaming. Thanks for further taking the fun from the game Anet.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

Defend supply camp > useless, upgrade will continu.

Attack supply camp > useless, upgrade will continu.

Wich upgrade should I start first ? Should I keep supply before upgrading ? Should I use the supply in the keep to siege before upgrading ? Should I build canon before wall ? > Useless, the upgrade is automatic.

This will just kill scouting and roaming, and all people will just join the zerg..

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Wich upgrade should I start first ? Should I keep supply before upgrading ? Should I use the supply in the keep to siege before upgrading ? Should I build canon before wall ? > Useless, the upgrade is automatic.

This will just kill scouting and roaming, and all people will just join the zerg..

lol wut? how will this kill roaming? do you even roam? these changes will make no difference.

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

lol wut? how will this kill roaming? do you even roam? these changes will make no difference.

Concern is this: it could reduce the number of people actual roamers run into which means less fights, which could mean fewer roamers after a while, which makes the situation worse. Also if you know something hasn’t flipped in a while it would now mean it’s guaranteed to be upgraded, therefore most likely will need more than just 1 person to flip a camp, or more than just a couple to get in the tower in any decent amount of time.

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Sich.7103

If people don’t defend supply camp, because they are useless, you will have less people to fight in roaming…. And because it’s useless to try to cut ennemy supply line, you will have less people roaming…
Roaming is very important if you play server, when you want to protect your supply line, or cut ennemies lines.

If you remove this part of the game you will only find player who want to fight, just for the fight. But this will reduce a lot the people doing this. This mean less fight…

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

Because not everyone roams just for the fights. With these changes, Anet will effectively kill the ability for small roaming and havoc groups to prevent keeps and towers from upgrading. All the cumulative damage that these groups do to soften a target will be undone by guaranteed, if slow, upgrades. There will be no purpose for these groups to operate as they do currently. Without a larger force on standby to come flip a defended objective in the near term, these people will just be wasting their time by flipping camps and killing yaks, as they are not actually stopping the fortification of structures.

There’s satisfaction that comes from taking 5-8 people and grinding down a defended keep over the course of a couple hours, until they have no choice but to abandon it and let your people flip it because they can no longer upgrade it, repair it, or siege it. All because of your crew’s diligence at flipping camps, sniping yaks, denying supply runners, and repeatedly breaking things.

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

the remaining roamers will just morph into zerg surfers/zergling wolfs. Trail the zerg, know their position, bait and pick off straggling reinforcements.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

If people don’t defend supply camp, because they are useless, you will have less people to fight in roaming…. And because it’s useless to try to cut ennemy supply line, you will have less people roaming…
Roaming is very important if you play server, when you want to protect your supply line, or cut ennemies lines.

If you remove this part of the game you will only find player who want to fight, just for the fight. But this will reduce a lot the people doing this. This mean less fight…

Did they say they are removing PPT from camps?? Calling them useless is completely wrong. So if you don’t want to defend or attack any camps then you are just giving the other servers points.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Sich.7103

it’s not the same to hold your supply camp at all cost for the upgrade runing on the keep, and just be sure to have it for the timer….

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Posted by: Derren.8724

Derren.8724

Taking a supply camp will still increase the amount of time it takes for towers/keeps to upgrade.

Holding supply camps will still decrease the amount of time it takes for your towers/keeps to upgrade.

It sounded like they will keep supply caches in towers in keeps, just at reduced levels. If I read that right, then yaks will still bring needed supply to help siege/repair/defend towers. It will also become easier for solo players/small groups to defend towers, as the supply inside won’t be going away to upgrades.

The changes to sentries could either be a boon to roaming or do nothing at all. In theory, making them more important means you can keep an eye on the sentries you have, and try to jump people who go to flip them. It’s possible to see small scale fights jumping up around sentry spawns with this change.

I will admit, there’s a strange kind of enjoyment from running around upgrading and building siege in your structures. It’s fun to see your towers grow thanks to your efforts, even if it’s frustrating to see that work undone by zergs/larger roaming groups who flip your camps or steal your yaks. I’m not sure if I’ll prefer the current system or the new one, but I don’t think the changes are going to ‘kill’ roaming.

“The Court of Winter” [WIN] – Sea of Sorrows

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

the remaining roamers will just morph into zerg surfers/zergling wolfs. Trail the zerg, know their position, bait and pick off straggling reinforcements.

If you are between the zerg and their waypoints then, perhaps, but it’s still not the same, and that is a different playstyle when near the zerg and large fights are very different from the small scale fights roamers typically enjoy… Sure it can be fun occasionally, but if I want to follow a zerg I could goto eotm and do the same thing. The reinforcements that die and run back typically are about as easy to kill between the 2… not really a lot of fun after doing it a lot :/ Roamers tend to fight better than those running to their zerg… I’ve done that to help take things before, but it’s like shooting fish in a barrel… The actual fun is smaller more even fights where it takes skill and maybe luck to win.

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

If you are between the zerg and their waypoints then, perhaps, but it’s still not the same, and that is a different playstyle when near the zerg and large fights are very different from the small scale fights roamers typically enjoy… Sure it can be fun occasionally, but if I want to follow a zerg I could goto eotm and do the same thing. The reinforcements that die and run back typically are about as easy to kill between the 2… not really a lot of fun after doing it a lot :/ Roamers tend to fight better than those running to their zerg… I’ve done that to help take things before, but it’s like shooting fish in a barrel… The actual fun is smaller more even fights where it takes skill and maybe luck to win.

I totally agree, I was just saying that’s what roaming is going to become. Pretty sad actually. I miss the solo roaming days.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

idk, anet might as well just get rid of servers after all. No matter what you do, the entire wvw of a server can move and come to your server, basically demand you change how everyone plays, and effectively make it so if you don’t enjoy zerging you can’t have fun, and have to consider moving elsewhere. Yet that seems pointless too because we get to look forward to these changes now, that promote ktraining even more…

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

I know right? Supply camps are USELESS! I mean, they made siege free and Dolyaks have no impact on upgrade progress.

Oh wait… it’s the opposite of that…

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

WvW=ZvZ

in WvW

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I know right? Supply camps are USELESS! I mean, they made siege free and Dolyaks have no impact on upgrade progress.

Oh wait… it’s the opposite of that…

Little incentive to worry as much about the yaks and camps if you know the tower or keep will finish it’s upgrade anyways, and less incentive to kill the yak in an attempt to slow the tower/keep upgrades when you don’t have a force on it’s way to take it.

Before you could really harass the people upgrading by completely preventing supply from getting in, and causing the upgrades to stall out, after it would only become a nuisance.