WvW actually worse now ...

in WvW

Posted by: Stilk.6312

Stilk.6312

@Hule ever tryied to actually check something before talking ?

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

maybe not in Frankfurt but i am sure they are in Europe on Telia network.
You know the thing is while those IP with basic tracing may seems like in NA, you need to apply logic on results.
Results of tracing IP of my server, Ring of Fire, is about 70ms from Czech Republic.
There is not way how 70ms can be in NA.

And because I am familiar with basic networking i know Telia is making virtual networks for customers, thats why you can see after Telia network there is directly ncsoft.com network.
And to be fair I dont see how ncsoft is managing transatlantic connection, because Telia network ends somewhere in Switzerland.

in WvW

Posted by: Stilk.6312

Stilk.6312

Sure, that’s why most of the packages are lost in Dallas. You talk a lot with assumptions.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Seems like you really understand IT infrastructure.
And you are probably convinced that those IP addresses you traced are not on some firewall but are directly on LAN cable plugged in 1 server.
Are you familiar with VLAN?

Because you can trace single website, you can trace smaller server, but tracing servers like game servers hosted in some really and I mean really big underground hosting facility is completelly different.
Specially when the company need to use VLANs and VPNs to have everything, even when its in reality on other continent, like in one single office.
And trust me, I am managing for my company something similiar just between my country and Turkey. And while those guys in Turkey are located in Turkey and using thier own internet to the world they appears as they are in other country.
You know, something like proxy but in larger scale and not only for browser.(VPN).
But because they are not a part of my country we are using VLAN for better network identification.
And this is probably the same what NCSoft is doing. Just in bigger scale than us and for difefrent purpose.

And thanks to this, the only thing how you can see how far the servers are is by ping. That wont reveal you location of those servers, but you because you probably understand IT, you already know that having ping less than 200ms from NA to EU is really rare. And look on EU servers you have ping like 70ms. Even from EDGE conenction on mobile phone. That is wierd. Either those servers are not on other continent or NCsoft is breaking physical laws.

(edited by Hule.8794)

in WvW

Posted by: CptTrips.6512

CptTrips.6512

Hallo allerseits,

Um kurz ein wenig Klarheit zu schaffen: Das was ihr da in Texas anpingt ist der Login-Server. Weder die US-Spielserver noch die EU-Spielserver stehen in Texas. Die Europäischen Spiel-Server stehen nach wie vor in Frankfurt am Main. Aufgrund der weltweit zusammenhängenden Datenbank die zwischen NA, EU sowie allen Foren- und Websiten-Accounts zur Verfügung stehen muss, ist dieser dritte “Vermittlungs-Server” notwendig, auf dem allerdings nichts Spielrelevantes abläuft.

Und auch wenn ich die Verbindungsprobleme nicht selbständig lösen kann und hier schreiben kann: “Es geht alles wieder”, tue ich dennoch alles in meiner Macht stehende um dieses Lag-Problem so schnell wie möglich aus der Welt zu Schaffen.

Bis dahin kann ich euch aber leider nicht mehr sagen als: Wir arbeiten daran, wir wissen, dass dieses Problem existiert, und wir hoffen es bald gelöst zu haben. Auch wenn es nicht das ist, was ihr gerne hören würdet, ist es alles, was ich euch zum gegenwärtigen Zeitpunkt sagen kann.

EU-Gameservers are located in Frankfurt

https://forum-de.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/EU-Server-stehen-jetzt-in-USA/first#post229503

in WvW

Posted by: TroniXx.8513

TroniXx.8513

10 sec Lags still exist.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

10 sec Lags still exist.

Still exist in NA as well. What’s your point?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: schnitzel.9018

schnitzel.9018

Well and everyone see, this is anet.

Care about Match Population and Pve Crypugs. Dont fix lags. They dont exist.

-

Lags in wvw are like “V0ld3m0rd”. Cause Anet dont talk about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Saleen Jso.2645

Saleen Jso.2645

I am also experiencing a lot of lag now, like already described many times in this thread. I mostly roam in WvW and even 1v1 fights there is too much lag. It is becoming a serious turn off.

Saleen – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

I thought i had reduced the crash component of the 10+ second lags present for me ever since the feature patch arrived by reverting from clientport 80 back to original.

I am now down to 1-2 10 second freezes OCX prime time and 1-2 crash to character panel a sessions, OCX prime. Much better than the first week after patch.

Game lags, wait wait wait, everything happens at once or I get the server error message.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now