WvW and ComTag Colors

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: TheMaskedGamer.5708

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Hey WvW warriors, the Sept. Pack showed up and its time to settle an idea to possibly improve our way of organizing our soldiers for certain objectives using the different Commander Tag Colors.

I feel that if we put a definition or significance for each color, we can properly organize what each commander can do to help in achieving victory for our servers.

These are my suggestions for what each color should mean:

1. Red Commanders- They lead offensive zergs. They can lead large groups of players for two objectives: Taking over Towers and Keeps, and taking down other offensive zergs. If you like to take things down and fight some good fights, this might be the job for you.

2. Blue Commanders- They lead defensive zergs. They lead large groups of players to mainly defend keeps and towers. These commanders have to take advantage of using most of the siege weapons for defensive measures and use traps to hamper any Red Zerg’s attempt to take over. These players must have iron will, and a large amount of strategic thinking and patience to be able to do this kind of job right.

3. Yellow Commanders- These to me seem to be the perfect tag for Scouting Parties. They are meant to spot enemy zergs and inform other zergs of they whereabouts and numbers. I do suggest that these groups remain as small as possible to avoid detection. This is a role that requires the Yellow Com to be in constant communications, especially through Teamspeak. Since the Yellow Tag stands out the most in maps its easierfor the other Coms to find them and get an immediate report. Of course if these small parties can handle taking out smaller groups, smaller objectives or straglers, go right ahead.

4. Purple Commanders- They are our resource managers. They attack Supply Camps and defend Dolyaks if necessary. They are there to make sure that our Keeps and Towers get the necessary supplies to further improve their defensive capabilities. They can focus on the Supply Camps near enemy territory to keep the enemy team guessing and hurt their Supply Runs.

Again these are just suggestions, but I feel that this can improve our way we organize our groups in order to be effective. Hope all you guys can consider these thoughts.

And please, feel free to post your thoughts and keep this post relevant and running until we reach a full consensus on what we want these colors to mean. Keep this post active.

(edited by TheMaskedGamer.5708)

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i wish there is a pink tag..really.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

TheMaskedGamer.5708

i wish there is a pink tag..really.

I don’t see the point of a Pink Tag. What purpose would you give it? If its just to show it off, you are doing it wrong.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

azizul.8469

pink tag is for people RPing with the crafting NPC at citadel….. you know, erotic roleplay

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

TheMaskedGamer.5708

pink tag is for people RPing with the crafting NPC at citadel….. you know, erotic roleplay

And you are discussing this in a WvW part of the forum………….?

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

azizul.8469

not allowed ? ouch

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Moo.3408

Moo.3408

What about green?

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

TheMaskedGamer.5708

not allowed ? ouch

I don’t mean to offend you really, but as far your suggestions go, it really isn’t relevant with what I wish to discuss. Its not about potential or other demanded colors for the future. Its supposed to be relevant with what colors we got with the new update and how we can take advantage out of it. What role we can give them to better improve ho we organize and play WvW.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

TheMaskedGamer.5708

What about green?

Did you miss the point of the discussion? Its not what colors we want to see in the future. Its about how we can use our current colors to organize our players effectively. Please read before posting.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Moo.3408

I say we use green to counter other peoples siege weapons/resources and commander must have large amounts of catas and bali

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Moo.3408

Never mind, thought I saw green

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Moo.3408

That can be purple

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

TheMaskedGamer.5708

That can be purple

To be fair the Blue Coms have to be in charge of the defense of their Towers or keeps. Its their priority to use their Siege weapons and Traps to prevent these types of attacks from happening. And if they are in real trouble, they can call in a Red zerg to fight back

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Glaciate.3901

Glaciate.3901

I would like to see red tag for frontline and blue tag for backline positioning and the rest of the colors for scouting and havoc groups.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

TheMaskedGamer.5708

I would like to see red tag for frontline and blue tag for backline positioning and the rest of the colors for scouting and havoc groups.

Its kinda the idea I got, but Tower or Keep defense has been something that while I am aware that it can be a bit of a bore for players with small attention spans or hates being stationary, is something that in all honesty need some attention. I want very patient players to fill the defensive roll of a Blue Commander. What do you think of my idea though?

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: xivor.8754

xivor.8754

Greetings Everyone,

Here is the official Sanctum of Rall commander tag color guide.

- Red – Roaming – This is an Assault / Aggressive group format that invades all maps as needed to seek and destroy opposition.

- Blue – Dedicated Map Defense – For single map offenses and defenses. This is a unit that locks down a map and keeps it locked down.

- Purple – Havoc Group – This is a small unit designed to disrupt the flow of resource and provide surgical strikes against the opposition. Typically under 10 people.

- Gold – Guild Squad – For use when guilds are roaming the field together.

Commander Combat Medic Barbie
Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE] – http://christianfire.enjin.com
Proud Community Member of Northern Shiverpeaks – http://northernshiverpeaks.org

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Greetings Everyone,

- Red – Roaming – This is an Assault / Aggressive group format that invades all maps as needed to seek and destroy opposition.

- Blue – Dedicated Map Defense – For single map offenses and defenses. This is a unit that locks down a map and keeps it locked down.

- Purple – Havoc Group – This is a small unit designed to disrupt the flow of resource and provide surgical strikes against the opposition. Typically under 10 people.

Thats actually pretty good. I like it. Kinda sucks for Scout Coms thought. I actually liked them. XD

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Quality pugmanders do both offense and defense.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

xivor.8754

Thing is, having a tag for scouts is assuming that scouts purchased one. Half the people that I have scout do not have a tag. Therefore, a scout tag would be pointless on SoR.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Thing is, having a tag for scouts is assuming that scouts purchased one. Half the people that I have scout do not have a tag. Therefore, a scout tag would be pointless on SoR.

Point taken. Is the SoC the “standard” everyone is doing for the Tags? I don’t mind it, but we need it to better organize everyone else to prevent a chaotic mess.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

xivor.8754

SoC? I do not follow.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

TheMaskedGamer.5708

SoC? I do not follow.

SoR* . Apologies.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowStep.3640

ShadowStep.3640

I think its fine if a server wants to set a loose “standard” for their colored tags, but pigeon holing people into the same system in a large universal way would be really bad. On TC we may or may not dictate color coding, but instead just say “Commander X with the purple tag is doing Havoc.” This way people can tag up with whatever color they want.

Another thing you have to consider is how the colors mesh with the surroundings. The above poster who said that red would be the offensive tag color may want to rethink that. In a sea of red enemy names, that red tag is going to be really hard to see. That’s where a purple or blue tag would work much better.

In the end I guess I am just against giving specific colors specific titles and jobs. The colors should simply give distinction to the different activities going on in WvW.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This is why icons would’ve been better. Colors do nothing.

Anet needs to take a hard stance on how WvW should be played.

Should there be zergs, roamers, and defenders? What are the various goals in WvW, besides flipping for points, and getting BL bloodlust boons?

I know the tournament is coming up and there’s goals there, but then what? What happens to regular WvW afterwards?

So much potential could’ve been had with these new commander tags, but instead we get colors only. Icons and UI Commands would’ve been 10000x better.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

TheMaskedGamer.5708

Should there be zergs, roamers, and defenders? What are the various goals in WvW, besides flipping for points, and getting BL bloodlust boons?

I know the tournament is coming up and there’s goals there, but then what? What happens to regular WvW afterwards?

So much potential could’ve been had with these new commander tags, but instead we get colors only. Icons and UI Commands would’ve been 10000x better.

I couldn’t agree more, but we are going to have to play with what we got. At least its something. I just hope we could agree to some things and settle this.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I couldn’t agree more, but we are going to have to play with what we got. At least its something. I just hope we could agree to some things and settle this.

It’s just not going to work though. Players are always rotating in and out of WvW, and chat is already bad enough with the suppression, so it’s going to be a pain to keep telling people in chat who to follow, and what each color means.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Purple is ugly, but yes actual icons would be better.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Moo.3408

not allowed ? ouch

I don’t mean to offend you really, but as far your suggestions go, it really isn’t relevant with what I wish to discuss. Its not about potential or other demanded colors for the future. Its supposed to be relevant with what colors we got with the new update and how we can take advantage out of it. What role we can give them to better improve ho we organize and play WvW.

Destroying defensive siege weapons is what I meant like if 2 zergs were either side of bridges, the purple would take his squad, go around and attack from side with balistas then run after arrow carats are dead

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Green tag could be use by roaming groups to show where they are.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Sorry guys, purple is of the official ktrain color.

Whispers with meat.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Sorry guys, purple is of the official ktrain color.

This may be so in The floating Fuzzy karma unicorn PvE cloud city of the mists…I mean, Edge Of The Mists…However, If we apply the same thought to actual WvW, everyone would just flock to the purple tag. Excluding the actual WvW strategists on the server of course.

I have a hard time thinking of a good symbolic purpose for the purple tag. Perhaps it could be used to mark mesmers during golem rushes so as to more adequately locate portals? I feel like a better purpose could be established.

[varX] Limitless Potential

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I like the idea of defining the tag colors. However, what color does what should strictly be at the discretion of the server. That way when an enemy sees a colored tag he thinks: Is that a tower busting zerg? Or just a large interferance zerg? Wait, small group with a yellow tag. Scout? or havoc?

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

I like the idea of defining the tag colors. However, what color does what should strictly be at the discretion of the server. That way when an enemy sees a colored tag he thinks: Is that a tower busting zerg? Or just a large interferance zerg? Wait, small group with a yellow tag. Scout? or havoc?

It has been my experience that enemies cannot see each other’s commander tags.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

pdavis.8031

Good point. Although I never really looked for a tag, when trying to stay alive in a zerg battle. Either way, it should be server specific instead of a standard.

recognize my command!”

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Good point. Although I never really looked for a tag, when trying to stay alive in a zerg battle. Either way, it should be server specific instead of a standard.

On a side note, it doesn’t matter if you’re ranged or melee, it’s a major boon to know where the commander/driver is at all times on the battlefield so you can position yourself according to your function. If not then the front line becomes scattered, the sqishies explode and that’s probably a wipe.

Whispers with meat.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Being able to find tag can mean life or death for your server in an open field combat situation. It can be the difference between a well stacked and composed force with no signs of weakness and an unorganized open target with their back line casters exposed.
I would suggest getting the hang of finding tag. If your server has one worth following.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Rosy.5194

Rosy.5194

It has been my (limited so far) experience that trying to follow a red tag can be confusing, when it gets lost in a screenful of downed enemy players. Perhaps red was not the best choice to make…

(I’ve also heard that there may be some color-blind issues with the precise colors chosen, which would be a shame if so.)

Rosy Dawn – [CNB]

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

At some point tonight we had 3 yellow tags on the map… was pretty epic.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I am not really sure but it was fun to run a rainbow of commander tags for fun last night. Now we are only missing one last color for the almighty power rangers!

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

Like someone said above, TC so far has taken more of a wait and see what happens approach. This has been discussed internally since the announcement was made, and the best stance we’ve found so far is to simply pick a tag color that isn’t being used already and let the other tags know what you’re doing. once in a while, or when someone asks, you might clarify what your tag is doing to the map knows what’s going on.

Also, you’re never going to assign a purple commander tag to be the official karma train color, even on EotM. I tagged up on Eotm on Tuesday in purple, since it is one of our guild colors, and proceeded to roll over the two enemy zergs for the fun of it. What’s great is that the enemy servers responded by actually fighting back…. believe it or not, we had an entire EotM map actually fighting over objectives and fighting in the open field. There is much more fun to be had with the purple tag than bashing your face into doors all day, I mean karma training!

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I already created a topic on exactly same topic
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Etiquette-for-the-Commander-Tag-Colors/

These threads should be merged by the moderators, thank you!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Why isn’t it one coloured tag per commander? Is it that hard to code something that simple?

Scrubio

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

pdavis.8031

Being able to find tag can mean life or death for your server in an open field combat situation. It can be the difference between a well stacked and composed force with no signs of weakness and an unorganized open target with their back line casters exposed.
I would suggest getting the hang of finding tag. If your server has one worth following.

Oh of course! I was referring to enemies tags, and being in a battle, I wasn’t trying to find their tags. I do try to keep an eye on our tags.

recognize my command!”

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

Oh of course! I was referring to enemies tags, and being in a battle, I wasn’t trying to find their tags. I do try to keep an eye on our tags.

Enemy tags are not visible. No need to try to look for something you can’t see.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Why isn’t it one tag per commander? Is it that hard to code something that simple?

What? I’m not sure what you are trying to say here because an individual can only have one tag up at a time as is.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Coloured tag I meant sorry, of course people have to coordinate, but some people can troll.

Scrubio

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Greetings Everyone,

I like this setup. It means my scout gets to wear a purple tag.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I had a similar idea:

Blue – The Borderlands/EBG “Home” Commander. This Commander basically stays in this map 24/7 and is responsible for responding to threats against Keeps/Towers and launching assaults against enemy structures when opportunity allows.

Red – Roaming “Assault” Commander. This Commander moves from map to map as necessary. Their job is to launch attacks in enemy Borderlands and EBG, either to capture structures or to serve as a decoy to pull off heat from the Home Commanders.

Yellow – Militia Commander. This Commander is for those who are newer/more casual WvW players. Like the Assault Commander, they’ll bring the militia to wherever it’s needed most, providing greater numbers, but with less pressure. If no urgent action is needed, they’ll roam around capturing camps and paper Keeps/Towers, focusing on softer targets. They function both as support for the previous two Commanders, and as a more casual “zerg” for newer players to learn in.

Purple – Guild Commanders. These Commanders are usually on the map for their own guild purposes (which may be any of the above). Havoc groups may also use this tag if no Guild groups are around.

WvW and ComTag Colors

in WvW

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

If you want to see how NA’s Blackgate used the new Commander tags to bring order to the battlefield then ride the rainbow at http://youtu.be/K2ZpoOfzWY4