Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

But t3 ascended looks way way more cool though

WvW and PvP Ascended Armor Upgrades

in WvW

Posted by: Chelios.5407

Chelios.5407

Hi,
Well i was grinding the whole season for the entire medium pvp set. But i bought the exotic armor set because i already had an ascended to transmute over.
This is really frustrating. I spent the same amount of ascended shards and now it was for nothing. If i knew that i wouldnt have bought the exotic armor instead i would have just bought the ascended one. The only difference are some gold and the marks.

So i really hope for Anet that they will look into that. For the sake of all the ones who bought the exotic one and spent the same amount of shards.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Now I feel bad for having focused on the legendary back instead of going for the armor.

If I knew this would be coming, my decision would have been different.

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

PvP rewards you for losing, simple as that. You can lose each and every game and still get the legendary armor, it’ll just take longer. Same for WvW, which is THE game-mode with the lowest skill-ceiling of them all: Hide within the zerg and auto-attack, that’s about it. And yet again, you get rewarded for losing. Personally, I couldn’t care less if the game mode has been neglected in the past or if it takes XY time spent to get the legendary armor there, neither of this is any justification for shoving these players endgame rewards up theirs for literally zero effort other than “being there”.

Don’t make me laugh.
While I can agree with you that the avg. wvw player skill is pretty low, it still takes as much as skill as 90% of all other pve activities. Same concept for both activities really. Run around and kill stuff. And it’s really saddening that Anet encourages this sort behaviour for wvw too……. but w.e.

Anyway, there are plenty of wvw players who far more skilled than others and to be honest, the skill-ceiling for wvw is far far far higher than it will ever be in pve, raids or w.e pve activity.

One thing is fighting vs an AI, like you do in raids. All you need to do is learn the skills of the boss and you’re set. Easy.
A whole different thing is to fight vs other(good) players who will actually counter your stuff and can actively change strategy during fights.

Don’t talk down on wvw players until you actually try to see what skill in wvw means.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Akiraha.4518

Akiraha.4518

That’s cool but… why are you telling us now? I’ve already spent all my pvp curreny in other stuff since all my classes already have ascended sets and there is no way I’ll be able to farm 1200 ascended shards in just 4 days. And a few hundreds gold too

in WvW

Posted by: ICECORE.2614

ICECORE.2614

What will happen to the fractal armour that is bought in the same way as current PvP/wvw via currency and marks

Will there be any adjustments to the prices for it ?
Because this change will make it pointless to get it , when for the same amount of marks you make PvP gear which you can later upgrade

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I don’t suppose there’s any more info on the gifts required?

At the moment making the gifts for warbringer is not bad for the 1 item but extremely expensive if you roll it out for 6+ pieces of armour.

1000 badges
500 proofs of heroics
750 memories of battle
350 skirmish tickets
4 gifts of battle
Vision crystals and a legendary spike that are hardly worth anything.

That’s without mentioning the gift of fortune and unless you change gifts of craftsmanship so you can reuse the gift of prosperity it works out pretty expensive against raid armour. A lot of players will be put off by this and if you keep the gaining of gifts of craftsmanship as it currently is it will put off a lot of players too.

in WvW

Posted by: Burcio.4069

Burcio.4069

So you wanted Legendary armor to be the hardest thing to get in your game and now you are giving it away almost for free for PVP which doesnt, I mean doesnt ever need a stat swap change. PvP shouldnt be played for rewards but for fun and now people will just grind again, which ofc will bring more cancer. Thanks anet for all of that wasted time in raids learning bosses and countles wipes + waiting like a year for you to make that armor anyway. So in the future I shouldnt be doing anything, just wait like a year and I will get it easier.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

finnaly but pitty that i cant get ascended trough the skirmish suervisor….since it requires some Marks to be crafted

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

PvP rewards you for losing, simple as that. You can lose each and every game and still get the legendary armor, it’ll just take longer. Same for WvW, which is THE game-mode with the lowest skill-ceiling of them all: Hide within the zerg and auto-attack, that’s about it. And yet again, you get rewarded for losing. Personally, I couldn’t care less if the game mode has been neglected in the past or if it takes XY time spent to get the legendary armor there, neither of this is any justification for shoving these players endgame rewards up theirs for literally zero effort other than “being there”.

Don’t make me laugh.
While I can agree with you that the avg. wvw player skill is pretty low, it still takes as much as skill as 90% of all other pve activities. Same concept for both activities really. Run around and kill stuff. And it’s really saddening that Anet encourages this sort behaviour for wvw too……. but w.e.

Anyway, there are plenty of wvw players who far more skilled than others and to be honest, the skill-ceiling for wvw is far far far higher than it will ever be in pve, raids or w.e pve activity.

One thing is fighting vs an AI, like you do in raids. All you need to do is learn the skills of the boss and you’re set. Easy.
A whole different thing is to fight vs other(good) players who will actually counter your stuff and can actively change strategy during fights.

Don’t talk down on wvw players until you actually try to see what skill in wvw means.

Well, I’ve played WvW back when there were still tournaments, maybe you’ve heard of them. I actively play sPvP. I actively play raids. As such, I consider myself qualified enough to comment.

Just to be clear about this, I’m not suggesting that there cannot be good players in WvW (or anywhere else for that matter), I’m saying that with the current reward tracks and all, it’s not required. You are literally rewarded for failure. Let’s not mention the ridiculous “outnumbered” on top of that.

PvE/raids requires nothing short of success. With the weekly lockouts per boss, you cannot simply grind it. You don’t get rewarded simply for “being there”. You don’t get rewarded based on “time spent”.

Does the WvW community really aim to be playing that one game mode where you get everything (including legendaries) shoved up your backside for simple time-investment? This is now literally going to be that one game mode where everyone can come leech for free. In the end, it’s the “skilled players” and their efforts you were talking about who get devalued together with the legendary items. Enjoy!

in WvW

Posted by: Seteruss.4058

Seteruss.4058

This is a really amazing change but I think the raiders gonna be so mad at it.

In before the complains.

nah…just w8 to see what gifts are made of lol.
It ll be a huge grind but hey…still a nice way for pvp and wvw players to be able to get legendary gear as well, so gj. I really like how Anet trying to please everyone.

Is it luck or skill keeping you alive?

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Don’t make me laugh.

Well, I’ve played WvW back when there were still tournaments, maybe you’ve heard of them. I actively play sPvP. I actively play raids. As such, I consider myself qualified enough to comment.

Just to be clear about this, I’m not suggesting that there cannot be good players in WvW (or anywhere else for that matter), I’m saying that with the current reward tracks and all, it’s not required. You are literally rewarded for failure. Let’s not mention the ridiculous “outnumbered” on top of that.

PvE/raids requires nothing short of success. With the weekly lockouts per boss, you cannot simply grind it. You don’t get rewarded simply for “being there”. You don’t get rewarded based on “time spent”.

Does the WvW community really aim to be playing that one game mode where you get everything (including legendaries) shoved up your backside for simple time-investment? This is now literally going to be that one game mode where everyone can come leech for free. In the end, it’s the “skilled players” and their efforts you were talking about who get devalued together with the legendary items. Enjoy!

I do agree with your sentiments however there’s just no way to reward the individuals that work overtime to harass the enemy server at times pulling and getting blobs to chase 10 of them around because they’re actually a massive threat. That’s the real issue and tying rewards to achievements or 1st place encourages really bad behaviour like ignoring playing the game in favour of grabbing achievements or server stacking.

When my guild is running 5-6 of us we are more of a threat than 20+ guilds as we will attack T3 towers and keeps from obscure locations after sneaking there. If we get a good amount of damage done we will keep it drained of sups and get walls low for a bigger group while we go and take a T3 tower. There’s no way to reward that kind of gameplay, even tying rewards to flipping T3 we get a lot of mismatched coverage where one server will paper most things and the others hunker down in the keep to hold the WP.

in WvW

Posted by: Endeavour.4206

Endeavour.4206

Haha. The skill level on WvW has increased a lot since then, and with it the difficulty. Comparing what WvW was like back then to what it’s now it’s like comparing dungeons and raids and say they are the same thing.

If anybody doesn’t believe me they just need to watch videos from back then and compare with what’s it like nowadays.

in WvW

Posted by: Kofiend.2530

Kofiend.2530

Don’t make me laugh.

Good thing you played WvW back in fall (sept-oct) 2014 for a tournament. Please tell me all about how you know all about WvW /s. AI might one day be harder then real ppl in most games but not this one.

SF>SoR>TC>SBI>DB>SFR>BG>DB>SoS
[DN] Digital Nemesis

in WvW

Posted by: Dzjudz.9142

Dzjudz.9142

I thought it was 2620 tickets for T2? That’s way more than just 9 weeks.
Not counting the time you have to put into wvw just to get the 2k ranking since I’m sure not everyone has that.

No, 2620 is for t3, 1310 is for t2. T1 is from reward tracks.

Ah, then I guess the wiki is off as it has them listed as T1 and T2.

On which page do you see this? As far as I can see they are listed correctly.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor
That one is the one I am looking at.

It seems to list them correctly (and hasn’t been changed since 12 July). If you still see an error, please correct it.

in WvW

Dzjudz.9142

finnaly but pitty that i cant get ascended trough the skirmish suervisor….since it requires some Marks to be crafted

You can just craft them?

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

You can just craft them?

Not at max, and probably will never have it maxed :\ so cant craft the marks as well.

need to keep praying to the RNG and Magic find gods…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

PaulElla 3 months ago
I think one set is sufficient for now. We have no plans to release another set of legendary armor in the future.
LOL

in WvW

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Good thing you played WvW back in fall (sept-oct) 2014 for a tournament. Please tell me all about how you know all about WvW /s. AI might one day be harder then real ppl in most games but not this one.

Back then, at least they didn’t reward failure like they do today. My issue is not with who you are fighting, but with how you get rewarded. But I suggest that once you have leeched your free set of legendary armor in WvW, you come give raids a shot. You might be surprised… (hint: you actually have to be successful to get something).

in WvW

Dzjudz.9142

You can just craft them?

Not at max, and probably will never have it maxed :\ so cant craft the marks as well.

need to keep praying to the RNG and Magic find gods…

I mean, you can just max it by following a gw2crafts guide, it takes 10-20 minutes to max out. It’s really not that much effort. And you’ll only ever have to do it once and you can profit from it for years.

in WvW

Posted by: gishalicious.3510

gishalicious.3510

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this on, but in my humble opinion, I think that adding the same sigil/infusion swapping to legendary weapons as the armor, back pieces, and trinkets have is not only a good idea, but an almost necessary one now. I mean, there are certain sigils out there that are more expensive, by far I might add, then an entire set of 6/7 runes. It just makes sense IMO. For example, you have a weapon with power stats on it and, let’s say, a force sigil. Next you stat swap to a condi build and need an entirely new set of infusions/sigils to go with that. As it is right now, if you wanna do that you have to just destroy the 10g force sigil, and that gets old very quickly. Not to mention the concentration sigils that range between 50-100g so….Like I said I hope this is the right forum to express my concerns/suggestions, but if not , redirecting me to the right one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work.

So, I guess my question would be, is there ANY indication of, or any hope of, getting these new abilities for the weapons that the armor, trinkets, and back pieces already have?

Thanks as always and keep up the good work

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This is a fantastic bit of news, ANet! Thank you for doing this. As someone who always wanted Legendary armor for the stat-swapping capability (I think the raid Legendary armor skins are fugly aside from Heavy, which itself is a very niche look), giving PvP and WvW players the option of attaining this functionality is a great move.

I would like to see Fractals get a similar sort of treatment too, for PvE players who don’t necessarily want/like raiding.

To the people complaining that this development devalues your Legendary armor, how so? You still have the exclusive skins, and I remember being shouted down soooo many times by you raiders claiming that nobody making Legendary armor was doing it for the stat swapping, when making multiple sets of Ascended armor was so much cheaper. Well, nothing has changed; making multiple Ascended sets is STILL so much cheaper, and you still have access to skins that nobody else who doesn’t do raids has. So what’s the big deal? I expect in terms of raw cost, upgrading WvW and PvP Ascended armor to Legendary will still cost at or near the same amount.

And don’t make the argument that WvW/PvP takes no skill either compared to raiding. I’ve heard arguments from raiders all the time that “Raiding is so easy! All you need to do is get the right build, gear, learn the encounters, and learn your rotation.” So if raiding is really so easy that it’s only because “people are lazy that they don’t get into raids”, you can’t make the argument now that your “skill” in raiding translates into some sort of exclusivity aside from the raid skins.

in WvW

Posted by: GreyishWolf.3256

GreyishWolf.3256

I reforged my pvp armor because I choose the wrong stats now you are telling me that it will be upgradeable to legendary but only if you didn’t reforge?

That is truly kittenty.

in WvW

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

Neat and thanks, really never expected that.

A little too late in the game for me though. I have multiples of the classes I play most with their own gear for different things already. (1 guardian for roaming, 1 for guild group stuff, etc.)…maybe 10 ascended sets in total.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

That’s cool but… why are you telling us now?

Because they’ve just finished development of it presumably . And why do you need to do it in 4 days?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So you wanted Legendary armor to be the hardest thing to get in your game and now you are giving it away almost for free for PVP which doesnt, I mean doesnt ever need a stat swap change.

They aren’t giving it away for free and if the gifts are anything like those for the WvW backpack it will be 2 long grinds, to get the precursor then to make it legendary.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Now I feel bad for having focused on the legendary back instead of going for the armor.

Same. I’ve just got 2 more backpacks worth of tickets to go before I can make Warbringer, but I’m completely stopping works on Warbringer and just going for the armor now.

The only thing I find frustrating, is that the WvW claim tickets are heavily timegated, and despite WvW’ing my backside off week after week for I think it’s been 7 or 8 weeks in a row now, making sure I get all 175 tickets per week, I still haven’t been able to get the legendary backpack yet, and now with all this awesome legendary armor coming, and also requiring the same (if not MORE?) tickets, I feel like I’ll have to spend the next half a year working towards these items :-/ and it’s all locked behind a timegate and mass amounts of money.

I suppose it’s fine though… I just made the ascended WvW legs today in preparation for this update, because that’s all I could afford anyway, lol – I had 350 tickets, but spent almost all of it on 2 recipes (the grand marks and the ingredients recipe) and the basic WvW ascended legs. Money isn’t a problem because that’s something I can save up for and work towards, and I’ll eventually get there one day for all armor pieces – but the stress of getting all 175 tickets weekly really messes with my head sometimes.

I guess what I’m saying is that I wish there wasn’t a weekly timegate on tickets – considering how costly all these recipes and items are, but I’m glad Anet are giving us stat-changing armor for WvW. I thought the day would never come!

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in WvW

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I’m glad to hear this, as a PvEer who can’t stand the raiding community. Will the time investment between PvP and WvW armour be looked at though? You can lose miserably in PvP and get a set pretty easily, while WvW will take an insane amount of time.

Hey ho, I’d still rather play PvP (which I despise) to get legendary armour than put up with raiders in this game. It’d be nice if WvW, which I actually enjoy, was anywhere near as viable an option as PvP is likely to be.

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

When it says Ascended WvW armor, does this work for both T2 and T3 WvW armor? Or only T2 Ascended as most people might go for.

The two ascended versions are listed in the OP by the dev. So the answer would be “Yes.” If you want shiny armor with a fancy effect in combat you do the T3 version.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

If you have reforged either the PvP or WvW ascended armor you will need to earn a new piece of PvP or WvW ascended armor.

Reforged ascended armor will not work.

What do you mean by reforged? Do you mean if the stats were changed via Mystic Forge? I picked marauder from the drop down for my armor so is that ok?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: Okhu.7948

Okhu.7948

I’d prefer spvp not getting a legendary armor set. Considering the ease of getting the ascended from spvp early on. Or making it harder for all those people that cheesed for easy ascended in spvp having to go through extra hoops for theirs. WvW’s Legendary Armor upgrade is fine to me though, they definitely deserve it. (Why does Spvp even need Legendary armor? They can already change their stats and runes in PVP without Legendary armor.)

(edited by Okhu.7948)

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This looks great! Something to work for that will reward long-term dedication.

If anybody thinks this will be “easy”, it’ll take 15 weeks (of MAX tickets) to get the gear BEFORE changing it to legendary.

You should also add on the whatever cost of 18 of the new Gifts will be.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in WvW

Posted by: Scheraz.8132

Scheraz.8132

Will this legendary armor have the “glow” effect like it’s raid counterpart?

Memes

in WvW

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

the time gate is probably pvp league tickets
you get 100 for 1 season playing all reward chest once
so if they do a new item cost 50 or 100 of those tickets
you would need to play at least 3-6 full season to get the armor
i can see the timegate for pvp legy armor beeing there
if they chose this timegate fine but that would be 1year+ of pvp seasons o.O

another grind i consider is the glorious reward track
one end chest you get 1-2 mist core fragment and you need 4 for a perfect mist core
so if every armor part needs the lowest number of 1 perfect mist core
for total of 6 perfect mist core you need to finish that reward track 12 times
that would be another possibl grind there
maybe even higher if you need more

ascendet shards of glory are all rdy need for the armor accuisition but new item for those is also possibl

but thats all speculation and some items are all rdy up in price

in WvW

Posted by: Theonord.6359

Theonord.6359

I have 3 ascended HEAVY armor pieces from PvP. But knowing this I would have bought them for my Engineer my main. When upgrading to Legendary. Can we plz have the option to choose if we want it to be Medium/Light/Heavy? I would hate for my purchases to have been wasted.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Will this legendary armor have the “glow” effect like it’s raid counterpart?

Here is the relevant quote…

This new type of armor will not have a unique skin, such as the one that is part of the raids legendary armor, but instead will consist of an upgrade to WvW and PvP ascended armor that gives those armor pieces legendary stat-swapping capabilities without changing the skin.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

This is great news! I am halfway done with my back piece. As soon as that is done I will move to armor. I love that they finally let the WvW peeps get legendary armor for playing WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Well this would have been great news, but finding out reformed or transmuted armor won’t be eligible defeats the purpose. I’ve reforged or transmuted probably 10 pieces of gear and have no idea which ones I did. So, if this patch doesn’t revert them back to the original piece I’m just s.o.l? Had I known they would become legendary I wouldn’t have, and I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat. Is it worth opening a ticket for or is it unlikely that I can get any of these reverted? Really going to suck having to to do all of that grinding over again between earning the ascended shards and crafting the grandmaster tokens on top of already making the gifts.

Can’t believe there isn’t a system in place to revert this armor back to the original……

in WvW

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

i dont understand the being rewarded for losing discussion here… in many pug raids are so terrible players who also just get carried… where is the difference?

pvp – u can be good or bad get rewards
wvw – u can be good or bad get rewards
raids – u can be good or bad (getting carried by the others) get rewards lol

Reaper – AnguĂ®sh

in WvW

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

And don’t make the argument that WvW/PvP takes no skill either compared to raiding. I’ve heard arguments from raiders all the time that “Raiding is so easy! All you need to do is get the right build, gear, learn the encounters, and learn your rotation.” So if raiding is really so easy that it’s only because “people are lazy that they don’t get into raids”, you can’t make the argument now that your “skill” in raiding translates into some sort of exclusivity aside from the raid skins.

You still have to do all those things, do about 20 -25 achievements and kill at least 150 bosses. For WvW/PvP you just have to show up… thats it. So even if you consider all these things easy → WvW/PvP rewards you for much much less

in WvW

Posted by: Nick Lentz.6982

Nick Lentz.6982

You still have to do all those things, do about 20 -25 achievements and kill at least 150 bosses. For WvW/PvP you just have to show up… thats it. So even if you consider all these things easy -> WvW/PvP rewards you for much much less

raids take skill- best joke of the century

Guardian of Maguuma
Grand Warden of I Crit Under Pressure.
message me for an invite ^_^

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Don’t make me laugh.

I almost hate to say this but to say that we will get more players who are not “skilled” in WvW is a statement that’s too late. We already have that. This won’t change any of that frankly.

I can’t remember a time when a few of us people with xp could go into a group and wipe them as easily as we can do a lot of the time now. It used to be that you would find other groups that mostly knew what they were doing, and were built for the event.

We will wipe a group a couple of times and you know they give a shoutout because then in comes the blob to take care of us rogues. WvW has become mostly a blob fest and a very good amount of those people are not built for it. Yesterday I was amazed at the number of people that came at our smaller group and kept dying… I had to attribute that to a seriously poor pve set of pugs… because frankly.. as experienced as I am in WvW.. I am not young, not fast, and don’t do well in 1v1 because of it… but give me a havoc group that knows what they’re doing and they need blobs to kill us.

Give me this new armor stuff and I’m even happier… now I won’t have to have 3 sets of armor… or 3 different toons for one class just to change up my play when I want to. .. and so on and so on.

“We” can complain… play, move on… I’ve given up on complaining.. I love gw2… love wvw… and these days welcome ALL the changes because leaving things as they were is just.. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Faelun.7563

Faelun.7563

Hi just wanted to ask a clarifying question. I’m returning from a long break from the game. Can this ascended pvp armor be used in PVE and are the range of stats options the same? or is this armor restricted to use in pvp only?

in WvW

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

You still have to do all those things, do about 20 -25 achievements and kill at least 150 bosses. For WvW/PvP you just have to show up… thats it. So even if you consider all these things easy -> WvW/PvP rewards you for much much less

raids take skill- best joke of the century

Thanks for this zero-value comment. All you did was undermine that there is no real argument against what i said.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Good this should be fun once its out then players can try so many different builds with out braking the bank. Thank you.

You doomed my guild mates to the endless ele builds i like you to know this.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Feel you. Forged shoulders, gloves and boots to change stats. Only dumb luck that I didn’t forge the helm too. Kind of a screwed either way thing with that – either pay twice as much in tickets to get the Mistforged version or pay a bunch of gold again.

in WvW

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

I think the gifts and forge route should be involved with getting the T2 level of ascended to legendary status.

However, the T3 WvW armor should be legendary right from the vendor.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think the gifts and forge route should be involved with getting the T2 level of ascended to legendary status.

However, the T3 WvW armor should be legendary right from the vendor.

T3 armor is to easy to get to be legendary. A lot of ppl already have the body i got it a few weeks ago. I like to know if T2 ascended can become legendary too? If not that ok legendary should be a long view goal not an over night thing.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Ben Phongluangtham

Previous

Ben Phongluangtham

Game Designer

Next

I reforged my pvp armor because I choose the wrong stats now you are telling me that it will be upgradeable to legendary but only if you didn’t reforge?

That is truly kittenty.

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve reforged probably 1.5 sets of ardent glorious into standard ascended armor. I cried a little as I was making the recipes for the PvP versions.

Unfortunately, when you mystic forge an item, you’re getting a completely new item. The system doesn’t know that the new ascended piece used to be something else.

in WvW

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

This is still amazing news even if I have reforged some armour pieces I otherwise wouldn’t have.

As someone who loves playing around with different options and who can have insane amounts of decision paralysis I will be all over these armour upgrades!