WvW and cheating

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Hello all, My name is Troy Satterfield or otherwise known as “Brutal Augus” in game, and if you are taking the time to read this I’d like to address some recent issues I (as well as countless others I’ve met) have been experiencing in WvW lately.

[If this topic has already been made I apologize, I’m not new to using forums, but I am new to the gw2 forum]

I’ve been reporting players every time one of these issues arise, but to no avail does the issues stop occurring. I’m not going to name any names, I’m not even going to point out any guilds, but what I will say is that I have been running into 3 major issues lately on the battlefield that I fear isn’t being addressed at all considering I keep running into them.

They are as follows;

*Players making “Guild Supervisors” completely invulnerable( yes, no timer, I’m talking permanent invulnerability) so that camps cannot be taken.

*Players performing “finishers” before I’ve lost even a fraction of my health and instantly killing me and others.

*Players freezing my slot skills so that when I activate them they never cast, and I can no longer use them while fighting until I either die or leave WvW.

Once I recieve my next paycheck, I will be purchasing a capture card so that I may record this, and hopefully get some of these players banned, but before I did I wanted to bring this up and see if anyone in the community may have been experiencing the same things. I am from the Eastern Timezone, so I run into this more around 1-3 in the morning when my server’s borderlands are more or less desolate of “zergs”. This leads me to believe that these players may be from the same zone, but I cannot confirm this. If anyone has experienced similar happenings please comment or whisper me in game at “Brutal Augus” so that I may further attempt to catch these fiends on capture card.

Brutally yours,
Augus

[varX] Limitless Potential

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

You don’t need a capture card. You can buy FRAPS or some other capture software to catch them.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

*Players freezing my slot skills so that when I activate them they never cast, and I can no longer use them while fighting until I either die or leave WvW.

I’ve seen this, but it didn’t happen via players. It happens when picking up bundles that dissappear. For me most of the time is picking up random warrior banners while trying to loot.

If the bundle vanishes while you animate the pickup, you won’t be able to use any weapon skills and the only ways I found to fix it were to use a siege machine, or log out and back in.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

I’ve seen this, but it didn’t happen via players. It happens when picking up bundles that dissappear. For me most of the time is picking up random warrior banners while trying to loot.

If the bundle vanishes while you animate the pickup, you won’t be able to use any weapon skills and the only ways I found to fix it were to use a siege machine, or log out and back in.

I’ve heard of that, I guess I’ve been lucky enough to avoid that happening to me in that fashion though. We encountered it late last night when our 3 man group ran into only two players and we attacked. Couldn’t attack or heal ourselves. Had to run, and we didn’t make it far.

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

You don’t need a capture card. You can buy FRAPS or some other capture software to catch them.

thankyou, that helps a lot. Do you know if the software is mac friendly?

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Sometimes supervisor lags and keeps Righteous Indignation on even as timer has run out, but it will eventually end. There is cheating going on though. Wouldn’t have believed but saw teleporting warrior and apparently he has been doing it for a long time now.

[Hex]

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Sometimes supervisor lags and keeps Righteous Indignation on even as timer has run out, but it will eventually end. There is cheating going on though. Wouldn’t have believed but saw teleporting warrior and apparently he has been doing it for a long time now.

yeeah, you mean the one with a timer on it right? Usually about 2min at start? We actually saw one at the north eastern camp outside of our border spawn with the grey invulnerability symbol.

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

yeeah, you mean the one with a timer on it right? Usually about 2min at start? We actually saw one at the north eastern camp outside of our border spawn with the grey invulnerability symbol.

Camp Veteran Supervisor that has 5 minutes of Righteous Indignation when camp is flipped, sometimes gets bugged and has RI on longer even though buff should have ended.

Teleporting warrior was player porting all over the place and some other things were really strange – adrenaline gain was really fast, using burst skills almost constantly (Earthshaker and Kill Shot).

I don’t know what you mean, haven’t really seen anything that you describe.

[Hex]

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Brutal Augus.5917

Camp Veteran Supervisor that has 5 minutes of Righteous Indignation when camp is flipped, sometimes gets bugged and has RI on longer even though buff should have ended.

Teleporting warrior was player porting all over the place and some other things were really strange – adrenaline gain was really fast, using burst skills almost constantly (Earthshaker and Kill Shot).

I don’t know what you mean, haven’t really seen anything that you describe.

Yeah, I’d actually only experienced these problems for the first time last weekend. I honestly hope that you never do. Its frustrating.

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Just putting this out there. I’ve sent video evidence to Anet, it’s been a few weeks and not even a confirmation email back. Cheaters still playing the game as usual. Do not waste your time recording/encoding/uploading or even spend money buying software for this.

Whispers with meat.

WvW and cheating

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I hope you have better luck than I have getting these cheaters banned. I still have yet to see something done about the people who can instantly kill you, or fly, or walk through walls and sink under the ground.