WvW and the Heart of Thorns Release

in WvW

Posted by: Lyroc.8953

Lyroc.8953

Reset on Saturday… GZ for the next fail….
Think about that again please…
Look how many ppl cry on this poast

if u make it for HOT realease one time .. its ok .. but forever its kitten
if u ask the ppl … from 100 will say 90 NOOOO

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Friday is now an interesting day to play, many WvW guilds have active days on fridays and saturdays and have guilds missions on sundays or later in the week.

I will foretell this willmake fridays useless, and saturdays useless untill reset and guild mssions on sundays no longer possible. Also ALL WVW Guilds will want a spot on SATURDAY (reset evening) and SUNDAYS instead of having guilds spread around on 3 days. Communities will fight and bicker and you’ll have istantly created the MOST TOXIC ENVIRONMENT IN THIS GAME BY NOT USING YOUR BRAINS WHILE THINKING…

WvW is a game within the game, 90% of the WVW-ers I know do some dungeons (to-be nerfed) OR some PvP (which are mostly roamers, and the new WvW maps really are not roamer friendly) and -HATE- PvE in all it’s facets. We have seen this -HATE- voiced back at A-net in stupid implementations of PvE in WVW and PvE minded WvW concoctions (like the golem weekend which was stupid to the maximum of stupidity and far, FAR beyond…)

Why would it make fridays and saturdays useless? Because all servers have their main groups active during the weekend an week, most even have 24/7 activity and there will be little shifts, if all during fridays and saturdays. During the week most servers get ahead 20-100k and this will be nearly to fully incorrectable…. Leaving the servers just to run circles on the map and turning WvW into EotM karma train. Destroying the weekend and thus the fun for MANY WvW players… It will not open the community to PvE players (but just more EotM-like farm, do you really think if wvw stacks are gone it will make stuff better for people coming in with little or no experience? I suggest a brain check if you do) and it will destory it for WvW players creating a VOID.

I STRONGLY URGE ARENA-NET TO RECONSIDER!!

You should be working to expand on experiences not destroy them….
1st Dungeons
Now WvW?

Why do so?

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

in WvW

Posted by: Masteravatar.1509

Masteravatar.1509

“Show the Love for WvW”

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

That they would think this is a good idea shows they have no idea what they’re doing, or they just plain don’t care how this affects WvW. Probably both.

in WvW

Posted by: Melecha.4576

Melecha.4576

Moving WvW reset….have to say I’m not happy about this. Moreso for personal reasons…I will not be able to participate I do hope you’ll listen to your customers and not make this change.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Come on, Anet! Not only OCX/SEA will be affected. Like what was written above, a lot of us are adults with real life responsibilities. The weekends are our true playtimes. You’ll be cutting a whole day out of all our playtime.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Kateau.8062

Kateau.8062

This is really a bad idea and will certainly have a negative effect on the large number of players in the WvWvW communities which occupy OCX and SEA time zones.

These players could potentially get bored or apathetic towards the game if only half of their weekend playtime becomes a forgone conclusion or even just relegated to a karma train.

If it is not too late, I suggest rethinking this until the full effect across time zones and different types of play is properly understood. I for one love that there is a great OCX and SEA population for the game, and I know there are servers who would give a limb for more of these players to cover their nap-time.

Kateau
Court Jester from Chateau Kateau
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Algerius.5238

Algerius.5238

Doesn’t make any sense.

Why do you do stupid changes without asking the comunity or getting some feedback about what are you going to do?

There’s basically no thought behind this desicion

in WvW

Posted by: Calill.3207

Calill.3207

Adding in my +1 to “What is the point of this change” as it currently makes no sense and is completely unnecessary.

in WvW

Posted by: Marseee.2938

Marseee.2938

I didn’t play GW2 on fridays due to karma training, now I won’t play Saturdays either due to karma training?

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Was this change recommended by the Daredevil team? Sounds as innovative!

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

As a SEA Player I do not like the Idea of changing reset times to saturday as well.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: jtook.6508

jtook.6508

Hmmm, i wish i’d known this before buying HoT, it would have made me think twice. As pointed out by many, Friday nights and Saturdays will be dead now and that’s when i, and quite a few others i know, played the most.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Please reconsider… In EU time, that ruins half the weekend of wvw, with the after-work friday evening and most of saturday (and seeing the comments here, it’s even worse for SEA zone players…).

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Tin foil hat time:

Seems like every time a big WvWvW update is coming, some strange and ludicrous implementation is announced (like commander tag colors being sold separately) and the forums protest. Then Anet makes the minor changes that address the outrage and the board is lit with joy and chants of “They listened! They know we’re here! Things are going to change!”, but the major issues remain and a few months later the complaints starting rolling in again. Paltry offerings yielding praise because the mode is making it’s final swirls before disappearing down the drain.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

plz Anet ! dont do that

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Peira.6210

Peira.6210

Please don’t, or at least give us some reasoning…

in WvW

Posted by: Karmiel.1065

Karmiel.1065

*BAD**BAD**BAD**BAD* Idea !!! This could be one of the worst changes, I have ever seen done.

WvW reset night should not be changed. Who had this bright idea?

DO NOT FIX SOMETHING THAT IS NOT BROKEN.

We like RESET nights as it is. DO NOT CHANGE IT. We all pay for this game and this should have been a community decision.

What are you thinking??

Big stinking no from me.

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Please don’t, or at least give us some reasoning…

I’m sure there would be a reason. Still, the impact will be terrible and this change should not be made. There will be serious loss of OCX/SEA population due to reduced playtime over weekend.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Just when you thought Anet couldn’t pull off yet ANOTHER brilliant stunt they come up with WvW reset time changes!

Ah well I’ll just say you should reconsider and leave it at that.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: LINKAZZATORE.8135

LINKAZZATORE.8135

fun fact: pve and pvp gets a reply in 0.1 seconds but wvw gets nothing after 4 pages of people disappointed… and they won’t change it anyway because #notgivingakitten aboutwvw

also… they’ve not done most of the stuffs people have requested for wvw in over 3 years but they’ve done this changed nobody has even asked for… just bullkitten

in WvW

Posted by: Palimpalim.2063

Palimpalim.2063

Servercommunities are organised for having a friday reset on wvw for three years now. Why do u change such things for making a primetimeday like Saturday, where most people are able to play, a Karmatrainday?

As if nightcapping is not worse enough, having the weekend to make decent points was essential for server with no/minimal nightpopulation. That is gone now for no obvious reason but “oh well why not change that”

GG Anet

in WvW

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Currently wvw is dead on Thursdays and Friday until reset. Why on earth we would want it dead from Fri-Sat when majority is having free time?

Why would I open GW2 at all if wvw is practically disabled?

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

having the weekend to make decent points was essential

a lot of us are adults with real life responsibilities.

Yeah anet alot of us are adults and want to play any night after work not just fridays.. please continue your efforts fixing this problem. Having people treat the weekend as the only “live zone” or whatever really kills the fun after work.

JQ subsidiary

(edited by displayname.8315)

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

I don’t think that the saturday reset is bad move and I don’t care about it. There will be more players (aka weekend warriors) around. Many players could go outside to enjoy a friday nightlife with their friends now. Of course, I feel sad for our ocx-players, I know a bunch of them who are dedicated defenders of the borderlands.

If you fear that the karma-friday become a karma-saturday, then it’s up to you real world versus world players to deny such request.
Defend structures, crash your zerg into the opposite karmatrain, hunt them until they log off or fight back. Work together to fight such behavior, save the normal wvw gameplay of your Tier. Don’t be worry or sad if you lost players because of that, they aren’t worth to lose a single tear, comrades. The whole idea of karmatrains in wvw belongs into the trash can of the history. I never understand why commanders have started this at all? You have now the unique chance to change it.

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I set up my work schedule to be home specifically for reset last contract negotiation

in WvW

Posted by: Priest Tully.3798

Priest Tully.3798

Being an EU guild on an NA server, our main raid is always on saturday! With the reset time changing this would be before NA reset. Meaning we can not raid on Saturday anymore since there is no point in raiding 4-5 hours before WvW reset! It was called karma-friday for a reason and seeing this moved to saturday would be a huge pity!

Not happy with this reset time change.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Anet…2015- Clueless as ever.

in WvW

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Dont worry ANET has only just started annoying the player base:

WvW : New Reset time announced with very little consideration for community. > 100% WvW Community affected. New static borderland map with no rotation which is more like EOTM which WvW players didn’t want.

PVE: Nerfing of Dungeons (100% of this community affected)/ Nerfing of Fractals [less paths/day] (100% of this community affected)/ Only 4 New maps in HOT !
Adding RAIDs : <1% of the ‘community’ of the game who will RAID as it will be ‘too hard’

PvP: Increase CASH $$$ to build a PRO League that all players are paying for (For those who purchased the HOT this is where your money is going !).
These prizes apply to <0.1% of the ‘community’ of the game.
But 100% of the GW2 Community are paying for the PVP Cash Prize.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: unknownchaos.1425

unknownchaos.1425

I set up my work schedule to be home specifically for reset last contract negotiation

It’s OK pal. I’m sure lil Timmy can take ur shift at the Mickey D’s drive-in window.

Obs®

in WvW

Posted by: GreyAlu.6472

GreyAlu.6472

Ohh ANET, god why? The Friday is the best time for us EU or national servers. I really enjoyed a mindless karma train after Work on Friday, eating something and then play wonderful resets with my guild or in a public Zerg with my server.
So why the…….would you move the reset to Saturday? in the middle of our weekend? Not everybody who can play on Friday can play on Saturday. I used the saturdays/sundays for my RL and my friends! This is just so crazy from you…
Everyone wanna keep the FRIDAY…Anet want the saturday…God why.. I can’t understand why you wanna change a part which worked all time well..
Only reason i can think about – you wanna kill the WvW for more..You wanna kill the WvW which your community love and you wanna have more mindless Edge of the Mists Karmatrain…

I’m really disappointed..

Just my thoughts from a Riverside Player..

And sorry for my bad english :S but i know the german forum isn’t read by Anet…

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

My guess is that they have most online is friday/saturday and the hardcore guilds are all busy in WvW. I think that they hope by making friday night irrelevant WvW wise and people will move to raid and PvE stuff.

This is my guess… Personally I do like to try the change and see how it impact stuff. I would like to see how much it change the ocx/asia impact on the end week results. I’m kinda tired that a relatively small part of a server pop affect the week outcome by so much.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Gunner Morton.8340

Gunner Morton.8340

4 pages worth of negative comments here and 180 negative comments on Reddit yet not a single developer in sight to acknowledge Arenanets’ mistakes on this one, not to mention all the other issues over the past few years.

Real classy..

I used to play WvW on Gunnar’s Hold, then I took a flawed serverlink to the knee.

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

Yes. Yesssssss. Lol! This works in my favor.

Thanks, Anet. You’ll find the cash amount we agreed upon within a brown paper sack at “dead drop location number 3”. Good doing business with you!

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

As long it’s the brown paper bag skin helmet.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

another nail to the coffin … highly disappointing change without any consultation with the players base (also as usual)…

As I have prepurchased HoT already I am starting to feel slightly cheated the shorter it is to the release date due to superb changes to DD (NOT) … and now the WvW changes …

please ANET DO LISTEN to the player base at last … 3 years passed and still your changes are so awesome … not …..

in WvW

Posted by: xXBAKESXx.6731

xXBAKESXx.6731

Maybe it has something to do with them moving guild missions reset a day ahead, although I don’t see how this should have an effect on a reason for WvW reset moving.

I’m sorry Anet but this I really disagree with, people hype up for reset nights during the day at work, we use reset weekends as the time to raise morale with big fights and lots of community effort from our server (Whiteside Ridge tier This gives us an entire day less of fighting and contesting WvW :/

Also overall WvW population will be less due to people going out Saturday and Friday nights

in WvW

Posted by: Mia Wynd.2367

Mia Wynd.2367

Exactly what problem is being solved by switching the reset day? This would be a major setback for WvW if Friday becomes the dead day. Many many guilds have Saturday set up for guild content night. Please reconsider.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Thanks Anet, I love this change!
I had some minor worries that I did not purchased HoT before this change, but now I’m happy that I gave that money to other game(s).

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: MojoGroove.8253

MojoGroove.8253

this may be the straw that finally breaks me, you are not the fancy new thing anymore gw2. You need to do better.

in WvW

Posted by: TyDi.9078

TyDi.9078

Dont expect them to respond or care. They will just change the time and ignore everyone until the heat dies down. Similar to golem week…

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

So Saturday is ummm.. Wait what day is it today? Hmmm.. How many days till reset now?

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I have no strong feelings on this but just tell us why.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

Please no, we have good fun competition on Friday nights from dedicated WvW guilds and it will just break up their guilds to where we will steam roll all week long now. Do you know how hard it is to get dailies when the maps are mostly your color already?

in WvW

Posted by: grimgravy.7540

grimgravy.7540

Here’s what the Heart of Thorns release will look like for WvW:

WvW’s reset time will be changed to be 24 hours later in NA and EU. It will now occur on Saturdays instead of Fridays.

Rage!! >:(

in WvW

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

Adding to the growing list of people who think this is a bad idea. As the leader of a large guild on NA, this is not going to go over well with the guild. The two biggest days for our guild are Friday and Saturday. Why make the change? If it is to allow for all the glitches that will happen with the launch of HOT. Then let WvW take a week off in terms of Glicko scoring and restart the following Friday. This would give everyone, not just the few who got to do the beta tests, a chance to explore and understand the new maps.

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Please provide us with some reasoning for the Reset change.

Is this something that people have requested? I don’t think I’ve ever read any complaints or heard anyone mentioning that something was wrong with Fridays.
Surely, if this change is made to accommodate HoT release, it could only take place that week, and things could go back to normal afterwards.

It’s unlikely that I’ll ever make it to another reset night now, so this pointless change makes me sad.
It would be nice if things that aren’t broken are not being “fixed” all the time. The EotM-y vertical map was already enough. With this, I’m happy with my decision not to buy HoT.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

in WvW

Posted by: cajov.7805

cajov.7805

They wont provide a reason, that just opens them up for argumentation. Its far easier to just announce a change and ignore the player base until the rage calms down, EA tactics. C’mon guys, we’ve seen this before, haven’t we? None of us are unfamiliar with how they “experiment” with WvW for no reason. Is this really surprising? It’s not.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

My prediction is that that was the one and only time that dev visits the wvw forums before HoT releases and the changes are implemented, on the basis ’it’s too late to change anything now before release’.

Then we’ll get a CDI or a promise to look at it ‘when resources permit’.

Three years later nothing will have been done (except large numbers of complaint posts and even less wvw players still playing).

It’s quite clear where the focus is, just check out spvp forums (any other one, really) and compare the dialogue with devs they have there compared to the desert we have here.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I’m really curious if ANET will listen to feedback from people.