WvW and the Heart of Thorns Release

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Over 200 posts
Almost 16k views

Still no reply from anet, pathetic absolutely pathetic, is this what a forum is for? Anet stop with this ridiculous attitude of telling us how and when to play this game. I dont give a crap about pvp, fractals or raids I want to have wvw fights on a map of my choosing.

24hrs old is the post, many views many replies, but no answer from any dev.
If u change a reset day with a reason, let us know at least what the reason is.
Now it’s like guys we change the reset, have fun with it.
If there is no reason to change it, why the hell u change it then?

Thats what angers me the most, they are always silent on these stupid decisions, if they just come out and say well this is just a temporary thing for a week or 2 because of the expac release, well then its np. To make a sudden change like this with no input, or reason given, or even reply to such unanimous negative feedback. It really shows how little they think of their own gamemode and this playerbase.

You can rest assured that they won’t make a statement on a controversial issue until they’ve cleared it with their pr team and/or management.

@Anet you know you could really save yourself a lot of grief if you took a minute to explain why you’re making the change(s) you make when you announce them. I can’t fathom anyone at that company actually believed there wasn’t going to be a lot of negative reactions.

BG

in WvW

Posted by: araskell.9018

araskell.9018

I’m still waiting for a logical explanation for the reset day change. Please Anet, can you guys please shed some light in your decision? Please?

Lunas Deathwish | FA WvW – [BOMB]

in WvW

Posted by: Apfelcreme.5048

Apfelcreme.5048

I’m still waiting for a logical explanation for the reset day change. Please Anet, can you guys please shed some light in your decision? Please?

there is none.

Drapoleith – Guardian – Kodasch

in WvW

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

Over 200 posts
Almost 16k views

Still no reply from anet, pathetic absolutely pathetic, is this what a forum is for? Anet stop with this ridiculous attitude of telling us how and when to play this game. I dont give a crap about pvp, fractals or raids I want to have wvw fights on a map of my choosing.

Thats what angers me the most, they are always silent on these stupid decisions, if they just come out and say well this is just a temporary thing for a week or 2 because of the expac release, well then its np. To make a sudden change like this with no input, or reason given, or even reply to such unanimous negative feedback. It really shows how little they think of their own gamemode and this playerbase.

You can rest assured that they won’t make a statement on a controversial issue until they’ve cleared it with their pr team and/or management.

@Anet you know you could really save yourself a lot of grief if you took a minute to explain why you’re making the change(s) you make when you announce them. I can’t fathom anyone at that company actually believed there wasn’t going to be a lot of negative reactions.

That’s why they trotted out the Bad News Dev™ instead of the lead for WvW. This guy doesn’t have to log back into the forums until next time they change something for no reason at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Simzani.4318

Simzani.4318

1. Reset changed to saturday.
2. PVE map replace borderland.

RIP wvw. Thanks for nothing as usual arenanet.

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

@displayname

I don’t see how you could say that. The only reason people want it on friday is because of the score and people not playing because of the score. It’s all the score and the PPT nothing else.

Easy. Many play on reset, and don’t care about the score or ppt. They care about fights. The fights they want, aren’t available just before reset, and those fights are plenty after reset. WvW is not only about PPT. For many of us, WvW is at least a part of what we consider our ‘end game’. I couldn’t care less about the score or ppt. Sure, I take things, but I take things to get the fights I want, or if no fights are to be had, to help compensate the cost of the siege with loot. It’s boring without fights. Maybe you enjoy PvD and that’s the reason for having such a hard time understanding this? I don’t know. But PPT and score is not all there is to WvW, and matters only to the level of effort you want to put in to secure yourself in the tier that is better for your server. Push too much (really kitten filter? really? it’s okay above, but not here. consistency please… oh right…) on a server below t2, and you will inevitably get outmatched. As far as glicko cares, this is ideal as it helps secure your true rating, but to players, it’s horrible, but that’s a different discussion.

Suffice it to say, Those that love the fights at reset, don’t care about the ppt so much. Those that love to roam and havoc on Sat/Sun don’t necessarily care about ppt. As long as I get the fun I want, I sure don’t care about ppt. I don’t even care to run at reset, but this would still change how I enjoy the game, possibly more so, and all I’ve personally asked, is Why?

Edit: @ comments about pvp. Pvp isn’t really ‘balanced’ either. It’s closest in semblance to rock/paper/scissors, yes, but without the blind choice that makes that balanced. In large part, allowing the change of not just a build, but entire class upon seeing what the enemy is running allows effectively this: “Oh the enemy appears to be running 1 rock and 4 papers, so I’ll change from rock to scissors, to counter 4 of them and just avoid the 1 rock.” I’ll give credit, that takes a little knowledge, but that is hardly balanced, and not really fair to the other team. This isn’t even touching the whole issue many have with the pvp community and the behavior of far too many.
nty, I’d rather have wvw as, shockingly, I’ve witnessed far less toxicity there than in pvp. And may Dwayna and Kormir have mercy on your soul if you go in just to have fun and run something a little different.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

snip

This is why the Tiers should be designed differently to compensate for player preference.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Over 200 posts
Almost 16k views

That’s why they trotted out the Bad News Dev™ instead of the lead for WvW. This guy doesn’t have to log back into the forums until next time they change something for no reason at all.

The Bad News Dev… lol

BG

in WvW

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

and don’t forget the Bridge Sale Dev ..

“Hey you guys we have some exciting developments for you in the WvW fronts from HoT release. Tell us what we need to do to improve blah blah blah…
BTW, the pre-order is selling like a hot cake in a third world countries’ fish market …”

People are too serious of their knowledge.

in WvW

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Clearly, this is to improve the state of WvW. Think about it!

- Reset Night is changed, community goes into an uproar.
- Players that are most impacted, the OCX and SEA guys who lose essentially half the weekend, play less on the servers they represent.
- “Night-capping” on NA based servers drops significantly across the board, matches become tightly tuned on how timezones closer to NA play out..
- Close match-ups that normally would wind down on Friday before reset suddenly turn into overnight final pushes before the Saturday Reset.
- Arenanet successfully tricks us all that this was a good change as it deals with ‘Night-capping’ as they promised, and is a ‘breath of fresh air’ into how reset nights play out.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in WvW

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Listen yes – so much about ? (Doubtful)

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Relakos.6439

Relakos.6439

Yes, an explanation for this would be awesome as it seems like a terrible idea.

Relokas the Hammer | Tempest Wolves [TW]

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This isn’t just a bad thing for the players, it is a bad business decision as well. The fact that this change actually made it through what was probably several people at different levels within the company is scary.

A lot of their decisions come across to me exactly like this, so much so that I don’t think they have a robust review process at all.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

snip

This is why the Tiers should be designed differently to compensate for player preference.

It was left up to us, the players, to do so. And we did that to a large extent, especially in EU, but others upset that by their own preferences and actions. This was then amplified by the tournaments and free transfers, and later by the extreme high cost of transfers downward.

Also, there is no viable way to change the tiers to benefit one play style over another without preventing access in some way. Net result would likely be worse than doing nothing at all, anyways. As it stands, without changing tiers at all, without even changing the reset day, the new map and auto upgrades alone have the capability to have dramatic repercussions over the long term, but we’ll have to see how it plays out, and apparently, we’ll have to also deal with this change that we were not anticipating.

Yes, we’ve been waiting on HoT eagerly, but to have so much of what we consider our primary game mode changed in ways that do not look to be healthy at all.. well, just at a loss for words to keep expressing disappointment and frustration with everything, and have to sit looking for a glimmer of hope in a sea of cynicism.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

If you fear that the karma-friday become a karma-saturday, then it’s up to you real world versus world players to deny such request.
Defend structures, crash your zerg into the opposite karmatrain, hunt them until they log off or fight back.

I think you misunderstand the lack of care that occurs at the end of a match when the score is not close. Now at least no one will feel they are wasting gold on upgrades. There is still siege that will disappear because of reset.

Friday is already a joke UNTIL reset on NA servers. Now Friday will be like Thursday in that it will be a scramble for the 3rd server to not drop too much Glicko as the other two take the day off, and Saturday, ALL day will be a joke until 8pm CST. So THE day they have most of their WvW activity for the week becomes a big fat waste of time.

Brilliant move ANet, the genius behind your masterplan to make WvW players disappear is the height of wonder.

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I think that a Saturday night reset would devastate the WvW communities since it bifurcates the weekend into two.

Given that the night of reset typically is not a deciding factor currently (most of the matches are decided before that) I don’t see the point. Would moving it to Saturday night mean people struggle to pull the score ahead on Friday + Saturday? Probably not if the score gap is large.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

gg wvw

gg anet

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

All I can say is I want my money back for HoT. Doubt I’ll bother playing much with the new reset change since it’ll just be K-training.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Doesn’t this change make reset at a time where the weekend is pretty much over for SEA like early to late evening on Sunday? And mid afternoon for OCX?

Now from a NA side, wvw is pretty much winding down. Don’t see how this will help participation in those timezone. We will see. I am not optimistic about that.

Not sure which globe you’re basing this on, but OCX timezone is ahead of SEA. Sunday evening for SEA is pretty much midnight for OCX or close to it.

As an OCX/SEA player I personally don’t see any issue with this. Reset used to be Saturday morning for me. Now instead Saturday becomes ktrain day so I can just go out and enjoy the real world instead.

(edited by Nate.3927)

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

Will the Fri 23rd thru Sat (new) reset glicko rating update be pro-rated, or be calculated as if an entire week has taken place?

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hmm… john, are you perhaps lacking a red name tag that should rightfully be yours?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: John Corpening.9847

Previous

John Corpening.9847

Associate Game Director

Next

Hello All,

There are a couple of reasons for the change to reset time. One is for the overall quality of the game. The last few years we have been careful to not disrupt the WvW reset time but this has at times made it difficult for our team to address issues during reset day. This change will give our team an extra day of the week that they can use to respond to issues that may occur with WvW or any other area of the game if it is necessary. In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary.

Another reason is the emergent gameplay that has come from reset. It has become one of the most exciting times for WvW and we would really love for more players to have the opportunity to experience it. We have many more players logging in on Saturday than on Friday which means with this change many more people will be available to experience the rush of claiming objectives for their world during reset.

However, given the concerns posted here we will be moving the Saturday reset to earlier in the day to give most players the majority of the day to enjoy the start of the new match. Immediately after launch the new time will be 11am PDT / 2pm EDT (6 pm UTC) for NA and 11am BST / 12 pm CEST (10 am UTC) for EU. Keep in mind that the following week with the end of Daylight Savings Time / Summer Time the reset times will be pushed even earlier to 10am PST/ 1pm EST and 10am GMT / 11am CET.

Thank you for your feedback. We realize that no time we pick is going to work for everyone but this change is going to benefit even more players overall while at the same time giving us a little more breathing room to improve the quality of the game during the week.

Thanks,
John

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Hello All,

There are a couple of reasons for the change to reset time. One is for the overall quality of the game. The last few years we have been careful to not disrupt the WvW reset time but this has at times made it difficult for our team to address issues during reset day. This change will give our team an extra day of the week that they can use to respond to issues that may occur with WvW or any other area of the game if it is necessary. In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary.

Another reason is the emergent gameplay that has come from reset. It has become one of the most exciting times for WvW and we would really love for more players to have the opportunity to experience it. We have many more players logging in on Saturday than on Friday which means with this change many more people will be available to experience the rush of claiming objectives for their world during reset.

However, given the concerns posted here we will be moving the Saturday reset to earlier in the day to give most players the majority of the day to enjoy the start of the new match. Immediately after launch the new time will be 11am PDT / 2pm EDT (6 pm UTC) for NA and 11am BST / 12 pm CEST (10 am UTC) for EU. Keep in mind that the following week with the end of Daylight Savings Time / Summer Time the reset times will be pushed even earlier to 10am PST/ 1pm EST and 10am GMT / 11am CET.

Thank you for your feedback. We realize that no time we pick is going to work for everyone but this change is going to benefit even more players overall while at the same time giving us a little more breathing room to improve the quality of the game during the week.

Thanks,
John

Ignoring the fact this isnt an Anet account, that would be even worse. In the EU its in the evenings that people enjoy logging on (drunken friday being the evening). Middle of the day? Middle of lunch time?![/quote]

More play Saturday then Friday only because Friday players just Ktrain until reset and MOST will log at reset Friday and push hard during the night, and Saturday/Sunday.

Now you’ll see More will play “Sunday” then “Saturday”.
Also if wanting to push wvw to a different time/day why wasn’t Friday considered and just change the reset time to earlier in the day? Not to mention for fixing things, players shouldn’t have to deal with “reset” crashes and so on during the weekend.

Honestly Friday at a different time, would have been a better option. It’d also have allowed for the random fixes/patches/crashes to not be while everyone was home from work and ready to play. In addition it would not have cut a full day out of wvw’ing for some.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

ehh, friday was good for reset

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If that’s actually the reason for the change, it’s definitely not worth losing 16 or so hours out of every matchup every week.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You know what would give you even more breathing room? Release the PvE patches that has a tendancy to break WvW 24h earlier instead and leave WvW reset as is. The explanation is ridiculous and this new time even worse than an evening reset.

I think I would rather take broken WvW a couple of resets – its worked fine for 3 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Masteravatar.1509

Masteravatar.1509

Hi John,

Not sure if you read all the post but GW2 WvW does have other timezones ie OCX/SEA

“Immediately after launch the new time will be 11am PDT / 2pm EDT (6 pm UTC) for NA and 11am BST / 12 pm CEST (10 am UTC) for EU.”

If your OCX/SEA Customers are irrelivant as per your post then dont sell your product or services to those regions/countries.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Lol what a joke. Reset = 5am Sunday for OCX players and 2-3am Sunday for SEA players. Great job now 2 entire timezones probably won’t be able to play reset in addition to losing half the weekend of competitive WvW.

Double the eff you to SEA/OCX players.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

Now no one in EU gets to the reset. No more events and fun ????.

in WvW

Posted by: Masteravatar.1509

Masteravatar.1509

John,

WvW has the most players logged on for Reset – currently Friday “NA”

To quote you “We have many more players logging in on Saturday than on Friday”

You do realize this thread is about WvW

Are you saying kitten WvW as per usual ie this change is for pve,pvp ?

in WvW

Posted by: Fryggenbart.3907

Fryggenbart.3907

First thanks for your response, John.

I still did not really understand why it’s necessary to make a change at all.

I’m surprised to read that there are more players playing on Saturdays than on Fridays, since Saturday evenings always felt a bit empty in WvW.
My biggest concern with the Saturday evening reset time was that Saturday would become the same boring karmatrain mess that Friday currently is (and which causes many many players not to play WvW on Friday pre-reset). (Second problem is, that many guilds and servers built a structure with meetings and raids around reset over the last 3 years)

The new reset time on Saturday lunch time is in my opinion definitely better than Saturday evening, it promises a lot of action on Saturday afternoon. It surely has great potential to be a good time for the reset.
However I can completely understand that some people don’t like it, because of the fact that it might collide with having lunch with their families. Imagine the situation when half of the people who got into the map immediately take half an hour break to go to eat

I wish it could stay on Friday, but if I had to choose between Saturday evening and Saturday lunch time, I’d choose the latter.

TL;DR: Friday > Saturday lunch > Saturday evening. Change has potential to be fun, but there will be unhappy people.

Reta del Bratfish
Piken Square [EU]

(edited by Fryggenbart.3907)

in WvW

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Hello All,

Thanks,
John

Sorry. I have 1 little comment:

The small shift DOESN’T CUT IT!

IT STILL REMOVES AN EVENING! LEAVING LESS TIME to experience the first days of a new week.. Showing you directly this motivation is flawed! RESET is a chaotic day, a lot of the community guilds and wvw guilds made agreements on who could play at what time to make sure coverage was highest and people could get in, this goes VERY much for servers from t1 down to t5 in europe, though even servers low as t7 and 8 have basic agreements…….

Where are you going to put the people now playing in the 3 days most interesting days???
They want to play RESET now they’ll have 1 alternative evening and in some cases NO EVENING AT ALL !?! People will fight in communities for space on the servers…
More so even if a BIGGER part of the community will press for time on a reset on a day where MORE people are active
I doubt this will turn out to be a constructive change to WVW.

At the moment we have 3 days to play in the weekend (I’m in CET timezone, reset at 20:00 on friday) We have 4 full WvW maps. All weekend long from 16:00-23:00 . Even if you allowed 120 player /side instead of 80 now the new maps you’d still remove 200 places for evening gaming during the weekend. Most player play for HOURS at a time, not just to get a daily. Having to requeue will be a really bad experience again with long queues during saturdays and likely sundays, where atm sundays and saturdays are relatively accessible…

If a-net expects people to return with HoT (and they will); some, maybe many will take up WvW (again) and when a-net forces others to do content in WvW servers will make WvW maps horridly crowded during the soon to be 2 reset evenings.

Saying well as friday doesn’t matter’s anymore people can farm then would be a big kick in the face of the community, as is removing a full night of captivating gameplay in the weekend…

The first 3-4 days are the most interesting, only a few fights will last longer on a new week’s matchup. Leaving the last days for some training and some farming but in the end not for any interesting play from a PPT view, which is in the end the ONLY reason where WVW revolves around. Yes scrims, GvG are nice… for some and I doubt night capping vs only t3 objectives for hours in a row will be interesting…

I think it’s an unwise, unwelcome and unneccesary decision to shift reset wich is unthoughtfull, and unintelligent, even with all your theories it shows no affinity with the -present- WvW playerbase .

And this small “gesture” feels like: Oh sorry for steamrolling over you, here’s a bandaid. In this case where the WvW patient was misdiagnosed in the first place, and directly afterward in need of Intensive Care… A-net might not have killed their patient outright… but will at least cause major complications… For some members incurable and possibly fatal.

I still vote for fridays!

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Hello All,

This doesn’t offer anything. We can’t be bothered getting up at 5AM to play reset ever. This was one event we were able to enjoy with the wider NA community and you have simply wrecked it. The reasons provided are pretty lame anyway.

Someone rightly said…ANET has truly earned the title “EA 2.0”.

in WvW

Jerry CCH.9816

SEA guild reset time : 2am sunday !! (GMT+8)

nice kill wvw . thx anet

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

If you want to move around the reset time, make it Friday Reset Time (now) minus 1-2-3h, not quaggan Saturday… QUAGGAN YOU ANET!

(Note: Quaggan > kitten )

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Click the + if you agree with this post.

New Change in my opinion will change the tone of WvW Match-Ups to:

1-FRI – Hammer the Weakest Link

Influx of Players get on because it’s the weekend…and reset hasn’t occurred yet. The Weakest World Server gets hammered by this weekend influx crowd.

2-SAT – WvW Reset – Stomp the Weakest Link

Players unfortunate to be on the Weakest World…after Friday’s influx of players…now face a Saturday Stomp.

3-SUN – Roles Defined

800 Pound Gorilla, Chimp, and Weakest Link. Worlds will play off each other to try and avoid being the Weakest Link.

4-MON – Pecking Order

Worlds Falls in Line & continue to play off each other’s role

Only option for Weakest Link World

Stop Fighting for the week & Fall in their Tier Rank.

in WvW

Jerry CCH.9816

NA server no mush EU guild

let’s push up 6 hours before ""

Let SEA time start reset !!!

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Anet do you not know what reset means to servers? Its not just a rolling over for the week. Its when servers/guilds etc form up with excitement to start up a new match, its when the most people participate in wvw, its when there is the most action in wvw. Dont you think you should actually learn something about it and the community instead of just relying on numbers/metrics to implement ridiculously bad ideas? Seriously the cluelessness is off the charts.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Algerius.5238

Algerius.5238

Hello All,

Thanks,
John

12 CEST reset? You must be joking.

Why would you do a reset during the friggin morning. You literally don’t give a toss about the core of wvw players, they are the ones that keep this game mode without updates and with all your BS events alive and you are turning the back on them.

Shame on you.

in WvW

Posted by: Patterns.9067

Patterns.9067

Well haven’t you screwed over reset for certain timezones now, being an an OCX player i’ll never be able to do reset with my guild again, reset being the most fun time for myself and alot of other ppl, thank goodness I haven’t bought the expansion yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Fryggenbart.3907

Fryggenbart.3907

Can you please all speak in a civilized tone and try to tone down your rage mode?
Even I as a player just roll my eyes and ignore every post that sounds like it’s written by someone who’s just rageing.

Please, try to be productive and find a solution and offer alternatives to satisfy even the SEA players.

Reta del Bratfish
Piken Square [EU]

in WvW

X T D.6458

Can you please all speak in a civilized tone and try to tone down your rage mode?
Even I as a player just roll my eyes and ignore every post that sounds like it’s written by someone who’s just rageing.

Please, try to be productive and find a solution and offer alternatives to satisfy even the SEA players.

We have a right to be angry about this idiocy. Nobody wants to be told how or when to play and have their weekend gaming ruined. Or have your gaming schedule completely wrecked now because of this terrible idea.

in WvW

Mishi.7058

We have a right to be angry about this idiocy. Nobody wants to be told how or when to play and have their weekend gaming ruined. Or have your gaming schedule completely wrecked now because of this terrible idea.

Not to mention the terrible idea being stated AFTER many bought the HoT update.
True you didn’t need HoT to play new wvw maps, however many gave Anet the benefit of the doubt, to be stabbed again.

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

Posted by: Algerius.5238

Algerius.5238

Not to mention the terrible idea being stated AFTER many bought the HoT update.
True you didn’t need HoT to play new wvw maps, however many gave Anet the benefit of the doubt, to be stabbed again.

This so much, pay your preorder now so we can stab you right in the back.

in WvW

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Hello All,

There are a couple of reasons for the change to reset time. One is for the overall quality of the game. The last few years we have been careful to not disrupt the WvW reset time but this has at times made it difficult for our team to address issues during reset day. This change will give our team an extra day of the week that they can use to respond to issues that may occur with WvW or any other area of the game if it is necessary. In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary

….

Thanks,
John

Confused. Is reset still a manual process? Otherwise why would it need people monitoring the game at reset time?
If this is about the new game client and whatnot, why not release it on Tuesday or Thursday and leave score reset for Friday night? Reset was on Friday for such a long time that moving it out to later during the weekend is breaking a lot of scheduled.

It’s kinda like taking Friday Night football and moving it to Saturday Morning.
Please leave it alone.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Well boy what a coincidence all this bad news salv nerf, bad wvw “ideas” a week before hot hits gee I wonder why now? Maybe its a well we dont care now you paid for it already attitude it seems to me gg EAnet.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Hello All,

Thanks,
John

There is no logic at all in this.

You say you want more people to experience WvW. In T1, maps are qued. So, how are you going to get more people to experience WvW? Maps will be qued reset on Friday or Saturday. It doesn’t matter when reset is. Maps will always be qued. If a lower tier doesn’t have qued maps, then they won’t have qued maps if its Saturday. That just has to do with having a lower population. So, this argument is invalid.

You say you hear our concerns in this thread. However, this new time further alienates OCX players. Not only will they have very little fighting on Friday, and just K-trains on Saturday, but reset will be in the 2-4 am area for them on Sunday. So, now, they will be missing out on reset. And they still have the issue of only having one day of play time in which they can’t stay up late as the vast majority of the planet has work or shcool on Monday morning.

Furthermore, if you wanted to have reset times on a weekday for monitoring purposes, or whatever internal things you do, fine. But you say things are pretty good right now, so there doesn’t need to be as much attention given to the internal happenings that center around reset. So, why move it? I understand this is proving that you can, but just because you can, should you?

I’m normally resectful to dev posts, and apppreciate the communication you guys provide, but I call BS on this. You guys are just clueless. That, or there’s something else going on here internally. There has to be, as the decision to change reset makes no common sense whatsoever. For example, you want WvWers to get out of WvW and play the new PvE content you guys have such a kitten for. Or, maybe you want more of us to PvP, like many of the joking / paranoid previous posts have stated. I only see this as a disincentive to play WvW on Fridays. No one asked for it. There’s a huge backlash against it.

As I’m writing this, I just informed this new time to an OCX guildie. She’s one of the sweetest people I’ve ever known. She really doesn’t think she’s going to buy the expansion now. I already have, and this makes me sad.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: Twiggy Stick.9367

Twiggy Stick.9367

This is quite concerning for a non NA/EU player, making resets harder to play as of now. Not to mention, reset raid night for Oceanic players like myself, would now be a Sunday night, with people having commitments on the following Monday. All in all it’s quite distressing to see this change coming in HoT

Cort.

(edited by Twiggy Stick.9367)

in WvW

X T D.6458

The last thing wvw needs is to lose OCX/SEA players, every server wants them, why are you trying to alienate them and drive them away?

in WvW

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

I didnt think it was possible but OCX/SEA players just got the middle finger twice

If youre afraid of a patch messing with WvW, how about actually testing the patch internally multiple times before releasing it into the wild? Anet has a terribad track record with that specifically

Also your post should probably read “We have more NA players logging in on Saturday”, but who cares because they already had Friday to contribute to the rush?

You are still screwing over a large percent of the WvW player base with a change NOBODY is rallying for.

Dont fix whats not broken

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?