WvW and the Heart of Thorns Release

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Keep it civil people. I’m not pleased by this either but rage posts change nothing, and make it even less likely feedback will be taken into account in the future.

Keep criticism constructive or don’t bother.

Maybe some suggestions on a good time to have reset? If we assume that for whatever reasons it needs to be held on a Saturday NA.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Relying on metrics rather then firsthand experience, this is why so many consider them clueless

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: thatmaskedman.4508

thatmaskedman.4508

Hello John,

The reason that Saturday is much more active than Friday is that people are at work until Friday evening. Also, the last few hours of a match in WvW rarely matter for server placement, and as such are considered dead time by the majority of WvW players, with many people not bothering to log in even if they are available, and not in WvW even if they are logged in.

Thursday or Friday evening prime is the perfect time for reset, people can come home from work for the weekend and go straight into the action of reset during their normal play hours. Saturday reset harms all timezones and gives much less weekend play time during the most active part of a match, and afternoon reset is a poor choice as well since many people are busy doing things during the daytime.

If you want to help recruit PvE players into WvW, we do too. We’re the ones out on the front lines doing most of it, trying to keep the population up and the game mode alive through three years of neglect. It would greatly help us recruit those PvE players and keep WvW alive if ANet would stop getting in our way with ill-advised initiatives like arbitrary transfer locks and changing the time of the most important weekly event in WvW without even getting our advice first.

In short, I feel like changing the reset time is a solution in search of a problem borne of poor data analysis and inexperience with how the game mode is actually being played.

If it would help to get direct feedback from some actual WvW players, the server leadership of Blackgate would be happy to happy to sit down and discuss this, and I’m sure that we could scare up most of the leadership from the other servers in the upper NA tiers as well.

[REV] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Vieteriukko.6075

Vieteriukko.6075

I don’t see any chance that our guild could continue reset raids after this change goes live. You have sacrificed our WEEKLY CARNIVAL to gain what?

in WvW

Posted by: iTzChaOs.2034

iTzChaOs.2034

no love, all is vain

200k WvW kills
Champion Illusionist Paragon Magus Genius Shadow Ritualist

in WvW

Posted by: Marseee.2938

Marseee.2938

Slightly better, works out better for me personally as I’m from EU playing on NA BUT we do not have a massive EU presence and there are not a lot of players on at this time. Why would you want to more reset to a timezone when maybe 1 map will get a queue?

I’m sure most people would rather take a couple of hiccups during resets than missing them completely/dead resets due to reset time changes.

Please leave it Friday, I don’t even get to participate in reset due to my timezone and can see why it should stay! I don’t want to miss Saturday morning raids.

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

First thanks for your response, John.

John, like Fryggenbart said, I want to thank you sincerely for taking the time to explain to the Fire-breathing Horde that the WvW community is (me included ) what your reasons were for the reset change. Even though some of us still like to “roast-a-dev” no matter what, many of us witch-burners do appreciate what you’ve said even if we don’t exactly “like” it.

With that said, I want to fully agree with what Fryggenbart said here below as this is exactly what I was hoping for – a compromise !

The new reset time on Saturday lunch time is in my opinion definitely better than Saturday evening, it promises a lot of action on Saturday afternoon. It surely has great potential to be a good time for the reset.

And like he said, this is also my feeling towards the overall assessment of the topic:

Friday > Saturday lunch > Saturday evening. Change has potential to be fun, but there will be unhappy people.

Lastly, I would ask that you and your dev teams please consider taking a measurement of the change in a couple/few weeks. If it’s not been an improvement, then please consider revisiting the topic and keeping the door open to reverting it back to Friday night (or to something else).

Again, thank you for your time and explanation!

Cheers!

Moonlight [THRU]

(edited by Krypto.2069)

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

12 CEST reset? Seriously ???
I have been in every single reset since day one of this game, from now on i’ll never see any reset, because at 12 CEST i’m still at work.
I’m speechless, idk what to say right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Priest Tully.3798

Priest Tully.3798

Playing on an NA server in the EU timezone, the new reset time is in the middle of our prime-time. So I’m not complaining anymore. Nice work Anet!

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

This seems even worse than Saturday night reset.

in WvW

Posted by: robotempire.2451

robotempire.2451

“We really love the emergent gameplay around reset, so we’re gonna change kitten all around randomly and disrupt it.”

I have a funny story. You know why reset is so “emergent gameplay”-y? BECAUSE IT’S ON FRIDAY EVENING. I was behind the move to Saturday evening, but this makes absolutely no sense.

Also, the players who are on at this 11am PST timeframe could still join WvW with Friday evening reset. But they didn’t. Why? Because they don’t give a crap about WvW. They don’t like the lag or whatever. They don’t like PVP.

Like I seriously do not understand you, ArenaNet.

in WvW

Posted by: Eirh.1439

Eirh.1439

Even ignoring the valid criticism from SEA or OCX players, I don’t think that putting the reset in the morning hours for a majority of their players is promoting a healthy or humane game design. Many WvW players already tend to play for extremely long times in a session, only stopping on a reset when they go to sleep. I really fear that changing it to the morning hours will get a lot of people to play all day.

I know it sounds patronizing, but video game addiction is a serious thing and I think especially MMO developers need to consider what effect these kinds of changes have on their players, because getting people to play the game all day just isn’t healthy for them.

Semper Concordia [SC]
Abaddons Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

I don’t see any chance that our guild could continue reset raids after this change goes live.

+1
If you want guilds raiding on reset it needs to be in the evening. Noone is going to have raid at 11 am.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Is it me or does this new time change seem like a passive aggressive, “Oh yeah well take this!” from the Dev’s????

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

X T D.6458

Is it me or does this new time change seem like a passive aggressive, “Oh yeah well take this!” from the Dev’s????

Lol, no its not just you

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

What a complete and utter joke anet. Why do you think Saturday’s have more population? Because no-one plays on a Friday before reset unless running around k training. You have now just turned Friday night and Saturday morning into a glorified k train.

The WvW community that has stuck with you changing things for the worse regardless of our opinions will still be here stuck with this crap reset time. All your new players and the PvE crowd that flood WvW and are one the main reasons WvW turns into a k train won’t stick around longer than a month or 2 once they have what they need.

We love Friday night reset – all time zones are able to participate and you get the best competition. What about all of us that have Saturday jobs, have families or you know actually like getting in from work on a Friday, cracking open a beer and then cracking open some skulls in game. kitten right tempted to demand a refund on expansion and kitten to anything you offer may aswell go f2p instead of funding you to keep annoying the majority of us.

It’s just beyond belief how detached you guys are from the WvW scene…..

And just to add, the only reason you are doing this is to give you more time to fix bugs and glitches that YOU guys implement due to poor coding or insufficient testing beforehand. Absolutely fuming!

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

(edited by Ins.7139)

in WvW

Posted by: Leopardclaw.4258

Leopardclaw.4258

I was concerned to see WvW reset moved to Saturday. The Friday night tradition being moved after 3 years? Was going to be an odd feeling to wait another day, and to have Friday as the new “dead day” for WvW (Friday is the best day for reset high activity imo). I feel that Thursday reset would have actually been a better move, if any.

Completely disappointed to see it erased from my schedule altogether because of this recent time change. This means no more “reset night” preparation and anticipation for much of NA. No more race to get in the gate.

Please reconsider the time change! Keep it as it was!

Pugmander & Altaholic | CoSA Blue | Youtube
Asheni Leopardclaw | SBI | SF | Asheni Leopardclaws

(edited by Leopardclaw.4258)

in WvW

Posted by: Roid.6832

Roid.6832

Hello All,

There are a couple of reasons for the change to reset time. One is for the overall quality of the game. The last few years we have been careful to not disrupt the WvW reset time but this has at times made it difficult for our team to address issues during reset day. This change will give our team an extra day of the week that they can use to respond to issues that may occur with WvW or any other area of the game if it is necessary. In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary.

Another reason is the emergent gameplay that has come from reset. It has become one of the most exciting times for WvW and we would really love for more players to have the opportunity to experience it. We have many more players logging in on Saturday than on Friday which means with this change many more people will be available to experience the rush of claiming objectives for their world during reset.

However, given the concerns posted here we will be moving the Saturday reset to earlier in the day to give most players the majority of the day to enjoy the start of the new match. Immediately after launch the new time will be 11am PDT / 2pm EDT (6 pm UTC) for NA and 11am BST / 12 pm CEST (10 am UTC) for EU. Keep in mind that the following week with the end of Daylight Savings Time / Summer Time the reset times will be pushed even earlier to 10am PST/ 1pm EST and 10am GMT / 11am CET.

Thank you for your feedback. We realize that no time we pick is going to work for everyone but this change is going to benefit even more players overall while at the same time giving us a little more breathing room to improve the quality of the game during the week.

Thanks,
John

By making this change you are completely neglecting the player base of OCX and SEA players.

Oxein – SOS [TS]

in WvW

Posted by: Smoke.9273

Smoke.9273

This change does not make much sense, Arenanet.
It really fuels the idea that noone of you actually plays WvW (consistent, as main gamemode). If you had, you would have known about the ritual that is reset on Friday’s evening (EU) and would at least have thought to poll before announcing/implementing a change to it.
As people already said, if you merely check your metrics (without understanding the dynamics of a match-up/community) you might very well get a wrong idea about activity. The activity you see in numbers is influenced by a variety of dynamics; dynamics you do not seem to grasp and which do not purely have to do with avaiability.
I add my voice to those that think reset should stay on Fridays.

Riay
Fused with my Shroud

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

11am? Usually I’m not even awake at that time… You know, weekend, sleeping in and stuff like that… There are gonna be lots of grumpy people who are still half asleep during reset…

in WvW

Posted by: lolitsage.2185

lolitsage.2185

It all makes sense now…. they can’t fix the OCX/SEA population so why not drive them away?
They’ve solved the puzzle!

in WvW

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

Hello All,

There are a couple of reasons for the change to reset time. One is for the overall quality of the game. The last few years we have been careful to not disrupt the WvW reset time but this has at times made it difficult for our team to address issues during reset day. This change will give our team an extra day of the week that they can use to respond to issues that may occur with WvW or any other area of the game if it is necessary. In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary.

Another reason is the emergent gameplay that has come from reset. It has become one of the most exciting times for WvW and we would really love for more players to have the opportunity to experience it. We have many more players logging in on Saturday than on Friday which means with this change many more people will be available to experience the rush of claiming objectives for their world during reset.

However, given the concerns posted here we will be moving the Saturday reset to earlier in the day to give most players the majority of the day to enjoy the start of the new match. Immediately after launch the new time will be 11am PDT / 2pm EDT (6 pm UTC) for NA and 11am BST / 12 pm CEST (10 am UTC) for EU. Keep in mind that the following week with the end of Daylight Savings Time / Summer Time the reset times will be pushed even earlier to 10am PST/ 1pm EST and 10am GMT / 11am CET.

Thank you for your feedback. We realize that no time we pick is going to work for everyone but this change is going to benefit even more players overall while at the same time giving us a little more breathing room to improve the quality of the game during the week.

Thanks,
John

Since WvW is as stable as you say and you want to move the reset time to a weekend time slot, why not allow the WvW community to vote on a new time slot?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

So more people play on Saturday, did you ever think to figure out why? Oh that’s right, they’re working or going to school for most of Friday. DUH !!!!!!!!!! Seriously, how hard is it to figure that out? Another reason Saturday outshines Friday is that by Friday most matches are set as to who is going to win and therefore a lot of people are taking time away from the game to get ready to……. wait for it…. play on Saturday when there are fights to be had and the things you do can make a difference in the final standings.

This whole situation harkens back to the proposed change to WvW reset times when they wanted it to reset early in the day on Friday so EU could have their reset in the evening for them. People complained and Anet had to back off and make it so that EU and NA had different reset times.

The unsound reasoning Anet is using to make this change shows that they truly do not care about their wvw player base and just want to make changes for their sake and not for the sake of their players.

Leave reset time where it is now. It’s worked for 3 years.

in WvW

Posted by: Jerry CCH.9816

Jerry CCH.9816

2am for sea !!!!! hahaha

reset at EU time ?

why not NA and EU server get different reset time ?

NA have no people do EU time reset !!!

Anet plz \0.0/

winnie@BlackGate

in WvW

X T D.6458

Whats really disturbing is they find “guild claiming” to be an exciting rush…cuz clicking on an npc and then that other click….overwhelming….

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Playing on an NA server in the EU timezone, the new reset time is in the middle of our prime-time. So I’m not complaining anymore. Nice work Anet!

Maybe that is their plan… Sacrifice EU for the good of NA.

They are like the parents that know exactly whats good for you and tell you how to do everything… When you are 40 years old and living in another country.

Some has mentioned that this new timing is a “compromise”.

No.

A compromise is an agreement two parties reach together when they dispute something. There is no dispute about this. The customer is always right and I think a vast majority want reset night to stay as it is. Anything other than that and Anet is dictating the change.

If a majority wanted a change, a compromise would be another matter.

in WvW

Posted by: Darksoul.6310

Darksoul.6310

Alright time to go back to Hello Kitty Online I guess, wont be making it for resets any more with these times.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

wow
/15 more wows

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: BrazenNL.9857

BrazenNL.9857

Stupidest change ever.

This just proves how out of touch you are with your player base. But, hey, WvW players are actually PVEers, right? You said it, and now I’m convinced you actually meant it.

in WvW

Posted by: Amaranth.2517

Amaranth.2517

Please keep EU reset time for friday evening. It is time when people have (drunken after work) fun in this game. We understand reason, but at the end game is developed for gamers not for developers.

in WvW

Posted by: Masteravatar.1509

Masteravatar.1509

Hi Arnet,

What is the benefit from this change to the “WvW Community/Customer Base?”

in WvW

Posted by: YuffStar.7280

YuffStar.7280

this is sad to see.
imo the best time for a reset was friday night. we could conquer whilst our families were asleep in our own fortresses. and if this was fun, we could continue the next two evenings.
rolling this to saturday noon not only robs us of a great start into a new challenge. it also robs us of one day playtime, because seriously nobody logs in on a saturday morning to defend or conquer. only the hardcorest of em all, and we all know, that’s not your player base.
i see this working in the beginnings, but after a while players will stop giving their precious time for this.

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

The funny thing is, reset time will be for EU people way better on NA servers than on actual EU servers.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

What a complete and utter joke anet. Why do you think Saturday’s have more population? Because no-one plays on a Friday before reset unless running around k training. You have now just turned Friday night and Saturday morning into a glorified k train.

The WvW community that has stuck with you changing things for the worse regardless of our opinions will still be here stuck with this crap reset time. All your new players and the PvE crowd that flood WvW and are one the main reasons WvW turns into a k train won’t stick around longer than a month or 2 once they have what they need.

We love Friday night reset – all time zones are able to participate and you get the best competition. What about all of us that have Saturday jobs, have families or you know actually like getting in from work on a Friday, cracking open a beer and then cracking open some skulls in game. kitten right tempted to demand a refund on expansion and kitten to anything you offer may aswell go f2p instead of funding you to keep annoying the majority of us.

It’s just beyond belief how detached you guys are from the WvW scene…..

And just to add, the only reason you are doing this is to give you more time to fix bugs and glitches that YOU guys implement due to poor coding or insufficient testing beforehand. Absolutely fuming!

Me and Ins as most of Desolation know rarely agree on anything… but I agree with everything he says …… This change makes absolutely no sense. Perhaps you should actually try playing the game instead of breaking it every single time you do a patch. Or perhaps at least consult with those people that actually play WvW instead of just looking at numbers on a screen.

If numbers are all you base decisions on instead of actually speaking to those loyal WvW players who have stuck with it through good times and bad times (and ets face it… we struggle to think of any good times) then you keep watching those numbers… watch them drop away until the WvW game mode dies out because you have shown nothing but contempt for those same players.

There is only so much players will put up with before they start voting with their feet.. a lot have probably stayed with GW2 in anticipation that the new expansion might actually bring something new for them.. something better. Sadly it seems we are wrong.

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

imo, solo roamers are gonna have a field day with this.

wake up, get in q, get lunch, look for the rookies and give them a hard lesson in ‘why you shouldnt take an uplvl into a border’ or ‘welcome to the killbox’

doesnt really affect a lot of weekend workers and it means i get to miss the weekend warriors who try to make me play the game how ‘the community (3 guilds)’ decide we need to play.

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

in WvW

Posted by: Bearer of Burden.4621

Bearer of Burden.4621

I hate myself for buying HoT already.
Now I cant vote with my money by not buying.

in WvW

Posted by: Manvaeris.9857

Manvaeris.9857

The new time is much better in my opinion! Not the best solution, but a compromise. However I feel sorry for SEA players.

I still wonder why a reset during the week is not an option? Wednesday or Thursday would be good reset days as 1-2 days before reset matches are already decided. IMO it would be even better than Friday, since there is only karmatrain until reset.

An argument against Wednesday/Thursday is, that there are less people playing WvW, but instead we would have a whole weekend to play and to have great fights. We can still celebrate the start of the weekend by organizing friday night like we do now. Having a whole weekend to play makes up for maybe not being able to participate on every reset. What do you guys think?

Elementalist of [Salt] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: vizar.6342

vizar.6342

Making a reset in the middle of the day or in the morning, even if it is a Saturday doesn’t make much sense.
I don’t know for the other servers, but i guess it is much same than ours but to do a reset in WvW you need people and commanders. You need organisation and coordination. Maybe, you are not aware Anet but the above is done through community gather up and decision. The actual Reset time enable us to have this gathering right before the Reset thus having most of our community aware and intent on its coming.
Moreover, usually guild will lead one of the border so that people can join the fun with an organised group as a backbone. And guess what what: guild gathering is usually better done in the evening. The other posts from other time zone players clearly show that we, WvW players, will lose some our camarades if the reset is done on a Saturday (whatever the time is).
As a commander leading usually on reset, I can already say that moving the reset to midday/morning 1. will remove some of our commanders availablity and 2. remove our gathering strength as a community. Thus leading to no Reset Event at all.
My 2cents on how to avoid our WvW to get worse than it is already: do not change the reset day. If you want to make patches and such make them on Tuesday so you have the week to sort them out.
Let us continue to have our fights and fun all together during 2 full days of week-end. Don’t screw this please.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Hooray! Trust Anet to make a change that in response to wvw concerns that is EVEN WORSE than the first effort.

It’s clear there are more people on playing on a Saturday- by which he means pve players. I guess they are hoping more of them will join in the new karma train maps that BL will be.

10am Saturday morning for a reset..let’s see, how many will be able to organise guilds to get up, do your housework, organise your kids, and be ready for the meeting at 9am planning where everyone is going. Reset will become rubbish.

Yep, you guessed it, not a lot, which means reset becomes noob friendly and we’ll see a pile of pve players wondering around wasting supplies, ignoring comms, not on ts, and doing whatever it is they want to do in order to achieve whatever it is they need for the blessed legendary precursor.

Please Anet, leave it where it is, none of your reasons are applicable down here in the wvw world, where Friday night is by far the best time to reset as it starts the weekend off with a bang.

Saturday reset just means a lot more players playing something else Friday rather than karma train on a dead rubber day (or in your plan, fill it with pve players running around like headless chickens).

For once, Anet, try asking wvw players before you throw this kitten at us and avoid losing what’s left of the wvw community- after all, one day when you realise you’ve wasted time and money on spvp trying to make it an esport and failed, you might realise wvw and gvg game modes were the way to go and by then there will be nothing left.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Enjoy the queue times…

in WvW

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Hello All,

Thanks,
John

I’ll put it this way, your post is contradict with WvW experience and I’ll explain why:

• 1).STRAWPOLL FOR John’s homework John, for beginning, I’ve asked people on reddit and here on forum about it, it’s basically what YOU could have done the same. So i did it for you http://strawpoll.me/5736600/r here are the results.
  • 2). FACT OF WVW Yes you have more logs on Saturdays, but where? Not in WvW, but in all over Tyria(GW2 mega servers). We WvW guild leaders/co-leaders have our own years of statistics of WvW, and I can tell you we are facing 80% less WvW attendance then other days of the week. Just logging in for 5 min to get your WvW daily doesn’t count. Our statistics also shows that on saturdays we have 20-30 less experienced regular people on tag and we get more upscaled and rank under silver who cannot follow the tag and ever worse connect to TeamSpeak, this leaves us very quickly with 25-35 people on tag who fail to accomplish simple tasks, and those that are Regular WvW players don’t show up until afternoon-evening that’s also why for example Gandara or Desolution(before last month mass inflation) have this issue where commanders simply don’t tag up due to this issue.
  • 3) ALREADY EXISTING QUEUES From gaming experience, I would love to ask HOW, would you want to give people chance to experience WvW Reset, while T1-3 servers ALWAYS have at least 40+ queue just on EB reset day and borders face queue between 10-20 man, and if you miss the split second or you get a disconnect, you’ll face sitting in queue for minimum 60-120 minutes, and with Saturday resets, in your theory we will face over 100+ queue on servers. But that’s false assumption described why in point 1).
  • 4) DOES 1 DAY SHIFT COUNT?More time to fix things after Patch. I honestly don’t know who exactly are you trying to convince into that, because WvW experience says other ways, nothing was ever fixed on time, and +1 day won’t fix it either, why? I don’t blame you guys, I know it’s hard, but if WvW had issue, things were fixed in time frame between 1 week or 3 months. The only thing about WvW that I can shoutout is Quick fix of server drop out, sorry anet, that’s the only thing that was fixed from your side in matter of hours, and you can’t be ready on that, no one does, and we understand you. Extra day here won’t fix anything, and you guys that play WvW know that.
    Just remember the golem rush issue:
    - Event was over before you guys managed to fix golem buff abuse.
    - It took you 3 days to fix. “i see every one on them map, including enemy tags and players BUG”
    - After 3 years, we can still place catapults on UN-KILL-ABLE positions in klovan inside the wall.
    - It took you 1 week before you were able to remove bug where displaying Chinese-dragon-year event items in map chat would make you disconnect from the game if you preview/click on it.
    - It took you 3 years of rubber bending skills before minor changes were applied. And you guys took 3 months to measure data, and + 3 months to apply that results, which leaves us with 6 months of fixing an issue. After 6 months we don’t mind if you would take 1 extra day.
  • 5) SERVER ISSUES Owh I’ve forgot to mention, fixes to rubber-bending were not fully fixed. EB is still facing huge rubber-bends in prime times and not just resets on (we are currently on T3 server and yet we experience the same issues). Things are slightly better when it comes to SM fights, but i wouldn’t dare to call that a fix myself, it’s more likely a stitch.
  • 6) MUTUAL AGREEMENT: Hundreds of guilds are making weekly meetings with leaders to make sure every thing is covered, we organize more then in other game modes here in GW2, I’ll also say it, Friday gives fresh start to have amazing Saturday and Sunday. This shift will cut us for 16-24hours of enjoyment. RESET itself, became comparable with country anatheme, it’s more then jsut a song, it’s something that you are proud and kitteny about! Can you change country anatheme just like that? I bet you don’t, it would lose respect of your people, and sorry John, we feel offended, like it’s not enough that we suffered 3 years with unplayable game mode at peaks, now this? Well all i can say is, _I wish you would understand us at least once._
  • 7) PLOT TWIST Also, lets be honest for a moment, it’s all about release day 23th friday for you guys.
    You want every one to be in Jungle on that day but the funny plot twist is, true WvW players like me, will play WvW on that day. Temporary reset day shift with exception this week would be fine and acceptable, no one would care that much, but permanently shifting it still make no sense to those that are dedicated WvW players, and we know how WvW fixes and updates are.

Nothing is done in 1 extra day, sorry we have history of WvW behind us.

Shout out for devs that try hard to fix things, we know you guys are working on it as much as you can, we are just sad that changes are there, where we don’t need them.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

wow Anet, you are so detached from the wishes of your players base that it is no longer even funny. Seriously do you have a monday morning “How we gonna kitten up WvW this week” meeting?

Absolutely terrible reset timings. Looks like my last reset raid has passed

in WvW

Posted by: DarkusRogue.3027

DarkusRogue.3027

Don’t understand why you’re changing it when it’s been the same for so long. Why the need for change now? Terrible decision if you ask me.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Steve Carrell says no.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: ctc.6827

ctc.6827

This is the dumbest decision anet has ever done EVER. Completely destroyed any OCX/SEA players who play reset. Now the WvW population is going to be LOWER. How can ANET be so out of touch with their playerbase. So dumb

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

Hello All,

Hi John, thank you for taking the time to share your reasoning with us, something you’re not obligated to do.

However, I have to question the timing of this reset change and the (partial) reason for it.

You are about to lauch HoT in a week, and with it the new Borderlands map, including lots of new mechanics. There are always issues when launching new content, possibly gamebreaking ones. By implementing this change now, you’re guaranteeing that you can’t take action until after the weekend, potentially ruining the launch of a whole gamemode.

By changing the times again you’ve effectively excluded SEA/Ocx players completely, where they could play reset before. It’s admirable that you want more players to experience reset, but the previous time was set so that everyone had a shot at it over the majority of timezones. The current change ditches that in favour of offering more casual NA players room to experience reset over your established SEA/Ocx players who have supported the game since launch.

Are we acceptable losses in favour of larger reset queues?

Pix

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Hello All,
We realize that no time we pick is going to work for everyone but this change is going to benefit even more players overall while at the same time giving us a little more breathing room to improve the quality of the game during the week.

It is only your selfish desire to have the extra time. There is no appreciation in this thread. Not sure who those even more players are who are going to benefit; OH WAIT, it is the PvE dudes who will get more WvW players playing with them on weekends as nothing to do in WvW. Right, it is all about PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

atleast they didn’t buff arrow cart damage….

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Reset always get more players so moving it to Saturday feel wrong, move it to Thursday instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Hello All,

Thanks,
John

I’ll put it this way, your post is contradict with WvW experience and I’ll explain why:

• 1).STRAWPOLL FOR John’s homework John, for beginning, I’ve asked people on reddit and here on forum about it, it’s basically what YOU could have done the same. So i did it for you http://strawpoll.me/5736600/r here are the results.
  • 2). FACT OF WVW Yes you have more logs on Saturdays, but where? Not in WvW, but in all over Tyria(GW2 mega servers). We WvW guild leaders/co-leaders have our own years of statistics of WvW, and I can tell you we are facing 80% less WvW attendance then other days of the week. Just logging in for 5 min to get your WvW daily doesn’t count. Our statistics also shows that on saturdays we have 20-30 less experienced regular people on tag and we get more upscaled and rank under silver who cannot follow the tag and ever worse connect to TeamSpeak, this leaves us very quickly with 25-35 people on tag who fail to accomplish simple tasks, and those that are Regular WvW players don’t show up until afternoon-evening that’s also why for example Gandara or Desolution(before last month mass inflation) have this issue where commanders simply don’t tag up due to this issue.
  • 3) ALREADY EXISTING QUEUES From gaming experience, I would love to ask HOW, would you want to give people chance to experience WvW Reset, while T1-3 servers ALWAYS have at least 40+ queue just on EB reset day and borders face queue between 10-20 man, and if you miss the split second or you get a disconnect, you’ll face sitting in queue for minimum 60-120 minutes, and with Saturday resets, in your theory we will face over 100+ queue on servers. But that’s false assumption described why in point 1).
  • 4) DOES 1 DAY SHIFT COUNT?More time to fix things after Patch. I honestly don’t know who exactly are you trying to convince into that, because WvW experience says other ways, nothing was ever fixed on time, and +1 day won’t fix it either, why? I don’t blame you guys, I know it’s hard, but if WvW had issue, things were fixed in time frame between 1 week or 3 months. The only thing about WvW that I can shoutout is Quick fix of server drop out, sorry anet, that’s the only thing that was fixed from your side in matter of hours, and you can’t be ready on that, no one does, and we understand you. Extra day here won’t fix anything, and you guys that play WvW know that.
    Just remember the golem rush issue:
    - Event was over before you guys managed to fix golem buff abuse.
    - It took you 3 days to fix. “i see every one on them map, including enemy tags and players BUG”
    - After 3 years, we can still place catapults on UN-KILL-ABLE positions in klovan inside the wall.
    - It took you 1 week before you were able to remove bug where displaying Chinese-dragon-year event items in map chat would make you disconnect from the game if you preview/click on it.
    - It took you 3 years of rubber bending skills before minor changes were applied. And you guys took 3 months to measure data, and + 3 months to apply that results, which leaves us with 6 months of fixing an issue. After 6 months we don’t mind if you would take 1 extra day.
  • 5) SERVER ISSUES Owh I’ve forgot to mention, fixes to rubber-bending were not fully fixed. EB is still facing huge rubber-bends in prime times and not just resets on (we are currently on T3 server and yet we experience the same issues). Things are slightly better when it comes to SM fights, but i wouldn’t dare to call that a fix myself, it’s more likely a stitch.
  • 6) MUTUAL AGREEMENT: Hundreds of guilds are making weekly meetings with leaders to make sure every thing is covered, we organize more then in other game modes here in GW2, I’ll also say it, Friday gives fresh start to have amazing Saturday and Sunday. This shift will cut us for 16-24hours of enjoyment. RESET itself, became comparable with country anatheme, it’s more then jsut a song, it’s something that you are proud and kitteny about! Can you change country anatheme just like that? I bet you don’t, it would lose respect of your people, and sorry John, we feel offended, like it’s not enough that we suffered 3 years with unplayable game mode at peaks, now this? Well all i can say is, _I wish you would understand us at least once._
  • 7) PLOT TWIST Also, lets be honest for a moment, it’s all about release day 23th friday for you guys.
    You want every one to be in Jungle on that day but the funny plot twist is, true WvW players like me, will play WvW on that day. Temporary reset day shift with exception this week would be fine and acceptable, no one would care that much, but permanently shifting it still make no sense to those that are dedicated WvW players, and we know how WvW fixes and updates are.

Nothing is done in 1 extra day, sorry we have history of WvW behind us.

Shout out for devs that try hard to fix things, we know you guys are working on it as much as you can, we are just sad that changes are there, where we don’t need them.

*insert thank you gif here"

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.