WvW and the Heart of Thorns Release

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDeath.4398

BlackDeath.4398

@briggah .. some1 probs made a post but the clever clogs didn’t think of moving the useless patches to the next day? I always wondered why the hate for arenanet is so strong.. but i understand now.

And another thing, learn to read: “one of the most”, not the only.

in WvW

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

Strike two ANET, leave the Reset on Friday. Read the posts, the majority do not want this change. The reasons for leaving the Reset where it is are clear if you can read what actual WvW players are saying. If you move to early Saturday, I and my +300 guild will not be playing. A lot of us actually work for a living, those who do not work on Saturday have a lot of more important Real Life things to take care of in the middle of the day. Friday works for our OCX/SEA members and most of our NA members. GET this right before HOT launch, Leave Reset where it is.

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Lacrisma.1540

Lacrisma.1540

“Sir, after three years of ignoring them and luring AP hunters into their gamemode, the WvW community still hasn’t died down!”

“But… we gave them the Stability change, how are they even still playing? I mean, they crash at least every two hours and have massive queues on their map, how is that possible?”

“We don’t know, sir. What should we do?”

“… do it.”

“No.. you can’t… this is.. are you sure?”

UNLEASH THE PVE BORDERLANDS!

….
….
….

“They are not happy with the new borderlands and the EBG changes, but they still seem to hang on to WvW!”

“But the verticality! The dinosaurs! The mechanics that kitten on everything WvW! How can this be?! We even denied the existence of WvW players!

“If I may… There is still one thing”

“What is it?”

“Reset. They still have the reset to be excited for.”

“…ruin it. Now.”

“With your permission we’d change it to saturday. This would double the queue. With this, we could also rub salt in the “this gives us more time to look into WvW problems”wound"

“You can do better.”

“Let’s change it to noon for EU players then, no drunk reset and they will be disconnected when leaving for lunch, facing at least a queue of 100 when they come back.”

“Good. Come back when you’re done, we need to talk about your promotion.”

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

If you move to early Saturday, I and my +300 guild will not be playing.

300+ pvers will still play other game modes.. Don’t lie

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

“Sir, after three years of ignoring them and luring AP hunters into their gamemode, the WvW community still hasn’t died down!”

“But… we gave them the Stability change, how are they even still playing? I mean, they crash at least every two hours and have massive queues on their map, how is that possible?”

“… do it.”

….
….
….

“They are not happy with the new borderlands and the EBG changes, but they still seem to hang on to WvW!”

“But the verticality! The dinosaurs! The mechanics that kitten on everything WvW! How can this be?! We even denied the existence of WvW players!

“What is it?”

“…ruin it. Now.”

“With your permission we’d change it to saturday. This would double the queue. With this, we could also rub salt in the “this gives us more time to look into WvW problems”wound"

“You can do better.”

“Let’s change it to noon for EU players then, no drunk reset and they will be disconnected when leaving for lunch, facing at least a queue of 100 when they come back.”

I only agree by ~50% but this made me laugh so hard….and now I’m sad

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

terrible change, just leave reset how it is now, it’s the most ideal time anyway. your arguments behind changing it are pretty weak TBH. Is it worth screwing the playerbase (and especially OCX/SEA players) over for such a pointless change?

downed state is bad for PVP

in WvW

Posted by: eggxian.9035

eggxian.9035

Thanks for adding the change the majority of wvw players dont need, and killing the fun friday reset.

in WvW

Posted by: horaxx.9728

horaxx.9728

Enough with the BS Anet, seriously. Nobody cares about your schedule changes, quit making things worse for WvW players, we ve had enough neglet from you and now we gotta take this kitten? Get real, get better, K thanks.

Attachments:

“How do you kill that which has no life?”

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

Hello All,

There are a couple of reasons for the change to reset time. One is for the overall quality of the game. The last few years we have been careful to not disrupt the WvW reset time but this has at times made it difficult for our team to address issues during reset day. This change will give our team an extra day of the week that they can use to respond to issues that may occur with WvW or any other area of the game if it is necessary. In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary.

Another reason is the emergent gameplay that has come from reset. It has become one of the most exciting times for WvW and we would really love for more players to have the opportunity to experience it. We have many more players logging in on Saturday than on Friday which means with this change many more people will be available to experience the rush of claiming objectives for their world during reset.

However, given the concerns posted here we will be moving the Saturday reset to earlier in the day to give most players the majority of the day to enjoy the start of the new match. Immediately after launch the new time will be 11am PDT / 2pm EDT (6 pm UTC) for NA and 11am BST / 12 pm CEST (10 am UTC) for EU. Keep in mind that the following week with the end of Daylight Savings Time / Summer Time the reset times will be pushed even earlier to 10am PST/ 1pm EST and 10am GMT / 11am CET.

Thank you for your feedback. We realize that no time we pick is going to work for everyone but this change is going to benefit even more players overall while at the same time giving us a little more breathing room to improve the quality of the game during the week.

Thanks,
John

Seriously guys, this is a horrid change.

Please listen to the vast majority of your customers/playerbase.

The Ghost of Christmas Past

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Well, there are a few little pieces of light for some of us who are now going to be denied the “excitement” of WvW reset:
1. I can go to movie openings
2. Take in a Friday college hoops game
3. Play D&D with friends
4. Go on a date – wait, I have a person to date?
5. Go to a bar/dancing/drink(to drown my sorrows of no reset)
6. Go out to dinner

Notice, all these do not involve me logging in on either Friday night or Saturday(since I can’t). And I won’t be spending money in GW2 on those nights/days either.

Seriously though, I’d rather have my Friday WvW reset back.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

I wish forums had a button to automatically ignore all comments similar to: “nooo this change is inconvenient for meee siiggh sooob”. This thread would be probably 2 pages instead of 8 with that on

Friday evening was arbitrary and people complained about it. Saturday afternoon (EU) is arbitrary and people is complaining about it. There is no way of pleasing everyone.

I personally stopped enjoying reset time after Season 2, when it became a huge and mindless lag/blobfest. No, thanks.

I understand some people might like that, and I’m sure saturday evening will still be like that, but this change has the potential to give a better picture of the servers relative strength.

The saturday afternoon population (often including more newcomers and casuals than the hardcore reset prime time/night crew) will have a stronger role in defining the PPT lead and I think it’ll feel like a “slow start” compared to the frantic reset evening and subsequent night capping phase we have now.

So you agree the change makes no sense. Since one of their reasons for changing it was letting more people experience the game play around reset. Game play you think will completely change. So they made the change so more people could enjoy something that will no longer exsist… That makes sense.

Id also say i think it is funny, you say you want more casuals and newcomers, but seem to dislike the blobbing, The very lifeblood of the newcomer and casual.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

briggah.7910

omica.6548:

Did not say they would not continue to play in PVE, just not at WvW reset. I would love it if they all logged on at the same time. Does not happen, our numbers peak 1-2 hours after Reset on Friday. 6 hours later they drop off. They peak again late Saturday evening. During the rest of the time, people come and go as there RL time schedules permit. For the guild Reset is a major social event, that I do not see happening in the middle of the day Saturday.

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Kortex.2570

Kortex.2570

Seroiusly A-Net,

please don’t change the reset time! There are definitely not more players online at 10am than at 8pm on a friday. You need to check WHO is playing WvW and WHO is just standing in Lions Arch or doing some other PvE stuff. You will see that 8pm is a way better reset time than 10am. Sometimes i think that no one off the developers ever played WvW. (EotM doesn’t count)
It would be nice if the developers would work hand in hand with the WvW-community. Streams or feedback that someone actually reads and not wait till the thread has more than 100 pages.(i don’t mean this thread)

I hope you can understand what I wanted to say because english is not my native language.

in WvW

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

Notice, all these do not involve me logging in on either Friday night or Saturday(since I can’t). And I won’t be spending money in GW2 on those nights/days either.

Seriously though, I’d rather have my Friday WvW reset back.

Exactly.

Friday – NOW:
I login about 30 minutes before reset and play until I get tired providing I dont have plans with the wife.

Friday – AFTER:
I won’t log in at all.

Saturday – NOW:
I login during the morning for a few hours. I play Saturday evening providing I don’t have plans with the wife (then I log in after if I do).

Saturday – AFTER:
I wont log in at all until the evening.

So two commanders in my guild pretty much influence the play times of everyone else as well as the play times of the dozens from outside the guild that follow them during open raids (ie current reset). They are pretty much on the same schedule give or take, that I am. Our guild doesn’t even login for the most part unless they are online and there are others outside of the guild that will login, check to see who is open commanding, and log off if certain people aren’t.

Don’t sit around and scratch your heads when you have far less people logging in during the weekend because of this.

in WvW

Posted by: EzJester.7653

EzJester.7653

Hello All,

There are a couple of reasons for the change to reset time. One is for the overall quality of the game. The last few years we have been careful to not disrupt the WvW reset time but this has at times made it difficult for our team to address issues during reset day. This change will give our team an extra day of the week that they can use to respond to issues that may occur with WvW or any other area of the game if it is necessary. In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary.

Another reason is the emergent gameplay that has come from reset. It has become one of the most exciting times for WvW and we would really love for more players to have the opportunity to experience it. We have many more players logging in on Saturday than on Friday which means with this change many more people will be available to experience the rush of claiming objectives for their world during reset.

However, given the concerns posted here we will be moving the Saturday reset to earlier in the day to give most players the majority of the day to enjoy the start of the new match. Immediately after launch the new time will be 11am PDT / 2pm EDT (6 pm UTC) for NA and 11am BST / 12 pm CEST (10 am UTC) for EU. Keep in mind that the following week with the end of Daylight Savings Time / Summer Time the reset times will be pushed even earlier to 10am PST/ 1pm EST and 10am GMT / 11am CET.

Thank you for your feedback. We realize that no time we pick is going to work for everyone but this change is going to benefit even more players overall while at the same time giving us a little more breathing room to improve the quality of the game during the week.

Thanks,
John

This reply will not be well-received; in the first paragraph you state that the change is to give you more time to work on issues at reset, but then elaborate how WvW has been very stable and doesn’t need special attention anymore. In the second paragraph, you mention how reset has become an emergent, community driven event. Surely changing one of the core aspects of the community event, the time that it actually occurs, without any support for that change from the community will cause some harm to the community.

Please just revert it to normal, you’ve already shown flexibility with the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Relakos.6439

Relakos.6439

One is for the overall quality of the game. The last few years we have been careful to not disrupt the WvW reset time but this has at times made it difficult for our team to address issues during reset day. This change will give our team an extra day of the week that they can use to respond to issues that may occur with WvW or any other area of the game if it is necessary.

Sure you haven’t disrupted WvW reset times, but in the process you haven’t disrupted, interrupted, or any other “rupted” in WvW compared to PvE. You cater to PvE, PvP, and WvW in that order, and in the past 3 years we, the WvW community, have seen practically nothing in terms of updates, regardless of their size, compared to PvE or PvP. PvE gets content, PvE gets balance patches, WvW gets what exactly…? The one update that comes to mind is the Borderland ruins (which I like), but which pale in comparison to the multitude of living story updates and multitude of PvP balance updates.

In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary.

So don’t monitor it. Why must reset time be changed simply because you don’t have to do something anymore. On top of that, come HoT much about this game in WvW is changing (new map, specialization, class balancing, etc) so the stability of WvW come HoT is uncertain.

Literally anyone who has any plans at all on a Saturday ever is going to miss reset now. What happened to wanting players to “experience the rush of claiming objectives for their world during reset”?!

Serious question, how many signatures on a petition do we need to reverse this? I’ve supported some questionable decisions in the past regarding WvW, but this has got to take the cake. GAMERS PLAY AT NIGHT BECAUSE WE (HOPEFULLY) HAVE PLANS DURING THE DAY. Changing reset to the middle of the day on one of the two days a week normal people get off seems like a subtle way of calling a majority of your WvW player-base lifeless, hopeless gamers in the most stereotypical way possible.

I love this game. I love WvW, and I think you (ANet) as developers have something special here. MMORPG.com even recently named Guild Wars 2 the second best MMO of all time. DON’T SCREW THIS UP.

Relokas the Hammer | Tempest Wolves [TW]

(edited by Relakos.6439)

in WvW

cillard.3986

Well I cant speak for his guild, but mine has about 50 people on active roster between members and recruits.

Out of those 50, maybe 5 of them actually care about and enjoy PvE, 10 or so do it out of necessity when needed for gold, and the rest would rather throw their gaming rigs out a window than do any of it, ever, period.

Out of those 50, maybe 15 or like to sPvP once in a while when there is nothing else better to do. Most of them are like me and define ‘nothing better to do’ as weekday late evenings when they guild isn’t WvWing. Weekends, I can certainly find something else better to do than such a limited, non-dynamic, and repetitive game mode that GW2 sPvP is.

in WvW

Posted by: Diru.4531

Diru.4531

Hello All,

Thanks,
John

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: thebeaRRRRR.8640

thebeaRRRRR.8640

The newer reset time is even sadder news for the SEA community.

11am PDT saturday will be 2am sunday for the average SEA player, and 4am for the average OCX player.

This change just makes me a really really sad panda. Friday resets used to be a day where us SEA players who have normal working lives meet up with our NA counterparts in the guild and have fun together while catching up. I guess it’ll just be a thing of the past now.

I hope ANET decides to revert the change in timing. A nearly dead forum suddenly having 400+ posts on a thread with negative feedback should show how much the wvw community dislikes this change. Pushing forward with this change will further alienate the wvw community as a whole.

[AHMA] Giam Chye Cha Loti
Ele, guardian
Ultimate Dominator

in WvW

Posted by: Marxx.5748

Marxx.5748

Can’t tell if serious?

“In the early days we wanted reset to be during a weekday to ensure we had people available to monitor the game at reset time, but at this point we have seen the ongoing stability of World vs. World and resetting on a weekday is no longer necessary.”

You are making mass changes not only to the map but also to how WvW upgrading, claiming systems, WvW mastery points, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Oddbot.6578

Oddbot.6578

Hugely disruptive to the current culture and habits and organization. We can adjust, but in any case working people have less time during their weekend to enjoy the most competitive days of WvW. Terrible change, kind of better than the disastrous previous change, but still horrible compared to status quo.

Don’t fix what isn’t broken as many are saying.

Sure, a part of your gaming audience have been scheduling their weekend around Friday resets AND Saturday evenings for 3 years. Let’s make Friday boring and dead as can be and only leave the fun for Saturday with an inconvenient reset time (PST morning?!)

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get an announcement that Raid resets happen on Friday or something, that’d be the cake.

(edited by Oddbot.6578)

in WvW

Posted by: Hushy.9530

Hushy.9530

who the hell raids at 11am? Seriously.

The thing that always made reset good was that it happened at primetime and pretty much every guild on the server would raid.

WvW is dead on most International servers until around 5pm/6pm (primetime).

Resets will now just be barren wastelands and karma trains for the german morning crews.

For my server atleast we dont have a very strong morning crew so i imagine every reset we will go from around 11am-5pm with a 0 tick every reset. How is this fair?

Typical anet though. “oh the wvw players are complaining about something. Lets make some changes. Lets remove the best day of wvw because it doesnt match the devs schedule”.

Guild Leader – Eternal Riot [ER]

in WvW

Posted by: LuMai.5034

LuMai.5034

Thank you for changing the time anet. Now I’ll never be making another reset because of these bad changes. I’m quite underwhelmed with all your changes. Poor play anet poor play.

in WvW

Posted by: Leery.2976

Leery.2976

Please reconsider changing the reset time back to the previous time. This change just made reset awful for NA, SEA, and OCX on NA servers and still cuts time out of the weekend, making Friday a ktrain day. Please please please reconsider.

Leery – Ehmry Bay
Grindhouse Gaming [GH]- Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

I have things usually going on during the day on weekends and my evenings are the time I can play. This will prevent me from being able to enjoy reset.

in WvW

Posted by: ventusthunder.5067

ventusthunder.5067

With all due respect to the WvW team and the game you’ve created, I think it’s clear that the overwhelming feedback is that this is an absolutely terrible, bottom-of-the-barrel idea.

WvWers enjoy Friday night resets. Now we won’t have the same fun dynamic because of people who won’t be awake or would rather be doing other stuff during resets.

Not to mention any server without a dedicated SEA timezone crew is going to get absolutely hosed during reset, because after all this is a game and I enjoy playing during my timezone and not pulling crazy overtime.

Please recognize your mistake and revert the changes altogether. It is not bad to be wrong, but seeing the community feedback, I believe it’d be in everyone’s best interest if we could just have our Friday night resets back. It’s the one time of the week when the whole server can get together and fight as one, and this dynamic will be lost.

collector of liquid aurillium

in WvW

Posted by: Ravclye.1537

Ravclye.1537

I have to wonder the depth of the statistics saying there are more people on Saturday. Yes Anet there may be more people but you’re missing huge chunks of data. Where exactly are these players on Saturday? Anyone who plays WvW a lot knows. They aren’t playing WvW.

On Friday evenings even my T5 server can have queues. Usually small and manageable but queues regardless. On Saturday? Nada. Nothing. Zip. I imagine this is the same across all the servers. Surely if there were more people online Saturday as you suggest, there would be much more activity in the borderlands or the very least EB.

Let this one go, its hugely unpopular. If you don’t care enough to fix other issues with WvW then go play with your attempt at being ESports. Or maybe go tinker with issues in PvE. A personal favorite of mine, go balance underwater skills. Do literally anything other then a change no one asked for and no one wanted with WvW.

(edited by Ravclye.1537)

in WvW

Posted by: xSwissroll.9820

xSwissroll.9820

Why can’t u guys just delay that week reset and resume back to normal the week after. Does it break the game if reset timing for wvw is back to friday?

Is it that hard? seriously ?
it is literally like 2am for most SEA players and 5am for most OCX players.

Do u devs even read the freaking forum and listen to yr player base?
Or even playtest or survey to ask yr mainly wvw base player before making such a dumb decision? It’s not difficult.

YOU DEVS already made sooooooooo many bad decisions for wvw.. HoT expansion which mostly doesn’t even appeal to wvw players AT ALL (well maybe only the squad UI)
Making a new map which is literally like forcing player to play EOTM 2.0.

And now 1 week to release.. making such a ninja change to reset timing when NO ONE wants it ?

Doubt anything will be changed, they dont give a kitten(5hit) to us wvw players anyway

Swisspancake ~ Elementalist
[ZzZz]ZombieCoast
Toastie~

(edited by xSwissroll.9820)

in WvW

cillard.3986

I think the friday resets are perfect as is, but Wed. or Thursday would have even been better than this garbage.

in WvW

Posted by: wintrwulf.5270

wintrwulf.5270

A Saturday reset I could handle, I could adjust. A 2pm reset is just silly. Anyone playing NA EST is going to be out doing the things they have to do during the day. And god forbid if you have to work Saturdays on occasion because there is no work day schedule that would allow you to be able to do reset.

My guild especially is full of older people who have jobs/kids/responsibilities that they take care of during the day. Our drunken shenanigans on reset night are one of the best things we have. You can’t have drunken shenanigans at 2pm. I’m sure other guilds are in the same boat, maybe even more so than mine.

If you were looking for a way to kill the comradery that arises from drunken reset shenanigans then you’ve found it. I love this game, I’ve poured hundreds of dollars into gems and over 3000 hrs of my time into it, a great majority of that in WvW. I’ve accepted changes, good and bad and never spoke up about it. This change however, is a horrible oversight by the ANet devs and a solid example of the disconnect between them and the WvW population. Please, please don’t do this.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

::throws self on floor::

::cries like a little baby::

I just imitated pretty much everyone that posted here..

:D

And then makes 5 more posts on the subject in an hour. The PvF is weak in this one.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Anaktas.7390

Anaktas.7390

Hello All,

Thanks,
John

About that, I would like to add that its time Seafarer’s Rest lose to FULL status. Thank you very much.

Commander of Seafarer’s Rest.
Eternal Illumination[EB] Guild Leader.

in WvW

cillard.3986

This quote is from another board from a T1 commander and guild leader who’s play influences not only his sizable guild, but the play of other guilds and random pick ups as well. (leaving his name out until he responds as to whether or not I can direct quote him)

What idiots. On the plus side, I’m going out Friday nights now instead of playing the game, and more than likely not going to be on during the new Saturday afternoon resets. As usual my Satur(days) I usually run errands and what not that I’m not able to do during the week because of work. They really shafted over all the NA players.

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

“… do it.”

….
….
….

“What is it?”

“…ruin it. Now.”

“You can do better.”

You sir are frigging amazing

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Dear Arenanet,

Please don’t change the current reset schedule. I have talked to my friends, people in LA, in PvP lobby and NO ONE agreed to this change. Just keep the schedule as it is.

Regards

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Please Anet – consider an EU reset time more closely to evening – 17:00 to 20:00 is all acceptable. I don’t understand why the decision to put it in middle of day when many ppl rest after Friday/sleep longer/go out to have some family/lovers time or simply do house works because ‘work from Monday to Friday’. I can understand the idea behind moving it to Saturday from Friday, but such early hours are not gonna suit many ppl – mostly working adults.
Once again, please consider moving the time closer to evenings.

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m surprised so many people pre-ordered HoT solely for Friday-night WvW reset.

Also, if people want more ANet communication, you’ll have to spend less time ripping apart every little thing they say, even if you don’t agree with it. Some people have approached it well, many others have failed miserably and represent a potentially large reason why less communication happens.

I also, personally, never liked reset being on Friday night. I will say though that lunch time on Saturday seems a bit odd/awkward.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

“… do it.”

….
….
….

“What is it?”

“…ruin it. Now.”

“You can do better.”

This is a gem

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Tyrian.7420

Tyrian.7420

So you move reset to a new day, effectively turning one of you highest population nights for wvw, a night where even lower population tiers can get map queues, into a pointless time in most match ups making it a K-Train night.

Your response to people being upset with it is moving it to a time where the majority of organized guilds wont be running leaving reset up to militia groups that run around during the middle of the day. A time zone thats generally pretty un-blanced across most NA servers.

Nothing will be more fun than to have some server groups hiding in upgraded keeps and sitting on siege at the time the majority of guild groups actually get around.

The reason Friday night was so good for reset is that it had a higher population at one time of the day than any other time in the week. PPT guilds got to start on even footing, fight guilds had numbers to go up against.

The weekend would generally keep things close with scores starting to blow out on Monday or Tuesday. It made the whole weekend relevant and now Friday night is just meaning less.

Friday can be a big night for people to do things. Reset was fun and exciting and could draw people in. Now with these changes there is no point for people to even login to wvw or guild wars on Friday nights

Good news for local pubs, Bad news for Anet.

Tyrian Nightshade
Grindhouse Gaming [GH]- Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

ANet, WvW is about coverage, sure NA servers means most of the players are in NA but for WvW we’ve needed round the clock coverage. Upper tier servers would recruit all the SEA/OCX they could find. The current reset time allows NA, SEA, and OCX to work together during a reset. The new proposed time is only convenient for NA and EU players. A time in the morning for NA, say 2pm UTC (making 1pm UTC reset during daylight saving) would allow NA, EU, SEA and OCX to work together on reset. For perspective I’m central NA. I know a lot of NA don’t fancy the idea of morning reset but lets face it. ANet wants reset moved to sometime during the weekend. Better it be at a time where the four timezones can work together on reset rather than fight at half strength.

(edited by Sarmach.1547)

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Also, if people want more ANet communication, you’ll have to spend less time ripping apart every little thing they say, even if you don’t agree with it. Some people have approached it well, many others have failed miserably and represent a potentially large reason why less communication happens.

I also, personally, never liked reset being on Friday night. I will say though that lunch time on Saturday seems a bit odd/awkward.

Um, people didn’t order HoT because of Friday Reset in WvW. They bought it because they liked it. The change was a last minute, oh by the way, change that no one saw coming. And NOW many of them are regretting their purchase. ANeT, you better be paying attention to the serious negative feedback you are receiving.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Avinz.2456

Avinz.2456

Please delete this entire thread and put WvW reset day and time back to normal. K thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: mrvoids.2038

mrvoids.2038

I just want to add another to the voice to I would prefer no change at all but could live with Sat but the time change is just a terrible idea.

Morta Null
[CAIN] of Jade Quarry

(edited by mrvoids.2038)

in WvW

Posted by: Zalnavris.6923

Zalnavris.6923

Adding my voice in here to hopefully show Anet how bad a decision this is. The move to Saturday made sense. It could change the mind set / weekly structure of WvW, at least at the higher tier levels where full week WvW is a regular thing. Moving it to Saturday afternoon essentially makes what were NA server now EU servers. Except, that in doing this, you will have enough NA people who want to reset logging in then, and so bumping the EU people out of their own time / play slot. Maybe I am missing something, but even if more people log into the game on Saturday, those people are not logging into WvW. You never see a queued map at lunch time on Saturday, it just isn’t the time people play that game mode.

Please, do not be so proud that you will not just admit you messed up and go back to Saturday evening reset. Heck, if you want to, make it 5 or 6 est, giving a little more time for reset, but not the middle of the day.

Or consider doing reset on Wednesday or Thursday, meaning that the three days of the weekend will be action packed with people trying to actually win. Instead of Monday morning coming around and everything being settled.

in WvW

Posted by: Rainshadow.4926

Rainshadow.4926

Please leave reset the way it is, or if it MUST be Saturday, leave it at the current time. This change is not making anyone from any timezone or tier/server that I know happy. Many of your NA players have obligations during Saturday afternoons (kids, school, etc.) and the hour is just very late/early and unplayable for many in other timezones. The reasons John gave are not satisfactory to your playerbase. Please listen to your customers/fanbase and leave reset as it is now.

Rainshadow
Blackgate
Tempest Wolves[TW]

in WvW

cillard.3986

IS that REALLY what you got out of this? If so, you can pretty much be disregarded. Nobody ordered HOT for solely the Friday night reset, but I can tell you for a fact that taking away half my weekend playtime of meaningful WvW is going to make me not buy it. I could care less about the PvE changes ….

If a company does something stupid that isn’t in the best interest of the consumer, blaming the consumer for reacting to it is silly. Regardless of how you feel about the issue itself, the response that was given by ANET was poor. It literally said they are doing this to make their lives easier, regardless of what the majority of the people it affects have to say about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Meh, at least now when I get home from work the queues will be tolerable (maybe). However, if we are rolling over the opposing team I won’t even be able to get my dailies done in some cases before I have to go to bed.

Either way reset will happen about an hour after I leave for work so the comradery I felt when setting up my Friday reset will be something I will no longer partake of. The friendship and discussions (how was your week?) I felt with my guild while waiting to “spam” the portal will be sadly removed from my week now with this change, but heck I am not in the majority it seems.

in WvW

Posted by: Weli.4568

Weli.4568

Joining the voices who say that this isn’t a change we wanted, nor one we deserved. Like I could understand Saturday evening to some extent. But early Saturday is like giving the middle finger to most of the community. I don’t see how you could achieve getting more people to join the good event that was reset if the people who made reset what it is now aren’t there to play.

As it has been stated in multiple posts already, lot of people have other commitments for Saturday, family, household stuff, even work.

So please let us have our Friday evening reset, that was perhaps the best day in WvW week, to just be able to chill with friends and enjoy few beers while killing everything that had red name on top of it.

Scatter the Weak [WK], Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]
Desolation

in WvW

cillard.3986

For me the choices would be:

#1. Leave it as it is now

#2. Thursday evening, same time if it has to be moved.

in WvW

Posted by: silmeria.9506

silmeria.9506

Anet,, with all the problems in wvw you decided to mess around with reset day which NOBODY EVEN ASKED TO BE CHANGED. Seriously,, if you hate wvw just remove the game mode instead of killing it really really really slowly.

Now simply say “just joking about the reset day and time change!” and we’ll all go back to our normal complaining/playing.

Thanks