WvW and the Heart of Thorns Release

in WvW

Posted by: Ellsy.6780

Ellsy.6780

So, I took my time responding to this. And I’m glad I did. I read a lot of the responses to both changes and I have to say that I am disappointed in many of them. We want change, we want the WvW experience to get better, but we’re not willing to let them try things or try things ourselves to see what actually works? “It’s worked for 3 years” is not a valid complaint… or you wouldn’t be wanting a change. Sure, “nobody asked for this” may be a possibility, but we did ask for change. As a WvW player, I can see some negative things that MIGHT come of it, but how do we actually know without trying it out?

Give it a shot for a while. Besides, for many WvW players who did buy HoT, they will have plenty of other things that they will be doing outside of WvW for a while in order to gain new abilities, new items, and so on. And no, not just on YOUR server, on all servers. Yes, I am aware that not everybody will be doing that and that not everybody bought HoT. Take the time to get to know the new maps and the new “rotation” of things.

There are other dynamics besides the top three tiers’ and the lowest three tiers’. Yes, many of us spend a LOT of time in WvW while logged in. That doesn’t mean that we know what is best all the way around and at least someone is taking the time to look at it. The time being changed to the middle of Saturday afternoon was an on the fly decision that was made because of the posts that they received in response to the original. Do you really want that?

On the other hand, Anet, please for the love of God.. next time you plan to swap the day or time please don’t do it to your customers with such short notice. That isn’t really the best business practice. Yes, you have a facility and office hours, but your customers do not spend most of their time online during those hours. Please keep that in mind. Also, if you’re going to post something like that, a little more detail on the dynamics of that decision might help. I’ve been playing and reading these forums long enough to know that there was more to that decision than what was stated.

As for me and my guildies, we’ll adjust to whatever decision is made in the end and I’m sure that many others will as well. As players and customers though, be sure to give the most constructive feedback you can during this time. Take videos, screenshots, and find nerdy people who like charts. None of this “OMG WHY? YOU TOOK MY TOY SO NOW I WON’T PLAY” stuff is going to have a positive impact.

Born Villain [CAIN]
Revenant Team Lead & Guardian Advisor
Commander “Elscia” – Jade Quarry

(edited by Ellsy.6780)

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Constructive feedback: have more resets so more people can experience reset rush. Also have reset on Fridays, give Anet employees Fridays off and have that extra work day on Sunday. I think those suggestions adequately line up with Anet’s statements.

Thanks for offering a constructive suggestion. But wouldn’t that sort of tilt things, to have multiple resets? I’m not an expert on competitive play, and I’d leave and assessment for the people who are more knowledgeable. But it seems to me there’s a reason for the resets not happening on a more frequent basis.

How do others see this suggestion? (Remember, I have no influence on this, I’m just genuinely curious!)

Good late evening Gaile, lovely to see the wise frogs voice of sanity in this thread <3 hope you are already tucked in with your wine by now but I did want to comment on the above real quick since you asked.

At launch when we had two day and 24hr resets it was maybe a bit too much but now that the game has matured to the point where all the glaring timezone coverage issues have been brought to light I think more players are interested in trying something different with reset length to see how it feels. 2 or 3 resets in a week could shake up some stale match-ups quite nicely but of course seven days don’t divide up very easily without making for rolling reset times which I am sure would cause your coders fits right when they need less work not more.

Anyways, changing the length of a WvW match was something much discussed in previous CDI threads with some red tags “looking” into it so it would be lovely to hear back on sometime. Maybe bring it up in a general meeting some afternoon just for your own genuine curiosity and see where things sit for us.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

As it stands with this change my guild will miss all resets from this day forth. Tonight was our last night to experience the “excitement” of WvW reset. Gaile, John – the decision to do this seems to be arbitrary. The reasons stated seem like an excuse for making a bad change. I understand delaying things for the new release. Needs to be done. But a permanent change is bad. Many guilds and players will now miss out on the joy of reset night that we have participated in for 3 years. I have over 7000 hours of play time in pve/wvw and have spent well over 1000.00 on gems. I’m sure there are players with more time than me. Your customers are screaming but you apparently won’t listen. We represent the vast majority of WvW players. Many of them, who haven’t bought HoT, may just quit. the PVE players who must use WvW to complete certain aspects of a mastery or legendaries will inevitably come to WvW to get what they need. Reset doesn’t need to be part of that.

You removed the need to come to WvW for map completion long ago. PVE players were so happy. They DIDN’T want to come to WvW. Now that you have made WvW and PvP part of certain precusor and mastery completions they will do the ABSOLUTE minimum required in those arenas. Changing the reset day doesn’t benefit them or change their thinking. It only makes the current WvW population angry. Please rethink it.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Hello All,

Launching a game is an enormous undertaking and our teams need time to address any issues that come up. Therefore after launch we must move WvW reset to Saturday. We will keep resets on Saturday to address issues and once we are in the clear we will evaluate the best time for WvW reset both for us as a company as well as for our players.

Since it is clear that we cannot pick a time that will work for everyone, we will be maintaining our original plan of shifting reset by 24 hours, to Saturday evening. That time was based on data for when prime time occurs in each region.

Thank you,
John

We understand that launching HoT could impact WvW and shifting reset temporarily would not have been met with such resistance if you had been forthcoming in the first place and explaining why you had to do it as well as mentioning that the switch was temporary.

They couldn’t mention it was temporary probably because it wasn’t meant as a temporary change. (Of course, they’ll probably retcon it to be so now.)

By the way, he didn’t say it was temporary. He said that in some nebulous time in the future, they would “evaluate.” What are the chances they keep it Saturday forever? I’d say pretty big.

Also, comparing the original post with this new one, it seems the part about how moving reset to Saturday would benefit WvW was just a cover for the real reason of server maintenance. If so, this is, in a way, good news: they’re not so out of touch with WvW that they truly believed this was a good idea.

in WvW

Posted by: StarFreeze.3812

StarFreeze.3812

If ANet doesn’t wish to budge the solution is quite simple. Don’t WvWvW and show their metrics wrong. I’m sure this maybe a good time anyway to take a small break from WvWvW as they fix the very likely bugs and exploits on the new maps . You don’t need to boycott the entire game as there is plenty to do just don’t play WvWvW.

Now initially ANet may not budge but if we all keep at it by avoid WvWvW there’s a good chance for change to happen. Has happened in various other MMOs like EVE, AION, WoW, and even GW2 with the free hero slot.

in WvW

Posted by: Roy.7405

Roy.7405

I hope the WvW team actually takes a very, very serious look at part of Chaba’s and some others’ suggestions, because I actually like the idea of having two different resets and think it would work a lot better than what is shaping up right now.

There would be a 24 hour matchup from Friday afternoon- Saturday afternoon. This would be a time where WvW is competitive, a group’s contribution matters, team sizes are as even as WvW allows, and chaotic, which is what people enjoy most about reset/weekend-WvW and is why people enjoy it so much in the first place, and why no one wants to be cut out of it or have their fun limited. All the timezones would have equal importance, so there is no timezone getting shafted. It would also allow smaller servers to show their skill and organization for a short 24-hour period; something that is completely lost over long matchups. The end of matchup rewards would remain the same (they’re pretty bad anyways =p) to encourage participation during that 24-hour period, but the results could have less or even no impact on the server ranking calculations.

On Saturday afternoon, the second reset would take place and continue for the rest of the 6-day week. We all know that it would be less competitive and more about population during this second part of the matchup, but at least more folks would get to experience reset which is what ANet’s primary objective is. This second part of the matchup would have the standard rewards and would be what Server rating is based off of.

As others have mentioned, the Saturday reset seems set in stone for the time being regardless of what is posted here since ANet wants more people to experience reset and due to HoT, however the above seems like a suitable middle ground once the initial HoT patches are rolled out.

(edited by Roy.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Sneakymanatee.3784

Sneakymanatee.3784

4500 hours in game.
probably 3000+ in wvw.
3200+ ranks in wvw.
2 accounts.
Reset on Saturday night kills 2/3 of my useful playtime. No interest on karma training Friday night until 2 am est before a reset on Saturday night.

I am sure the Saturday night est schedule works for many. This is your chance to pick up the torch. I have been among those that wished anet gave wvw some love over the years, but I sincerely repent. PLEASE LEAVE US ALONE and let the wvw players make our own game type if you want to make decisions based on patch schedules. Forget wvw exists and put all your attention into pve and pvp. What company puts customer satisfaction behind internal convenience?

0/2 accounts with HoT orders. I am glad I waited because I have yet to hear anything positive for wvw. This commander is tagging down for good after this week.

in WvW

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

I do not see the need to repeat what has been said in 14 pages of replies and multiple threads. The WvW community in general does not want the day or time changed for RESET. The reasons that have finally been stated for moving the Reset time is for ANET’s convenience to handle problems associated with the launch of HOT. How that effects the Reset time in unclear and has not been explained. Does it take a team of ANET devs to do the weekly Reset? If so, then for then next week leave the scoring turned off, if that would make it easier for ANET. We need time to get used to the new maps anyway. But, leave the Reset time and day where it has been for 3 years, it works for the majority of the community as has been stated repeatedly in this thread. As for the comment I saw of it being a done deal, it has changed 3 times in as many days, nothing is done, until it is done. Please leave the Reset where it is and let us enjoy the HOT expansion. And Thank you Gaile for communicating with the community, more communication up front may have reduced the current Drama.

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior

(edited by omica.6548)

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You can only play reset once a day in a week why would it stop you from playing other days of the week?

The issue has been explained numerous times by numerous people, including myself.

Take the time to read and comprehend.

And i told you the counter point so… i think i am not the one with the reading problem (mind you spelling and grammar are not part of this lol). Just becuse you think your right dose not make other ppl points of view wrong and if your realy just looking for your own view echo back at you why are you posting any thing on the web your better off talking into a wall if you just wanted to get your own views and and over.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

I think having daily WvW resets would be the best possible scenario in order to alleviate things like stale matchups and would help to ``put down’’ newly dead servers quicker.

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

“OMG WHY? YOU TOOK MY TOY SO NOW I WON’T PLAY” stuff is going to have a positive impact.

Please post constructive feedback. Express your opinion, you like the change or not, your input is welcome. We don’t need someone to educate us on how to share our opinion, let moderators do their job!

in WvW

Posted by: RageBear.8957

RageBear.8957

I think having daily WvW resets would be the best possible scenario in order to alleviate things like stale matchups and would help to ``put down’’ newly dead servers quicker.

That is not viable given the spread of timezones.

In order to fix “stale” matchups, you would need to balance the servers. In order to do this you would have to fix servers to their tiers. In doing so, you can then establish coverage rates per tier and dynamically adjust transfer costs to reflect it. This would require monitoring of each player as to which coverage period they generally play WvW in. If you don’t fix the tiers, balancing would be virtually impossible given that the unbalanced tiers throw out the balanced tiers.

(edited by RageBear.8957)

in WvW

Posted by: BadMed.3846

BadMed.3846

Constructive feedback: have more resets so more people can experience reset rush. Also have reset on Fridays, give Anet employees Fridays off and have that extra work day on Sunday. I think those suggestions adequately line up with Anet’s statements.

This is surely constructive. I’d let players from other tiers share their thoughts, but most NA T1 match-ups are well and truly over by late Wednesday or early Thursday OCX time. Surely, there are some close ones, but that is very limited. Shorter game duration with multiple resets will keep the format interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Serkit.7836

Serkit.7836

It is very viable considering one day covers every timezone.

in WvW

Posted by: set.2879

set.2879

Im going to give my opinion because I see you read all the answers and listen to the logical answer, im from Spain so maybe my english is not so good. And studying computer science too :P.

The problem I see here or at least in Baruch Bay is that like you said the weekends there are a lot of people playing, and with the reset on friday the people instead of going out with their friends after all midweek studying or working they come home to be ready for the reset because there are not much people but when is the reset normally 2 maps have queue.

With this change we will have less people on fridays because it will be less important and on saturday they will be a LOT of people want it to play, first- because is reset time and they want to be in this special time and second because is saturday and they dont need to work and they can play a lot more.

So if we get to this conclusion we can say too that we will have too much people in satudays and if you dont change the quantity of persons in one map they will be kitten with the game because they cant play on midweeks and now in Saturdays there are so much people they cant enter the game and if they have some problem with the connection or ping and the game throw out them they cant even think in joining again to his favorite content of gw2, and if they dont like pve they will say ok, I leave for today the game, this developers!I dont know what they tought!

And remember that normally the people dont play if there are not commander or someone to saying to them what to do.

My personal opinion is that the best hour is like yesterday, saturdays but earlier, that way there will be players on friday, then players on saturdays morning and players on saturday night.

tl;dr: you will move all people from friday to saturday but this will be negative because they are right now a lot of people on saturdays so it will be counterproductive, too much people on saturdays and much less on fridays.

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

I think this takes the reward for most disastrous change in history of GW2.

in WvW

Jski.6180

It is very viable considering one day covers every timezone.

With the new timed upgrade system i am not sure if one day is long enofe to give every one the abitly to def things in the long run and have it worth holding on to. Maybe (2 reset) 3.5 days or (3 reset) 2.33 days is a better reset timer.

I still think Saturday is the most fair day to have reset on all though the current set up time its too early in the day. I think to get that once a day reset rush we should look to EotM that has been changed in such a way to give major wining rewards and much harder to push into a “free win” OF.

I think this takes the reward for most disastrous change in history of GW2.

That would be mega servers this is just the biggest “fear” of changes type of changes.
Most ppl who played Friday night can play Saturday its just going to require them to changes there habits some. Where the “fear” of something new comes into play.

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

It seems clear at this point that moving reset to Saturday is non-negotiable for the time being. While this may upset many people, I think this is one of those times where we need to cut Anet some slack.

Thanks for these insights. I believe you’re looking at things logically, and I appreciate that.

Someone please send Gaile a big bottle of wine? This doesn’t appear to be a one glass day.

I’m ok, Jayne. But thanks for thinking of that — very thoughtful!

…cut Anet some slack.

We cut Anet some slack for 3 years.
How much more?
Is this ever going to end, we cuting some slack, Anet never?

We haven’t been cutting Anet slack.
Players, “want more pvp maps, want more WvW maps, want more story.”
Anet, Ok we made new pvp maps, made Eotm, and Living Story Season 1
Players, “we want tournaments, want other upgrades to WvW, want replayable story!”
Anet, Ok we have several tournaments now, added traps and siege disabler grenades, and LS S2
Players, “We want more!”

If anything, we haven’t been cutting Anet slack the past 3 years lol.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

That would be mega servers this is just the biggest “fear” of changes type of changes.
Most ppl who played Friday night can play Saturday its just going to require them to changes there habits some. Where the “fear” of something new comes into play.

I’m not afraid of half my gaming time (read:weekend) being lost/marginalized.
I’m going to be very angry about it. If I get too angry, I may spend my money elsewhere.

It’s a good thing that Arenanet panders to it’s consumers a bit.
Lots of old sayings about that being a smart way to do business.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I will admit my tone in my posts was unfortunately harsh, I think a lot of people might feel that way. But Anet it seems many times this kind of backlash can be avoided by better communication. The initial post was abysmal and terribly insulting. There was no explanation given for such massive schedule altering changes (among other things), no feedback asked for. It was simply we are doing this and that and we don’t care whether or not you like it, this is how its going to be. And sadly this is an attitude we have become accustomed to, when we need help, we are met by silence and locked threads. When we pitch popular ideas it seems you guys choose the exact opposite path. When you come out and display this perception of how you would rather use metrics and numbers to make changes and implement features rather then firsthand experience, you leave us scratching our heads in total confusion and of course will make people angry.

If you would have just come out and said….well hey guys because of technical reasons we need to move the reset back to Saturday night so we can better monitor issues that might arise with the expansions release, but after some time we will see if reset can be moved back…this backlash and hostility would not have occured, people would have been a lot more understanding.

This change is so unpopular with so many because it reinforces this longstanding perception that you dont care about your own gamemode and the players that love it. It essentially cuts the weekend gaming for many players, even worse for ocx/sea players who nobody wants to see stop playing. Will basically increase reset queues because instead of spreading forces through the weekend, everyones going to be crammed into sat night. It makes Friday and most of sat mostly meaningless as the last day before reset usually is. And a variety of other reasons already covered in the hundreds of posts here. Thats why we are angry, but I believe proper communication on your part would have gone a long way to prevent it.

We put in tons of hours in wvw, it is a competitive mode, emotions run high. We do it not just for fun but because we want to be with friends & guildies when we can. Nobody likes to be told how or when to play. Something to think about.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Jski.6180

I’m going to be very angry about it. If I get too angry, I may spend my money elsewhere.

When it comes to changes anger is a type of fear.

in WvW

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

OK, in light of the Xpac and the obvious need to react and hotfix all the inevitable bugs, crashes, exploits etc that come with any MMO’s expansion, if A-Net says they need the time to ensure a smooth sailing ship I will take that on good faith.

An Expansion is a huge undertaking and all game modes will suffer not just ours. We have to support the company as much as possible to ensure all the bricks fall into place, and I do.

Having said that, what is a reasonable time frame to, at least, re-visit the topic of returning Reset to its accustomed place?

CCCP….

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Hop on over to origin or steam or battle.net and lets talk about who’s fear and what changes.
That’s the gist of this thread.

in WvW

X T D.6458

OK, in light of the Xpac and the obvious need to react and hotfix all the inevitable bugs, crashes, exploits etc that come with any MMO’s expansion, if A-Net says they need the time to ensure a smooth sailing ship I will take that on good faith.

An Expansion is a huge undertaking and all game modes will suffer not just ours. We have to support the company as much as possible to ensure all the bricks fall into place, and I do.

Having said that, what is a reasonable time frame to, at least, re-visit the topic of returning Reset to its accustomed place?

Personally speaking, I think 1-2months would probably be enough time for things to settle into place, considering that the halloween event is going to be running the same time as the expansion, kind of seems like they doubled their workload there. I am hoping it goes back to friday, I can understand the reasons to change it to sat…just wish they communicated it better in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandMechantLoup.8201

GrandMechantLoup.8201

Please ANET have you no plan for RNG issue in ladder system?

People are bored to have boring MU even if they play/win/lose or not every week.
“Up and down” system it would be give power to players and more fun.

ps : sorry for my bad english.

jade sea, EU

in WvW

X T D.6458

Please ANET have you no plan for RNG issue in ladder system?

People are bored to have boring MU even if they play/win/lose or not every week.
“Up and down” system it would be give power to players and more fun.

ps : sorry for my bad english.

They said they want to have more wvw seasons on a regular basis after expac launches. Aside from that I doubt it, they tried once to have a larger deviation in matchup variations, the result was lopsided matchups

link here-
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-Invitational-Statement-from-John-Corpening-game-director-for-World-vs-World/first

in WvW

Posted by: Illusion der Nebel.5860

Illusion der Nebel.5860

Arena net hasn’t treated wvw player well yet.

Now u re judging us for being angry that we lost our reset, the funniest and most important time for every wvw player.

Gaile I d like to hear something like “sorry that we have to handle it like this”, not “Don’t rage”
Don’t u see that this topic very important to us?

</3
I wish I were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart.

in WvW

Posted by: alicatrawz.9567

alicatrawz.9567

Guys, just… shush…

They’re essentially re releasing a game.
At least they’re keeping things online and not taking the game offline… like a certain MMO that has moved a datacenter to EU…..

At least theyre looking at our threads.

The salt here is worse than the thief sub… -.-’

gravity is my arch-nemesis.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandMechantLoup.8201

GrandMechantLoup.8201

Aside from that I doubt it, they tried once to have a larger deviation in matchup variations, the result was lopsided matchups

I don’t ask “larger deviation” i ask the end of “glicko” with RNG.
MU are already totally lopsided in EU ladder and people don’t play since last league because they have no power for change, they can only pray before reset. :/

jade sea, EU

(edited by GrandMechantLoup.8201)

in WvW

Posted by: Priest Tully.3798

Priest Tully.3798

I remain by my position that moving reset 24 hrs ahead is simply cutting off an entire day of our play time. I hope Anet will come up with a solution quickly after HoT launches. (moving it 18 or so hrs ahead wasn’t a terrible idea)

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I’m happy about time change back to evenings. Thanks.

As for Friday or Saturday, don’t think it will change ‘that’ much, just wait and see it guys.

in WvW

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

It seems odd to change the reset time since people have revealed their desire to play more often during that time. One would assume that you want the game/score to matter the most when more of the players are online which is the weekend. I usually arrive late to reset but it is still a special event for me and the queues are fairly minimal in tier 2 on a full server.

Friday night is also a community event in a game with an already weak sense of community. Since the advent of the megaservers, in my opinion there’s really only 2 strong communities left in GW2 – WvWers and the RPers (both which took a small hit with the megaservers). Perhaps you folks aren’t particularly interested in fostering community. Or perhaps WvW doesn’t bring enough to the bottom line or the new date is simply more convenient for you. But to the player base, the change seems almost vindictive in its arbitrariness which is certainly not your intent.

I’m holding off on my purchase of HOT. Golem week, “no swords” week and EOTM and now this could leave one to conclude that Anet is somewhat tone deaf with regards to its WvW player base. (edit: I really want to buy the expansion as the game has been an unbelievable value of entertainment per dollar spent. I’ll buy it out of guilt even if i don’t want to new specializations/reaper; Just try and listen to the community a bit more.)

It’s also good that people are upset. It would be bad if people didn’t care and weren’t so passionate about the game.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Samis.1750)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Personally speaking, I think 1-2months would probably be enough time for things to settle into place, considering that the halloween event is going to be running the same time as the expansion, kind of seems like they doubled their workload there. I am hoping it goes back to friday, I can understand the reasons to change it to sat…just wish they communicated it better in the first place.

You cannot seriously believe this was originally intended as a temporary thing, that they just “forgot” to mention it in the OP?

And do you really think they’re going to revisit this in the future once the change has already happened? I doubt it.

in WvW

X T D.6458

You cannot seriously believe this was originally intended as a temporary thing, that they just “forgot” to mention it in the OP?

And do you really think they’re going to revisit this in the future once the change has already happened? I doubt it.

I can just hope so, I cant change what they do, only voice my opinion. I just want to have fun with my guild, and not see good people turned away by bad changes.

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

Just throwing in a big thank you to ANet for revising the change back to Saturday night.

I think I speak for all OCX/SEA when I say this is far more preferential to the morning reset. The morning reset completely prevented us from participating, since it was 4am AEST. While the Friday reset is much, much better and everyone prefers it, having the evening reset is at least a compromise.

Hopefully we can go back to Friday resets eventually, but I truly am appreciative of reverting it to Saturday evening.

noice

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Since the advent of the megaservers, in my opinion there’s really only 2 strong communities left in GW2 – WvWers and the RPers (both which took a small hit with the megaservers).

I still remember guesting to ‘enemy’ server Lion’s Arch just to /laugh or /threaten at them or just chat with ppl around (Deso did to Vizu and probably many other servers too). It was good show of how the servers looked that time, each server had their own Lion’s Arch map where you would meet face to face the guys you normally fight on the WvW maps – you hear a guy in teamspeak “Guy’s I’m in Vizunah Lions Arch and here is this guy …..!!!” and then you see your server mates come with help to ‘fight’ them again xD – funny stuff
It really was some kind of force that was making you motivated to play PPT as well, you could call reinforcements from your ‘home base’ and so on. I wish it could come back some day, at least “Server based LA” map.
I know that most of the ppl I see in LA are from my server, but it’s not the same as in the past, if you played you know what I mean

/offtopic_end

in WvW

Posted by: darkangelseductions.3084

darkangelseductions.3084

Since the advent of the megaservers, in my opinion there’s really only 2 strong communities left in GW2 – WvWers and the RPers (both which took a small hit with the megaservers).

I still remember guesting to ‘enemy’ server Lion’s Arch just to /laugh or /threaten at them or just chat with ppl around (Deso did to Vizu and probably many other servers too). It was good show of how the servers looked that time, each server had their own Lion’s Arch map where you would meet face to face the guys you normally fight on the WvW maps – you hear a guy in teamspeak “Guy’s I’m in Vizunah Lions Arch and here is this guy …..!!!” and then you see your server mates come with help to ‘fight’ them again xD – funny stuff
It really was some kind of force that was making you motivated to play PPT as well, you could call reinforcements from your ‘home base’ and so on. I wish it could come back some day, at least “Server based LA” map.
I know that most of the ppl I see in LA are from my server, but it’s not the same as in the past, if you played you know what I mean

/offtopic_end

Fun times! Fun times!!

Bella Valkari
[MUSA] – [CAIN]
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Barabajagal.6147

Barabajagal.6147

The ‘review’ is very non-commital, I don’t believe Anet has any intention of changing it back. That, and the offering up of something even worse, is throwing us a bone to get us to accept it. Give it a few weeks, and who will still be arguing for a return to Fri reset? Those it kills the game for will just stop logging in and drift off, and Saturday will stay. Anet will have their increasingly casual WvW, with stealth fountains, golem events and gimmicks that destroy the game mode for those that truly love open world, large scale pvp.

For the record, I have never asked for any change – all I want from a game is a balanced environment, with objectives, to pit my wits against our opponents and enjoy being part of a team where the whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts. I was truly impressed with the design and mechanics of the BL and this game mode when it launched, it had clearly been designed and put together with a lot of experience and love for this game mode.

The way this has been handled, even more than the change, gives me the most concern. This is a big change to our WvW culture, and it was landed on us with no explaination a week before release. No-one to my knowledge has ever asked for this to be changed. Thoughtfulness goes both ways, and this is extremely poor customer service that doesn’t bode well for the future of WvW.

For all the reasons listed by others Friday is my favorite night of the week, and I have popped a blue tag on all but a handful in the last 2 years. Without it, I will care less about WvW, and if I don’t care, there’s no incentive to play. I’m waiting for a firm commitment from Anet to change it back to Fridays on a set date, before I make a firm commitment to continue playing this game. I’m not hopeful ^^

Inner Monkey ~ Silq
Piken Square

(edited by Barabajagal.6147)

in WvW

Jski.6180

Hop on over to origin or steam or battle.net and lets talk about who’s fear and what changes.

Not comply sure what going on on thoughts threads web pages etc.. but the thing is here WvW is not going away. The way ppl seem to be talking about this changes as if wvw is going away for good when realy its just going to up the number of ppl who can play during reset. Yes you may lose the rush of reset but a lot wvw players do not get to play that due to not having Fridays nights off. If all you played was for the reset i think you missed the point of wvw comply and if you where a “gvg” player reset timing is not important to you more so after HoT.

in WvW

darkangelseductions.3084

The ‘review’ is very non-commital, I don’t believe Anet has any intention of changing it back. That, and the offering up of something even worse, is throwing us a bone to get us to accept it. Give it a few weeks, and who will still be arguing for a return to Fri reset? Those it kills the game for will just stop logging in and drift off, and Saturday will stay. Anet will have their increasingly casual WvW, with stealth fountains, golem events and gimmicks that destroy the game mode for those that truly love open world, large scale pvp.

For the record, I have never asked for any change – all I want from a game is a balanced environment, with objectives, to pit my wits against our opponents and enjoy being part of a team where the whole is greater than the sum of it’s parts. I was truly impressed with the design and mechanics of the BL and this game mode when it launched, it had clearly been designed and put together with a lot of experience and love for this game mode.

The way this has been handled, even more than the change, gives me the most concern. This is a big change to our WvW culture, and it was landed on us with no explaination a week before release. No-one to my knowledge has ever asked for this to be changed. Thoughtfulness goes both ways, and this is extremely poor customer service that doesn’t bode well for the future of WvW.

For all the reasons listed by others Friday is my favorite night of the week, and I have popped a blue tag on all but a handful in the last 2 years. Without it, I will care less about WvW, and if I don’t care, there’s no incentive to play. I’m waiting for a firm commitment from Anet to change it back to Fridays on a set date, before I make a firm commitment to continue playing this game. I’m not hopeful ^^

Very well said! I applaud thee! <3 Truly, I do!

Bella Valkari
[MUSA] – [CAIN]
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

We will keep resets on Saturday to address issues and once we are in the clear we will evaluate the best time for WvW reset both for us as a company as well as for our players.

That’s very sad to hear. I assume you have read the arguments given in this thread, so I assume you must by now know what this means for your established WvW community. Maybe the move will turn out in your favor and new players will come in to replace the old ones leaving. Then you will have done everything right from your metrics perspective. But please be aware that the players you have forced out of the game were actually the most loyal and steady advocates of the game mode in the past 3 years.

For the sake of a game mode I have loved for over 3 years, I can only plea to you to do something totally crazy and — instead of blindly following your metrics — to ask your loyal players what reset time they deem best for serious WvW. Since, if you allow me to close with a quote from better days: ‘’The most important thing in any game should be the player. We build a game for them.’’

My two copper, and last words.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

in WvW

Jski.6180

We will keep resets on Saturday to address issues and once we are in the clear we will evaluate the best time for WvW reset both for us as a company as well as for our players.

That’s very sad to hear. I assume you have read the arguments given in this thread, so I assume you must by now know what this means for your established WvW community. Maybe the move will turn out in your favor and new players will come in to replace the old ones leaving. Then you will have done everything right from your metrics perspective. But please be aware that the players you have forced out of the game were actually the most loyal and steady advocates of the game mode in the past 3 years.

For the sake of a game mode I loved for over 3 years, I can only plea to you to do something totally crazy and — instead of blindly following your metrics — to ask your loyal players what reset time they deem best for serious WvW. Since, if you allow me to close with a quote from better days: ‘’The most important thing in any game should be the player. We build a game for them.’’

My two copper, and last words.

~MRA

How so though if you only react in fear to new things how do you know if they will or will not work? Images if that how you lived real life not doing any thing new or different becuse of the fear of something new and different. Ya the new thing may sux but at least you tried something different.

At the end of the day all of this is just words on a screen that mean next to nothing when compared to real testing.

What bugs me the most is that a lot of ppl seemed to given up hope (at least they say they have) in having feed back changes the game (all though a lot has been changed base off that feed back) yet for some reason they keep saying something as if they have not given up hope. I think a lot of ppl do not know what they are trying to say or do not understand there real feelings when it comes to this game and wvw.

Knee juke reactions are the worst to judge if something is good or not. Wvw has been very stagnate for at least a year now something new into the mix like this may help but just do not give up on it becuse its simply something different.

It realy comes down to the question why do you play wvw? For the reset, for the ppt, for the fights, for the week fights etc.. a lot of them may see that you can have them all but often when it comes down to the moment to moment game play you must make a chose. What Saturday resets seems to mean is less ppt aimed wvw play less rush of blob vs blob but more fight aimed and more “big” (not full map zerg) fights that are more sustain though out the week. I think gvg will start to make a come back on Fridays and ppt play will become a great deal less important YET fights for objectives will still be very important over all as the week gose on and not just for a one night binging.

in WvW

darkangelseductions.3084

Not comply sure what going on on thoughts threads web pages etc.. but the thing is here WvW is not going away. The way ppl seem to be talking about this changes as if wvw is going away for good when realy its just going to up the number of ppl who can play during reset. Yes you may lose the rush of reset but a lot wvw players do not get to play that due to not having Fridays nights off. If all you played was for the reset i think you missed the point of wvw comply and if you where a “gvg” player reset timing is not important to you more so after HoT.

Jski……

This is a what we would call a slap in the face to something we are extremely passionate about and care about and to a point “live for”. It cuts a lot of the “hardcore” player base and we will lose a lot of good fighters/commanders/players for something that was done with dishonor and for B.S. reasons that were given by a game that we are passionate for. If this thing changes, you will not have the same system or the same player base that you might have had if they had not spit in the face of the customer. We are angry. We love this part of the game. It is more than just reset. It is when the fiercest battles were fought, when we put in more than just a few hours playing with our friends, we played until we couldn’t do it anymore. We fought great battles against other like minded players with strategy and strength. It was a WHOLE weekend of blood, battle, sweat, and tears that went into it. There was lots of gold spent, lots of sacrifice on our parts for things we wanted or needed to have in order to hold the land we proudly called our own worlds. We have server pride that a lot of people do not understand and will not understand unless you have become one of us. We devote hours away from the game researching builds and making strategies. We scrimmage our fellow guilds to help improve our battle techniques. To us it is more than just “reset”. We have hours that will be cut from the majority of time to have this epic battle that we cherish every week. We have victories, we have defeats, we have massive fights that never seem to end……this is what we are in this game for. Some people do not get to do this every day. Some only have the weekend (Friday night through Sunday evening) to hang out with their friends and mates. To battle and have fun with on teamspeak, to laugh….to fight….to focus….to maintain….to destroy what we have in front of us as our obstacle so we can claim the prize and be the victors of the great fight we just ensued. With the reset time change, you take 24 hours away from many hardcore wvw’ers. Not just from NA, but from all of the timezones. We are all affected. To us, we are a band, a world, a server. We will fight and set the tone for the week and we give our last breath to be victorious at the end of the week. That is what it means to us, if that even gives you such a small glimpse into our way of thinking. This was also announced a week before the expansion came out. Kind of sneaky and cowardice. With no explanation, no viable reason, and when they did attempt to give us a small bone, they spat nonsense. Then when they see that we didn’t see through their B. S. then they tried to give us more. But we do not believe them. For they have already lied and our trust is shakey at best when it comes to the ANet WvW crew. They changed the time, but not to something that almost the entire community wanted. To something that would make it easier on them. That is where they spit in our face. We are competitive and do not go quietly in the night. We stand for what we believe in. When they are starting to figure out is that we will take this lying down. We will continue to fight. We do not die on our backs or knees. We stand and fight, just as we do in game. They are starting to see that we will not, they changed the time back to Saturday night again. But that will not be satisfactory. They will need to fix it back to the way it was (the proper time on Friday night resets) so we as a community will be happier with the aspect of the game we love. And if they eventually turn their backs on us and tell us they do not care, then they will lose an extremely loyal and dedicated fan base that will take this spirit somewhere else, and that is where we will call home. We can leave the mists just as easily as they can turn their backs on us. That is why we are angry. We are not afraid. We are passionate. We are Hardcore WvW’ers.

Bella Valkari
[MUSA] – [CAIN]
Jade Quarry

in WvW

LetoII.3782

I would think as a Coven member you would know exactly who I am.. Your guild leader assuredly does.

Anet’s problem is when I wake up saturday morning to end-of-match Ktrain time, I’m playing something else. Know what happens when I get into another game?

I don’t come back

in WvW

Posted by: lichtquant.1490

lichtquant.1490

… would have been so much easier for A-Net, if the FIRST post from John would have included a line like “HoT-release will be a rough time and most likely affect WvW (stability etc.) too. To be able to address any issues related to Xpac-release to provide as less hassle as possible for the players, we will move Friday reset night to Saturday. This shifting will be TEMPORARY until things settle down. We will collect data meanwhile to consider the best time for future resets as soon as release-bugs affecting WvW have been sorted out.”

For sure, we still would have been able to read complaints from some players, but I doubt, we would have gotten an already 14 pages thread this way.

But no, A-Net came with lots of other arguments, which can only be seen as sorry excuses for a horrible idea – and I don’t understand, why they haven’t addressed the issue right in the first place.

And having shifted the reset temporarily to Saturday, I am almost sure, after a few weeks, people would have adjusted and there would have been not so big a problem for A-Net to call that shifting “fixed” after that period of time.

Whoever decides things like this in the WvW-area of the game, does not seem to be very forward-thinking – at least that’s the impression I get from following through all! of this threads pages…

Oni Ma Gon/Zepharion/Slonjeh/Niphdanoq/Sarodakh/Ghinsondir/Shoniistav/Vauh Konstanth
You Are Crowfood Now [KRAA]

in WvW

Posted by: Khadras.1583

Khadras.1583

Matches are often over by the end of the week, as someone has to big a lead to beat.

Moving reset day, could just lead to friday evening being redundant and lead to less people in wvw.

I just hope that Anet will move it back to its current time, if they see that saturday reset was a mistake.

Centurion Khadras [KA]

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

If you told us on the very first post that you will need more time to fix problems with the new map and that it will be temporary, 99% of this wouldn’t have happened.
It’s so kitten simple: BE HONEST!

And even though it seems you never cared about this I give you the advise once more: Don’t listen to your fancy data only. WvW is more than numbers. Your numbers represent all people that join wvw, including those who just join once a week. But your numbers don’t show the importance of the communities, the players who are playing this 7 days a week. The players that have built up communities, that organise 99% of the match up for their server. In short: the players that keep wvw alive.
And if you go too far with those people, I swear by God, your gamemode will be dead within a matter of months.

And therefore: listen to the people that are writing in this forum. Let’s say you work on wvw for 8 hours a day as a dev, so you know the code side of things. We play WvW for let’s say 6-8 hours a day so we know what reality behind your numbers looks like.

Together we could create the best game that ever existed. You always cared and worked with your community in gw1 which was part of the success. Don’t give that up please.

You are not going the right way.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Jski.6180

@ darkangelseductions.3084
Hardcore in GW2 is your first problem and is more of a buzz word at this point when it comes to gaming over all.
Every thing must changes and to only being able to react in the way ppl are now to a game is not the best way of going about things.
That the thing you fight your ppl and your self not for a game or even ppt. And though moments of play and time are never turly gone even if things in the system game ect.. do not go your way. What is the lose or how you can lose is by losing touch with ppl becuse of these changes. There a lot more going on with the GW2 comunitly for wvw / GvG ppl then just GW2 and wvw BUT this is where this comunitly came together.
If you truly do not believe some one then you would not post or even work in the same system. On some level you do trues / believe.
Why is Friday the best reset time? Some ppl think Thursday would be far better becuse it gives them Friday Saturday and Sunday to play making wensday the down time. Friday is the is socially saying its ok to binge to over do every thing with it being ok and that NOT how you should live life. Its ok to have highs but if they are too much the lows will be all the worst. Life should be more then waiting for that Friday every day should be a good day not great or over the top day but something like Friday should be spread out though out a week. Something i am hoping we will see with the Saturday changes but it may not work out as long as there is an effort.
(Was very hard to respond to all your points sry if i missed any thing)

@LetoII.3782
Sry i am realy bad with names more so when its account names ppl do not like to hold name types with there in game names making it all the harder to work it out. But if you know me you should know how i see things and i will tell you my views if you bring up your own.
Coven kind of a “free” group we do not fall in line with out leader on your views of things. I personally disagree a lot with our leader but its ok (as far as i know. its a trust thing).

in WvW

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

What are the chances they keep it Saturday forever? I’d say pretty big.

True. Historically that’s where WvW has always been development wise.

Decisions that seemingly people don’t even want (server Bloodlust) with huge periods of inattention after.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

in WvW

Posted by: Murksler.5261

Murksler.5261

I have one little questions. What will happen if we will get a major bug during the reset like last time where everbody was friendly?
Will be there somebody who would fix the bug or will we have a whole weekend where nobody could play WvW?