WvW armor repair

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: HxCFTW.8192

HxCFTW.8192

Does anyone else think that armor repairs should be removed from WvW? I personally think that armor repair in WvW gets annoying since you are more than likely to die, a lot.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

The only ones who think that are the kittenes which die 24/7 but they like to gain exp, karma, money and items.

How about an option for the kittenes:
remove all benefits from wvw and take away the repair cost then
or
stop dying and being bad

I took an arrow to the knee

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: MadCat.1806

MadCat.1806

Believe there’s a purpose for it. You got to avoid dying as much. It’ll also get rid or reduce campers/botters/etc, since it’s going to cost. Not going to be profitable.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

HxCFTW.8192

The only ones who think that are the kittenes which die 24/7 but they like to gain exp, karma, money and items.

or
stop dying and being bad

Sorry, I didn’t know 1v20 was easy to avoid -.-"

And what is this kittenes crap you speak of?..

This was a simple yes, no, or explain your reason kind of question and you decide because you sit on the internet that you can troll. If you are going to troll, please use correct grammar.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Cheesecake.1645

Cheesecake.1645

or
stop dying and being bad

Wow, how ignorant can you possibly be.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Cheesecake.1645

go against my argument go…please so we can see whos the ignorant here, just make some words that will make my argument total invalid.

you cant. simple cant.

topic won already, close it.

I am calling you ignorant for not even trying to discuss the topic properly. Calling somebody “Bad” is not a valid response, just ignorance coming from a person that does not even want to add anything useful to the conversation in a constructive manner. Learn to converse with proper responses then your posts will be read, until then keep your bad manner to yourself.

The rest of us do not need to read it.

(edited by Cheesecake.1645)

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

Sure, it’s easy to roll with a zerg and never die and get exp, karma, and gold from events. Currently repair fee in wvw only hurts the underdog server who’s being significantly outnumbered, where it’s not possible to avoid death and do anything useful at the same time.

Death in wvw itself is a severe enough penalty, since it means one less body to fight and a long enough walk to get back into the fight.

Let’s not be ignorant of the facts.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

HxCFTW.8192

go against my argument go…please so we can see whos the ignorant here, just make some words that will make my argument total invalid.

you cant. simple cant.

the only simple thing that could give a total 180 to my argument is to give more options to repair, like the repair guy asking you ‘’how you want to repair your crap’’ 1. money 2. karma
but karma must be a decent ammount to equal the money sink, but how would that help? your going to come and cry you dont have karma anymore too.

people who die 24/7 will always kitten

topic won already, close it.

You still haven’t explained where this kitten crap came from? WoW?
And I personally WvW to kill people. It is a little hard to not die when you are versing a zerg of 20 people who are targeting you. Btw, it is “Simply can’t” not “Simple cant”.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Cheesecake.1645

i won, close the topic, cant discuss or give a valid reason of why repair should not be there.

Nobody said this thread was a competition, you cannot “win” a thread. This thread was about discussing the WvW Armour Repair cost.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

i won, close the topic, cant discuss or give a valid reason of why repair should not be there.

You know, maybe when you don’t have anything constructive to say in a thread, the best option is to not saying anything instead of spouting /thread.

Anyway, repair fee ties into the whole reward system in wvw, which I believe anet is still tweaking and will be addressing the issue soon.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

HxCFTW.8192

You know, maybe when you don’t have anything constructive to say in a thread, the best option is to not saying anything instead of spouting /thread.

Anyway, repair fee ties into the whole reward system in wvw, which I believe anet is still tweaking and will be addressing the issue soon.

Good to see some good people are still around. I wouldn’t mind a lower repair fee.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Cheesecake.1645

I look forward to seeing what ANet do with WvW, currently my WvW experience is more killing than dying. I think in total i have died 5 times and gotten around 150+ kills (being level 80 helps in that area).

But i think being able to repair with Karma would be a nice substitute to Gold, something along 1 silver to 100 karma i think would be a fair price. Or even repairing with Tokens you get from your kills, since they take effort to collect.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please keep this thread constructive by posting messages that are beneficial to the discussion.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Shania.5293

Shania.5293

It’s not the repairs that bother me personally, it’s the upgrades. I feel like the entire supply game is just swamped by the huge costs of upgrading things.

I can’t help but feel that the Wuv game would be improved greatly if the costs on both of these things were removed.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

It’s not the repairs that bother me personally, it’s the upgrades. I feel like the entire supply game is just swamped by the huge costs of upgrading things.

I can’t help but feel that the Wuv game would be improved greatly if the costs on both of these things were removed.

please do remember that we are still relativly early on in the game’s lifespan. money is still going to be relativity rare.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

JemL.3501

Please keep this thread constructive by posting messages that are beneficial to the discussion.

how can not be my message not constructive in anyway? just because i hurt the feelings of another guy in another part of the world? that was your excuse for erase my post? just because he knows iam right and cannot admit it?

and please dont tell me your nickname is frakov or unrelaved because iam going to do a facepalm irl

why dont you do something more useful and gather all these ‘’repair amor stuff’’ in one single topic insteand of having 10.

and last but not least, iam so right with my point.

where do these moderators come from, i wanna apply to be one.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

HxCFTW.8192

how can not be my message not constructive in anyway? just because i hurt the feelings of another guy in another part of the world? that was your excuse for erase my post? just because he knows iam right and cannot admit it?

and please dont tell me your nickname is frakov or unrelaved because iam going to do a facepalm irl

why dont you do something more useful and gather all these ‘’repair amor stuff’’ in one single topic insteand of having 10.

No one want’s a moderator who can’t speak English very well. Please leave this thread as you are posting unnecessary posts irreverent to the topic.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Cheesecake.1645

What point did you make? I must of missed the part where you gave constructive or relevant feedback to the OP.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

JemL.3501

Relevant feedback? you two cannot simple admit it, because have no argument vs mines.
you just simple cant.

WvW gives you exp, loot, karma, money, should i continue? so in your point of view WvW should only gives benefits but not a single tiny simple consequence, but a PvE player must pay the bills right, even when he does the same, which is gain exp, karma, money, loot, etc.

Having no armor repair will just lead to even worse zerglings.

Go and tell me thats not constructive and valid point.

You simple cannot accept it, thats why i keep saying: ‘’i already won’’

What are you going to do from now on? report the posts which you cannot defend against?

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Cheesecake.1645

Relevant feedback? you two cannot simple admit it, because have no argument vs mines.
you just simple cant.

WvW gives you exp, loot, karma, money, should i continue? so in your point of view WvW should only gives benefits but not a single tiny simple consequence, but a PvE player must pay the bills right, even when he does the same, which is gain exp, karma, money, loot, etc.

Having no armor repair will just lead to even worse zerglings.

Go and tell me thats not constructive and valid point.

You simple cannot accept it, thats why i keep saying: ‘’i already won’’

What are you going to do from now on? report the posts which you cannot defend against?

Easy, set a threshold where if 20~ people kill 1 person by them self in a certain radius they don’t get a repair bill.

How is that for a rebuttal to your argument? And i will report posts that do not add constructive feedback to the thread, When the post is essentially spam it does not belong on this forum.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

JemL.3501

Easy, set a threshold where if 20~ people kill 1 person by them self in a certain radius they don’t get a repair bill.

How is that for a rebuttal to your argument? And i will report posts that do not add constructive feedback to the thread, When the post is essentially spam it does not belong on this forum.

Now you are asking to modify a whole algoritm insteand of ask to remove the repair system, so summary i will still go in a middle of the zerg but i will have 20 people around me for sure, so np i will still not pay the bills, and in pve np i always have 20 mobs around me.

Its simple impossible and doesnt fix anything, the main thing is you just want to NOT have that little sink because you only want benefits.

And the thing is, this doesnt need to fix because is intended and is fine the way it is and is good too, you just simple cannot argue and came back with a fairy tail way for get something in the benefit of your own without consequences.

And no, you didnt report because i didnt add any kind of constructive words, you just did because went angry on me because i am so right which you cannot accept it, and i bet you are reporting this post and reported the last one.

sinks must be there, this one is small and cheap, wp is small and cheap, which other do we have? misc?

in Spvp you dont need to repair your armor or am i wrong?

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Cheesecake.1645

Now you are asking to modify a whole algoritm insteand of ask to remove the repair system, so summary i will still go in a middle of the zerg but i will have 20 people around me for sure, so np i will still not pay the bills, and in pve np i always have 20 mobs around me.

Its simple impossible and doesnt fix anything, the main thing is you just want to NOT have that little sink because you only want benefits.

And the thing is, this doesnt need to fix because is intended and is fine the way it is and is good too, you just simple cannot argue and came back with a fairy tail way for get something in the benefit of your own without consequences.

And no, you didnt report because i didnt add any kind of constructive words, you just did because went angry on me because i am so right which you cannot accept it, and i bet you are reporting this post and reported the last one.

sinks must be there, this one is small and cheap, wp is small and cheap, which other do we have? misc?

Re-read my post, what i said was a suggestion not asking, and i didn’t say walking into a zerg will remove your repair bill, i said 20~ people kill you by YOURSELF (as in no allies around you within a certain radius) it removes your repair bill.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

JemL.3501

WvW isnt about 1v1..i feel like beating a death horse, i rest my case. good bye going to do jump puzzle in wvw because i can.

add karma currency to repair armor if want, money and karma, with equal ammount-like, thats the only thing which is GOOD to ’’fix’’ your gold problems.

good night have dream with something good, like me which i believe you will.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

HxCFTW.8192

WvW isnt about 1v1..i feel like beating a death horse, i rest my case. good bye going to do jump puzzle in wvw because i can.

add karma currency to repair armor if want, money and karma, with equal ammount-like, thats the only thing which is GOOD to ’’fix’’ your gold problems.

good night have dream with something good, like me which i believe you will.

We know WvW isn’t about 1v1. It’s the fact that the chances of dying is very high since you are in a high concentrated player zone. And yes, karma would be a good solution, but I would also like to see the price of repairs drop a little in WvW. I also will not dream about you as I would feel as if I violated the law by dreaming about a 13 year old playing WoW. :S

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: ruok.8560

ruok.8560

What server are you on. If you happened to be on Blackgate you wouldnt be saying the same thing. The server your on completely dictates how often your currently dieing. Blackgate gets steam rolled constantly to the point where dieing is a regular occurance. And repairs are annoying. The benifits are only there if you are in fact doing the killing. Thus there is no reward to offset the deaths on some of the servers like Blackgate.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Like Ruok said, it all depends on your server. If you’re meat-grinding (regardless of why) it becomes very disheartening to pay to repair your armor time and again.
I think there should be a cost to armor repair, it’s good that you can’t just keep running out fully equipped after you die a lot. However, I think a change needs to take place. I like the suggestion of option costs like paying with Karma.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Vaeyrune.6804

Vaeyrune.6804

As much as people may not appreciate JemL’s way of communicating, I think he’s right.

I’m so good, I astound myself!

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Grittz N Gravey.6091

Grittz N Gravey.6091

Even though i think this JemL guy is a complete troll and should be banned from this tread (if a mod can do such a thing) I do think that the repair cost is fine. I WvW every night and 4 the 5 or so hours im out there i make anywhere from 1-2 gold and I spend no more then 30 silver in repair costs. Thats about a 20% dip in my profits, but for the fun that im having and the fact that this is free to play so they have to keep the gold influx relatively low somehow to keep people playing/buying gems i have no problem making 1.5 gold a night.

If your having problems making gold try taking more camps, thats 3 events right there (if there are dolyaks) worth about 2 gold each. 2 camps and you should be able to cover your bill. I complete at least 20 events b4 i have to repair (not counting the ones i get rewards for that i didnt even know i participated in) so you should be making a good net profit. And i play on IOJ so i know what Blackgate players feel like getting rolled by tier 1 servers.

My suggestion, do more side events that help your team; taking sentries, camps, befriending npc factions and ganking yacks, instead of taking towers/keeps 100% of the time. A good balance between the small and large objectives is key to not repairing in WvW.

(edited by Grittz N Gravey.6091)

WvW armor repair

in WvW

HxCFTW.8192

Even though i think this JemL guy is a complete troll and should be banned from this tread (if a mod can do such a thing) I do think that the repair cost is fine. I WvW every night and 4 the 5 or so hours im out there i make anywhere from 1-2 gold and I spend no more then 30 silver in repair costs.

Yeah but are you on a good WvW server? If your server is doing the roflstomping then it’s no issue but if you are the server who is constantly getting roflstomped then you won’t get any profit :P but I can still see your point.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: prophet.3461

prophet.3461

Well, about the OP, I really think REMOVE cost is not a good solution. But reduce it should be work well. If the idea is the option to get from 1-80 in WvW the repair costs must be equivalent to the gold gain along the fight. I’ve not spend much time in WvW now, but I have the real feeling that we dont get so much gold here as in PvE.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: KennyOOSeven.4637

KennyOOSeven.4637

I’d rather the armor repair penalty stay. This MMO is just as light on the ‘death penalty’ as most other ‘modern’ MMOs these days; to remove what little inconvenience there is for a death in WvWvW now would make death entirely meaningless.

As it stands, I’m pretty broke now and I’ve no longer even taken notice to the fees. It’s a pretty light slap on the wrist (assuming you address the repairs as they come; waiting for the full set to be broken can be a bit lofty in cost).

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Grittz N Gravey.6091

Grittz N Gravey.6091

Even though i think this JemL guy is a complete troll and should be banned from this tread (if a mod can do such a thing) I do think that the repair cost is fine. I WvW every night and 4 the 5 or so hours im out there i make anywhere from 1-2 gold and I spend no more then 30 silver in repair costs.

Yeah but are you on a good WvW server? If your server is doing the roflstomping then it’s no issue but if you are the server who is constantly getting roflstomped then you won’t get any profit :P but I can still see your point.

My server tends to pull second din most matchups but its still very hard to gain ground but as i said taking a more incognito approach nets you more gold.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Vordus.1250

Vordus.1250

I think it should be more expensive to die, else you dont lose anything when you die.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Demosthene.2195

Demosthene.2195

If one is smart with money management, has good situational/map awareness and cooperates with organised teams of players, WvW is quite a money-maker - enough to pay the bills and get you going with siege engines. Still, don’t take it for granted because sieges are an organised effort, and sharing gold with your fellow friends/guildies + ferrying supply together is part of the game.

or
stop dying and being bad

It would be bad because they’d still take up precious space for other players. Imo, treat everyone as equal and let them decide for themselves if WvW floats their boat or not - if not, no tragedy, this game has a lot to offer, even if many of us got it specifically for WvW.

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Crusher Devourer.7923

Crusher Devourer.7923

The past few times I spent 2+ hours in WvW, I haven’t died once. Sure the repair cost is a bit annoying but just learn to run away when you know the zerg you are in cannot handle the opposing zerg. Waypoints are free though…thats one plus!

WvW armor repair

in WvW

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

You still haven’t explained where this kitten crap came from? WoW?

I could be wrong but since Aion forums used to auto-replace curse words and other offensive words that people typed with “nyerk”, and GW2 is also managed under NCSoft I’d say the forum is auto-replacing nasty words with “kitten”.

I saw it in a few other posts too and I don’t think people are just calling each other kittens. >.<

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE