WvW changes on the feature patch... enough?

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

•Commanders: The Commander buff is now only displayed to friendly players.

•Siege Weapons: Normalized the hit boxes of all siege gadgets.

•Account-bound WXP. All characters have the same number of World Ability Points available to spend. Spending World Ability Points on one character doesn’t spend them on any other.

•All spent World Ability Points have been refunded to all characters.

•Getting from Rank 4 to 5 now requires 1,000 WXP instead of 2,000

I realize there was a lot of non WvW content in the big feature patch, but it’s still disappointing. Knowing that there will most likely be nothing else added for WvW until later this year or into next year. It’s a shame they didn’t place a little more focus on WvW. Pretty much given up expecting significant changes.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

WXP is more than enough for me. But that is just me…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

WXP becoming accountbound doesn’t count as a feature.

It should have been accountbound to begin with. When it was introduced, the game’s soulbound features were being shifted to being accountbound. Only Anet’s stubbornness and refusal to admit wrong kept it soulbound for so long.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

WXP becoming accountbound doesn’t count as a feature.

It should have been accountbound to begin with. When it was introduced, the game’s soulbound features were being shifted to being accountbound. Only Anet’s stubbornness and refusal to admit wrong kept it soulbound for so long.

It’s a feature, and this is a feature change and addition patch, so it counts.

Please don’t be so worried that one’s pet idea or gripe didn’t make the cut this time around. This patch was a ton of work.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

After almost 2 years, nothing is enough until almost all of these are fixed

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/A-Complete-List-of-WvW-Bugs-FOR-ANET

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

I agree. It appears that Anet is neglecting WvW yet again. Of course the WXP Account Bound change is epic I was expecting more.

How about giving us a Rewards Track like you added to sPVP, but in WvW?

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

After almost 2 years, nothing is enough until almost all of these are fixed

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/A-Complete-List-of-WvW-Bugs-FOR-ANET

Over 90% of the “bugs” listed are intended and not bugs.

The biggest issues I have is the “getting stuck on siege” and “getting stuck in wall/gate” bugs, as well as the occasional bug where you slip underneath the world when building siege on an angle

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

Only Anet’s stubbornness and refusal to admit wrong kept it soulbound for so long.

See also trait reset costs. They tried the same thing in Guild Wars 1 (it was called ‘attribute refund points’ then) and it was so universally unpopular that they withdrew it within six months of the game’s release. Why on earth anyone thought that the same system would be any less of a failure in Guild Wars 2 is beyond me.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

There weren’t really any WvW features in this release. The wxp change just fixes an earlier design mistake.

That said, just be happy they didn’t pull any of the trash from EotM into WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: GoodWithGravy.8019

GoodWithGravy.8019

Don’t worry guys in 6 months they will rename applied fortitude.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Every new passive and new effect given to each class is part of wvw changes you realty should count them in too. Some of them are major game changers mainly 2 sigl for 2hr weapons is kind of big.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

not enough, it’s basically bug fixes.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Good stuff:
Account bound wxp, the new wardrobe system, re-vamped sigil mechanics, re-traiting on the fly. Bonus points for streamlining the build editing process in sPvP. I wouldn’t mind seeing something similar implemented for WvW if done right.

Bad stuff:
Lack of much-needed bug fixes since launch, specifically WvW-related bugs. Sure, they squashed a few glitches pertaining to how certain skills interact with each other and updated a few tooltips, but it’s a pretty lackluster effort after having several open discussions with the player base about what needed fixing. Also, the ferocity change did very little other than make tanky condi-builds even more powerful in smaller-scale play. (The problem is that you shouldn’t ever be able to deal high amounts of damage, regardless if power or condition, while still building tanky. High damage output should rightfully carry a high-risk style of gameplay. In my opinion, it’s certain gear stat combinations that needed tweaking instead of a blanket nerf to critical damage, but that’s a discussion for another time).

On the fence:
The new runes. I like the idea of streamlining rune sets and giving each set more of a distinct flavor, but I also liked seeing some of the clever mixing and matching that people used to come up with for the old runes. Some got nerfed, some got buffed… things’ll settle out soon so not really a big deal. As for the new grandmaster traits, I was pretty worried about a few of them (namely, Triumphant Distortion for potentially being broken as all kitten in a zerg fight), but fortunately ANet seems like they paid careful attention to the forums and made a few last-minute changes (Triumphant Distortion now has an unlisted internal cooldown, Revealed Training had its wording changed so that it couldn’t be abused in conjunction with a stealth disruptor trap, etc). I still think there’s some broken stuff in there, but we’ll just let that play out and see what happens.

The Huh?
One change that snuck its way into the patch was changing to the commander buff to only be visible to friendlies. Maybe I’m alone on this, but I really HATE that change. I think that picking off an enemy commander can be tide-changing in fights of any size. Sure, sometimes it’s difficult to even find that enemy commander in a sea of red names, but every extra bit of focus and pressure you put on that commander means he’ll be more distracted with his own survival and more likely to make bad decisions. Plus, you’ve never truly won the battle until you tonic into a quaggan while spiking the commander and then play taps for him on your trumpet.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

One change that snuck its way into the patch was changing to the commander buff to only be visible to friendlies. Maybe I’m alone on this, but I really HATE that change. I think that picking off an enemy commander can be tide-changing in fights of any size. Sure, sometimes it’s difficult to even find that enemy commander in a sea of red names, but every extra bit of focus and pressure you put on that commander means he’ll be more distracted with his own survival and more likely to make bad decisions. Plus, you’ve never truly won the battle until you tonic into a quaggan while spiking the commander and then play taps for him on your trumpet.

A good, well respected and followed commander can easily be picked from the crowd by observing enemy movements. I do this every day, to friends and foes alike. I can pick out the driver without being told by the guild.

If that isn’t the case, then the commander’s death will be inconsequential.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

That would that be considered a Major WvW patch?

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

That would that be considered a Major WvW patch?

No, that’s pretty minor. A Major WvW patch would be something like adding a new PvE map.

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I miss things mentioned in Commander CDI. Its 4 months ago when players said that they want at least some easy fix fast. Like color changes.
Now we got wardrobe,which is difficult change, but new colors of badge are probably more difficult than wardrobe.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Easy doesn’t equal worth doing. I don’t want different colored badges. I think it’s insignificant, and unjustifiable for the amount of work it would require.

Protip: It’s trivial to do in an image editor, but that isn’t all the work required to get it in-game and purchasable in some meaningful way and working mechanically somehow which makes sense in context.

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Invincible Warriors with Unlimited mobility and Op bursts with Op hammer, Invincible Elementalists with Op defense and offense + Op healing; who needs a Guardian anyway?

Not too long ago, i was hit with thief 13k backstab, 7k heartseeker, 10k cloak and dagger.. how is this feature patch not enough?

With no counter to stealth, zero interest in balancing OP class, guild wars 2 will not stand a chance against mmo’s who refuse these OP mechanics in their game.

History tells us, having No counter to stealth and having God Mode philiosphy defining balance, will only result in FAILURE.

(imagine having WoW with guild wars 2 balance philosophy, would it prosper the way it is?)

of course not!

I will leave with this…

Warriors, Thieves and Elementaists remain Op, even after the feature patch.

As a person once told me, “as long our leaders continue protecting and providing weapons to the bad guys, there will never be peace”

There’s goes “balance”

pss..

((the feature patch only made them more OIP))

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

no counter to stealth, zero interest in balancing OP class bursts, obviously, not enough.

Not too long ago, i was hit with 13k backstab, 7k heartseeker, 10k cloak and dagger.. how is the balance patch not enough?

Run toughness if you can’t dodge. I mean really I’ve never gotten hit for all that, and I run full zerker on every character.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in WvW

Posted by: hholls.3278

hholls.3278

Invincible Warriors with Unlimited mobility and Op bursts with Op hammer, Invincible Elementalists with Op defense and offense + Op healing; who needs a Guardian anyway?

Not too long ago, i was hit with thief 13k backstab, 7k heartseeker, 10k cloak and dagger.. how is this feature patch not enough?

With no counter to stealth, zero interest in balancing OP class, guild wars 2 will not stand a chance against mmo’s who refuse these OP mechanics in their game.

History tells us, having No counter to stealth and having God Mode philiosphy defining balance, will only result in FAILURE.

(imagine having WoW with guild wars 2 balance philosophy, would it prosper the way it is?)

of course not!

I will leave with this…

As a person once told me, “as long our leaders continue protecting and providing weapons to the bad guys, there will never be peace”

There’s goes “balance”

((the feature patch made them more OIP))

Op elementalist just LOL…….. The one that can heal all day but not hurt a butterfly or the one that does damage but is one shotted ?

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

WXP being account bound and stacking sigils now giving FIVE stacks per player kill are more than enough for me. I am happy.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: patricide.1062

patricide.1062

of course not!

I will leave with this…

There’s goes “balance”

pss..

((the feature patch only made them more OIP))

Sure, Warriors OP… But Thieves? LOL. I roflstomp >90% of the Thieves I come across. Eles OP? Double lawl. I don’t even know what to say. Maybe you should try playing one. It ain’t easy.

Support Guardian – D/D Ele
[Rawr] – HoD