WvW community... we are defeated.

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

After re-reading this post, and researching about the nature of it, I’ve concludeed it was NOT sarcasm as I originally thought it were going to be. It is an actually very real post from a PVE player.

’’Scar XXXX.7935:

I feel your pain. But log in next month for the Fall Festival, and then in October for Halloween, and November will be the one yr anniversary of the Karka invasion; so that means a Karka Bash; and then Wintersday; gosh I can’t wait. So many more games, like Angry Karka’s and Karka-farmville. Mmmmm, good
I’m pretty sure January is the month we really want to look forward to. I believe that will be the one where the Elder Dragons will destroy everything but Lion’s Arch and forbid the survivors to do anything but mini-games and theme park content that can fit with in the confines of the city or pocket instances.

“Living Lion’s Arch” is rumored to be the push for 2014, with the goal for the year being half the NPCs in the city offering a gateway to instanced content and the other half each being a vendor for their own specific currency.

There will be a new festival every two weeks to keep morale high and once they have a years worth, they will let them cycle while they work on GW2 Facebook integration.’’

Oh god yes Facebook integration. With GW2 appealing to such a wide spectrum of players, coupled with the fact that ArenaNet has clearly chosen which side they have taken (Living Story/PVE-fest) side, how in the world can WvWers find motivation to keep playing?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

WvW community has been downed were just waiting for the impending “stealth stomp” so to speak.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I’m praying for a clutch shadow-refuge res. We can have dreams, can’t we?

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Man relax allot of player can only pve do to there rig and lag out in wvw/drag in spvp, it is fantastic that there is a festival every 2 weeks and they are constantly upgrading the game. If you played wow or really any other mmo you would see how special what they are doing really is. Along with all these thing they are upgrading all other aspects of the game as well. “WvWers find motivation to keep playing?” We found it… we like killing people. This isn’t pve do you expect rewards cause if they were going to give them it would be to tpvpers because tpvp has a closer barring on personal effort. If they did give large rewards here it would most likely just be exploited. The bag change is awesome though and pretty hard to exploit.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Man relax allot of player can only pve do to there rig and lag out in wvw/drag in spvp, it is fantastic that there is a festival every 2 weeks and they are constantly upgrading the game. If you played wow or really any other mmo you would see how special what they are doing really is. Along with all these thing they are upgrading all other aspects of the game as well. “WvWers find motivation to keep playing?” We found it… we like killing people. This isn’t pve do you expect rewards cause if they were going to give them it would be to tpvpers because tpvp has a closer barring on personal effort. If they did give large rewards here it would most likely just be exploited. The bag change is awesome though and pretty hard to exploit.

ya, we like killing people for 1 year with no changes…. neato. enjoy your 2 week mindless kill npcathon

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

WvW community has been downed were just waiting for the impending “stealth stomp” so to speak.

This made me chuckle.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

It’s more of an Elixir S or Mist Form stomp. You know its coming, you can watch it happen, and there’s not a kitten thing you can do about it.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Convenant.7092

Festival every 2 weeks is not what a game needs to substain itself on the long-term. Meeting community demands in a rational way and assuring substaining PVP and PVE content is what keeps a game running.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

“Meeting community demands in a rational way and assuring substaining PVP and PVE content is what keeps a game running.”

I agree it’s a good thing that is what they are doing.

WvW just got a new mastery, runes and sigils to play with, and champ bags
spvp just got solo que
pve champ bags and pve (runes and sigils change pve exp very little)

looks pretty even to me or if anything mostly in our favor. By improving pve they are also improving wvw.

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Seriously silentflute, how much is anet paying you? I thought other people may have been hard ok you before but kitten seriously? SPVP solo queue is a better version of our RNG matchup a for them and PvE are you kittening kidding me, you are either an anet employee, incredibly stupid, or the biggest troll ever to think PVE and WvW this update was even, we got what you said(sigils will prob get merged to hell) and woo 1 more flipping mastery…PVE got that stuff and whole NEW content, forget about that? All the stuff just throughout the normal world is more than what WvW got, than add on the gauntlet for fights, mini games, and the place with legendaries that give insane loot and just farm forever to make ton of money! Ya that way outdoes what we got, oh ya also our loot got needed hard from the sound of it(already wasn’t even close to best way to get money on the game) so basically kitten you

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Dude if you had actually gone there you would know its not that good a karma train will out loot there bosses no problem its a long timer also its boring. As far as there new content goes all it did is move them from farming in orr to farming in the human city. They get more gold true, but we have fun and that is what we are all here for and its priceless. If you want more gold go pve no one is saying you can’t I spent a few hours there to get my recipes and was soo happy to be done with it.

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

I was there for multiple hours farming because I need money for new food in WvW…karma? No obviously they don’t or so many people wouldn’t be there looting stuff and killing things, and good karma train=boring as well…and still a full new area at least Half the size of a WvW map which is apparently 1000000000x harder to make than PVE maps…and yes we have fun but at what point do all the annoyances and things that should have(or not have) been changed months ago still around? Remember how long it took to fix culling

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: zerospin.8604

zerospin.8604

“Meeting community demands in a rational way and assuring substaining PVP and PVE content is what keeps a game running.”

I agree it’s a good thing that is what they are doing.

WvW just got a new mastery, runes and sigils to play with, and champ bags
spvp just got solo que
pve champ bags and pve (runes and sigils change pve exp very little)

looks pretty even to me or if anything mostly in our favor. By improving pve they are
also improving wvw.

Have you just honestly put WvW on even grounds with sPvP?))))

FYI, sPvP got a whole MAP and not one but multiple, since release. Tell me again, what did WvW got since release? I mean substantial. Culling, masteries and wxp ain’t it.

And in latest patch? Runes, what runes? Maybe PvE got runes, WvW certainly didnt. Champ bags? Sorry, but that’s not WvW specific. The WvW team had nothing to do with it, or the runes, or the effect culling.

Comments like yours are adding to the problem. You are enabling them to dismiss valid criticism just because you don’t see the larger picture.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

And I thought I was a “gloomy gus” about the near-term future of WvW.

The post referenced by the OP is obviously an extreme worst-case scenario.

I’m the first to say that I think this two week cycle is self-defeating. The “mayfly” population of gamers has long since left this game behind, (lord only knows where they went) and those that remain are not so ADHD that we will leave if we don’t have a new PvE zones.

I think people had different expectations for a “living world”. New events, changes to areas, new bosses.

I’d rather they stop “Living World” for 3 months and give us a new Elder Dragon Fight or a full size zone.

In regards to WvW; it is the format that keeps a large part of the population interested in this game. They kill it, they’ll lose so many players that it won’t be worth it.

What they can do, and to be honest it would be what I would do if I was being forced to increase PvE population and decrease PvP participation, would be to condense servers and decrease population caps.

This would do 2 things. It would create greater balance on the servers, and it would encourage people to roam more in PvE since there would always be a queue.

I’m not suggesting this as a solution that I prefer, mind you. However, this development plan seems tailor made to keep revenue flowing; not about pleasing the customer-base.

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Comments like yours are adding to the problem. You are enabling them to dismiss valid criticism just because you don’t see the larger picture.

Oh that’s cute. You think they’re dismissing our valid criticism because of minority comments in among the forums of GW2’s second class players? Pretty sure the FBI and NSA screeners see these threads more often than the development team bro.

Relax, he’s not making it any worse. What’re they gonna do? Ignore us harder?

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Ahaha..

Sad tears.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Convenant.7092

And I thought I was a “gloomy gus” about the near-term future of WvW.

The post referenced by the OP is obviously an extreme worst-case scenario.

If only that were true.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/I-don-t-like-this-update/page/7#post2586129

in WvW

Convenant.7092

Oh I’ve posted my share of constructive posts, but they’ve all gotten buried, even if they had 50+ positive replies, in the graveyard of pages because they were ignored. I think I see the larger picture more clearly than you.

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Jesus it is hard to deal with people with no substance that only respond with snarky comments. Do you guys ever wonder why things don’t get changed its because you do not have the ability to express ideas…. or have no idea…zzz.

Dunnburry I am sry I don’t know what wvw is like on BP you may be right.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I think the amount of living story content were getting is a bit over the top. I think it’s great when special content is released for special events like Halloween & X-mas because it feels more festive.

The continuous stream of PvE content doesn’t really make it feel special anymore but more of a task. By the time Halloween and X-mas roll around, a lot of us may be burned out from doing special content at all.

in WvW

Convenant.7092

Jesus it is hard to deal with people with no substance that only respond with snarky comments. Do you guys ever wonder why things don’t get changed its because you do not have the ability to express ideas…. or have no idea…zzz.

The idea here is pretty clear, and has been expressed, but ignored, thousands of times. People like you are the reason nothing changes; you HAVE no opinion. You’re just an occasional, casual player; that may not be the case of everyone here.

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Ahaha..

Sad tears.

Me ignore you long time Joe.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

What’re they gonna do? Ignore us harder?

I laughed out line at that line. Nice quip … and so true.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: ThaOwner.7560

ThaOwner.7560

i dunno why anet hasent figured out that ppl play wvw as THE endgame of guild wars 2. if wvw stays in its current state or barely changes by the time teso or wildstar comes out, i see no reason to come back to this game

Tybstra| Everything Purple [EP] | Maguuma

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

The idea here is pretty clear, and has been expressed, but ignored, thousands of times. People like you are the reason nothing changes; you HAVE no opinion. You’re just an occasional, casual player; that may not be the case of everyone here.

So your idea is they have more we want more… thats not what I described at all. Idk what you consider a casual player, but I have 3000 hours in the game mostly spent in wvw and am ranked like 476th?? I think in wins in spvp so I would love to see a hardcore player.

i dunno why anet hasent figured out that ppl play wvw as THE endgame of guild wars 2. if wvw stays in its current state or barely changes by the time teso or wildstar comes out, i see no reason to come back to this game

It is hard to find a reason to come back to a game you didn’t leave.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Wildstar is run by NCsoft / Nexon as well, just like GW2 was run by NCsoft / Nexon. Do not give them more money.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Wildstar is run by NCsoft / Nexon as well, just like GW2 was run by NCsoft / Nexon. Do not give them more money.

quoted for emphasis.

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

Convenant.7092 you are correct.

Silentflute is not worthy of 1st generation gaming culture [ignore him IMO]. I will join you in solidarity by not logging into the game. The picture is clear, and our response is also clear. Keep your game community alive or burn it down. Time to decide.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

“Silentflute is not worthy of 1st generation gaming culture”

What an odd thing to say hopefully your an awkward kid and not an awkward adult.

I know you typed this but do you even know what this means lol? I would bet no if you were apart of said culture I don’t think you would be here crying like a baby about the amazingly advanced game we have here…. Was it suppose to be an insult?

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

What? Did you say something? I see passive aggressive attempts to communicate. Are YOU going to be an adult and take a stand for what you believe? No. But I will. Also, I will not respond to you again.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in WvW

Thesilentflute.8761

Um…….lol……ok