WvW decline

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

I know a few servers are getting transfers, but wvw population has decreased dramatically from my perspective. Things slow down in summer, I know, but I can’t help but think that some of the changes pushed even more people away. The sad part is Anet thinks they’re going in the right direction. How much longer do you think wvw will have anywhere near acceptable numbers?

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Jahn.7019

Jahn.7019

Word on the street is that they are going to merge the bottom 6-9 servers into the rest next month.

That should help with the dwindling WvW populations.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

If that happened it’d help alot =x

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Got any links to that merger info?

In a mode where players are basically fighting for “server pride” and bragging rights, it’s a little comical (and telling of the devs’ shortsightedness) if that were to happen.

Whispers with meat.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I know a few servers are getting transfers, but wvw population has decreased dramatically from my perspective. Things slow down in summer, I know, but I can’t help but think that some of the changes pushed even more people away. The sad part is Anet thinks they’re going in the right direction. How much longer do you think wvw will have anywhere near acceptable numbers?

At peaktimes we could have about 60+ ppl,now we have around 30 – 40 i guess.At all times we have about 50% less population on Far shiverpeak,this is no wild guess,it Is happening.Myself the same,i hardly come into wvwvw and when i do i’m bored pretty quickly.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Personally, I think the best change they ever made to WvW was removing repair costs when outmanned. I tend to only play on maps where we are outmanned as I don’t feel compelled to run from every fight and can actually enjoy myself

I believe if they were to remove the costs of WvW or atleast reduce them severely u would see the population explode. Right now it feels like you have to pay a subscription fee just to play WvW.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Personally, I think the best change they ever made to WvW was removing repair costs when outmanned. I tend to only play on maps where we are outmanned as I don’t feel compelled to run from every fight and can actually enjoy myself

I believe if they were to remove the costs of WvW or atleast reduce them severely u would see the population explode. Right now it feels like you have to pay a subscription fee just to play WvW.

THis is a problem with yourself though,you go into a fight thinking of the outcome that will be your death and you having to repair the costs again,hence you run…Youre taking it from the wrong approach.if you go into a fight thinking you will prob die and having to repair the cossts,then thats what will probably happen .Always thinking about money and repairing..Yeah youre basically destroying your own fun this way.Turn of that thought and play…

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

As long as they have the downed system+AOE limit=encourages bad play and results in stale gameplay. That is why you see everyone leaving. You guys are just behind on the times.

The big WvW guilds quit a few months back because they came to realize how boring and pointless the wvw system is early on.

All about numbers and no skill/gameplay results in a boring wvw. Pressing the same button over and over again on Siege can only entertain you for so long.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: xenouk.5874

xenouk.5874

I recently asked my Guild ( 500 members ) why more of them didn`t play wvw the overwhelming response was the poor rewards… in one night you can aquire several rares/exotics plus plenty of t6 crafting stuff and gold but in wvw you are lucky if you get a few badges and some mediocre loot and if you don`t run with the zerg then even less comes your way. Personally I love wvw but I have to put in some serious Farming time so I can pay for the expensive food/repairs/siege etc ( at least badges now take care of decent gear ).
well that was my first post to this forum, just hope someone listens.
Dimplebum….

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

As long as they have the downed system+AOE limit=encourages bad play and results in stale gameplay. That is why you see everyone leaving. You guys are just behind on the times.

The big WvW guilds quit a few months back because they came to realize how boring and pointless the wvw system is early on.

All about numbers and no skill/gameplay results in a boring wvw. Pressing the same button over and over again on Siege can only entertain you for so long.

AOE cap is needed, trying to take a tower or keep would even be worse than now with all the ACs. So even without technical issues the AOE cap should stay. I personally love the downed state. I love when they clutter up and try to rezz.

Problem with WvW is that it turned into siege wars and it takes 4-5 hours to take a keep with people in it. And nobody ain’t got time for that…

A game needs to be dynamic and fast to be fun. I can give you an entire list of games that are succesful with dynamic gameplay. But I can’t come up with any that takes as much time as siege war does at the moment. They turned WvW into boring and slow gameplay.

And yes, I notice a decrease in players too. I used to play 10hours+ of WvW a day. Now I sometimes log in at prime for a couple of hours.

ps.: don’t get how you guys can’t pay for the expenses? When I only played WvW, I still had spare money to lvl up alts to 80 via crafting and give them exotic gear. On an entire day, I usely earn +-10g, all expenses already taken off.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

(edited by MiLkZz.4789)

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Personally I love wvw but I have to put in some serious Farming time so I can pay for the expensive food/repairs/siege etc ( at least badges now take care of decent gear ).

Serious farming? If you spend 1 hour on ori/sapling gathering with multiple characters you probably have enough gold for a week of WvW. Most dedicated WvW people I know earn more coin in WvW than they spend.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

The main issue with WvW is the lack of good rewards and incentive for taking kitten other than fights. Loot is trash, there is no incentive to upgrade anything really other than to make it harder to take. They need to do two things; fix skill lag and better rewards, then WvW in my eyes, will truly be perfect.

Honestly the only reason I mainly play WvW is because its the only fun thing to me in the game. Killing zergs has always been one of the funnest things to me, same with small ops/roaming as well. They’re moving in the right direction, imo. AC damage is still too kitten high though.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

The rewards are already pretty high and I don’t even zerg. You just need to take one sentry and a dolyak for every time you die and you’ll probably be breaking even. Throw in a camp or two and you just paid for your lvl 80 food.

Of course if you actually kill players you just need one or two good group wipes to pay for all your expenses and make a profit. I’ll usually make a couple gold an evening purely in cash, without selling all the mats (and occasional rares / exotics) I get. Gearing up new characters got really cheap with the ability to just buy it with badges and a tiny amount of gold.

Unless you are aiming for a legendary, lack of rewards is a silly reason not to do WvW. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people just don’t want to do it because they don’t enjoy it. That would make sense at least, not sure why they would want to bring rewards into it.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The rewards are already pretty high and I don’t even zerg. You just need to take one sentry and a dolyak for every time you die and you’ll probably be breaking even. Throw in a camp or two and you just paid for your lvl 80 food.

It’s a matter of perspective. A random PvE player could make 20x that in the time it takes you to earn enough to pay for your food. Why would said random PvE player, then, ever venture into WvW? The price tag of WvW is exacerbated if you’re a commander buying siege or if you upgrade bases, too; many a night go by where I am constantly in the red even if I did really well that night.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

WvW decline

in WvW

MiLkZz.4789

It’s a matter of perspective. A random PvE player could make 20x that in the time it takes you to earn enough to pay for your food. Why would said random PvE player, then, ever venture into WvW? The price tag of WvW is exacerbated if you’re a commander buying siege or if you upgrade bases, too; many a night go by where I am constantly in the red even if I did really well that night.

Our commanders get siege donated and making it superior is a guild effort. I never had problems upgrading or buying food :/. And I craft lvled 3 alts and geared them and haven’t farmed for gold yet ever. If I play it is in WvW.

Best golem driver EU

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I get siege donated occasionally too, but many commanders (myself included) on lower tier servers aren’t in gigantic guilds that can front big upgrade/donation plans. I accept donations whenever possible, but I don’t outright ask for them, and if I need something, I buy it first with badges and then with silver if I run out of badges. It adds up fast (especially if you can’t hold points overnight and have to upgrade again!).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

For me WvW is just getting old. Not sure if ANet can do anything about it to be honest. I don’t care for zerging, so I don’t do it. I’ve watched several videos of various GvG fights from Tier 1… it doesn’t even look remotely interesting to me.

So I roam in a duo or small group of 3 to 5 and it’s fun most times. There used to be a good bit of diversity in the small roaming groups, but it’s really just turning into a thief fest as of late. 8 professions in the game and every fight I come across has always got a thief in it. Yet I’m lucky if I come across one other Engie. Gettting bored with it.

Being stuck fighting the same servers for two months doesn’t help with the boredom either.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

(edited by BrimstoneAshe.5043)

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Zee.1294

Zee.1294

Well.. Net guys for sure love there thief’s… Heck ..why don’t just perma stealth them end get on with it…

Viggen ( SF ) warrior – JQ
Want some…..come get some !

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Personally I love wvw but I have to put in some serious Farming time so I can pay for the expensive food/repairs/siege etc ( at least badges now take care of decent gear ).

For those that missed this. he said Food/Repairs/Siege.

Now. Depending, Siege can run anywhere from a handful of silver to several gold, depending on the night, what was taken, lost, if anyone was helping with the cost, tactics used, etc.

I would wager this would also include the cost of upgrades which can quickly become several gold as well, again, depending on the turn over.

Food, again, depends if they mastered cooking or not, if they have to buy the food off the TP, how much they use, what kind, do they put out platters, etc. This can be nominal to very pricey.

Gear I wager covers Repairs and Gear Upgrades. This means, Runes, Armor, Weapons, etc, which can run a good chunk of coin, and given that WvW does not provide runes or anything else for that matter, this can get costly depending on the gear you are trying to make. I mean Divinity runes are 10 gold a shot, so, if you were working towards that, WvW is not going to pay that bill anytime soon, nor does it give you the means to get the rune on your own.

So yah. Depending on how involved you get, WvW can be very, very, expensive.

If all you ever did was use the siege that someone else paid for, ran in the zerg, and never paid for an upgrades, and had already completed your gear set (or did not care about it), then sure, it’s cheap.

But the more you do for your sever, the more it costs, and there are people who do a great deal for their sever that many people do not know about and even less realize how much it costs them.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve noticed a steady decline in WvW too. I think people get sick of dying and losing what they’ve built over and over and over. There’s never an over arcing resolution with a reward. It’s pretty pointless really.

My other problem is, I’m simply not on the same page as the dev’s. From every choice they’ve made in this game, I can say my personality type, taste, and desires for fun are different than theirs. I’m way more a fan of the style of Final Fantasy than this darkish bleh….

For game play itself, I’d much rather have SLOWER battles and more siege. You want dynamic, add variables! Also, more defense to damage ratio. And, every time someone mention’s skill I get irked. Because we all know there are behavior modifiers in the game. If you follow them, you’ll get rewarded by having an advantage. If you do not follow them, you’ll be at a disadvantage. The attempt at removing the Trinity was flawed. As all it did was force and shoe horn all personality types to follow one. A bit of a shallow narcissistic one at that.

For example, my personality type wants to create a builder and a healer as a support/tank character. Yet, we all know tank’s really don’t exist in the game. I like slower game play with range. Yet, we all know range isn’t as powerful as melee. Thus, I’m restricted in how I can play. Everyone is in the end…..

That is a problem that I think a lot of people have with the game. The lack of freedom to be whom you want to be. Even if it’s not in your face, it’s there brewing in the background. Couple that with little emotional or monetary rewards and WvW was bound to diminish. Heck, even the WxP wasn’t implemented properly in my mind.

The only way to keep WvW lively is going to come from us, the players. We’re going to need to come up with event’s and activities beyond the PPT and ganking. Because there is more to life, more to humanity, than killing

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

For me WvW is just getting old. Not sure if ANet can do anything about it to be honest. I don’t care for zerging, so I don’t do it. I’ve watched several videos of various GvG fights from Tier 1… it doesn’t even look remotely interesting to me.

So I roam in a duo or small group of 3 to 5 and it’s fun most times. There used to be a good bit of diversity in the small roaming groups, but it’s really just turning into a thief fest as of late. 8 professions in the game and every fight I come across has always got a thief in it. Yet I’m lucky if I come across one other Engie. Gettting bored with it.

Being stuck fighting the same servers for two months doesn’t help with the boredom either.

Yep. I ran 3 up to 80 in WvW at release. None was a thief and I never grouped. There was no problem finding 1v1 and 1v2 action against a varity of classes. Now you will always find a thief. Even started one myself but deleted it. I still feel tainted though.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

I still play, but not quite as heavily as I used to. My main two reasons for playing WvW less and less:

I have stacks and stacks of badges with no use. I’m not buying siege, I get them from chests. The Invader armor is not really that special. The weapons skins are mediocre at best. Though rumor has it Ascended items will be added soon, but it’s a bit late for that.

The WvW achievements are a joke and insult to WvW players. Only the most serious players will have a title to show in any appreciable time. sPvP / tPvP have titles that can be acquired in a far more realistic title acquisition timeframe. PvE players have plenty of easily achievable titles. Player analysis has shown that some titles will take over 3 years of 24/7 gameplay to acquire! Devs have stated ‘we are looking into it’, but some basic calculations from the start would have shown the hilarity of trying to get any of the titles.

We are told that WvW titles are the “ultimate” title. Sense of entitlement aside, if I ever get one the WvW titles, I better have a gold aura and a dragon mount when I have it shown, otherwise it won’t be worth the effort. Anet, at least let us show our title progression.

Sure, you can play for fun, but let’s be realistic… most players like showing off their achievements, whether titles or bling, and you know this Anet, otherwise Legendaries wouldn’t be in the game.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

(edited by Esprit Dumort.3109)

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Bluesavanah.8562

Bluesavanah.8562

Top reasons from people I know for quitting WvW :-
1. being continually wiped by the zerg
2. PVD, game is just a goldsink if no 24 hour coverage
3 computer cant handle zerg warfare
4 the repetitiveness, 3 maps are basically the same
5 roaming is pretty pointless peak time
6 the fact WvW players are 2nd class citizens, no ascended, loot is terrible mostly and you can make far more cash doing something else.
7 nothing for winning
8 terrible league table, fighting same servers for weeks on end
9 another game has just come out

There’s probably many other reasons many people I’ve known just stop playing. Anet need to get a grip with their development team, because atm they seem unable to introduce a change that doesn’t alienate a large chunk of players with each patch. Every serious WvW player I know pins great hopes on the game coming out later this year having better realm v realm combat.

Commander, Malicious Mischief [MM] ,Gandara
[MM] recruiting currently

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Brassnautilus.2941

Brassnautilus.2941

Yep. I ran 3 up to 80 in WvW at release. None was a thief and I never grouped. There was no problem finding 1v1 and 1v2 action against a varity of classes. Now you will always find a thief. Even started one myself but deleted it. I still feel tainted though.

Do you play alot of BL maps?
Due to the longer voyages on BL maps, classes with better mobility, such as thieves and d/d eles are more popular. I don’t think such was the case with EB.

Thieves don’t usually like to 1v1 other thieves, due to the high potential of one side leaving the fight. In other words, the fact there are lots of thieves roaming meant there are plenty roaming players on other classes for them to fight against.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I’m just bored.

I like the arrow cart buff, wish it wasn’t reduced.

Traps are meh.

Would like better rewards but that hasn’t stopped me.

It is taking the same stuff over and over on the same maps. Taken every structure enough times that it is no longer interesting and getting boring. New opponents won’t change this because everyone pretty much holds in the same points(who is going to hold in a lesser quality choke point,) they push pretty much the same as others.

It is just the fact that I’m doing the same thing over and over every week. At least farming gets a little more variety, I can farm in this map and deal with different stuff which is still boring pve, or I can switch to a different map with different scenery and still fight boring pve mobs.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Yet Again,

I’m Not Surprised At All.

Their Philosophy; “Only 1 Class Shall Rule Them All” >
Which In Turn, Brings > Resentments.

We’re Witnessing The Destructive Long-Term Effects Of An Egotistical Ideals *

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

The meta strategy is boring. Thats the biggest issue imo.
Only ‘bad’ servers are fun to fight against (and by bad i mean they dont blob up into a ball that guarantees skill lag in every fight or bunker down with a crapload of siege with no middle ground between the two states). Other servers do well because they have better players but in its current state they’re basically playing the game wrong (because who wants to have fun fights anyway).
Hugely imbalanced fights have been a problem from day 1 and they’ve shown no interest to this point in dealing with it. There was a time when it was 10 v 30, now its 30 v 100 but its the same problem basically.

Off peak capping is demoralising. Speaking purely from an EU perspective because really the difference in timezones is tiny so there is an off peak. Why bother going to the trouble of upgrading sieging etc (which is a pretty long winded, expensive, chore basically). When it gets zerged down by numbers you cant counter in mins.
It kitten es people off when 90% of a servers population dominates during the time they play but lose because of whats going on when 10% are playing.

Money isn’t an issue until you start upgrading stuff. I make quite a bit of money in wvw but upgrading a keep will basically wipe out any money i’ve made in an evening.
Upgrades really shouldn’t have a gold cost, should just be supply. It doesn’t particularly bother me, my chars are geared, i can afford food and i have no particular ambition of ever getting a legendary but i can see why it will kitten others off

[Dius]

(edited by Caid.4932)

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

There used to be a good bit of diversity in the small roaming groups, but it’s really just turning into a thief fest as of late. 8 professions in the game and every fight I come across has always got a thief in it. Yet I’m lucky if I come across one other Engie. Gettting bored with it.

I know what you mean. Theives have pretty much take up a majority of the map and game. I mean, I don’t blame anyone for rolling a thief to be honest, invsi, high damage, mobility, it’s a class that has all the advantages in small groups and duels.

I mean the increase of thieves is the natural order of things, and will only get worse as time goes on.

However, to be honest, there is nothing we as players can do about it, and like you Wildman, I rolled a thief, got to level 9 and deleted, just, well you said it right.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Top reasons from people I know for quitting WvW :-
2. PVD, game is just a goldsink if no 24 hour coverage
3 computer cant handle zerg warfare
4 the repetitiveness, 3 maps are basically the same
5 roaming is pretty pointless peak time
6 the fact WvW players are 2nd class citizens, no ascended, loot is terrible mostly and you can make far more cash doing something else.
7 nothing for winning
8 terrible league table, fighting same servers for weeks on end
9 another game has just come out

There’s probably many other reasons many people I’ve known just stop playing. Anet need to get a grip with their development team, because atm they seem unable to introduce a change that doesn’t alienate a large chunk of players with each patch. Every serious WvW player I know pins great hopes on the game coming out later this year having better realm v realm combat.

I do believe that you covered about all of the bases. 1,2,5 and 7 are the main reasons I don’t play wvw more. I love the idea of it but the more I play the more I realize it has some serious issues.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

WvW decline

in WvW

XII.9401

AOE cap is needed, trying to take a tower or keep would even be worse than now with all the ACs. So even without technical issues the AOE cap should stay. I personally love the downed state. I love when they clutter up and try to rezz.

Problem with WvW is that it turned into siege wars and it takes 4-5 hours to take a keep with people in it. And nobody ain’t got time for that…

A game needs to be dynamic and fast to be fun. I can give you an entire list of games that are succesful with dynamic gameplay. But I can’t come up with any that takes as much time as siege war does at the moment. They turned WvW into boring and slow gameplay.

And yes, I notice a decrease in players too. I used to play 10hours+ of WvW a day. Now I sometimes log in at prime for a couple of hours.

ps.: don’t get how you guys can’t pay for the expenses? When I only played WvW, I still had spare money to lvl up alts to 80 via crafting and give them exotic gear. On an entire day, I usely earn +-10g, all expenses already taken off.

No..if you get hit by an aoe group and wipe as a zerg that is your fault for sitting clustered in one spot AND being glass cannon AND being slow to react.

You should have scouts spread out, you should be spread out, you should pan your cam when your standing. You can’t expect to be clustered and have tunnel vision and expect to be rewarded.

Or you can stand in one spot clicking button number 1 as is the case now.

As for the gold, people don’t spend the entire day in WvW. You would make the same amount of cash in 2 hous or less in PvE. Also, if you are doing what you like and that is wvw..why can’t you get asc gear rewards and drops used to produce them? WvW IS PVE.

WvW decline

in WvW

XII.9401

I’m just bored.

Traps are meh.

It is taking the same stuff over and over on the same maps. Taken every structure enough times that it is no longer interesting and getting boring. New opponents won’t change this because everyone pretty much holds in the same points(who is going to hold in a lesser quality choke point,) they push pretty much the same as others.

It is just the fact that I’m doing the same thing over and over every week. At least farming gets a little more variety, I can farm in this map and deal with different stuff which is still boring pve, or I can switch to a different map with different scenery and still fight boring pve mobs.

Traps are just a way of milking cash out of you as a reward to them coming up with the worst stealth class in MMORPG history.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

How about adding Naval combat and aerial combat vehicles and mechanics.

Also add Meta events to WvW that are WvW themed after server’s unique and personal hero NPC. 1 per server or multiple. but they have to be unique to the server.

also add a special kind of crafting to the WvW. The resources from WvW and not bought. Special WvW crafting, that functions as a mini game instead of the same click and make crafting the other professions use. So the more skilled you are at crafting mini game the stronger stuff you make. all skill based. So people on the server gain rep based on their WvW crafting skills.

Also add moving sieges. that deal with players more so than walls.
And reduce damage of some of the sieges on players.

Increase NPCs for servers. have them wander around and take multiple players to take down instead of solo.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I’m just bored.

Traps are meh.

Traps are just a way of milking cash out of you as a reward to them coming up with the worst stealth class in MMORPG history.

I don’t need those traps to deal with thieves though. I don’t always win, I don’t always loose, but I don’t have a problem dealing with them.

Interesting idea but I don’t really care to spend the gold on that stuff. Siege already costs enough but I can put down a bunch of them and I get more mileage out of them.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Barquiel.5610

Barquiel.5610

I love wvw but I really wish they would put in better incentives to do wvw. Just a thought but how about 1st,2nd,3rd place personal rewards and have the rewards be amazing but you have to put in atleast 10 hours of game play a week to get the award.

Remove repairs from wvw, and put in ascended gear already. I think if they put in just those 3 things it would become a hit or at the very least bring in more players.

Potenkon Zombieland [WvW]

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Word on the street is that they are going to merge the bottom 6-9 servers into the rest next month.

That should help with the dwindling WvW populations.

They should mix eu and NA imo,
we transferred to SOR last week, and frankly i don’t find any difference in ping atall.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: PaulV.3245

PaulV.3245

Surprise no one has said this but why don’t we just add new maps
We’ve been playing to maps for about a year.
Again two maps.
Considering how big the PVE world is making another two maps should not be that large of a task for wvw.
Heck make it four.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

No..if you get hit by an aoe group and wipe as a zerg that is your fault for sitting clustered in one spot AND being glass cannon AND being slow to react.

You should have scouts spread out, you should be spread out, you should pan your cam when your standing. You can’t expect to be clustered and have tunnel vision and expect to be rewarded.

As for the gold, people don’t spend the entire day in WvW. You would make the same amount of cash in 2 hous or less in PvE. Also, if you are doing what you like and that is wvw..why can’t you get asc gear rewards and drops used to produce them? WvW IS PVE.

sorry but aoe cap is needed else all will run in a zerg ball and just watch each othere as none can hit anything with any aoe abilty as that will insta down them(getting hit by 50-100 retaliation procs at the same time hurts)

let me then ask you what is gold needed for? given that there is nothing in this game thats hard to optian so you need to buy it, tho there is a diffrence in the time to get it.
given that any wvw player can earn enough to make it go around with food, upgrades, repairs and siege if they want to.

tho they could ad new maps and/or new things earned in wvw

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

I think the map variety (or lack thereof) and the lackluster rewards are some of the main issues WvW has at the moment. And it would be great if new maps would be designed in a way that has no tower to keep trebbing, has way more small scale objectives, encourages the zerg to split up more, and just looks more appealing in general (that lake in the middle of the borderlands might as well be a giant black hole as far as I’m concerned).

About rewards, what if we had a daily WvW chest after successfully completing a certain number of events (be it defending or taking objectives)? I think it would be only fair. Even better if those chests could contain armor and weapons with WvW exclusive skins that would actually look good.

Member of TUP on Gandara

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Teel.9036

Teel.9036

If it costs for you then you’re probably not killing enough to get heavy loot bags, WvW can be a cash cow!

Teelie l VoTF

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

I have friends who are still playing CS and SC2. Pressing or clicking the same button over and over again.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

You sound burnt out, when’s last time you took a break?

One time charge game with no monthly fee which is equivalent to a game like Mass Effect 3 that I bought on release (had lots of fun btw) but has long been shelved. GW2 regardless of faults is still a lot of fun (for me anyways ^.^) as the developers continue to support and add content to the game.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: BlackLotus.8349

BlackLotus.8349

I mostly want to see the ascended gear that they are working on and new maps. WvW is my favorite part of the game but it does get stale.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I mostly want to see the ascended gear that they are working on and new maps. WvW is my favorite part of the game but it does get stale.

Read the developer “hints”….

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Plans-to-address-the-failing-ranking-system

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: nesh.7234

nesh.7234

^^
This

Zergfests are main reason IMHO — they should add heavy DR for any groups above (guesstimate) 20 players and a lot of tools/skills for zerg busting. Lately I just see 1-2 “blobs” running around map and nothing else ;(

EU / Aurora Glade

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: PaulV.3245

PaulV.3245

Well, I would assume that if there were more maps to choose from, the population would be spread out more, hence less zergs. There will of course always be those large Zerg guilds but in that case, players may choose a map that they are not on.

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: woeye.2753

woeye.2753

I wouldn’t mind if WvW did go away in favor of proper battlegrounds with some real objectives. WvW is all about numbers and mindless zerging. Not very well suited for long time entertainment.

But I guess we won’t see any changes. Development cost of new maps or real battlegrounds is probably too expensive. And GW2 is driven by PvE players.

WvW decline

in WvW

MiLkZz.4789

Your entire post is filled with assumptions about me and most of them are even wrong. Remember the necro wells? Some guilds ran 10+ necros all power well. They placed it on your group as soon you went through the gate. I didn’t even see a downed state, 20man got insta downed and killed. This will happen again without the aoe cap. And you know what more? The zerg gets insta killed and the casters of the aoe too because of the retaliation. So yea, FUN!

Running as a guild means smooth movement, sticking close together for maximum boon sharing and condition clearing and maximum burst. Ofcourse the squishy casters need to stay a little in the back. If you spread out, the enemy zerg will just steam roll you. So this ain’t a good tactic.

Another assumption about me pressing ‘1’ all the time. If this was the case, I would have quit this game long ago. We moved to a lower populated server to be able to use our skills. So trust me, I use them all.

Me being a glass canon? I know you are active on the warrior forum and you should read my post there more carefully. And you would know I am not even remotely close to being glass. I got 5 sets of armor and not 1 is zerker. 3.4k armor and 30k+ health ain’t glass and yea, still necro wells took me down in matter of seconds.

And why do you need gold? WvW was never ment to be a gold farm? It is a place to have fun, you know end game content. You should have all your gear before you enter it. And still I earn enough with it to be happy. Yes I wont be able to buy a legendary, but I do have 4 lvl 80s all geared with multiple sets of armor, I still buy gems with gold and it was practicly all funded with gold earned in WvW. I do upgrades, and repair costs? Please, they are so low you can’t even consider them to be a cost. I have to admit I settle with the tier 2 food that cost 1silver/piece. But that is because I like my gold and want to buy some more gems ^^.

Best golem driver EU

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Gathering.5649

Shadow Gathering.5649

WvW population across servers seems thinner now than a few months ago. Interest appears to be waning, and I don’t think its due just to arrow carts. You can only play in the same little sandbox for so long before it gets boring. We needed new maps, not WXP and traps.

The PvPers are leaving already, and the rest will follow when the next decent MMO comes out.

Rockrain
FA

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Seriously? The merging of servers? I’m a commander on Isle of Janthir and i have to say i like the way our WvW is, small and like a community rather then large and sloppy where you just zerg over things. It funner to me personally. I would HATE if they merged the servers together. All it does it ruin what us on the bottom have learned to love. You Top T1 server can stick to your pro T1 Zerg tactics, we down here tend to like the small community feeling we have with each other. Although i do have to agree with the fact WvW does need a boost, not in members for us so much, but rather for interest. When Southsun came out we lost so much of our WvW population, and its not like we had a ton to begin with, EB turned green at LEAST once a day last week. Either constantly updated battlegrounds or a sort of rotation of a few set maps (4 different sets for the month perhaps?) Would make the WvW appeal much more. I dont believe a merge is necessary and only a last resort option, there are many more options to simply improving WvW and increasing the numbers that way.

Isle Of Janthir

WvW decline

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

I use to loose 5-10g a week in wvw even with drops.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend