WvW feels like a terrible punishment

in WvW

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

as a TC player I casually play wvw (in the past, its all I did) and I havent really touched it since HoT came out. I decided to finally hop on it since I need the tokens anyway… and whoa. the Borderlands look gorgeous, and im completely alone. This has to be the worst thing ive ever seen. Anet, im not exactly sure why people left wvw (not that many played it to begin with) but you guys need to do a major overhaul on rewards (thats been an issue since day 1) and many other things to get people in here. This is so depressing I had to alt tab just to type this. im going back to pvp/pve because this may make me cry

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

as a TC player I casually play wvw (in the past, its all I did) and I havent really touched it since HoT came out. I decided to finally hop on it since I need the tokens anyway… and whoa. the Borderlands look gorgeous, and im completely alone. This has to be the worst thing ive ever seen. Anet, im not exactly sure why people left wvw (not that many played it to begin with) but you guys need to do a major overhaul on rewards (thats been an issue since day 1) and many other things to get people in here. This is so depressing I had to alt tab just to type this. im going back to pvp/pve because this may make me cry

I’d honestly say that they should have made the desert BL something more akin to EBG and left the alpine BLs, but it is what it is.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

The new maps are pretty, but as far as being functional goes, they’re a hideous failure. Plus that center event causes a ton of lag. Add in the massive grind and paywall for guilds to get back all the upgrades they used to have, and the fact that the only way to do all of that grinding is by doing PvE, and the combination of factors explains why the new Borderlands are empty. And when you add kitten price tag onto all of that, there’s going to be a LOT of unhappy people. A lot of people have outright left. A lot are in PvE grinding to get back all of the upgrades that were taken away. Anyone that’s left is in EB anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: TheThinker.8461

TheThinker.8461

I will tell you why you see such a big difference, but as for the reason Anet has decided to punish WvW, well, they need to answer that question.

Here is one example. Our guild used to be able to use easy-to-get influence to make a buff that allowed us to claim something, a fort, tower, or camp. Now, we have to have a Scribe that for some ungodly reason needs to craft different qualities of “Paper” to open up most of what is available at any guild’s “War Room”. To make the first 3 (three) upgrades takes a low level scribe (thank God), AND 4,500 green logs…. yes…. 4,500!!!

Now, to level your scribe to the next “paper” quality (paper? really????) will cost your guild (or the poor sucker that takes on the scribe “craft” (“Craft” is in quotes because it is NOT a real craft – it is a pure RIP OFF)) about 500-1000 gold… No, I am NOT kidding. And that is to JUST get your guild’s scribe from level 50 to level 75!!!!!!

Now, please refer to the title of this post, “Why punish WvW…” So, this is why I see this as a punishment…

First, NO OTHER Guild “UPGRADE” consistently Needs a scribe… ONLY WvW – again – Why?

Second, NO OTHER Guild UPGRADE (Other then MAJOR restorations, or the Mine) needs anywhere NEAR as much material as EACH freaking WvW upgrade.

Third (and this is a looooong time problem with wvw, not just a HoT issue), the rewards for playing WvW absolutely stink. They are purely pathetic compared to ANY other aspect of GW2. Period. PVE Boss Trains drop tons of loot, Map-events drop tons of loot, and PVP is like the GW2 sweetheart. Good-grief, they even reward PVP’s with real Cash Rewards!! Up to $250k!!!!

Lastly, don’t even get me started about the costs of EACH Guild Banner (WvW or not!) (For example, 38 GOLD (not silver) to make ONE Guild Gathering Banner, or the 100 gold (not 100 silver – which would be reasonable) it takes for ONE Hero Banner!!!)

Now, to be perfectly honest, I LOVE the design changes, all of them. I love being able to get a buff that allows me to jump off of ANY cliff, and not die, love the new champs, love how one must think in order to to attack and/or defend places…

So that really gets me wondering… Anet, why would you sink all that design money into revamping Boarderlands, and then KILL WvW with all this scribing crap? Even if u just plain want to soak all the people who love (or used to love) WvW, why not just make them turn in the material that is needed and LEAVE the Guild Scribe OUT OF IT!!!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Logged in so I could +1 your post, TheThinker.8461. I wish I could +1,000 it because it nails so much of what upsets us WW players. I agree 100% with everything you said above.

Who came up with all that scribe stuff, and who thought it would be a good idea for WvW? Seriously….

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I haven’t logged into the game for around a month. I keep thinking I can do what I did long ago when I was FA, come back and create a little roaming guild that wrecked havoc on enemy BLs. But when I see the costs of building up a guild and lots of reports of no roamers I remember it’s a faint whisper these days.

Or I’m just being emo about it

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

As a TC player, you vastly outnumber the enemy servers. If you’re on your home BL, you’re going to be bored. What’s your time zone and what BL were you on? I wish I could have a moment with no roamers on my BL QQ I’m constantly flipping camps/shrines and warding off small groups trying to take my towers. I swear I’m going to die young.

@TheThinker
All the PvE banners require scribing too. Getting the actual upgrade does not but using it does. That said, WvW still got shafted needlessly by the guild hall…

in WvW

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Logged in so I could +1 your post, TheThinker.8461. I wish I could +1,000 it because it nails so much of what upsets us WW players. I agree 100% with everything you said above.

Who came up with all that scribe stuff, and who thought it would be a good idea for WvW? Seriously….

You can thank Chief “Economist” John Smith and the commerce team for the highway robbery that is WvW guild hall upgrades.

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

I will tell you why you see such a big difference, but as for the reason Anet has decided to punish WvW, well, they need to answer that question.

Here is one example. Our guild used to be able to use easy-to-get influence to make a buff that allowed us to claim something, a fort, tower, or camp. Now, we have to have a Scribe that for some ungodly reason needs to craft different qualities of “Paper” to open up most of what is available at any guild’s “War Room”. To make the first 3 (three) upgrades takes a low level scribe (thank God), AND 4,500 green logs…. yes…. 4,500!!!

Now, to level your scribe to the next “paper” quality (paper? really????) will cost your guild (or the poor sucker that takes on the scribe “craft” (“Craft” is in quotes because it is NOT a real craft – it is a pure RIP OFF)) about 500-1000 gold… No, I am NOT kidding. And that is to JUST get your guild’s scribe from level 50 to level 75!!!!!!

Now, please refer to the title of this post, “Why punish WvW…” So, this is why I see this as a punishment…

First, NO OTHER Guild “UPGRADE” consistently Needs a scribe… ONLY WvW – again – Why?

Second, NO OTHER Guild UPGRADE (Other then MAJOR restorations, or the Mine) needs anywhere NEAR as much material as EACH freaking WvW upgrade.

Third (and this is a looooong time problem with wvw, not just a HoT issue), the rewards for playing WvW absolutely stink. They are purely pathetic compared to ANY other aspect of GW2. Period. PVE Boss Trains drop tons of loot, Map-events drop tons of loot, and PVP is like the GW2 sweetheart. Good-grief, they even reward PVP’s with real Cash Rewards!! Up to $250k!!!!

Lastly, don’t even get me started about the costs of EACH Guild Banner (WvW or not!) (For example, 38 GOLD (not silver) to make ONE Guild Gathering Banner, or the 100 gold (not 100 silver – which would be reasonable) it takes for ONE Hero Banner!!!)

Now, to be perfectly honest, I LOVE the design changes, all of them. I love being able to get a buff that allows me to jump off of ANY cliff, and not die, love the new champs, love how one must think in order to to attack and/or defend places…

So that really gets me wondering… Anet, why would you sink all that design money into revamping Boarderlands, and then KILL WvW with all this scribing crap? Even if u just plain want to soak all the people who love (or used to love) WvW, why not just make them turn in the material that is needed and LEAVE the Guild Scribe OUT OF IT!!!!!!

+1

If I could force the devs to read this repeatedly until their eyes bleed (literally), I would.