WvW food trolling

WvW food trolling

in WvW

Posted by: NiVy.3249

NiVy.3249

Q:

From time to time someone decides to troll the the wvw zerg by randomly dropping cheap(crap) food. Some does it once or twice while others keep at it for hours…
Is there a way to see who is dropping food?
If not, why?
Simply put the name of who ever provided the buff in the tooltip so actions can be taken against that person.

WvW food trolling

in WvW

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I swear some people will take any opportunity to screw over other people, even ones ostensibly on the same team or working on the same goal.

Like the guy in SW the other day dropping the Aviators Memory box by every single bandit chest the train hit.
Crappy food isn’t exclusive to WvW either.
Or building dozens of siege inside towers/keeps to both waste supply and clutter stuff up
So yeah, some sort of "Placed by XYZ.1234 " would be helpful.

It’s not a critical thing admittedly.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

WvW food trolling

in WvW

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

So people are spamming F when they see the little popup, and not paying attention as to why or the implications of doing so?
Not sure how ANet could fix this, certainly giving players a target to hurl insults and abuse at isn’t a solution.

WvW food trolling

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Or just either know your wvw food and not press F .. or have Anet add a small popup to food trays indicating stats.

Don’t be mindless.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

WvW food trolling

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

It’s as simple as telling people to rebind their loot key.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

WvW food trolling

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I think siege & food should ALWAYS have their yellow description/nameplate visible once you get within a certain radius (like 900 for example) or at least have it toggle-able that way you’re not just mindlessly pressing F on something.

I know this already exists via holding down CTRL but a lot of people seem to not know that or don’t utilize it properly.

WvW food trolling

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I drop kitten food all the time, mostly birthday cakes…… the most amusing part of it is, dropping a tonne of em in a zerg v zerg fight then watching ally and enemy eat em all up in a desperate struggle to loot before they die.

It’s almost as amusing as dropping siege on a dead/downed enemy driver and watching his allies spam all their abilities to clear that siege before they rez.

Throwing rams on your own backlines is funny… people assume ARROWCART MUST BUILD, but no, just a ram….

Blowing up bridges in EotM.

Spectral walking off cliffs as commander (fixed).

Running 3-5 laps of SM before the zerg questions your motives.

I’m a little curious though why you think action needs to be taken against a person for trolling around, the purpose of doing such things is to get a laugh out of the people who mindlessly run around spamming F…. I never see roamers fall for this sorta stuff, but zerglings jump on it like fly to kitten. I could be wrong, but perhaps pay a little more attention when you’re in a PvP zone? Everything I listed wouldn’t work or be as funny if people paid more attention to what they we’re doing.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

WvW food trolling

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Maybe someday they’ll learn to bind “AoE loot” to a different button.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast