WvW for Noobs

WvW for Noobs

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

At the core of WvW combat are three systems:

1. The PvP system. This consists of people who play thieves or other PvP specced classes in WvW. They often refer to themselves as Roamers, but their victims sometimes refer to them as Gankers. These are most often found near spawn areas especially camps and sentries, particularly near the south end of the Alpine maps.
    If you see multiple people with two purple glowing effects on their backpack, I would run the other way – that’s the PvP backpack.
  2. The GvG system. This can be groups of about the same size as PvPers, but these have different builds. They could also have many more players than that. They are often built to synergise with one another and will move together in a tight “ball” formation in order to survive better via the following;
    1. mitigate damage via the target cap that most AoE abilities have (usually 5),
    2. pbaoe boons,
    3. pbaoe condition removal,
    4. pbaoe heal via blasting water fields
  3. The Zerg system. Otherwise referred to as the Blob (technically a Blob has at least one guild at the core of a zerg). This works in a similar way to the GvG system, except that the zerg is led by an open squad commander, sometimes not even on voice communications. The zerg welcomes everybody to join in and although it is often derided by those of the other modes for it’s lack of skillful play and brute force method, the zerg is undeniably effective.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

WvW for Noobs

in WvW

Posted by: zaekeon.5128

zaekeon.5128

Thank you. This was helpful.

WvW for Noobs

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

What about all the rest?

The most notable omission is Scouts, but you’re also missing Havoc and a variety of usually un-named roles. If I may…

4a. Stationary Scouts. They remain in a single objective and relay news of enemy attacks to the rest of their team. They build and refresh siege, manage the supply in the structure and lead repairs following an assault.

4b. Havoc Scouts. They patrol the map or a section of it and relay news of enemy havoc teams or zergs. If possible, they’ll also engage said havoc teams. They’ll check on un-scouted objectives in their area if they believe there is an attack and will relay that information as well. They flip camps and sentries and generally keep supply lines running.

5. Havoc. This can be one person or a small group. They disrupt enemy supply lines and assault enemy structures that are not guarded by large garrisons. Their goal is to drag the enemy zerg around by forcing them to respond for defense and therefore leaving opportunities for other Havoc teams or zergs to assault other structures.

WvW for Noobs

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

For new players. Transfer to Maguuma server for all the ex-gvgers there are willing to teach new comers. That or they will carry you. Either way, stack Maguuma for epic loot.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

WvW for Noobs

in WvW

Posted by: Vicious.3042

Vicious.3042

For new players. Transfer to Maguuma server for all the ex-gvgers there are willing to teach new comers. That or they will carry you. Either way, stack Maguuma for epic loot.

Not this week though, this week you guys are up against BG. GL :P

WvW for Noobs

in WvW

Posted by: Chinchilla.1785

Chinchilla.1785

Not this week though, this week you guys are up against BG. GL :P

I am on BG (they lost to YB fyi, lol). So Idk about GL.

RISE guild best guild super RPers trash blob guild [RISE] masters of the die on inc technique.

Trinity Of Our EU Lords [Kazo] Zudo Jason Betta

WvW for Noobs

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

What about all the rest?

If you’re trying to make me say they aren’t important, I’m going to disappoint you.

I wanted to cover the core of WvW for new players. I think I’ve done that.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.