WvW for map exploration... Why.

in WvW

Posted by: Scott Cindershot.9817

Scott Cindershot.9817

Here’s the thing. Why make 94% of the map Tyria. Then the other 6% for WvW?

Sure WvW is considered the map. But why make a majority of the Poi’s and vista’s in area’s you can’t go into?
I’m not going to pay 1800 gems to be stuck in a different server for 1 poi that I can’t get because my server doesn’t WvW ever.

Also, the people who play are completely unreasonable. I simply sit behind and tell them, I’m just waiting for the gate to come down so I can take the last poi I need in greenlake. They don’t listen. Their so worried about their achievement crap that they just see me as a free kill and are not willing to help me out one bit.

Example: I’ve wasted 3 hours. Telling my group we should take over greenlake. Nobody comes. I tell the other team that is taking it over, I just want the poi. They don’t listen. Kill me on sight.

The whole fact that your FORCED into doing WvW for a thing you’ve done in PvE for up to 94%, is just stupid.

I HATE PvP related things. I came from Guild Wars 1, I only ever did PvE. I’ve done small amounts of PvP. I don’t care for it. Why am I being punished into having to do this PvP WvW crap for a goal I had been working on in PvE.
Fix this. Give us PvE’ers something to bypass the selfish WvW’ers who won’t let us do a dang thing, because I’m tired of wasting hour after hour on something so broken.

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Patience, my young padawan. Wait for this week’s patch to randomise the matchups a bit and you might get to change colours which will make reaching certain areas easier than from wherever you are currently.

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

Exclude WvW maps from map completion and make WvW map locations give WXP. Win-win. No annoyed PvErs that need few locations for map completion and WvWrs are not stuck with people that do not even wan’t to play WvW.

[Hex]

in WvW

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

I miss old times when pve served just as preparation for rvr

in WvW

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

First off it’s PVP obviously the other team is gonna kill you because that’s how they are having fun, they don’t give 2 kittens about you needing a POI, the problem here is simply you don’t understand PVPers mentality or WvW well at all…also many WvWers have to PVE for stuff A LOT more than PVErs have to PVP for stuff so no one here is sympathetic to you at all

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

You argument can be used the same way around, why do we PvPers have to go do PvE for a WHOLE 94% to do map completion -.-

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Scott Cindershot.9817

Scott Cindershot.9817

First off it’s PVP obviously the other team is gonna kill you because that’s how they are having fun, they don’t give 2 kittens about you needing a POI, the problem here is simply you don’t understand PVPers mentality or WvW well at all…also many WvWers have to PVE for stuff A LOT more than PVErs have to PVP for stuff so no one here is sympathetic to you at all

The mentality that Arena Net is force feeding PvP down PvE’ers necks?

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I always enjoy this topic. It should be posted more often..

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

dunnberry.2964

How are they force feeding it please tell me? We have had probably only 2 decent patches being removal of culling and WXP since the game came out!!! How much kitten has PVE got? Something every god kitten month, seriously research a little bit before you post such ignorant things

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Here’s the thing. Why make 94% of the map Tyria. Then the other 6% for WvW?

Sure WvW is considered the map. But why make a majority of the Poi’s and vista’s in area’s you can’t go into?
I’m not going to pay 1800 gems to be stuck in a different server for 1 poi that I can’t get because my server doesn’t WvW ever.

Also, the people who play are completely unreasonable. I simply sit behind and tell them, I’m just waiting for the gate to come down so I can take the last poi I need in greenlake. They don’t listen. Their so worried about their achievement crap that they just see me as a free kill and are not willing to help me out one bit.

Example: I’ve wasted 3 hours. Telling my group we should take over greenlake. Nobody comes. I tell the other team that is taking it over, I just want the poi. They don’t listen. Kill me on sight.

The whole fact that your FORCED into doing WvW for a thing you’ve done in PvE for up to 94%, is just stupid.

I HATE PvP related things. I came from Guild Wars 1, I only ever did PvE. I’ve done small amounts of PvP. I don’t care for it. Why am I being punished into having to do this PvP WvW crap for a goal I had been working on in PvE.
Fix this. Give us PvE’ers something to bypass the selfish WvW’ers who won’t let us do a dang thing, because I’m tired of wasting hour after hour on something so broken.

The awesomeness of you calling wvwers selfish while you ask for greenlake to be capped for YOU is so delicious it can not be described without a song. Sadly I lack any sort of musical talent and can not write this song. Rest assured, if such a song were to be written it would be glorious.

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Nikola.3841

Can someone post link to video of Steve Buscemi line about world smallest violin?

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Exclude WvW maps from map completion and make WvW map locations give WXP. Win-win. No annoyed PvErs that need few locations for map completion and WvWrs are not stuck with people that do not even wan’t to play WvW.

AND let WvW’ers get legendaries and map completion (a WvW one) purely in WvW. Some of us are mostly pure WvW and don’t like doing much grinding in PvE for stuff, so its almost equally unfair to tell people who want to only WvW “You must grind hundreds of T6 mats, lots of dungeons, and get 94% of the map”, if you’re argument is “PvE’ers have to do 6% of the stuff they don’t like, but can then do all the other stuff they do like”.

Whenever this argument comes up, with a PvE’er saying stuff like “we don’t like how we cant get that last 6% by walking into the map”, and WvW’ers say “we don’t like how we have to get that last 94%, doing all those hearts, PoIs, SP’s, etc”, they almost always call us selfish…which is just silly. We’re not saying you’re wrong, we’re saying you’re right. You don’t want to do the 6%, we don’t want to do the 94%, so, they should fix that.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Um. What about the 500 badges that you need for the legendary, too?

I honestly don’t see a problem with the status quo, especially with next week’s patch randomising matchups, which’ll either randomise your color and thus start points, or potentially give your server the ability to dominate everything else, unless you’re at the very bottom of T8.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

AND let WvW’ers get legendaries and map completion (a WvW one) purely in WvW. Some of us are mostly pure WvW and don’t like doing much grinding in PvE for stuff, so its almost equally unfair to tell people who want to only WvW “You must grind hundreds of T6 mats, lots of dungeons, and get 94% of the map”, if you’re argument is “PvE’ers have to do 6% of the stuff they don’t like, but can then do all the other stuff they do like”.

Whenever this argument comes up, with a PvE’er saying stuff like “we don’t like how we cant get that last 6% by walking into the map”, and WvW’ers say “we don’t like how we have to get that last 94%, doing all those hearts, PoIs, SP’s, etc”, they almost always call us selfish…which is just silly. We’re not saying you’re wrong, we’re saying you’re right. You don’t want to do the 6%, we don’t want to do the 94%, so, they should fix that.

Just to clarify, since you quoted me, I’m full WvW player. I just feel that map completion achievement is really PvE thing, since it does require a lot of PvE to complete. I feel rather foolish when attack some PvEer that has no desire to do any PvP, but just need few locations for map completion. If I realize that it is a PvE ‘tourist’, then I back off and let them get their locations at peace. I rather fight (and maybe lose) with player that is prepared to fight in WvW. Call me old softie.

Server rotation might help PvEer to get that map completion, but it is still rather silly to have people that do not want to really do WvW wandering in maps and taking spots in WvW. PvEer that has done 94% of map completion will try to do rest of it too and if it takes a lot of waiting in spawn, they will do it and we wait in ques. Mostly it is just that if we are not getting some sparkly things, then others must suffer until we do and best if all suffer (PvEers and WvWer alike).

[Hex]

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Just to clarify, since you quoted me, I’m full WvW player. I just feel that map completion achievement is really PvE thing, since it does require a lot of PvE to complete. I feel rather foolish when attack some PvEer that has no desire to do any PvP, but just need few locations for map completion. If I realize that it is a PvE ‘tourist’, then I back off and let them get their locations at peace. I rather fight (and maybe lose) with player that is prepared to fight in WvW. Call me old softie.

Server rotation might help PvEer to get that map completion, but it is still rather silly to have people that do not want to really do WvW wandering in maps and taking spots in WvW. PvEer that has done 94% of map completion will try to do rest of it too and if it takes a lot of waiting in spawn, they will do it and we wait in ques. Mostly it is just that if we are not getting some sparkly things, then others must suffer until we do and best if all suffer (PvEers and WvWer alike).

Oh no no, I was agreeing with you basically. they should be separate, however, I think the issue then becomes what do you do with legendaries? Would they become an only PvE thing (since if they get rid of map completion in WvW for them, people will keep whining about the 500 badges for them), or would they make 2 different versions…or?

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

dunnberry.2964

Woo 500 badges offing so hard to get especially with the JP

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

If it make you feel any better, none of the Npc mobs listen to me when I tell them I am just trying to get the poi. They kill me just the same.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You argument can be used the same way around, why do we PvPers have to go do PvE for a WHOLE 94% to do map completion -.-

This times 1000.

On TC there have been several times that we’ve taken a specific point just to help some one with the last poi that they needed. Sorry your server isn’t so friendly.

Soon with the new matchup system you shouldn’t have as many issues getting your WvW map completed.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I think having WvW part of map completion was/is a mistake. This wouldn’t have been such a big deal if the server rotation hadn’t ground to a halt months ago, essentially making it impossible to get map completion for some players. The odds of Borlis Pass/Anvil Rock taking Ehmry Bay’s Keep in Eternal Battleground while I am online and playing WvW is extremely slim, and our servers are locked in a 3 way that’s not about to change anytime soon.

Thankfully the new system will make this possible again, but really it should have never been in the first place.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I think having WvW part of map completion was/is a mistake. This wouldn’t have been such a big deal if the server rotation hadn’t ground to a halt months ago, essentially making it impossible to get map completion for some players. The odds of Borlis Pass/Anvil Rock taking Ehmry Bay’s Keep in Eternal Battleground while I am online and playing WvW is extremely slim, and our servers are locked in a 3 way that’s not about to change anytime soon.

Thankfully the new system will make this possible again, but really it should have never been in the first place.

I feel that legendary weapons are far too PvE slanted. Seriously try to make one by doing WvW and see how far you get. People have to do a small bit of it in WvW and complain. Seriously what the kitten.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

If all you do is pve transferring shouldnt affect you just to get wvw completion based on the fact of guesting…id suggest sea of sorrows they regularly 100% every map during oceanic and have people on at all time pve and wvw

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

and why as a WvW player should I have to get world completion in PvE areas? Oh wait, I don’t unless I want to get a legendary. If I want to get the legendary then that’s my job and I won’t complain about map completion.

Get over it.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

You realize that you can’t talk to your enemies unless you are in the same party, right?

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

(edited by Bertrand.3057)

in WvW

Posted by: WitM.2308

WitM.2308

If you want a legendary, you should participate in every aspect of the game, or you’re not qualified to own a spiffy item like that. Simple as that. Just be glad they didn’t actually make it something that required anything other than patience and the occasional bit of luck.

Also, even as someone who both enjoys WvW and PvE I can’t stand people asking for PoIs in WvW. Either go grab some rams and take it, or get your guild together for a WvW PoI raid night, that way you are helping the server instead of diverting the server’s resources for your own selfish ends, obviously if your PoI happens to coincide with the commander’s goals, feel free to provide the extra superior siege to make it all happen faster. I’m also sure that commanders are more than happy to help you take a target (if possible) in return for say a donation of superior siege (can’t ever have enough superior siege).

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If you ever go for a legendary doing the WvW map completion will be the least of your worries.

Anet nerfing the best T6-material farm spot will probably be the first one, and not far bellow the bad implementation of the precursor weapons.

in WvW

Nikola.3841

Btw, isnt taking all wvw POIs equally hard for both pvp and pve people? If some point is held by enemy, pvp-ers cant reach it either

in WvW

Posted by: ChroNoS.6978

ChroNoS.6978

The awesomeness of you calling wvwers selfish while you ask for greenlake to be capped for YOU is so delicious it can not be described without a song. Sadly I lack any sort of musical talent and can not write this song. Rest assured, if such a song were to be written it would be glorious.

Well.. I’ll have a crack at it!(though I barely have any creative juices myself so :s)

Sung on the tune of “Twinkle Twinkle little star”

Scottie Scottie why so sad? We will kill you ‘cause you’re bad.
If you wanna throw a fit
Don’t think we will give a s**t
Scottie Scottie why so mad? All your tears will make us glad!

All I can say is “PvErs..” and Roll my eyes in a really dramatic way.

Qronuz – Ranger