WvW gear salvage

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

to A-Net,

now that you already planned for the ascended gear salvage, can we have the same for WvW gear so that we can transfer our expensive runes/sigils to other gear or sell them ? no need for the salvage mats, we only want to recover upgrades. after all, those WvW gear require gold in the first place, so even if the provide salvage mats, it wouldn’t matter much anyway,

can we get response from A-Net on this matter? ever ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Better yet, can we have actual ascended gear via drops in WvW so we can salvage it ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

asc gear can drop pretty much anywhere. I’ve already gotten several pieces in WvW

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Tongku.5326

asc gear can drop pretty much anywhere. I’ve already gotten several pieces in WvW

that is true, as did i, however, i have gotten many many many many many more pieces of it outside of wvw, mainly via obtaining mats to craft it at much much higher rates and of course fractals for rings of which now i have 1 alt inv full + 2 bank tabs.

the few lonely pieces you get from wvw, are not considered for salvage because they are too few, especially when compared to the rest of the game. i was specifically referring to EXTRA ascended gear for salvage.

also, there are people who play wvw (not myself but others) whose main source of ascended is wvw. because they have so few of the ascended pieces, especially now that the stats can be changed, they will not be able to salvage as well, as those pieces are in use, also, infusions in currently used pieces prevents them from becoming salvagable for practical purposes.

my apologies for the misunderstanding and being unclear on it.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Not going to happen!

The community has been asking for this for as long as I can remember. Anet wants us to buy upgrade extractors.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

The extractor is more expensive as the whole rune set

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

azizul.8469

extractor is for that expensive +15AR infusion….

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Nemaides.6873

Nemaides.6873

to A-Net,

now that you already planned for the ascended gear salvage, can we have the same for WvW gear so that we can transfer our expensive runes/sigils to other gear or sell them ? no need for the salvage mats, we only want to recover upgrades. after all, those WvW gear require gold in the first place, so even if the provide salvage mats, it wouldn’t matter much anyway,

can we get response from A-Net on this matter? ever ?

That would be great indeed.

I have half of one bank tab filled with Wvw gear with force rune. Took me some time before realizing WvW gears could not be salvaged, and i suppose I am far from being the only one.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I got 2 full sets with Traveler runes…i don’t care about whatever else i might got from salvaging those, i only want my runes back.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

azizul.8469

Dev, respond please… show us some love

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You might have to point out what WvW is and what it stands for so devs have a clue what kind of gears were talking aboutr.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Tongku.5326

The extractor is more expensive as the whole rune set

Only things extractors are good for is 10+ AR infusions, WvW infusions if you are short on laurels, and superior sigils of generosity. all else makes no sense using extractors.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Shi.1685

Shi.1685

I’d love if they could make it salvageable, I still have like 3 sets with hoelbrak, 2 with strength and another 2 sets with traveler runes.

Thing is now i have full ascended armor, and since it’s possible to change its stats, those sets are really just sitting there

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

azizul.8469

bumping to get Anet attention.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Won’t happen. Tons of people raised a huge stink about this over a year ago when they changed the whole wardrobe system and the transmutation stones. Thread after thread asking for this. I actually quit the game for a while because it was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I still have most of my expensive stuff sitting in a bank tab hoping one day they’ll do something about it. I doubt it, though. Isn’t going to happen.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

got 1 piece in 2600 ranks, can confirm ascended definitely drops in WvW once in several years

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

got 1 piece in 2600 ranks, can confirm ascended definitely drops in WvW once in several years

Got 4 in roughly 1200 ranks. Got 3 from sPvP, currently Tiger rank. And got none from PvE so far. Also crafted a full heavy set.

I’m not saying it drops often, only that RNG is just that RNG. Crafting is the most reliable way of getting asc, just like crafting is the most reliable way of getting exotics.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

This has been a problem since launch. Many have complained. There is absolutely no reason that wvw armor/weapons should not be salvageable/forgeable. Yet they continue to ignore.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

Yeah, it doesn’t really make sense, it is definitely one of the many things ANet has “forgotten” to do because other content is more important. They should at least patch this with Heart of Thorns, they are changing the BL maps anyway so might as well do it while placing the merchant NPCs n’ stuff.

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Fiedi.3297

Fiedi.3297

What i really don’t get is the gear in wvw is not gifted to us or anything. We farmed for it, we paid gold for it. So why is it this gear is treated differently then gear from dungeon-tokens which are gold free btw.
Does that make any sense to anybody? Is that in any way fair?
I want my sigils and my runes back by salvaging, at least that. Why should i pay up for new stuff when nobody else has to just because they aquired their gear in a different playmode?
Wasn’t the policy here to play what you want in the game and be treated equally and rewarded equally ?!
Neither can i get my sigils/runes back from my wvw-gear nor can i put it in mystic forge, nor can i salvage it. I farmed and payed for it and the runes just to only get it destroyed when i wanna switch out something…
THIS ISN’T RIGHT!

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

azizul.8469

yes, patch this before HoT launch please !

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Since they are making a salvage kit for ascended we should at least get a kit for wvw gear.. Even if it costs badges to buy the kit and it just gives me back the runes I’d be happy.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Lawrencii.1356

Lawrencii.1356

+1 to this. I own 3 armor sets only for my Necro that I don’t really use and can not delete because runes

¬ I A Euphy ¬ SoS ¬

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

They should just remove the runes from WvW gear and make upgrades salvageable, problem solved, super easy. or make the runes major not superior and have the armor salvageable.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Zachary Stiers

Zachary Stiers

Gameplay Programmer

With Heart of Thorns the exotic equipment purchased with gold and Badges of Honor will become salvageable. Salvaging a piece of this gear returns only the upgrades that were applied and some Badges of Honor.

Real Life Hero

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Look it all the red name posts!

You all better behave!

*gives you all the hairy eyeball.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Haruka.9624

Haruka.9624

Oh, good news for WvWers
How mystic forge for WvW badge gears? I hope that we will can throw.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

briggah.7910

Wow. The red posts in the wvw thread just keep getting better I can finally clean up my bank space and get my runes back,

Player Vs Everyone

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

and what about orr temple karma armors

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Thats some great news, glad to see action in the WvW section Just make sure couple other things are fixed from other threads and it’s gonna be really nice start, maybe xD

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

briggah.7910

and what about orr temple karma armors

Whats orr? Whats temple armor? PVE threads are thata way ->

jk :P

Player Vs Everyone

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

With Heart of Thorns the exotic equipment purchased with gold and Badges of Honor will become salvageable. Salvaging a piece of this gear returns only the upgrades that were applied and some Badges of Honor.

Any chance for the same happening with karma gear, maybe returning either a bit of karma or some token material?

For example, they could return a tiny bit of glittering dust, explaining that way why renown heart NPCs have so many of their stuff: karma gear they give you would actually be replicas made with magic out of dust.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Shukriyya.7629

Shukriyya.7629

That’s wonderful news! \o/

RoF

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

This is very good news – saved my gear with decent runes/sigils “just in case”…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Schadenfreude is our Friend.6950

Schadenfreude is our Friend.6950

Oh thank god!!!! This makes me so happy. I bought a ton of it a few years back, before ascended was announced/released… thinking that exotic was all I’d need. Oops. Love this change!

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Will is work for gear already purchased or purchased after HoT release only?

… I still want tengu.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

azizul.8469

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY FINALLYYYYYY !

THANK YOU ANET !!!

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

Is this the real life? I’m actually reading red posts about coming wvw changes that are good?

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Zachary, thank you.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

This is great news Zachary and much appreciated.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: yawg.4172

yawg.4172

How about Mystic Forgeable?

Yawg
Ready and Willing Knights [RAWK] Leader – Founding Member (10 Years of GW!)

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Menaki.6329

Menaki.6329

wonderful news, thank you

[KILL] – Jade Quarry

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: volpenvieh.3201

volpenvieh.3201

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr… 2 days too late…

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Caerbanog.3410

Caerbanog.3410

And exotics obtained with guild commendations?

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Gorisek.2678

Gorisek.2678

Finally!^^ Thx!

Also, i was thinking a while back if this happens, and i have a question:

• It takes 5 runs to earn enough tokens to get one piece from dungeons (exotic)
  • It takes more then 1 day (24hours) to get enough tokens + you have to pay 1gold per piece

If you speed run with friends you can do 5 dungeons in about less then 2 hours, while in organized WvW (even if you go EOTM) you are not able to farm enough badges to get 1 piece in 2hours + you still have to pay 1 gold for it, while both have to be organized, on T1 servers it’s even harder to get badges simply because objectives are protected at any point

I was always thinking why are we on some way, punished, wouldn’t it be better to have like double badge price, and then you simply pay no gold and it’s possible to salvage + get material back same as in dungeons?

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: kyrmana.5679

kyrmana.5679

I hope it will still be unsellable

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

And what about all the runes the rest of us have lost from having to dump old gear?
Some of us have lost hundreds of gold cos of it.

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

And what about all the runes the rest of us have lost from having to dump old gear?
Some of us have lost hundreds of gold cos of it.

changes come …..deal with it and be happy for the future

You dont really expect an refund for all old stuff? Come on

Mmmmg doly rune dropped in price to 12 s . pls refund me 4 g. Once upon a time it was worth 4g 15 s !

http://www.gw2spidy.com/search/rune%20of%20the%20dolyak?recipes=0

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Nevaahe.6308

Nevaahe.6308

Great news, thanks!!

WvW gear salvage

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Son of a kitten…. I kittening knew it. I have had WvW armor clogging up my inventory for the past couple years and I knew as soon as I deleted it this would happen, and I finally gave in and deleted it earlier this week….

My lawn could really use some rain, maybe I should go wash my car to make that happen as well.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended