WvW getting some love ~ Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

Better late then never WvW getting some quality of life items… So Thanks Anet

- Salvage WvW Gear to get badges/runes/sigils out
- Achievements getting reworked
- Guild buffs for WvW getting reworked

What else could anet improve on before release?

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

rewards , i have 30k badges which i have no intention of using on the trash i can get for that, the time i would spend on upgrading the siege to get at least some gold is better spend on running dungeons and get more gold in the same time

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

rewards , i have 30k badges which i have no intention of using on the trash i can get for that, the time i would spend on upgrading the siege to get at least some gold is better spend on running dungeons and get more gold in the same time

this is true. I wish we could buy certain runes/sigils with badges of honors as well as they tie in directly to WvW or with legendary mats coming up I hope we can covert WvW badges to these new mats.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Before release? The biggest things I can think of that seem like they could be simple to implement;

• Adding more stuff to buy with badges.
  • Stopping people from building siege in the corners of invuln zones.
  • Allowing people to transfer for discount/free to lower pop servers.
  • Removing the Dredge Turret you get after taking the dredge in EB. (never understood why the dredge got the extra annoying feature compared to the other mercenaries)
  • Bringing back Points Per Kill.

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Before release? The biggest things I can think of that seem like they could be simple to implement;

• Bringing back Points Per Kill.
  • Allowing people to transfer for discount/free to lower pop servers.
  • Adding more stuff to buy with badges.
  • Stopping people from building siege in the corners of invuln zones.

I agree with all these points and have listed them in order of importance for me. PPK allows for more wvw then worrying about ppt. Allowing players to move to lower tiers without cost is good but anyone that wants to be in lower tiers is already there.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

Most of my tips is from WO (Warhammer online) the game that got RvR right in everyway. I complained back then, but now i finally see how good it really was.

• Add meaning to claiming keeps & towers(And don’t dare say “Oh banners!”
  • Defending a keep or tower is hard when you can’t even use oil, you die pretty much instantly (Add height to all towers so most classes have a hard time reaching those at Oil (People will need to focus oil first for once instead of only focusing gate)
  • Put in a common real GOAL for WvW, as of right now, i have a hard time seeing that specific goal.
  • Add more upgrade options for for all keeps and towers.
  • Fix so you can see regions (name of the different locations in WvW) on the mini map
  • Artillery pieces like catas as example should do more dmg the further away it is (So placing them or the other artillery pieces right next to a wall would be useless)

Imagine locking zones in order to open up a specific new zone with castles to try and take over, i mean, that would add impact in WvW as a whole, imagine that specific goal getting achieved by a server. Imagine that everyone knew what to focus on when entering WvW without any question. Taking over the last castle and win over X server.

in WvW

Posted by: Sich.7103

Sich.7103

siege should have friendly fire, at least against other siege, then no more cata directly on the wall. Maybe no friendly fire against players, but at least between siege.

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

2 years too late if you ask me.

This is just them pretending to care about WvW so more WvW players buy HoT.
You can bet after HoT release we wont see a WvW update until the next “expansion”!

Sorry but I still aint buying, especially at the current price!

in WvW

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

So happy these changes are coming… after so long waiting. I guess it is ‘baby steps’ on the path to perfection.

in WvW

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

OMG why did I never think about the addition of sigils/runes you could buy with badges…

Although, they’d have to be account bound imo, but even then, would kill the market for certain runes n sigils lol

Or maybe certain sets that can only be bought through wvw badges?

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Revamp the glicko system.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

-Get rid of the wildlife, or turn them nonhostile, gets annoying having enemies rallying off of them, or having them putting you in combat. Get rid of the mosquito event in EB, why on earth is that there.

-Reward tracks to give wvw specific rewards like siege, reg/asc mats, etc to lessen the need to do pve

-Not a wvw issue but make karma gear salvageable for upgrades to, wanted to throw this out there

-Bring stealth into line, enough perma stealth bs, its a competitive gamemode, having people go invisible forever is terrible balancing.

-Less pve and gimmicky crap

-Tone down siege damage, since they are getting damage buff with reworked wxp ranks.

-Eliminate spawn sieging ability

more stuff….

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

Revamp the glicko system.

What needs to be changed with it? For the most part servers of similar coverage are facing each other.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

#savedbytheshell

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

make arrow carts like cannons: they can only be dropped/built in designated areas.

no more openworld arrowcart zerg vs arrow cart zerg bs. no more suppressing defenders from walls with arrowcarts while sieging. No more building a dozen arrow carts when defending a siege.

god forbid, players have to kill players with their own skills.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

make arrow carts like cannons: they can only be dropped/built in designated areas.

no more openworld arrowcart zerg vs arrow cart zerg bs. no more suppressing defenders from walls with arrowcarts while sieging. No more building a dozen arrow carts when defending a siege.

god forbid, players have to kill players with their own skills.

God no.

I’m still discovering new places for them that are either total crap or OMG this is awesome!

And that’s three years later.

I get the open field thing. It’s stupid. And usually done by weak players. And siege space limits cannot let you place 12 .. perhaps you should do some experimenting, then you’d know there are already limitations in place.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

If you see them build an ac in an open field fight just run away from it… if you are winning then you can push to it and kill the operator. Don’t see why people are always complaining about it when it’s easy to just run away from it or push and kill it.

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

in WvW

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

-Get rid of the wildlife, or turn them nonhostile, gets annoying having enemies rallying off of them, or having them putting you in combat. Get rid of the mosquito event in EB, why on earth is that there..

I couldn’t agree more. The NPCs (aka thief decoys) can be a PITA when you are trying to fight someone who can can dance in and out of invisibility constantly. They also tend to aid large zergs as they are easily dispatched by big zergs but tend to annoy the hell out of squishies in smaller zergs. It is way too easy to aggro them with aoe abilities and sigils.

It also sucks to try and use your movement skills only to fly into a wall or attack the nearest NPC if you have auto-target on. Come to think of it a button to target auto-target on and off so we can quickly switch it off to use our movement skills for evasion would be nice.

in WvW

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

The random npcs make it more tactical. Daoc had mobs in their borderlands/rvr areas. Wh:o had mobs in their rvr areas. If you don’t want a thief cloak and daggering drop a stealth disruptor, kill the creatures, or kill the thief. If you don’t want opposing zergs to rally, kill the creatures. The creatures die quickly to zergs that kill zergs.

in WvW

Luvpie.8350

Biggest issue is rewards it seems —
Please rewards track similar to pvp tied into Wxp level rewards. Different rewards and not just 2 greens+badges. Leveling tomes, exotics, ectos, wvw claim tickets, guild siege blue prints etc!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Adjust the scoring system / PPT per people actually fought. Another words per population, and at the same time limit or entirely eliminate night time / off hours capping issues.

They could do this with ease at any time, but won’t, they don’t have the balls for it.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Adjust the scoring system / PPT per people actually fought. Another words per population, and at the same time limit or entirely eliminate night time / off hours capping issues.

They could do this with ease at any time, but won’t, they don’t have the balls for it.

Why should people who play when you are asleep count for less? What if it was reversed, and your time zone counted for less?

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds