WvW guild chat- "population balance"

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Colin…

“WvW overhaul has been in development for over a year now. There are lots of core things we still need to do including population balance etc.”

Very curious and excited about the “population balance” statement…

Your thoughts?

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

People going to WvW have more fun when they have people to fight.
People have more fun when matches are between fairly even populations with well distributed populations(ie no one side having overwhelming coverage advantages).

As already hinted at this is probably going to require the destruction of the “tier” system, and probably WvW servers as we know them.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Yeah, people prefer either fights or at least having something to take other than camps. People on some lower tier servers, may have a huge night capping capability while others are sleeping. Yet, this is all because the populations are so unbalanced even the matches are unbalanced. If they were balanced, then people would be able to play all the time and have 24/7 coverage.

The thing is that the current server/tier system though makes it so that say one or more guilds pull a particular server up in tier and find that they can have more fun and fights on higher tier servers, they ditch that server for a higher tier. Like most, this balancing of populations thing I feel will mean getting rid of the servers and/or tiers all together. But that is basically what EotM is and I don’t want WvW to be like EotM if at all possible. However, I doubt ANet will listen since they released the Desert BLs even though we were telling them they were bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Caliburn.1845’s second paragraph is it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- megaserver is coming to WvW, just like EotM. The sad thing is, this will kill WvW for those that play WvW regularly. If we wanted EotM, we’d play there. But we don’t.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

EotM is not a megaserver and it is in no way designed to have balanced population.

I’m looking forward to an actual megaserver with actual balance.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Wvw is broken right now due to multiple reasons – population issues might have been a thing a year ago, now we face different stuff.
Megaservers would be the end of wvw, yes.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Well, if more people on the stronger servers would sPvP instead the servers would be balanced against lowest population. So its everybodies fault, stop playing WvW and start playing more sPvP. Its clearly the solution.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Colin…

“WvW overhaul has been in development for over a year now. There are lots of core things we still need to do including population balance etc.”

Very curious and excited about the “population balance” statement…

Your thoughts?

Nothing more than what was said by John Corpening ages ago so nothing to be excited by yet

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Ever notice those messages we get in chat? Something like, “Can not connect to guild server at this time?”

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Wvw is broken right now due to multiple reasons – population issues might have been a thing a year ago, now we face different stuff.

This.

Fixing population was something they should have done in 2015.
Fixing rallies off kills and introducing PPK was something that would have been great in 2013.

It’s 2016, the game mode is such a disastrous shape right now, there’s no point in fixing problems from a bygone era.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

This.

Fixing population was something they should have done in 2015.
Fixing rallies off kills and introducing PPK was something that would have been great in 2013.

It’s 2016, the game mode is such a disastrous shape right now, there’s no point in fixing problems from a bygone era.

So we all agree WvW is a bygone era. PPT servers never worked well anyway we mostly just played because the massive battles were so fun. The keeps and siege and all that was just added flavor.

Now that that’s settled time for mega-alliance hype?

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Jana.6831

So we all agree WvW is a bygone era. PPT servers never worked well anyway we mostly just played because the massive battles were so fun. The keeps and siege and all that was just added flavor.

Not really what I meant.
Problems we have now: bugs, imbalance, new banners. Bugs have to be fixed to see what is and what isn’t imbalanced. If both are fixed one can adjust (or better remove) the banners and adjust damage siege does and is able to take actually. I like and play for PPT, but it’s completely useless if everything is that bugged and imbalanced that a “win” is RNG or “we have the bigger karma train”.
I said it before; as long as not skill is the deciding factor in wvw it will die, no matter what you do.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Not really what I meant.
Problems we have now: bugs, imbalance, new banners. Bugs have to be fixed to see what is and what isn’t imbalanced. If both are fixed one can adjust (or better remove) the banners and adjust damage siege does and is able to take actually. I like and play for PPT, but it’s completely useless if everything is that bugged and imbalanced that a “win” is RNG or “we have the bigger karma train”.
I said it before; as long as not skill is the deciding factor in wvw it will die, no matter what you do.

I love these arguments.

You fix all that but still have the main issue… Population. Can’t have wvwvw without players vs players vs players… Simple concept really…

The anti blob and zerg and “ktrain” arguments are really silly, because you want those blobs there to fight and do stuff…

Do you even see what some of you are typing? You’re sitting there saying “I want wvw without people closer to equal numbers” and “who cares about the overall health and participation numbers, just fix the treb and the game world will come running” Really?

Do you see mmorpg or massively op announcing your list of “fixes” and then players flocking back in droves and drooling over keyboards playing?

You don’t pay attention to the game much obviously… We all see it, except for a couple of you, and the devs have all the stats and numbers for such “population” things…

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Not really what I meant.

I agree with this.

Fixing or at least making sure population differences and imbalances are addressed is going to make balancing the rest of the stuff “easier”. I use the term loosely though, all seen how balanced WvW has been for the last 3 years.

I however do hope a new system will allow people who were on the same servers the opportunity to stay on the same team and always essentially play together. Should help stop a lot of people moving away because of [flies server flag and salutes] “server pride”.

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I see less people in WvW every week. Not sure you can balance a population that seems to be in constant decline.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Mega-server is not the way to go – look at the number of posts where people complain about being shunted from closing map to closing map as the population shifts, and now imagine you get the “map closing” message just after you’ve cleared a whole BL… I’ll bet a kitten or two you get dropped into a map that’s no longer all yours; it has to be this way because the new map will have a higher population and so there will have been more fighting over stuff. So all your previous effort is wasted – map closed: have a nice day. Mega-server also promotes blobbing simply because it ensures larger numbers of players in one place. It would make small groups and roaming a thing of the past, and yet there are many players who enjoy the smaller scale combat more than the titanic zerg clashes, and many others who would like a mix of the two play styles.

We need some form of PPT – many of the fights occur because of teams attacking and defending objectives. We also need PPS so stomps count. We need space for big battles, small fights and duels. We need strategically placed objectives to fight over too.
I’m sure I’ve seen all this before you know… when GW2 was originally launched.

Anet could achieve a quick and surprisingly easy fix for WvW and the population problems, and they could do it next week. All they have to do is disband the existing servers, make new ones (purely for WvW) and set a population cap higher than the lowest current population and lower than the highest. New server names and new server identities gives us the chance to spread our playing population out a bit in this brave “new” world. Yes, some servers would attract the larger guilds and there would be the opportunity to start population imbalance again, but it took us three years to get to the state we’re in today. Reset the servers, reset glicko scores to zero, bring back the Alpine maps and hey presto – you have WvW as it was three years ago; and you know what, despite a list of unfixed bugs that’s longer than my arm and some odd match ups or dubious events – most of the past three years were enjoyable. I reckon we’d have a year or maybe two before we reach this sort of situation again. I’d be happy enough to swap the “but it’s not new” feeling for a couple of years of fun…
And who knows by the time we get to this point again Anet might even have this (mythical?) WvW overhaul ready!

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Its all empty words every since, I just want my free transfer when I bought HoT.

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

They were saying the same thing 3 years ago. Generally with anet generic Colin statements mean that they have no clue and need more time.

in WvW

Posted by: Mystle.4538

Mystle.4538

They were saying the same thing 3 years ago. Generally with anet generic Colin statements mean that they have no clue and need more time.

Yea seriously. I know it’s company policy and all but with the situation as dire as it is you would think they would feel more pressured to be a little more transparent. Isn’t that really all we need? I imagine if nothing comes of Tuesday it will be the end of the game mode for good, the final nail on the coffin as they say. RiP beloved WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

If I had to guess, it would probably involving merging servers or changing/removing transfer fees, or just allowing free transfers every x amount of time, like before. Making wvw a megaserver system would completely wreck the entire concept and ruin it for many people.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

If I had to guess, it would probably involving merging servers or changing/removing transfer fees, or just allowing free transfers every x amount of time, like before. Making wvw a megaserver system would completely wreck the entire concept and ruin it for many people.

Uh no. If that was the “BIG” solution it would already be done.

(edited by Tspatula.9086)

in WvW

Jana.6831

I love these arguments.

You fix all that but still have the main issue… Population. Can’t have wvwvw without players vs players vs players… Simple concept really…

The anti blob and zerg and “ktrain” arguments are really silly, because you want those blobs there to fight and do stuff…

Do you even see what some of you are typing? You’re sitting there saying “I want wvw without people closer to equal numbers” and “who cares about the overall health and participation numbers, just fix the treb and the game world will come running” Really?

Do you see mmorpg or massively op announcing your list of “fixes” and then players flocking back in droves and drooling over keyboards playing?

You don’t pay attention to the game much obviously… We all see it, except for a couple of you, and the devs have all the stats and numbers for such “population” things…

I have been on IoJ 2 years ago – we were constantly outnumbered but the commanders have been the best I’ve ever seen and likely ever will see. (kitten, I told this so often) : We ranked up from 16 or 15 to 9 within 3 months – because of skill. Because it was possible. More and more people came to play wvw because we were good. Then something devastating happened (long story, already told as well), the ferocity patch hit and those great commanders left and with that IoJ was pretty much doomed and has been since. And that was when the coverage really became an issue on that server.
Get my point of view now – or do you think that you can throw more and more people into wvw and all will leave cause the game mode is really frustrating – and it is. On EU coverage isn’t really an issue (people don’t care that much about it) although in reality it’s far more an issue than on NA (I’ve been on IoJ, MS, SBI, GH, Deso, PS, GH).
Oh and btw: I don’t think people will come back but it’s worth to hold those who still hold out. If you don’t want to fix the bugs and make that mode playable you can just as well delete it – the people won’t stay.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

We need some form of PPT… – many of the fights occur because of teams attacking and defending objectives.

PPT is a total failure it is one of the reasons WvW has been in pretty much permanent decline, it is supposed to be a mass scale PvP mode with “massive battles”, yet PPT and “winning” largely involves avoiding battles, PvDoor, running away and playing off-peak when others are not.

Anet could achieve a quick and surprisingly easy fix for WvW and the population problems, and they could do it next week. All they have to do is disband the existing servers, make new ones (purely for WvW) and set a population cap higher than the lowest current population and lower than the highest.

Which would fix nothing, WvW may be at an all time low, but it has been broken and losing players for a long, long time, it needs a redesign to solve the fundamental issues that have existed since day 1, not a reset.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

PPT is a total failure it is one of the reasons WvW has been in pretty much permanent decline, it is supposed to be a mass scale PvP mode with “massive battles”, yet PPT and “winning” largely involves avoiding battles, PvDoor, running away and playing off-peak when others are not.

And also one of the major reasons WvW is even viable as a mass scale PvP mode.

If you want to know what WvW would be without PPT, look at desert border. That’s your “mass scale PvP mode” future. People dont generally just appear out of thin air and play against you because reasons. The heart of WvW is objectives. Objectives focus players and brings the PvP. Objectives that players want to fight around. They have to have a reason to be there. When we loose the will to fight around these objectives… Well. See previously mentioned desert border.

PPT is flawed sure but calling it a total failure is like taking a dump on 3 years of WvW, PvP and all. I object to that.

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

This says everything there is to say about the state of WvW:

https://youtu.be/MH7KYmGnj40

It may still be twitching, but it’ll never get up and run again.

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

If you want to know what WvW would be without PPT, look at desert border. That’s your “mass scale PvP mode” future. People dont generally just appear out of thin air and play against you because reasons. The heart of WvW is objectives. Objectives focus players and brings the PvP. Objectives that players want to fight around. They have to have a reason to be there. When we loose the will to fight around these objectives… Well. See previously mentioned desert border.

PPT is flawed sure but calling it a total failure is like taking a dump on 3 years of WvW, PvP and all. I object to that.

This. WvW is massive battles, but those battles are supposed to be to secure objectives. The problem is, other than the PvE passives you get, there is no reward to gaining PPT and “winning” WvW that week.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Where did I say you don’t need objectives? I’ll give you a clue I didn’t, you don’t need PPT to have objectives.

And yes PPT is a total failure, you have a game mode where most people don’t really care about “winning” in large part because of the PPT system which is so poorly designed that it encourages play that is beyond dull, the complete opposite to what you want in a mass PvP game with “massive battles” and because it’s part of the reason that the mode is a complete joke as a competition as “winning” is basically based on avoiding fights, rubbing your face against doors and playing at 4 am when there are no opponents to tick 500+.

If your “3 years of WvW” is based on some delusion of achievement in regard to PPT then you have my commiserations, most people realised it was worthless a long, long time ago.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in WvW

Daddar.5971

Yup, but a fat chest in the keep and people will be rushing to storm it. Simple, really.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Yup, but a fat chest in the keep and people will be rushing to storm it. Simple, really.

And you need something more valuable than the chest to hold it…

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

Will just be another EOTM.

in WvW

Daddar.5971

Not if defenders get to keep and open the fat chest by defending the keep for X minutes.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I love these arguments.

I have been on IoJ 2 years ago – we were constantly outnumbered but the commanders have been the best I’ve ever seen and likely ever will see. (kitten, I told this so often) : We ranked up from 16 or 15 to 9 within 3 months – because of skill. Because it was possible. More and more people came to play wvw because we were good. Then something devastating happened (long story, already told as well), the ferocity patch hit and those great commanders left and with that IoJ was pretty much doomed and has been since. And that was when the coverage really became an issue on that server.
Get my point of view now – or do you think that you can throw more and more people into wvw and all will leave cause the game mode is really frustrating – and it is. On EU coverage isn’t really an issue (people don’t care that much about it) although in reality it’s far more an issue than on NA (I’ve been on IoJ, MS, SBI, GH, Deso, PS, GH).
Oh and btw: I don’t think people will come back but it’s worth to hold those who still hold out. If you don’t want to fix the bugs and make that mode playable you can just as well delete it – the people won’t stay.

The needs and necessities of wvw are changing.

Population disparities need to be fixed period.

To have healthy competition you need to have closer to equal numbers.

Your old mode is almost dead. You need living bodies in there to even have this mode working in the first place…

Time to awaken to wvw reality.

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

One of the reason almost no one cares about PPT is because there is no reason to care about PPT. Winning the week is meaningless. The only time you see any real interest is when a server is on the verge of moving up a tier, or down a tier. But the problem is only that server cares, not the other servers in that match-up, in general.

But do away with tiers, create a system that makes you want to win. Gives you an incentive to win. And keeps things from stagnating and locking into stale match-ups. People will play WvW more then, and they’ll care more about PPT too.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Claridiana.5230

Claridiana.5230

1. From the first day i got to know WVW in 2012 i was in love with it.
2. I play wvw basically every day for several hours.
3. There are some issues, but i still think the game mode is fundamentally healthy.
4. “Population imbalance” is not a problem imho. The current matchmaking works as well as it can, we get ok match-ups nearly every week, and every week we face a different challenge, either to stand our ground against superior servers, or keep our rank points with a good result against weeker ones. It never gets boring.
5. PPT is the only possiblity to organize this game-mode in a reasonable way. I don’t see an alternative.
6. My biggest fear is that they will actually remove the current servers. I am convinced this would kill the game-mode. WvW would be nothing but a 4-map meaningless EotM with no immersion or dedication for anyone.
7. It is true that the new BL were not well received: Too large, too complicated, often too empty, too many “mechanics” nobody wants in a pvp mode, too much player vs map. However, it is as always also a matter of getting used to something new. It looks like the BL get more attention step by step. Let’s wait and see.
8. Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best: If you want to make WvW more attractive, make the rewards better. And i am not even talking about just “moar loot”. As a dedicated WvW player i felt rather unhappy that my game-mode was the only one that didn’t get legendary skins of whatever kind with HoT. And there is even an obvious lack of WvW-only normal skins (season skins have been unobtainable for years, and the real WvW players will normally already have the ones they like most). Give us just the rewards other players have as well, and the overall mood in WvW or concerning WvW might change quite fast.

Lillizypp – Asura Mesmer
[Soul] – Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

EotM is not a megaserver

I beg to differ. How many instances of EotM are there at any given time? More than one. You go to EotM to play with a guildie, and he or she is not in the same instance of the map, so you join their instance and see that what’s been captured by each color is completely different than on the map you started on. That’s megaserver to me.

“The anti blob and zerg and “ktrain” arguments are really silly, because you want those blobs there to fight and do stuff…”

K-training and fighting are mutually exclusive. Have you ever tried to defend in EotM? You get people threatening to report you for griefing. Commanders in EotM actively try to avoid fights because most people are there to level up alts and get karma. I stopped playing EotM very early on because of this. I play WvW for fights. I’m a roamer and a scout; two things that you don’t find much of in EotM. Why? Because commanders don’t want a zerg vs.zerg fight in EotM while in WvW they do. Many WvW players have said on this forum, “EotM is not WvW,” and they are correct. While there are similarities, the mindset and goals of the players are very different.

I personally feel that one of the first nails in the coffin of WvW came when Anet removed the WvW maps from map completion to please the special snowflakes that couldn’t handle asking for help with a poi in a tower or running with the group/zerg/commander tag. I had never planned on becoming a WvW addict, but I had to go there for map completion and found out that I REALLY enjoyed it. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but you never know till you’ve tried. I didn’t like Cursed Shore before they nerfed the difficulty of the mobs, but I got map completion there before that happened. I sure didn’t come to the forums and beg for it to be removed from map completion.

I feel they made another mistake when they went free to play and didn’t keep closed servers closed, so that the new players would fill up the lower tier servers and maybe join their server mates in WvW. Yeah, some people complained that they couldn’t WvW with their friends on Blackgate or Yaks Bend, but was this a majority of the new players? I’d wager it wasn’t.

Anet has to be very careful when they destroy the server match-up system for their solution to population imbalance. And make no mistake- that’s what’s coming. Without giving rewards comparable to Silverwastes or HoT map events, what ever changes they make will most likely kill the game mode. It’s already the poorest reward structure in the game, with nothing exclusive for it like PvP has. Backpieces, armor, trinkets- none of that is exclusinve to WvW. When we had the infrequent tournaments, we received tokens that allowed us exclusive WvW weapon skins, and that was nice. WvW needs its own set of exclusive armor skins and back pieces not obtainable from any other game mode. It won’t save WvW, but it sure would help.

(edited by Sinbold.8723)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

My thoughts?

Even if these were the best changes ever, it still doesn’t justify what was done to WvW at the start of HoT. It would have been better to do it all in one goal, without releasing a halfmade design that creates something that drives people away. I don’t understand why if they were really planning for such a majestic upgrade, to not leave wvw as is, instead of forcing people to learn a new system…. that will most likely become obsolete anyways and have to be relearned.

Such a approach to development, and I’m supposed to believe that this so called year long overhaul is going to come from the same source? Come on, who are you kidding?

Because of this, there are people that have left, and there’s a chance they won’t come back regardless, because this isn’t like the first or last time there’s been hype over something that just never amounts to anything.

They already had their chance to ride the hype with HoT… and they really missed it.

Basically, to summarize:

In order for this idea to have any value, means they needed to have a concept of WvW solidly done. But given things in their current state, it’s simply not possible, because if they did, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion right now.

Even if you do somehow like the new WvW content, I don’t see this approach to be optimistic about at all. But this isn’t just WvW. To me, it looks like HoT has been a rushed mess in many aspects, and it’s pretty much all damage control. WvW just happens to magnify these issues, because at this point, it’s the weakest link.

I’m just being realistic here.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Nowhere in that link does it state that EotM uses the Megasever technology. The closest it would be is overflow. You may be randomly tossed in a map but you are locked in as to what color your home world is.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Nowhere in that link does it state that EotM uses the Megasever technology. The closest it would be is overflow. You may be randomly tossed in a map but you are locked in as to what color your home world is.

That is megaserver technology in action which pools all (US and EU are still seperate) players to one of 3 sides… Because ya know, it’s 3 sides fighting…

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

That is megaserver technology in action which pools all (US and EU are still seperate) players to one of 3 sides… Because ya know, it’s 3 sides fighting…

@Loosmaster

I’m pretty sure that you’re correct. There’s just too much confusion masquerading as the truth…imho

Match Up

All European worlds will be matched up with one another in the Edge of the Mists. All North American worlds will be matched up with one another as well. Worlds will be matched according to which color they are in the current WvW matchup. For example, all green worlds will be on the same team in the Edge of the Mists.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

@Loosmaster

I think you’re correct…imho

Sigh, y’all are so silly… All of US severs can fight each other in eotm… All EU servers can fight each other in eotm… It’s ummm three sided for a reason, though, right? Hmmm, wonder why…

Megaserver hello? How long has eotm been around and y’all don’t even know your own game? Really?

How can you all provide suggestions on what’s best for wvw and be all anti-megaserver when you don’t know what it is, what it does, how it works in relation to wvw, don’t know it’s already happening in eotm and how successful it has been in eotm… Really peeps?

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

It may be a mild form of it but in no way does it match fails of it like in PvE. 9 times out of 10 when our guild runs the WBT, we will end up in different instances and have to move again. Oh wait, that does happen in EotM.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Oh and in PvE the Megasever has no boundaries. You never know who you’ll end up with. I’ve been on maps where chat was in Chinese.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Diku.2546

@Loosmaster

I’m pretty sure that you’re correct. There’s just too much confusion masquerading as the truth…imho.

Match Up

All European worlds will be matched up with one another in the Edge of the Mists. All North American worlds will be matched up with one another as well. Worlds will be matched according to which color they are in the current WvW matchup. For example, all green worlds will be on the same team in the Edge of the Mists.

Sigh, y’all are so silly… All of US severs can fight each other in eotm… All EU servers can fight each other in eotm… It’s ummm three sided for a reason, though, right? Hmmm, wonder why…

Megaserver hello? How long has eotm been around and y’all don’t even know your own game? Really?

How can you all provide suggestions on what’s best for wvw and be all anti-megaserver when you don’t know what it is, what it does, how it works in relation to wvw, don’t know it’s already happening in eotm and how successful it has been in eotm… Really peeps?

@Swagger

Please check your GuildWars2 Wiki articles. You’re confusing the WvW Community…imho.

Loosmaster is correct…imho.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/April_2014_Feature_Pack#Megaserver_system

Players will no longer be segregated into separate copies of a map based on their home world selection. Instead, all players will be placed into shared copies (instances) of the map, which will be instantiated as necessary to hold the current population of that map.

Overflow shards will no longer exist.

Maps are still region-based, i.e. North American servers are separate from European servers.

Upon entering a map, players will be placed in the copy of the map based on a set of heuristics which includes your party, guild, language, and home world. This will dramatically increase the chance that you will be placed in the same map as your party and guildmates, or other players who speak your language.

The initial roll-out will affect PvP lobbies and low population maps. This will allow the system to be tested on low population densities before being introduced to high population maps such as cities and popular spots for farming or events.

The roll-out of the megaserver system was completed on April 21st, 2014.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Edge_of_the_Mists

Worlds will be matched according to which color they are in the current WvW matchup. For example, all green worlds will be on the same team in the Edge of the Mists.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Eotm released 2/14/1014…

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Edge_of_the_Mists_

Going on almost 2 full years now and y’all don’t know?

/facepalm

Much sadness…

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

Read specifically what Dikku posted as a description of the Megasever system then compare…sigh indeed.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Diku.2546

Eotm released 2/14/1014…

/facepalm

Much sadness…

@Swagger

You believe what you want to buddy.

Edge of the Mists, that is able to create overflow instances. This means players no longer have to wait to play WvW, regardless of the number of players attempting to play.

Fyi – Players waiting to play WvW in their Borderland & EB Maps for their Current Tier Match-Up.

Worlds will be matched according to which color they are in the current WvW matchup. For example, all green worlds will be on the same team in the Edge of the Mists.

This is why I don’t understand how Megaserver will handle Match-Ups.

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Swagger.1459

@Loosmaster

I’m pretty sure that you’re correct. There’s just too much confusion masquerading as the truth…imho

Match Up

@Swagger

Please check your GuildWars2 Wiki articles. You’re confusing the WvW Community…imho.

Loosmaster is correct…imho

Players will no longer be segregated into separate copies of a map based on their home world selection. Instead, all players will be placed into shared copies (instances) of the map, which will be instantiated as necessary to hold the current population of that map.

Overflow shards will no longer exist.

Maps are still region-based, i.e. North American servers are separate from European servers.

Upon entering a map, players will be placed in the copy of the map based on a set of heuristics which includes your party, guild, language, and home world. This will dramatically increase the chance that you will be placed in the same map as your party and guildmates, or other players who speak your language.

The initial roll-out will affect PvP lobbies and low population maps. This will allow the system to be tested on low population densities before being introduced to high population maps such as cities and popular spots for farming or events.

Umm yeah…. Completed in April of 2014… for pve maps…

The same player pooling map tech was put into eotm that was released 2 months prior…

Same same… Megaserver…

in WvW

Diku.2546

Eotm released 2/14/1014…

/facepalm

Much sadness…

Umm yeah…. Completed in April of 2014… for pve maps…

The same player pooling map tech was put into eotm that was released 2 months prior…

Same same… Megaserver…

Article mentions PvP & it’s assumed PvE, but it does not say WvW.

Article specifically explains how the Match-up in EotM are done.

@Swagger

You’re the leading advocate for Megaserver in our WvW Community. Would you please review the GuildWars2 Wiki articles & stop embarassing yourself?

You need to get a better understanding to explain the Megaserver mechanics properly, or nobody else will…imho.

Yours truly,
Diku

(edited by Diku.2546)

in WvW

Jana.6831

The needs and necessities of wvw are changing.

Population disparities need to be fixed period.

To have healthy competition you need to have closer to equal numbers.

Your old mode is almost dead. You need living bodies in there to even have this mode working in the first place…

Time to awaken to wvw reality.

If you answer to me, atleast read what I wrote – it was okayish though funny the first time around but my efforts to answer you on your patronizing reply were completely unheard.
Wvw as it is now: EotM without megaservers. Wvw as it is now with megaservers = EotM – we don’t need wvw anymore. So, we could spare us the pain and just play EotM – who cares, right? All that matters is “bodies” oh and “loot”!