What did you do in WvW?

Darkhaven
[Qrew] Leader
Warrior

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: desalmada.6521

desalmada.6521

got hummer scrapper for meta raids and classic d\p daredevil for solo[80% time our server dont get commanders]. i dont get how you can do same boring things 5+ years?
recaping? killing roamers? face to face with other raids? that not boring to you?

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: QuickRain.4735

QuickRain.4735

maybe you should go back and do pve so the fights are easier

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i play wvw one month and get bored af.
how you guys play this game 5+ years?
wtf

i dropped pvp long time ago, dropped WvW 1 month ago, and pondering to drop t pve as well atm even grin d in gw2 is top notch in boredomness, at least in some mmo’s i do have fun while grinding… here its boring.

Guess ill be waiting for a decent mmo to come with that is not “only graphics” like gw2 is…

maybe you should go back and do pve so the fights are easier

The whole game is easy its all a matter of select best rotations build and learn towards or when to use it it not much team effort is even needed in this game…. just need to practice to play in a certain way while using X build… pitty that gw1 is dead and no one is playing pvp or gvg’s even Anet stopped the ladder in the december 2016 i would return to that game.
Gw1 was an amazing pvp experience for all, but gw2 is ment for mmo newbs… and its boring.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Probably need a bit more info from OP; what their server is, if they’ve ever x-ferred around… if you have a guild that participates in WvW activities? Were you even around post launch/2012 or 2013 WvW? Idk it’s been too long ago but those were the good old days. FUN days GvG scrims, hella awesome fights – not this cruddy post HoT powercreep lazy boring meta we’re stuck with.

I’ve transferred a few times; you meet new communities and make friends – it’s fun in that aspect imo. As for the content itself, perhaps in this current day and even dating back 2 years it’s been pretty stale, however, I am grateful for a bunch of QoL improvements and stuff like reward tracks, the squad system and other minute things yet… I cannot help but feel it lost a bit of human interaction with things like automatic upgrades?..

Unfortunately it’s boring af in terms of scoring, population balance, bandwagoning, lack of incentive to win, no reason to win, these god awful linkings it almost feels like the game mode’s plug will be pulled soon etc.

You’re right though I suppose – it is boring af atm, generally speaking.. (T1 perspective) and my guild is adamant on staying there, lol. I hope things shake up quickly.

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

WvW is as boring or as exciting as the person who enters it.

Ever been to a lame party? Its because the people are lame.

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Server, time zone, population, your default role – commander roamer defender scout havoc zerg gvg blobber, all affect how much fun you have in wvw. Up to you to find out what that is and where to find it.

If everything seems boring to you, even the fights which is basically the last thing that holds players in wvw, then maybe wvw isn’t for you?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: TenthLife.5724

TenthLife.5724

I stopped doing any sort of pve content a long time ago, mostly because i literally fall asleep when facerolling it. “Rewards” in farming pve is just silly, and doesn’t pique my interest the least.
Raids doesn’t really interest me in this game, pvp is… Well, not so amusing imo.
Wvw seems to be the only slightly interesting game mode for me at the moment, although the fun of it surely has declined since Hot was released. Most of the people I used to play with have left to try and find similar games.

But I guess it’s just a matter of time now until anet completely dismantles wvw in favor for even more pve content. And yes I know that I probably sound a tad pessimistic, but that’s just how I see things.

(edited by TenthLife.5724)

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Transfer to a server where there is activity, server pride is dead,.

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Mostly it’s nostalgia of the glory days for many, I think, and a combination of habit and lack of competition from other games. I’m pretty sure when CU launches this format will outright die.

Before HoT, I think WvW was the best GvG and small-scale (non-MOBA) experience out there. Given a little attention I think it probably could have been the best to come for many years, including CU. Currently, it’s just un-fun because the balance and profession design is just abysmal. It’s for the most part just no longer fun and engaging to fight other people from all the powercreep and un-fun/bad design.

So people doing it for four years had a ball. Now? Almost everyone I played with in the past has quit WvW or GW2 entirely solely because of how bad WvW currently is and has been for the past ~year.

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

It’s the community that has kept me playing. Good friends having a good time.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Only decent place to play RvR. As soon as a better one comes along, I am gone. Too bad CU is horrid at least for action MMOs. Crowfall is my next hope.

Worst MMO PvE of any AAA I have played. Loot engine is the worst I have ever seen (and I have played some BAD MMOs). The agrro system is non-existant which makes any sort of challenging group play pointless. Lastly, the PvE is simply too easy.

Raids, that was last decade.

PvP, I dabble but I like sandbox-esk play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

WvW is as boring or as exciting as the person who enters it.

Ever been to a lame party? Its because the people are lame.

this,couldnt say it better

OTAN guild,WSR server

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Only decent place to play RvR. As soon as a better one comes along, I am gone.

ESO is decent.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Mostly it’s nostalgia of the glory days for many, I think, and a combination of habit and lack of competition from other games. I’m pretty sure when CU launches this format will outright die.

Before HoT, I think WvW was the best GvG and small-scale (non-MOBA) experience out there. Given a little attention I think it probably could have been the best to come for many years, including CU. Currently, it’s just un-fun because the balance and profession design is just abysmal. It’s for the most part just no longer fun and engaging to fight other people from all the powercreep and un-fun/bad design.

So people doing it for four years had a ball. Now? Almost everyone I played with in the past has quit WvW or GW2 entirely solely because of how bad WvW currently is and has been for the past ~year.

I highly agree with you. If only ANet showed a bit more attention to WvW. It more then likely would’ve been the best RvR-like MMORPG. However PvE, and selling imbalancement wrapped up in a expansion way more critically important. Then grooming WvW or sPvP for that matter. But I’m not here to complain. So I won’t comment farther on that.

IMO, no MMO will be good enoth for the current GW2 community that is left. All of the other MMORPGs are either full on P2W, or Hardcore and require effort, and time, to be successful in. GW2 more so now, just rewards people for buying the game, not making them put forth effort to be good or competitive. Which is the allure of GW2 to the current GW2 community.

Most dev teams know this is a bad tactic. If you have a long term goal for being in the market. You barely see anyone in WvW outside of NA prime. You barely meet any new faces in PvP these days at all.

All and all GW2 will serve as a prime example to current and future dev teams and publishers. Why you can not and must not cater to gamers, who don’t and/or is not willing to invest time and effort in your game. It was the hardcore WvW and PvP guilds that built both modes. And since ANet went fully on the mission to only cater to the casuals, and push out the core players, after the release of HoT. We now see the results.

To your point “that there are no competition from other games”. That’s completely false. There are loads of other MMOs that compete with each other. What you should’ve said is. [They are no fully causal MMOs that are not P2W. For GW2 to compete with.] That is the only reason why GW2 will still be standing after it loses it’s PvP and WvW communities. It is the only legit super causal MMO on the market. All of the other ones on the market require much grind, and effort in comparison.

Best way to put it is. GW2 is MMORPG welfare. It’s a game for the players who can’t be bother to learn how to play, but still want’s to win. Which is awesome for PvE experience. However once you start throwing that line of thinking towards Player vs Player. All rules of a healthy game just breaks down at the seams.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I meant no competition in the GvG sense. ESO is okay, but fairly gimmicky and the combat is much less fluid. GW2’s current market will eventually phase out with other new shinies; a lot of the core audience has honestly since left. P2W isn’t a competitive experience no matter how you break it down.

The thing is, a game can be rewarding, require a high degree of skill, and not be a massive time sink. “Hardcore” games like WIldstar have always failed in the west just because of the nature of “waiting to hit endgame” where the real fun begins. GW2 defied this and did very well initially.

The problem is that GW2 hasn’t been maintained to keep the endgame fun for everyone; just PvE. Endless power creep and some maybe unhealthy profession design decisions work in PvE, which is fine, but absolutely not in PvP environments. The people that like the grind/PvE side will not care what game they play for the most part, so long as it’s a fun and relatively affordable endeavor. GW2 offers a pretty solid experience here. Ultimately, games are in it for the money, and mass-appeal is the big ticket. It’s why MOBA’s, particularly league of legends, have done so well; you can pick up a game with an hour of free time and then be off to do something else. They’re intrinsically simple but have a lot of depth and a high skill cap. It doesn’t take months/years to max out and really begin biting down into the content. It’s why WoW provides basically max-level character boosts to the previous expansion’s content for new players; cutting down on the tedium is generally a good idea.

Catering towards a hardcore crowd never has let a game be successful, except for maybe the Souls franchise. But even then, Demon’s Souls wasn’t exactly a hot-seller, and it initially was for a very niche audience. Dark souls got popular mostly out of meme value. And it’s a very well-made game/series all-around. Not to mention that the game itself is pretty pickup-friendly. If you don’t die often, all of the games are very short and don’t take too long to beat.

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

I meant no competition in the GvG sense. ESO is okay, but fairly gimmicky and the combat is much less fluid. GW2’s current market will eventually phase out with other new shinies; a lot of the core audience has honestly since left. P2W isn’t a competitive experience no matter how you break it down.

The thing is, a game can be rewarding, require a high degree of skill, and not be a massive time sink. “Hardcore” games like WIldstar have always failed in the west just because of the nature of “waiting to hit endgame” where the real fun begins. GW2 defied this and did very well initially.

The problem is that GW2 hasn’t been maintained to keep the endgame fun for everyone; just PvE. Endless power creep and some maybe unhealthy profession design decisions work in PvE, which is fine, but absolutely not in PvP environments. The people that like the grind/PvE side will not care what game they play for the most part, so long as it’s a fun and relatively affordable endeavor. GW2 offers a pretty solid experience here. Ultimately, games are in it for the money, and mass-appeal is the big ticket. It’s why MOBA’s, particularly league of legends, have done so well; you can pick up a game with an hour of free time and then be off to do something else. They’re intrinsically simple but have a lot of depth and a high skill cap. It doesn’t take months/years to max out and really begin biting down into the content. It’s why WoW provides basically max-level character boosts to the previous expansion’s content for new players; cutting down on the tedium is generally a good idea.

Catering towards a hardcore crowd never has let a game be successful, except for maybe the Souls franchise. But even then, Demon’s Souls wasn’t exactly a hot-seller, and it initially was for a very niche audience. Dark souls got popular mostly out of meme value. And it’s a very well-made game/series all-around. Not to mention that the game itself is pretty pickup-friendly. If you don’t die often, all of the games are very short and don’t take too long to beat.

I must say you do have a point here.

However I’ve personally noticed the decline of WvW and PvP. After ANet made GW2 completely casual, and little to no effort needed. Plus not to mention even if you did good say in WvW and PvP but lost. You got nothing to show for your vailant effort for doing good even tho you have a idler, or someone throwing the match for you. Or if you was outmanned and yet was still making some plays.

Simply put IMO GW2 became soo casual friendly after HoT. That it just stopped rewarding players who actually tried but failed. Instead it more so rewarded players who didn’t try, and used all of the shady ways to win. To yes, include P2W [using gems to Sever Stack][converting gems to gold to pay players to throw matches for you.]

Also in GW2 I’ve also noticed that ANet removed alot of the tools that the decent players was using to make mindless causal players pay for their lack of tactics, skill, and/or game knowledge. In essence ANet basically silently with each balance patch. Told the players who actually learns, tries, and use tactics to win against such mindless underhanded tactics and opponents, to go away. We see the results of such. They did, they barely if even still plays GW2.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Transfer to a server where there is activity, server pride is dead,.

Don’t listen to a merc

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I used to love the game and basically advertised it to my friends alot but now I come on 1-2 days every 3 months to do ls then head back to ff 14 and bdo.

There are times when I remember vanilla gw 2 days and want to go on but when I finally do I am depressed with how bad it is now and just don’t stick around long than finishing ls.

WvW guys

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

It’s the community that has kept me playing. Good friends having a good time.

This.

Nobody seems to get this, not even the devs here.

EQ2 chugging along with paid monthly subscriptions for 12+ years now. Why? Community.

GW2 has it. They just keep trying to kill it.

In fact, I’d wager the WvW community is 10 times stronger than the pve one here.

L’enfer, c’est les autres