WvW hackers

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Miloshinja.7316

Miloshinja.7316

Anet please fix this. Its killing the will in people to play WvW.

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: sishbob.3987

sishbob.3987

Before people start going crazy over such a novel suggestion, I just want to say that I am in no way, shape or form accusing any player/guild/server of using hacks or exploits. I am merely stating that, given the abundance of proof that has been shown, some action should be taken.

I’ll start off with a message to ANet. You do very few things by ignoring this hacking issue, and we can all acknowledge there is one. By ignoring the reports, and even locking the threads reporting the hacks, in many ways you show players that hackers will not be punished for their actions. This leads to the obvious result that players, knowing from reading forums they will not be punished, download hacks and use them. The second thing you do is drive players away from WvW, one of the major selling points, at least IMO, of the game. And once WvW is deserted, I’m guessing that the hacks won’t go away, but will instead be transferred to PvE and ruin that as well.

Now I want to suggest a way to fix this issue. I may not have a ton of experience, but I do have a little common sense (clearly not a lot, or I wouldn’t make this thread).

Step 1: If you have not already, add a clause into the Terms of Service stating something along the lines of “3rd Party Modifications that provide a clear and unfair advantage over other players are not permitted, and those found using said modifications will have their accounts suspended indefinitely” or something along those lines.

Step 2: Actually enforce the rule. If an ANet member sees a player using hacks, then they should ban them, regardless of their prior history in terms of purchases and amount of time they have spent on the game. Players should be treated the same when it comes to following rules, regardless of who they are.

Step 3: Once word gets out that ANet is banning players who use hacks, add a section to the forums where players can report hackers. Only allow reports that involve viable proof, in the form of either recordings or screenshots. Those who accuse other players without proof should be warned, and if they do it again action should be taken. The players have shown that we would like to help rid the game of the hackers, but the hostile responses and thread locks that greet each thread reporting a hacker, even those with proof, discourage such action.

Step 4: Add another new section to the forums and a new Title to the game as well. The title should be something that players will recognize as stating that user can discern what hacks are, and also has the capability to report hackers, and has done so before. The new section will be where players can apply for this title, but before they are eligible for it they should have a certain number of confirmed hacker reports under their belt. This does two things. The first is that it encourages players to report what they think may be hacks, as a Title in this game is a status symbol. The other thing it will do is reduce the amount of hackers when a player with the title is in the area. I can basically discern this from the fact that, when a member of ANet logs on with the tag up, hackers suddenly vanish. Yet, when they are gone, they pop up again.

Step 5: ???? (Bad Joke is Bad)

Step 6: Profit. And I actually mean this could have a positive impact on game revenue in many ways. The first way is that the hackers, after having their accounts suspended, might choose to return to the game after purchasing a new account. In my opinion, these players should be banned if they are discovered to have made a new account to get around a ban, but that is ANet’s decision. The second is that WvW will be fun again, which will lead to word spreading of GW2. I am aware GW2 just released in China, and I think this would help there more than in NA or EU due to the fact the game is still growing. If new players log in and are killed by hackers, they will most likely not refer the game to friends.

That’s my 6 step plan. In my opinion, it is worth a shot. There is something I wasn’t sure would be good, but wanted to add anyway.
-A player is rewarded for reporting a hacker with usable proof. A reward of 1s (or suggestions) for a report, regardless of outcome, and 5s (or suggestions) for a report that results in a hacker being banned.
I also wanted to say one thing. Please, if you do take what I say into consideration, make it abundantly clear that under no circumstances will a player be unbanned for using a 3rd Party modification/hacks unless they provide proof that they were not using hacks at the time, via video and/or screenshot of their own. Please do not sell “Unban Packages” or anything of the sort. Lastly, please take what the players and I say into consideration.

And to the players, please don’t devolve this thread into mindless flame. While, under certain circumstances, I do love me some mindless flame, I actually would like to hear legitimate feedback from you guys.

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: northernlad.7315

northernlad.7315

I know Arenanet will not respond (if they are doing something about it they don’t want to give the hackers a heads up ) BUT… this is getting beyond a joke. The amount of time /in game gold we have all spent to have it taken away by a few hackers (and FSP zerg capitalising on them) is heartbreaking and WILL kill WVW in the end.
We don’t mind getting beat by a better server as long as we have good fights… but this is a joke.

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: KRUSSIDULL.6845

KRUSSIDULL.6845

/lock thread throwing accusations towards one server because of a server wide problem is not cool.

Brute Swiftclaw | Far Shiverpeaks | Mistforged Heroes: tinyurl.com/gw2hero

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: northernlad.7315

northernlad.7315

/lock thread throwing accusations towards one server because of a server wide problem is not cool.

Neither is hacking and making the most of it… did you watch the video????

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: KRUSSIDULL.6845

KRUSSIDULL.6845

Neither is hacking and making the most of it… did you watch the video????

Yes but that doesn’t make it right to paint the entire server as hackers every time they play better. We don’t do that when there are hackers on another server and neither should you, makes you look bad.

Brute Swiftclaw | Far Shiverpeaks | Mistforged Heroes: tinyurl.com/gw2hero

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: kadexar.4623

kadexar.4623

I have been on FSP for months now, and playing WvW actively during the tournaments. I have never heard or seen the hacker/s or know anyone who has seen them or knows who they are.
Let me try to explain to you what I think is going on in the video. Our commander says, for example, in teamchat – we go hit Tower X, then if successful we resupply in Y camp and then hit Z tower. Then the hacker goes and starts attacking the tower Z, ahead of the zerg. He drains your supps (apparently) for repairs. Then our zerg pops up as they said they would.
Nobody on our server can in any way, shape or form know that the hacker was just now there. We cannot see him/her, we cannot target or even see animations of them!

How hard can it be for you to understand that?

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

This has been going for… 4 months now, if I am not mistaken. Where is lordkrall, the white knight of Anet, to explain to us why are they not taking any action, besides closing threads about the hackers?

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

I’ll never understand why the players feel this need of having anet holding their hands and talking directly to them at every minute.
Anet is a company, the devs and mods can’t speak their mind on their own for the company because when they do they make the PR people very angry because then they have to issue an apology and spend money making an arena…

You said it yourself OP, you don’t have a lot of experience, since launch they’ve banned hundreds of thousands of accounts for exploit/hacks/gold selling.
They’ve also patched all the exploits/hacks they could.
They ARE aware, and they DO take action. The problem is tracing these and put a patch in place, that takes many working hours and a lot of detective work.
Even if you sent them a video, they still have to figure out exactly how that was done.

So rest assure, just because they don’t phone or fax you a report every other hour, they are working on it.

Lastly, rewards? Really? That would just inundate them with false reports for people that don’t know any better.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

This has been going for… 4 months now, if I am not mistaken. Where is lordkrall, the white knight of Anet, to explain to us why are they not taking any action, besides closing threads about the hackers?

Beijing

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’ll bet if an invisible Golem hacked into the TP they’d have it fixed in hours.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Billaboong.6821

Billaboong.6821

Before people start going crazy over such a novel suggestion, I just want to say that I am in no way, shape or form accusing any player/guild/server of using hacks or exploits. I am merely stating that, given the abundance of proof that has been shown, some action should be taken.

Nice try but it’ll get deleted soon

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Kajin.5301

Kajin.5301

o wow i didn’t know this existed. for shame …

Skysap & Qaju & Juqa -VILE- Desolation

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: sishbob.3987

sishbob.3987

I’ll never understand why the players feel this need of having anet holding their hands and talking directly to them at every minute.
Anet is a company, the devs and mods can’t speak their mind on their own for the company because when they do they make the PR people very angry because then they have to issue an apology and spend money making an arena…

You said it yourself OP, you don’t have a lot of experience, since launch they’ve banned hundreds of thousands of accounts for exploit/hacks/gold selling.
They’ve also patched all the exploits/hacks they could.
They ARE aware, and they DO take action. The problem is tracing these and put a patch in place, that takes many working hours and a lot of detective work.
Even if you sent them a video, they still have to figure out exactly how that was done.

So rest assure, just because they don’t phone or fax you a report every other hour, they are working on it.

Lastly, rewards? Really? That would just inundate them with false reports for people that don’t know any better.

I’m glad to hear that ANet is in fact banning hackers. My complaint about threads with legit proof on the forums being locked and deleted still stands, however. I also jast took a look at the patch notes. Going back 5 months, I was not able to see any patches regarding hacks. I also am not looking for a “report from ANet” but honestly I think I can say that the response to threads regarding hacks is annoying and can be misconstrued by many as an attempt to hide issues.

I would like to thank you for your opinion on the rewards though. Like I said, I wasn’t sure and for exactly those reasons, but I still want to see what others have to say.

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Cheechglg.8734

Cheechglg.8734

1 of the FSP hackers breifly explained how some of the hacks that have been in game since day 1 work, sttupid game design with player movement being client side and not server side, quick bit of code change and their invis, running miles faster than anyone and floating about

And yea how arena net handle hacker threads on forums is terrible, maybbe less of them would show up if once… just once a dev came on here and said “yes we know these hacks are being used i game, and we have people working on ridding them from the game” but not once have i seen anything of the sorts, just delete the thread an leaveing alot of people kittened off, seems like their not doing anything, especially when you have been up against a renowned hacking server quite alot over tehe tournament with their invis golems taking all seige out in you keeps/tower’s then the gates and just so happen to have a guild group that has “no idea” the hacker’s been hitting the tower/keep

Infraction points INC!
[FLEE] Gandara [PUK]

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

In the end, FSP are the big losers. Does anyone open a thread with “FSP” in the title without expecting that it’s about hackers and FSP zergs taking advantage of them?

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: badgio.2957

badgio.2957

please Anet
when willl you give some info about the hacking
i understand deleting a post is really simple, but pls try to give some answers

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Beleth.8249

Beleth.8249

They can’t do anything m8, they really can’t.
We are all suffering on all servers. It is rife.

We just have to wait till their hacks don’t work anymore or they get bored.
Sucks

12/5/14 Legendary

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

recorded on the last day of the round. we had a good PPT and then,,, gues what.

How do you know it’s from FSP and not AM?

Because it does not make sense for an AM player to open gates ahead of the FSP zerg unless of course they want to ruin your reputation. Which I would not put past these players.

Well, AM did exactly that this afternoon, opening towers for gand so they can take them and catch up to us.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Carzor Stelatis.9435

Carzor Stelatis.9435

If they spent half as much effort on fixing the hacks/banning the hackers as they do on closing threads complaining about their inaction, we’d be sorted by now.

WvW hackers

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator

As always, please use the in-game reporting tools or contact customer support directly to report anybody who is hacking, cheating, griefing or exploiting. As the customer support team does not read the WvW forum, and we do not provide a place to report these types of activities on the forums, the forums are not the appropriate place to report these actions.