WvW has greatly improved. Ty Anet

in WvW

Posted by: PabbyGaul.9682

PabbyGaul.9682

The rewards, awesome.
The stab changes, awesome.
The server linking, awesome.

Keep up the good work and dont listen to the vocal minority about server identity, its only an issue to like 3 ppl.

in WvW

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

The rewards, awesome.
The stab changes, awesome.
The server linking, needs work.

Keep up the good work and please listen to the vocal minority about server identity, they are part of the GW2 community too.

fix’d

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I kind of chuckled at the 3 people too.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Do we win something for the week now?

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Daemonne.5018

I think he/she means the Tracking Rewards

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in WvW

Posted by: Norbe.7630

Norbe.7630

Keep up the good work and dont listen to the vocal minority about server identity, its only an issue to like 3 ppl.

i wonder who those 3 people are,
so far i’ve encountered 3 trolls in game trying to destroy a world alliance, when i started asking them whats their problem they kept silent
i wonder if this a coincidence ……..or not
i must be talking to some ettins….. i dunno

Duterte Death Squad [DDS]
Gate of Madness

in WvW

Daemonne.5018

i wonder who those 3 people are,
so far i’ve encountered 3 trolls in game trying to destroy a world alliance, when i started asking them whats their problem they kept silent
i wonder if this a coincidence ……..or not
i must be talking to some ettins….. i dunno

Most of us on the low tier servers don’t mind the linking, it’s the linking with Tier 1 servers that we feel was a bad match.

The tier 1 people are nice and helpful, but T1 was just too much culture shock. Lower tiers lose their identity completely.

Linking the low tiers together would have kept things a bit more balanced. T1/T2 and maybe even T3 (not sure about them) could probably have done without the linking and still had plenty of Blob v Blob fights.

in WvW

Norbe.7630

ah,
think of the 3 months as a learning experience not just for you but for your entire server, you may or may not have that chance to do so
maybe one day, for your experiencing that moment, you can lead your server to greatness in battle, even recognize your server as the friendliest and most hospitable in terms of linking
you see linking/merging is not that bad, it adds opportunities… many opportunities

Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Daemonne.5018

ah,
think of the 3 months as a learning experience not just for you but for you entire server, you may or may not have that chance to do so
maybe one day, for your experiencing that moment, you can lead your server to greatness in battle, even recognize your server as the friendliest and most hospitable in terms of linking
you see linking/merging is not that bad, it adds opportunities… many opportunities

I agree, only if it was done with servers of similar size and community. If ET was linked or merged with IOJ and or AR or some such server, we would have much in common. The cohesion would be great. But being Linked to BG (great bunch of peeps, Especially Moses the Bear) we are engulfed. Our tactics are useless unless we hop onto the tail of some roaming Blob.
We like who we are. We would have transferred to a higher tier if we wanted it drastically different. Things change yes, but let our change be gradual. Let us work up to it. Let us have a voice in our choice.

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Yes the 3ppl comment was a joke. Ibwould say simply dont link the top 3 and bottom 3. They said linking/unlinking was easy so…

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I suspected as much. IMO the reward track is OK. I can’t get excited for the smaller things that should have been implemented a long time ago. With all the account bound PvE only gear and stuff, I’m even less excited. I’m reserving a descriptor like “awesome” for bigger changes.

I’ve yet to see the benefits of the serving linking. When I finally get through the queues, it’s still the more of the same. Seige spam and engagement evasion. The kind of stuff that helped bump GW2 down to my secondary MMO.

Though the stab changes look good, haven’t had enough decent clashes to really check it out yet.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Ranger Hussy.9523

Ranger Hussy.9523

Some of us have been on higher tiered servers and moved to lower to avoid server politics or the whole blob v blob, some of even are loyal to the server we are on now and dislike the idea of we actually aren’t really on a server anymore that we chose between the mega server for pve and now this link/merge in w v w.
People keep saying this is great and trying to shout down the ones who have come up with ways to try to keep our server pride or our play style but we have as much right to complain as they do to say otherwise, we paid the same dollar to play this game how we want as they did.
Proud to be on whats left of SOR

Guild {PPP} Guild Leader

in WvW

Daemonne.5018

I suspected as much. IMO the reward track is OK. I can’t get excited for the smaller things that should have been implemented a long time ago. With all the account bound PvE only gear and stuff, I’m even less excited. I’m reserving a descriptor like “awesome” for bigger changes.

I’ve yet to see the benefits of the serving linking. When I finally get through the queues, it’s still the more of the same. Seige spam and engagement evasion. The kind of stuff that helped bump GW2 down to my secondary MMO.

Though the stab changes look good, haven’t had enough decent clashes to really check it out yet.

I would like to see more WvW geared Rewards. Greater Siege (not sure if its in any of the rewards yet) maybe some new Battle Gear skins :-)

Engagement Evasion. See that’s not something we had on low tier servers. We saw people we clashed. Sometimes it was 20 on 5, sometimes even amounts. Largest “Blob” was maybe 35 people and that could be fended off for a bit if you reached a tower and bunkered long enough for reinforcements.
There certainly wasn’t a second Blob waiting to sandwich you.

Hell, the people in Kaos and ALS from AR can tell you that in small vs medium group, your skill is going to outmatch the numbers. With this T1 pairing, the numbers are just going to roll you.

in WvW

Daemonne.5018

ah,
think of the 3 months as a learning experience not just for you but for your entire server, you may or may not have that chance to do so

Let me clarify another point. In 3 months there will be another linking. If we don’t voice our concerns now during the first 3 months, then Anet is going to feel that everybody is happy with the change and it could turn out worse for us.

We don’t want to just wait for the polls to roll around for our opinions. We need to let them know from beginning to end. Many views may change in time. Opinions may differ from start to finish. I may even grow to like the “Blob” mentality (doubtful but I never thought I’d like Sushi either) It’ll be a good way for them to gauge the response over time as well.
So it’s not so much that we are coming to the forums and voicing in anger, we are just making sure that we are heard and not drowned out or forgotten that we are in disagreement.

Betas need feedback. We will oblige :-)

in WvW

Norbe.7630

i know what you feel bro,
ive leveled all my toons to 80 on wvw, not eotm to be clear
ive seen what low server fights are up to high tier when i transfered to t1 server

hate to post some old vids but here it goes

this is what you mean by low tier fights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TTMsJ7cF6Z4#t=0

now when gom made to mid tier, first time ive seen things i was shocked to see a massive amount of enemies pouring and engulfing your squad, didnt know what to do at first, i just go with the flow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FmNgz1uwnY8#t=0

what ive seen so far, there are blob vs blob too with prolonged and decisive engagements much like in lower tier, you just have to see it harder, and let go

btw about the reward track, i was itching to get this helm for my necro

Attachments:

Gate of Madness

(edited by Norbe.7630)

in WvW

Posted by: Aethilmar.3951

Aethilmar.3951

I just came back after months of not playing (got burned out on WvW). Figured I’d give the expansion a try with then new PvE. Meh.

Then jumped back into WvW. Holy cow! I forgot how good it was. Now with the rewards and the new maps and the new mechanics it is very entertaining and a viable path to play as the main game while PvE is a secondary path.

I know the shine will wear off eventually (it always does). But if they pursue a strategy of tweaking and small updates it should keep me entertained for many months to come.

in WvW

Posted by: sionnach.5391

sionnach.5391

Let me clarify another point. In 3 months there will be another linking. If we don’t voice our concerns now during the first 3 months, then Anet is going to feel that everybody is happy with the change and it could turn out worse for us.

We don’t want to just wait for the polls to roll around for our opinions. We need to let them know from beginning to end. Many views may change in time. Opinions may differ from start to finish. I may even grow to like the “Blob” mentality (doubtful but I never thought I’d like Sushi either) It’ll be a good way for them to gauge the response over time as well.
So it’s not so much that we are coming to the forums and voicing in anger, we are just making sure that we are heard and not drowned out or forgotten that we are in disagreement.

Thank you Daemonne; took the words out of my mouth. Our server has been discussing these issues non-stop since Friday, and we intend to bring thoughtful feedback to the forums throughout the beta.

It’s been said elsewhere, but again – I think linking between the lower tiers could be a solution and bring a nice spread of playstyles (plus, I’m growing very fond of some of our long-time rival servers and guilds via these discussions!)

Nanesh
[Owls] Owl Legion
Kaineng (currently guesting on TC)

Guild Leader – Owl Legion of Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Thank you Daemonne; took the words out of my mouth. Our server has been discussing these issues non-stop since Friday, and we intend to bring thoughtful feedback to the forums throughout the beta.

It’s been said elsewhere, but again – I think linking between the lower tiers could be a solution and bring a nice spread of playstyles (plus, I’m growing very fond of some of our long-time rival servers and guilds via these discussions!)

Nanesh
[Owls] Owl Legion

I am on Kaineng, and I haven’t heard any “non-stop discussion of these issues since Friday”. Most people I have talked to on Kaineng have been loving wvw, now.

Where exactly are you holding these server wide discussions?? I’m serious…if they actually exist, I would like to at least listen in on them.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Nanesh
[Owls] Owl Legion

I am on Kaineng, and I haven’t heard any “non-stop discussion of these issues since Friday”. Most people I have talked to on Kaineng have been loving wvw, now.

Where exactly are you holding these server wide discussions?? I’m serious…if they actually exist, I would like to at least listen in on them.

So…are you considering transfering servers?

in WvW

Posted by: sionnach.5391

sionnach.5391

Hi Teon,

Yep, the core WvWers have been discussing many aspects of this beta both in game and on outside systems, and I’m sure you’ve seen some of our posts so far – I don’t think I said we weren’t having fun? Also some Commanders/Guild Leads are holding off on official forum feedback for a few days til the dust settles a bit.

I’ll PM you, since as you may know some of our WvW players are no longer using the old website to communicate outside of game – so you might be out of the loop if you aren’t active on alternate sites. I’ll contact you.

You are also welcome to join us on the Kain TS, where a lot of this takes place esp. over the weekend and evenings. Contact me in game for that info anytime.

Nanesh

Guild Leader – Owl Legion of Kaineng

in WvW

Teon.5168

Nanesh
[Owls] Owl Legion

So…are you considering transfering servers?

I transferred my main account(this one) to FA around 2 or so weeks ago. My second account, however, is still on Kaineng with my main guild…..where I have been doing most of my wvw’ing since the new patch.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

PabbyGaul.9682

Cool. Would you consider yourself a server loyalist?

in WvW

Teon.5168

In a way, yes. I have transferred to FA once before, quite some time ago, when Kaineng wvw was first becoming a ghost town. (But have always kept my second account there just so I could stay in touch with Kaineng wvw)

I came back to Kaineng with my main account a few months back, when things on Kaineng wvw had started to pick up…..but then we lost 3 of our main wvw guilds to other servers, and the absolute bottom dropped out of Kaineng wvw. I figured this was close to the death knell for Kaineng, and I wanted to wvw, so transferred my main account to FA once again, 2-3 weeks ago.

But again, I left my second account on Kaineng. My main guild for both accounts is mainly Kaineng based, and I am still in that guild.(will never leave them…my loyalty is more with them than the server they mainly come from)

Having the second account gave me the best of both worlds before the patch….active wvw on one account, while keeping tabs on my home wvw with the other account in case help was needed again.

And on the matter of server loyalty…..yea, that exists for me somewhat with Kaineng…..but I feel that most real server loyalty ended with the mega server introduction a while back.

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: Dominus.7013

Dominus.7013

ah,

Well said, Dae.

We have taken ArenaNet up on their request to provide needed feedback on a beta test, and ArenaNet is listening. Last night, An ArenaNet employee transferred to Eredon Terrace to run with us. One of our members (Ariel/Ursa) spoke with him for over an hour about our concerns, and he assured her that ArenaNet is taking all opinions into account (see her post about this). They are also watching these forums, so, if you haven’t posted your opinion yet, please be sure to do so.

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

ah,

Id love to be able to do this but I cant even log into WvW and I go backwards in the queue whenever I get to single digits (frustrating after a 3+ hour wait). So nope, won’t try to even experience it again. I think it was great of ANET to do this though, at least they attempted and hopefully it works out for most people.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server