WvW has some serious problems

in WvW

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Skill lag, huge network lag, has ruined the game. the large blobs, that were possibly there before have made it next to impossible to play for anyone not located directly on the server. I have an oustanding computer, unquestionably able to handle any load this game put out, but the skill lag/network lag has utterly made wvw extremely difficult. I cannot be the only one having this issue. There is litterally nothing I can do, because there is literally no difference between extreme graphic settings to low graphic settings with this type of network lag.

I am not sure how a wvw’r is suposed to deal with this. I am seriously dissappointed because WvW is literally the only aspect of the game that I play, and I cannot find a solution on my end.

Please don’t tell me to upgrade my computer because my system would make 80% of the people cry. It has to be something with network lag.

(edited by Gryph.8237)

in WvW

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

It’s network lag, servers lag primetime, that’s it. But they seem to ignore the problem

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

The devs told us that culling and lag were separate problems. Now that culling has been removed, I imagine the lag issue will start seeing some attention. And yes, the lag is server side, but people with less powerful machines see the effects more readily as large fights test the limits of their computers, trying to draw all the players and particle effects that server tells it to, and thus bogging down their machine, coupling server lag with processor lag.

The lag only occurs when large numbers of players congregate in a small spot, aka zerg wars. It was neigh unplayable the first couple days after the patch, but I feel like it’s improved or people are blobbing less. Now it seems to be lag only strikes during a SMC Lord Room fight and occasionally and in less severity in massive battles that occur away from SMC.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

The devs told us that culling and lag were separate problems. Now that culling has been removed, I imagine the lag issue will start seeing some attention. And yes, the lag is server side, but people with less powerful machines see the effects more readily as large fights test the limits of their computers, trying to draw all the players and particle effects that server tells it to, and thus bogging down their machine, coupling server lag with processor lag.

The lag only occurs when large numbers of players congregate in a small spot, aka zerg wars. It was neigh unplayable the first couple days after the patch, but I feel like it’s improved or people are blobbing less. Now it seems to be lag only strikes during a SMC Lord Room fight and occasionally and in less severity in massive battles that occur away from SMC.

Your first paragraph is accurate. Your second paragraph is not.

Lag may only be CREATED when large numbers congregate in a small spot, but the resulting server/network overload can AFFECT anyone in the game no matter whether they are in PvE or WvW, or even on another realm (i.e., “server”). That’s because ANet merges server capacity for WvW and dynamically allocates it based upon need. An overload from somewhere can make lag occur almost anywhere.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

If you are fighting ikittenerg ball and you have a high end pc you will have less lag than most. Which means while you are experience lag you are still faster than 80% of the player who has it worse. I also see a lot of lag in zerg ball but I have learn to deal with it. I play a ranged class so it’s easier for me but ye if you are melee I feel sry for ye. I also hate zerging but since zerging is the easiest way to get wxp I get lured to zerg. But tbh I have 1/2 hr at most in me fighting ikittenerg ball. I bet I can teach my 5 year old to zerg and get 90% of the wxp I get . Skill really doesn’t matter when you zerg unless of course if you are leading.

in WvW

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

A option to reduce particle effects would help a lot here. I don’t understand why it’s not a option already.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

this is because now the information (data) sent to individual game client is larger than before, because they are not filtered (culled), causing network congestion……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

There was considerable skill lag before the culling patch, as many had already reported, so it is not related to the additional information that the server now needs to send after removing culling. Most people seem to agree it started with the previous patch (guesting patch although guesting itself might be completely unrelated). As for the lag itself, sometimes it is skills only, other times it is skill & movement. It is unplayable either way.

in WvW

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Ya it’s not you it’s the servers. The only way to fix it would be to get a better internet connection no matter what kind of computer you have it’s your internet speed that helps or hinders the situation as it’s about the amount of data you can send and receive from their servers. Even then the servers and/or engine Anet uses can’t send and receive data fast enough in high stress situations causing the skill lag that an extremely high amount of players have experienced since launch.

This is made even further noticeable when using a program to determine your MS/ping i haven’t done it myself but people who have state that it’s a lot higher than other games.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

in WvW

Posted by: akunadin.5017

akunadin.5017

BS, all same for me, glassviber and fastest/best internet connection+indeed a comp that make even 90% of the ppl cry.

Battleping/smoothping got all of it.

Game is faked Anet saks huge… 6 months of culling turns in to 6 months of skill lag now.
Out of frustration i even downloaded and played Age of Washu for 4 hours yesterday not becoue i liked it so much, simply becouse GW really gets on me nervers with all this bs atm.
Not even to mention indeed that i had to trasnfure from my home-server SFR becouse of a nother idiotic decision FREE transfure to a tier 1 server…GTFO wich gave me 4 hours qeu.

wtb elderscroll online (beta) fast faster fastest!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

BS, all same for me, glassviber and fastest/best internet connection+indeed a comp that make even 90% of the ppl cry.

Game is faked Anet saks huge… 6 months of culling turns in to 6 months of skill lag now.
Out of frustration i even downloaded and played Age of Washu for 4 hours yesterday not becoue i liked it so much, simply becouse GW really gets on me nervers with all this bs atm.
Not even to mention indeed that i had to trasnfure from my home-server SFR becouse of a nother idiotic decision FREE transfure to a tier 1 server…GTFO wich gave me 4 hours qeu.

Your writing ability makes my eyes bleed. DX

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

funny how it seems to only be the very top tiers that are complaining. Stacked too many people in me thinks.

AR

in WvW

akunadin.5017

Your writing ability makes my eyes bleed. DX

Hmmmm maybe U lag some reading ability’s?

in WvW

akunadin.5017

funny how it seems to only be the very top tiers that are complaining. Stacked too many people in me thinks.

Unless U consider a tier 3 ( were i moved to) allso top tier?! It has same trouble as tier 1
Just the que’s gone:P

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

Devs have not answered one question about skill lag yet so good luck.

in WvW

Posted by: Krosan.2890

Krosan.2890

I never lag in WvW unless maybe in a threeway fight in inner of SM. We also have quite large zergs at time even tho we aren’t a high tier. I guess mass joining a server has its flaws.

in WvW

Posted by: William.6597

William.6597

Skill lag, huge network lag, has ruined the game. the large blobs, that were possibly there before have made it next to impossible to play for anyone not located directly on the server. I have an oustanding computer, unquestionably able to handle any load this game put out, but the skill lag/network lag has utterly made wvw extremely difficult. I cannot be the only one having this issue. There is litterally nothing I can do, because there is literally no difference between extreme graphic settings to low graphic settings with this type of network lag.

I am not sure how a wvw’r is suposed to deal with this. I am seriously dissappointed because WvW is literally the only aspect of the game that I play, and I cannot find a solution on my end.

Please don’t tell me to upgrade my computer because my system would make 80% of the people cry. It has to be something with network lag.

I agree
I dont play much GW2, but i do love pvp. WvW is to laggy for me.

1. I like to see my enemys coming from distance, but out of warning i am standing in a large groupe of enemy players.
2. I dont like the 4 maps in WvW. Just 1 is enough. Focus on 1 map with no lag, no waiting times.
3. I don’t like it that i can not see all my team-members in the whole map.
4. I don’t like the playstyle that you should move in a big groupe to get anywhere in WvW. Would be fun for me to play it solo to, or build a solo device to get down walls/doors.

What do i like?
Well, i only liked the idea…1 big playground, very large, to do pvp. But the idea is all i like, when playing its very dissappointing.

in WvW

Posted by: Deadcell.9052

Deadcell.9052

What did you guys expect? The entire WvW experience is centered around mass zerging, 60-80 man zergs are the norm now, especially in T1. All incentives, rewards, strategies, and tactics are solely centered around zerging, the bigger the zerg = more profit!

I personally do not see a fix for the the current ability/ lag delays unless they change the way WvW is played, they need to get the players spread around the map instead of clumped in 1 big megazergball, they accomplish that and the game’s performance will increase a ton.

in WvW

akunadin.5017

What did you guys expect? The entire WvW experience is centered around mass zerging, 60-80 man zergs are the norm now, especially in T1. All incentives, rewards, strategies, and tactics are solely centered around zerging, the bigger the zerg = more profit!

I personally do not see a fix for the the current ability/ lag delays unless they change the way WvW is played, they need to get the players spread around the map instead of clumped in 1 big megazergball, they accomplish that and the game’s performance will increase a ton.

Yea m8 agree the zergs are huge, but………

I played Aion for about 3 years before i started GW2 ( been playing from beta) same as Aion btw. And the zergs at siege at Aion were allso huge..iam talking 200 ppl minimum often and i never had skill lag over there.

in WvW

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

Yea m8 agree the zergs are huge, but………

I played Aion for about 3 years before i started GW2 ( been playing from beta) same as Aion btw. And the zergs at siege at Aion were allso huge..iam talking 200 ppl minimum often and i never had skill lag over there.

Different engines . Daoc was launched what over 10 years ago. The lag in GW2 is aout the same as Daoc where the battle size are about the same. Yet the pc I play GW2 on is about 10x better than the pc I played DAoC on. The server we have today is maybe 100x better than what they had then. Yet the game companies insist on using game engines that produce the shiniest graphics rather than best mutil player performance. What’s the pt of having cool armor modle when you are forced to turn down graphic setting so that everyone is a green blob just to WvW.