WvW idea

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: alairus.4521

alairus.4521

I was thinking…why don’t we take the idea that ESO has with WVW? They just have one Giant server but we would still have a 3 server match up but instead of 3 maps just one giant one for the 3 servers? Of course the maps have to similar in size to ESO. What do y’all think?

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: primatos.5413

primatos.5413

I like the Idea .. to bad that Anet is not interested in good Ideas

Lügen-Anet Anet-Lügen

WvW idea

in WvW

alairus.4521

Well I’m just trying to help with ideas. Hopefully if ppl like it they’ll push for it :-)

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I think a lot of you come up with amazing ideas and put a lot of thought into your posts. However, I think you’re asking anet to invest resources into something they’ve let go of years ago. It’s a game and your typical mmo studio.

Sooner or later, you’re going to have to accept reality. It’s not happening. So enjoy yourself while you can and move onto the next game, mmo, etc. The good ole days are not coming back

Cher had it right, 9.2 million views can’t be wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G4O5AMSevc

Dtox

WvW idea

in WvW

alairus.4521

I like wvw and this game. I’ve been playing since launch and those “good ole days” are still here for me. The only problem I had with the game were the content droughts, but that’s to be expected with big projects. I made this post because I want to help the community since all ppl do is complain. To be WvW isn’t really broken it’s ppl who bandwagon that makes it so difficult. My idea to solve it is the ESO WvW style if it’s possible.

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

They have one giant map but they also have different campaigns with various restrictions/no restrictions and guesting.

To make a single large map work you would have to figure out a proper population size and then you would have problems like que and how to deal with slide show graphics because gw2 encourages zerging heavily.

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

They have one giant map but they also have different campaigns with various restrictions/no restrictions and guesting.

To make a single large map work you would have to figure out a proper population size and then you would have problems like que and how to deal with slide show graphics because gw2 encourages zerging heavily.

Graphics is absolutely not the issue, even during the laggiest battles, you can still have a high and steady FPS. If you have graphics issues, then that is entirely and purely on you and your rig.

However, skill lag and general network performance in the game is a huge problem. Just look at your ping rates during different battle sizes and at the same time ask on TS and compare. You will find a ton of correlation there.

Then imagine if there was only 1 server, 1 map, and instead of having a triple map que size blob at SMC for example, you now had map que size blobs from 12 servers, all in the same spot, same battle, then multiply skill lag accordingly.

Simply put, this game does not have even remotely close hardware and networking capabilities to do that. It struggles as it is already to a point where many times, we end up leavign the map because the game is simply unplayable for everyone in the raid.

That is a problem.

Then the 2nd problem. Do you like the days and weeks when all you got is 20-30 people vs 2 map ques ? Is it fun ? Sure it may be a novelty for a day or 2, but pass that …..

Now imagine multiplying this effect times maybe 5 or 10 because now you’re going vs 5 or 10 map ques ? How will you and your team mates feel in the longrun ? how many will just leave to either pve play something else or just do something else ?

How will that go ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

WvW idea

in WvW

alairus.4521

How does ESO do it? Is it their engine because console can handle the population and aren’t PCs suppose to handle that issue better? I was thinking that the map sizes on ESO would prevent the ganging up as much because it would be hard to take over an entire map because it’s so large. And I wasn’t talking about 12 servers on one map; just the same 3 server match up and no border BLs. Just one Giant map and because it’s so huge, like in ESO, those large zeros would have to split up because it would be crazy to Zerg one side and have the rest of your territory underfunded…

WvW idea

in WvW

alairus.4521

AND I don’t know about your servers but on my server, 1 of the top 3, we usually have one map not qued on rest mind you. If there was one map with unqued map space. Can that be used for space for more ppl on the Giant map? If this is undoable I would like facts on it, aka a developer responds.

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

might actually work. Needs a good waypoint system but merging all maps into one large might actually work. Not shure the current implementation allows it. There were already lags from large zergs or the event in desert in the past on the smaller maps.

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I made this post because I want to help the community since all ppl do is complain.

Kinda funny, you do realize the eso, eotm, factions, world vs globe, and a dozen other fix wvw ideas have been discussed in these forums over the years. Not always “complaining” in here.

P.S How long do you think it will take them to design and complete a brand new map? What happens to the old maps which are favorites to some players?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I don’t think this would solve any of main problems with WvW, but it would be a huge investment. What’s your goal with this change?

WvW idea

in WvW

alairus.4521

My goal was to bring in new ppl and just throw out ideas. I honestly don’t know what the problem is with WvW except for the zerging I guess and skill lag. AND I would say merge the maps and take parts from them

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I also think there is a limit to how large they can make the maps, suspecting that DBL is close to that limit. Though they seem to be able to build it in height, so we could have a 3-4 layered WvW map I guess :p

And as others have mentioned, the game has problems enough with 80vs80vs80 on a single map. If they made a larger map with MORE players, we could rename the game to “Slideshow Wars 2FPS”

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

I know Anet does work on WvW stuff. But to me it feels like if they are it is a very slow and lethargic when it comes to WvW. The matchups no longer make sense. When you come in 2nd in tier 2 and you are shoved to tier 4. I mean the bags are great there, but if can kill 10+ by myself and I am super tanky as a DH you know something is wrong.

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

if can kill 10+ by myself and I am super tanky as a DH you know something is wrong.

It means your opponent needs to improve. I’ve won some 1v3 fights, but I’m not very good, it was just that they were bad.

WvW idea

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I think GW2 trying to emulate a less successful game and a less successful RvR mode is probably not going to happen. Lag in WvW can get bad but it seems positively fluid compared to AvA lag.

I would also point out that the combat design and system architecture in GW2 likely prevents scaling up of the maps in a serious way. GW2 active combat is an impressive feat but the drawback is a significantly more complex computational model.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”