WvW is End Game

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: RAIN.1238

RAIN.1238

I don’t know if I’m the only one who feels this way, but WvW is the only End Game to GW2. So why does it get the least attention? You really think I care about a new skin for my back piece? Or a one time boss fight? I’m getting tired of seeing all these updates that make PvE “better”. “better” as in grind this content for two weeks before it is gone and replaced by the next two week farm. Why not put some actual thought into WvW, which players gear for, and build guilds around.

Leagues might have been a step in the right direction, until they up the server populations, and only announce two leagues for NA. You really think 2 leagues will be balanced and competitive? 4th ranked TC, cant even compete with any of the top 3. But, you expect 12th ranked servers to have a chance? lmao, you guys really pride yourselves on thinking these things out?

-HoD- [EVIL]
| Rainin Ash | Asher Nicole |

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Anet doesn’t appear to care about WvW or the people that play it.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: deltasniper.5093

deltasniper.5093

I am saddened by this as PvP has always been the biggest thing for me about guild wars.

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Because Anet is doing the one thing that has killed SO many mmos in the past.

They’re trying to kill WoW.

Killing WoW means a 100% focus on pve content and gear progression. It’s also impossible, and therefore a monumental waste of resources. Remember Anet’s top guy is a former Blizzard employee. The desire to show up his former employer surely runs deep…

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Remember Anet’s top guy is a former Blizzard employee. The desire to show up his former employer surely runs deep…

Are you taking any new clients?

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

They are just doing what makes money. People have mentioned they spend 100+ $ a month in pve forums. Those are the whales, and Its who anet is targeting. Wvw is just a sloppy afterthought

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Leagues would have been great like 8 months ago. Its not the same game now.

WvW’s spend money too. Transfers, gems to convert to gold to try out new builds, gems to gold for siege equipment, appearance items, transmuation stones, etc… per person they likely spend as much or more than pve’ers. A transfer alone is 1800 gems to some servers.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

I don’t know if I’m the only one who feels this way, but WvW is the only End Game to GW2. So why does it get the least attention? You really think I care about a new skin for my back piece? Or a one time boss fight? I’m getting tired of seeing all these updates that make PvE “better”. “better” as in grind this content for two weeks before it is gone and replaced by the next two week farm. Why not put some actual thought into WvW, which players gear for, and build guilds around.

Leagues might have been a step in the right direction, until they up the server populations, and only announce two leagues for NA. You really think 2 leagues will be balanced and competitive? 4th ranked TC, cant even compete with any of the top 3. But, you expect 12th ranked servers to have a chance? lmao, you guys really pride yourselves on thinking these things out?

Only way we can hope for change is if we stop playing wvw. According to Devon as long as people play it means they are doing things right and won’t listen to us vocal minority.

Source:
http://i.imgur.com/BA20tY6.jpg

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

(edited by Luvpie.8350)

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Doppey Woogy.6590

Doppey Woogy.6590

So why does it get the least attention? Cant be serious …..

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Crafting and wood gathering is end game. God this game is boring. Can’t even play www before my 6 characters have ascended weapons.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I think WvWvW stopped being end game worthy when they started really blasting it with vertical progression. Forget about getting comfortable and facing off against others, now so many people are focused on gearing up their character(s) yet again. Fun fights are getting fewer and fewer.

Whispers with meat.

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Anet seems to think that their esport program is special. They haven’t learned that their key competitive advantage is in wvw. There’s really nothing comparable right now. the gw2 esport is mediocre at best.

OP’d thief, lol

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

The fact that there is less than 100 people queued in their spvp at any one time should tell the how bad it is. Over 1000000 people play LOL every day, just for reference.

WvW is worth saving. But its lack of attention and their unwillingness to listen to the players is killing it.

Just some thoughts
The only large organised guilds playing this game are WvWers. They have done very little to improve WvW. The guilds feel unlistened to atm. The second a new pvp game comes out they will leave, as the feelings I hear from the guild leaders are those of anger and resentment towards Anet.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

They are just doing what makes money. People have mentioned they spend 100+ $ a month in pve forums. Those are the whales, and Its who anet is targeting. Wvw is just a sloppy afterthought

WvW could be the ‘whales’ though if they actually had competitive matches and balanced mechanics such that people cared about PPT and the way the game was meant to be played.

Because so much of the above is a joke and people only want to ‘find good fights’ or else farm WXP, the mode has much less meaning in terms of encouraging people to buy gems or invest tons of gold in helping their server.

Right now its more of a selfish mode where players come in looking to get whatever fun out of it as an individual, and thus, do not want to pour resources into it. And it doesn’t help that WvW rewards still pale in comparison to PVE, as far as how much gold you earn and such.

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s unbelievable they only just started seriously selling finishers. They were probably too busy dreaming about the money that esport sPVP would bring in to think about ways to monetize PvP/WvW.

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

I don’t know if I’m the only one who feels this way, but WvW is the only End Game to GW2. So why does it get the least attention?

This is a GOOD question that is spot on… would love to hear an answer too.

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

WvW could be the ‘whales’ though if they actually had competitive matches and balanced mechanics such that people cared about PPT and the way the game was meant to be played.

Because so much of the above is a joke and people only want to ‘find good fights’ or else farm WXP, the mode has much less meaning in terms of encouraging people to buy gems or invest tons of gold in helping their server.

Right now its more of a selfish mode where players come in looking to get whatever fun out of it as an individual, and thus, do not want to pour resources into it. And it doesn’t help that WvW rewards still pale in comparison to PVE, as far as how much gold you earn and such.

Fighting players should be the focus of wvw. Not ppt. PvE is boring as hell. Start relying on less guys to win fights…and youll have more fun. THAT is Guaranteed.

PAXA -GM

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Crafting and wood gathering is end game. God this game is boring. Can’t even play www before my 6 characters have ascended weapons.

Dude, rares do just as well if you’ve got a decent group. You need not be alone in this world.

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

WvW gets little attention because it’s not their money maker and never will be.

The majority of WvW or PvP’res in generally play for the fight not how pretty their character looks. PvE’re play for gear/progression and will invest a lot of time in trying to get the perfect look for their character.

WvW is the minority and we always will be. I bet they make more money of gems in the first week of a new content update then they have made in the history of the game off of WvW players.

Gear is cheap compared to the cosmetic stuff. You can gear an character out in full exotics for roughly 40 gold. That’s equivalent to the cost of 1 to 1.5 cosmetic items.

I guarantee there are people out there that have spent thousands of dollars on gems just for Keys to open Black Lion Boxes.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

WvW gets little attention because it’s not their money maker and never will be.

The majority of WvW or PvP’res in generally play for the fight not how pretty their character looks. PvE’re play for gear/progression and will invest a lot of time in trying to get the perfect look for their character.

WvW is the minority and we always will be. I bet they make more money of gems in the first week of a new content update then they have made in the history of the game off of WvW players.

Gear is cheap compared to the cosmetic stuff. You can gear an character out in full exotics for roughly 40 gold. That’s equivalent to the cost of 1 to 1.5 cosmetic items.

I guarantee there are people out there that have spent thousands of dollars on gems just for Keys to open Black Lion Boxes.

I know I threw $50 at about 60 keys or so, got about 6 months worth of boosts. I know I’ll probably throw $100 at it again this winter just to see what I get. Also, everyone threw the exchange rate off by converting so much gold into gems during Anniversary week.

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It sorta is. PvP is sorta just there and PvE just feels like collection time for junk (farming). At least the scenery never gets tiring.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

The basic design of WvW is fubar, and fixing it means a serious re-write.

You could look at it from day one, and tell what was going to happen. Transferring to a T1 server would meant guaranteed wins 80% of the time. That is exactly what has happened and continues to this day.

Perhaps it was intentional, a sort of pay to win sort of move. If you want to play on a team with a full roster instead of a near empty one, pay to transfer, otherwise we hope you enjoy testing your skills while your always outnumbered.

New players who are considering buying this game for the WvW, you need to budget a few extra bucks to transfer to a tier 1 world if you care about winning.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

WvW is End Game

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

You could look at it from day one, and tell what was going to happen. Transferring to a T1 server would meant guaranteed wins 80% of the time. That is exactly what has happened and continues to this day.

67.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot…

There is a problem with your math. Since there are 3 servers in T1 trasferring to one of them could never mean a guaranteed win 80% of the time. Unless you meant transferring to the #1 server which would give you a higher percentage but still no where near an 80% guarantee since server pops are constantly evolving.

Most people don’t transfer to T1 for a guaranteed win. They transfer there for the big fights and to some extent the organized communities. Having not played on one of the T7 servers I can’t say for sure but I am guessing they do not have an organized community TS server that is dedicated for WvW. That is one of the things that sets the High tier servers apart. They have leaders that are working to organize the community. Part of that is having a community TS that people actually use. It’s a big part or being able to organize the pug groups.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall