WvW is a mess - there were 4-5 of us

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

What is this?

Someone on the dev team please, for the love of mmo logic, explain this to us:

Why are zergs of insane numbers being seen like this? Why is this being allowed?

A zerg isn’t skill… it’s murder, slaughter, not pvp/skill.

When all you are doing is dying, rezing back at the only point that can be rez’ed to and then dying again, can you see where this would not be fun?

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Righto, so because you don’t have enough people to walk around with, or because you aren’t with a group and happened to run into a group, other people should not be "
allowed" to play.

I presume you are on FA. Remember all those weeks of your server facerolling tier 4 and whatnot? Now imagine the game told you “you are not allowed to join the WvW map because your opponents are whining too hard”. That’s what you are suggesting.

Edit: I presume the guy is from FA because there’s a “defend Langor” event up top, one would think if YB had Langor’s something really weird is going on. I’m not insinuating that he is from FA because he is whining or anything, just to make things clear.

(edited by ykyk.2740)

in WvW

Posted by: Cosmos The Cat.2954

Cosmos The Cat.2954

Its Yaks Bend. Got the red flag on the up right corner. Anyways I would not be surprised if there was one commander on TC right now. Plenty of times I’ve run into a zerg, but luckily I get to re spawn!
:)

TC Thief
[DIS][STAR]

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

TC are notorious for large zergs. With that said, there is nothing Anet can do or should do. Every server does it once in awhile, some more than others, but there is no possible way to stop people from zerging without hurting wvw. Just kinda have to hope they get tired of being a nameless pixel in a mindless zerg and split into smaller, effective groups.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Welcome to WvWvW

what do you expect ? it is all about mass murder and destruction…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

If it is a fellow Bender he’s giving a poor showing here.

@OP: We fight outnumbered, tooth and nail. We don’t whinge about it. That is the Yak’s way.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in WvW

Posted by: allways.9270

allways.9270

Get your group into a tower .. build defences/sieges & upgrade it to max. Read all about defending, that you can find. And you´ll experience, that even with a group of few dedicated ppl .. you can wipe out 30man zerg.

Charr Engineer
Death is Energy [DIE]
Underworld server; WvW – UW border/defence

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Oh. Half as big as the zergs I encountered yesterday… How cute :>

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

This is also mmo logic, there are several mmo’s where team size does matter to conquer castles, if its a 500 vs 500 vs 500 its acceptable and common situation to encounter a large enemy team.

Let me guess you didnt notice they were some much there :] culling is the only problem i see here?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

That is not a zerg, that is a raiding/harassment party.

If it were a real zerg, you would have been dead long before they rendered on your screen.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

in WvW

naphack.9346

that’s 25 guys.
30 at most.
What are you complaining about?

in WvW

Posted by: Dicellol.4153

Dicellol.4153

Hang on, is this guy saying zergs should not be allowed? HAHAHAH
Seriously mate, get a grip.

Sea of Sorrows #1
Team Shatter [TS]

in WvW

Posted by: Shrouded.6450

Shrouded.6450

That is not a zerg, that is a raiding/harassment party.

If it were a real zerg, you would have been dead long before they rendered on your screen.

Im pretty sure they havent fought a t1-t2 server. Mahn, if tc is not ready for the upper tiers, just imagine them fighting these monsters in t1 and t2…

in WvW

Posted by: ShadowSoljer.6524

ShadowSoljer.6524

What is this?

Why are zergs of insane numbers being seen like this? Why is this being allowed?

When all you are doing is dying, rezing back at the only point that can be rez’ed to and then dying again, can you see where this would not be fun?

Hey you should spend that trait point, it might make you die less quickly.

in WvW

naphack.9346

What is this?

Hey you should spend that trait point, it might make you die less quickly.

lol nice catch

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

The answer to this thread is simple, it’s world vs world. The world can’t consist of only 5 players can it?
It’s all good my friend. Just get use to it. Very soon you will be a awesome pvper.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I apologise if this seems like a flame, but the only response to the OP must be:

WvWvW != sPvP

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Someone from Yak’s Bend complaining about zerging…. that’s ironic.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: ShaunZ.1098

ShaunZ.1098

Someone from Yak’s Bend complaining about zerging…. that’s ironic.

Totally! The Yaks invented the zerg and if all the other servers don’t stop using it we will be forced to have them banned from the game.

Gremmil – Fort Aspenwood Engineer
It’s [NERF] or nothing!

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

TC are notorious for large zergs.

As is every other server. Your point is invalid.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Looks like a tasty fight to me.

If you don’t want larger scale combat, do sPvP. WvWvW is about fielding larger forces to take larger-scale objectives, so you’re going to see more players.

The 4 or 5 of you should have been inside that tower, if it’s yours. If you see that large of a group coming at you while you’re assaulting a tower, you should be running. Leading large groups on a wild goose chase can buy time for your server, if they are making plays elsewhere.

Killing isn’t the only measure of usefulness, and most zergs that are comprised of an array of guilds (see: that one) can be herded like sheep. At the very least, you’ll pull a few bloodthirsty ones away from the pack to kill.

Also, there’s no reason to take a death from a large group of players so personally. I’ve been caught in bad positions a large number of times because I both get greedy and want to test the limitations of my ability to escape sticky situations. Sometimes you die to numbers, and it really isn’t a big deal as long as you take what you learned and adapt accordingly the next time around.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in WvW

Posted by: CarelessKrow.8032

CarelessKrow.8032

For that number of players I just jump in head first to dagger storm, then let whoever’s behind me clean up and res my body if I don’t make it out.

You guys haven’t seen some T1 fights yet.

[AoS] Army of Shepherds | Jade Quarry
That thief shooting rainbows at you? That’s me.

in WvW

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

What is this?

I would try finding a castle to hide in. I hear there are some of those about.

Or unless you’ve encountered a slew of people that don’t follow the rules of physics, they can’t be two places at once. I like to just go where they’re not.

Lastly, using numbers is an ABSOLUTELY viable tactical strategy. It doesn’t make you any less capable if you choose to move in a pack to increase your chances of surviving and success. It’s up to you as a player to determine and execute an appropriate counter strategy, which as far as I can tell, isn’t stamping your foot down and crying, “this isn’t fair!”

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Actually ANet could easily make it ‘hard’ for zergs by increasing the limit of people that an AOE spell can hit.

What would this mean?
A: You can’t stand in AOE. That’s a given and should be effective.
B: It would force people not to be in bunches as a coordinated 10-15 could wipe out a much larger zerg using terrains to their advantage (narrow points, tunnels etc)
C: It would force greater creativity when sieging a keep. No you can’t just bunch up on a gate anymore, you’ll have to employ your rams or catapult and then support siege (I.E. a ram at the gate, a cata from the back and an arrow cart or two to protect the gate attackers).

This is just my opinion though.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

If you are going to roam in a small group or by yourself you need to make sure you have a couple of things. 100% swiftness is a must. Some sort of gap closer for running away or chasing (leap, bullcharge), and then some common sense. Zergs run from objective to objective. If you are roaming around, don’t take the main path. Stay off to the side, use terrain to observe movements, get behind the zerg. Once you are in the rear, ganking is plentiful.

in WvW

Posted by: Syndic.4762

Syndic.4762

20-30 man group, thats small scale.

[CIR]
Blacktide

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

For that number of players I just jump in head first to dagger storm, then let whoever’s behind me clean up and res my body if I don’t make it out.

You guys haven’t seen some T1 fights yet.

This! Lol, if you’re a d/d, s/d ele, or a thief and you don’t jump in the center of these zergs. You’re hurting your team and missing out on a lot of bags and fun!

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

What is this?

sPvP forums are that way > https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp

I presume by your post you are knew to WvW. If you are getting killed running out of the same spawn into a zerg over and over you are doing it wrong. There are at least 3 exits to every spawn in WvW. If the zerg is camping outside one go to a different one.

If you are complaining because there are zergs in general then see my link to sPvP above.

There are plenty of things small groups can do. You should not try to kill a 30 man zerg you should move behind the lines taking supply camps, towers, etc… Generally if the enemy has a huge zerg then that means they aren’t defending stuff. I run with a group of 3-5 regularly and have a blast getting in small engagements and assassinating yaks or taking/defending supply. If I want to have big battles I join the zerg or defend a keep.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Avoiding encounters you can’t win — both knowing how to and knowing when to — is a significant PvP skill. If you do it right, you can get a handful of them to peel off, and then you turn around and slaughter them. Or you can distract the whole zerg from whatever its original objective was, which is a net win for your team.

Why do people form large groups?
Because sometimes you need a big group to take an objective, especially one that’s well-fortified, quickly.
Because pitched battles between large armies can be fun in their own right.
What do you expect, exactly? A 5-on-5 battle for control of Stonemist?

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com