WvW is being destroyed.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: CharlieBear.2741

CharlieBear.2741

Let me start this off by saying i am not playing on a “stacked” server, I am playing on the server ranked #8th in the silver league EU (Far Shiverpeaks), The guild i am in are a WvW focused guild and I have always been a WvW player. Since the beginning of the season my guild and I haven’t been able to play WvW because of ridiculous queue times. These achievements have caused WvW to become flooded with achievement hunters. These people have had a year to try WvW and now they suddenly want to do it because of some AP’s. The real WvW players can’t even play the game because they’re stuck in queues, I don’t care if you call me elitist but Anet you should be adding some sort of system so people who have been playing WvW can actually play it.

[TA] necro

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

I’m not happy about the wait time either…but there is a lot to do while waiting…like start knocking off the Blood and Madness content…

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

CharlieBear.2741

I’m not happy about the wait time either…but there is a lot to do while waiting…like start knocking off the Blood and Madness content…

I find PvE incredibly boring, hence how annoyed i am that i only like WvW and i can’t even play it.

[TA] necro

(edited by CharlieBear.2741)

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

We are now at a new low now with these monster queues just to get the the autoattack lag fest.

trying to push pve, and/or transform wvw into a battleground is either an amazing lack of insight, or a desperate attempt to get an “esport” going. its obviously not gonna happen in spvp.

If you want to make an esport, make new instanced battlegrounds for real world toons, and keep it out of wvw.

people would loved instanced pvp for their real toons, vs the who cares mode of spvp zzzzzz

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

SFR server is getting down in rating because guilds cant enter on BL’s and those who can just farming achievements.

sorry for my poor english

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Only solution, bigger servers. I for one am not to sad about being in the lower tiers and almost no que’s.

And no they are not destroying it for me…

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Few weeks and things will normalize again. Stop complaining. Take a small break this week.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

To the OP, this has little to do with PvE’rs and more to do with WvWvW being more meaningful, which is what everyone wanted/wants.

And I waited 2 hours to get into wvwvw on Friday and 1 hour yesterday. Had a great time in wvwvw once I got in. Some awesome battles. Edit: And I’m on arguably the #1 server.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyranka.5178

Tyranka.5178

Would you rather be outnumbered on every map?

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

CharlieBear.2741

If that means i can actually play and be with my guild then yes.

[TA] necro

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

With UW playing Silver with almost no coverage on map, yes we luckily still have 1 or 2 guilds trying to build things but even so last night we were for the most part outmanned all over, que times were pretty normal (no ques mostly, surprise surprise) but the skill lag was just unplayable.. I was roaming across UW BL as well as EB and soling trash guards on supply camps was meeting me 15second skill lags while FSP or FR were playing SM wars or stomping one of our few red towers… and cant recall how many chests I lost out on when bosses or supervisors Righteous Indigantion failed to drop after the timer until the lag had passed and ding no chest but mob dead.
Anyhow like MiLkZz says time to take a break if its not enjoyable and my small guild is doing that. We were happy to still support UW WvW and keep fighting following all the drama and xfers but this shoddy game performance has killed the immersion for us so were gunna finish up the Halloween metas and head back to another MMO for our fun fix.

Good luck to all those still trying their best for UW, much respect and to everyone else in Silver League.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Unfortunately being outmanned on maps makes no difference when it comes to the games performance.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

People wanted “better rewards and achievements in WvW”, and were incomprehensibly stupid in not realizing what such boons to loot/achievements would do to their ability to play.

You reap what you sow. Deal with it.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

CharlieBear.2741

People wanted “better rewards and achievements in WvW”, and were incomprehensibly stupid in not realizing what such boons to loot/achievements would do to their ability to play.

I don’t remember ever asking for better rewards and achievements in WvW.

[TA] necro

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: mako.2431

mako.2431

Do you people listen to yourselves? Basically you are saying it is our fault we cannot play because we wanted WvW to be better than it was. Talk about incomprehensibly stupid….

And for the record I wanted what WvW is to be improved, not add PvE crap to it.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

It would take you maybe a few page flips through this forum to find a number of threads about rewards. Its been a topic in this forum for ages. Welcome to being in a community, where not voicing your opinion will hurt you because it skews perception.

Do you people listen to yourselves? Basically you are saying it is our fault we cannot play because we wanted WvW to be better than it was. Talk about incomprehensibly stupid….

I listen to myself just fine, I have to deal with these queues too. I just knew months in advance what people were asking for was a stupid idea. Too many people wanted to be “rewarded” for WvWing, and now when they get rewarded, they complain that other people, who also like to be rewarded, started playing.

Its not hard to realize what will happen when rewards are added to a thing.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Don’t worry. WvW is unplayable with the skill lag currently so you don’t miss much sitting in queue.

All is vain.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

To the OP, this has little to do with PvE’rs and more to do with WvWvW being more meaningful, which is what everyone wanted/wants.

And I waited 2 hours to get into wvwvw on Friday and 1 hour yesterday. Had a great time in wvwvw once I got in. Some awesome battles. Edit: And I’m on arguably the #1 server.

No wvw is not “more meaningful” lol.

Moooar warm bodies autoattacking, while farming achievements is not good game play.

This is on top of the failed concept of trying to make rvr/wvw about becoming a wow battleground. Might as well make multiple instances of it and have it last 30 minutes.

Instead of making it about pve or a battgleground, try making maps bigger, show player names and make it about small to medium tactical world fights vs other players you develop rivalries with.

The content is the people, not achievements or flipping empty keeps at 3am. until devs start to understand that, its jsut gonna get worse.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Nappy.4735

Nappy.4735

I feel it is significantly more meaningful. I’ve always been a wvw player, but now with improved rank rewards and objective (achievement) rewards, I don’t feel like I have to pve as much for my wvw gear. This was one of our biggest complaints, it was rightfully addressed, and now we kitten?

Still, I’m not a fan of the ruins or the skill lag, but the influx of people to wvw is a good thing for the longevity of the game format. I think the dev team did a good job with this one.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Buy a 3DS and start playing Pokemon X/Y.

Average completion time is around 35 hours so that’s around 5 full weeks (1 hour per day , 7 days per week) of your queue time well spent

I eat breakfast for dinner.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

Most of us play wvw because the pve in this game is terrible horse kitten.

Wrekks/Wrekts

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: IKaikiasI.1932

IKaikiasI.1932

Riverside:
8 am!!! and first queue. Just ridiculous.
I hope it will be better when weekend is over. Otherwise I don’t see a chance to be able to play wvw again :/

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

More meaningful as in capping ruins?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Monsteratic.5487

Monsteratic.5487

I feel it is significantly more meaningful. I’ve always been a wvw player, but now with improved rank rewards and objective (achievement) rewards, I don’t feel like I have to pve as much for my wvw gear. This was one of our biggest complaints, it was rightfully addressed, and now we kitten?

Still, I’m not a fan of the ruins or the skill lag, but the influx of people to wvw is a good thing for the longevity of the game format. I think the dev team did a good job with this one.

really? I don’t think we asked for a jumping puzzle or any other pve mechanic.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

You are assuming the influx of people are their for WvW.

Facts
Achievements have been in WvW since launch.
WvW has been in the game since launch.
All these new players have had a year to try WvW.

Anet introduced easy achievements and all of a sudden there is a mass influx of people.

Are they there because they like WvW or because they want the achievements?

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

I’m disappointed a bit, been in SoR since it was a tier 6 server. Play wvw every night I am on. Yet chances are I will have a hard time getting my achievements done. Super long ques(because que isn’t actually a que), game crippling lag (bad for necro), and no priority system for wvw players vs achievement chasers (hours logged in wvw or something).

yes I wanted things in wvw to be more meaningful like everyone else but the infrastructure to implement it was not there yet. I know it sounds elitist to say some should take priority over others to get into wvw yet at the same time I wonder where all these people are when I’m on a BL map with the out manned buff trying my hardest to capture stuff(yeah even tier 1 servers run outmanned sometimes).

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

I think one of the problems we have with WvW is that there are not many regular players compared to PvE, so ANet does not give WvW high priority. I would guess there are more people you have never seen before standing around Lion’s Arch on any given day than in one of the WvW maps. (Definitely more commanders in Lion’s Arch than WvW.) I hope increasing the number of players will help WvW get more attention from ANet.

For the Toast!

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: bmabrey.7859

bmabrey.7859

I started on SoR when the game launched, never transferred anywhere. I should get in before server hoppers.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

the bandwagon guilds are to blame for this, not your loyal pvers. I’m having a hard time feeling bad for people who rush to win at anyone’s expense.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: browolf.3825

browolf.3825

in retrospect they should have sorted out wvw overflow maps before wvw achievements/league.

Piken Square forever

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Tinoosh.5386

Tinoosh.5386

I am one of the WvW players who did not really see the need of the Season Achievement thing in the first place. If I was crazy about achievement points, I would be in PvE, completing things there as well as farming points and gold during the events, such as the current Halloween event. I just think that the achievements in WvW should be a tad harder to obtain, without the time limit in completing them, or else we will have an overflow of achievement point- farmers to take place in WvW for fast points.

We also have the Daily and Monthly that we are able to complete in WvW, which might give us some achievement points. I can agree that it is still a bit short, but why make things so incredibly overwhelmed to the point where everybody is going bananas just to get the points so that players who like WvW can not even enter?

An other question regarding these achievement points: What on earth does the Jumping Puzzle achievement on each border have to do with WvW? The jumping puzzles have been separated due to the reason of people taking place in the borders just to “jump” them, and now it is back to the point where you have to queue because of people who are in these jumping puzzles again? These Jumping Puzzle achievement shouldn’t be a part of WvW since the Jumping Puzzles themselves aren’t.

(edited by Tinoosh.5386)

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Even before the changes to world vs world there were tons of people lurking around in Lions Arch which made me wonder why our server struggled for numbers in WvW. Yes the numbers increased over the last two weeks as a free transfer had been introduced to ros, plus some guilds came back. I am glad numbers for WvW picked as ros can now compete in the bronze league. We have queues now although the waiting time is a lot less than high or very high pop servers (maybe 20-30min).
I have experienced the same on other online games; having to wait various lengths of time to play on my favorite servers; little can be done if a game is popular.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

More meaningful as in capping ruins?

Dunno about your server, but my server is fighting for the top spot. No mindless following a pin, unless your pin doesn’t know what the heck he or she is doing. I could see it last night, a pin dropped for a “regular” leader and EB changed quickly. Where we attacked, how we attacked even though we were getting double teamed at times… HUGE difference. We even managed to take the Castle. Second try. Amazing fun.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

It would take you maybe a few page flips through this forum to find a number of threads about rewards. Its been a topic in this forum for ages. Welcome to being in a community, where not voicing your opinion will hurt you because it skews perception.

I listen to myself just fine, I have to deal with these queues too. I just knew months in advance what people were asking for was a stupid idea. Too many people wanted to be “rewarded” for WvWing, and now when they get rewarded, they complain that other people, who also like to be rewarded, started playing.

I’m pretty sure the idea was to maybe half or quarter the existing WvW achievements, not make new ones that are easily doable within a week… really there needs to be a balance between completely unattainable and so easy that it attracts all of the gold diggers from every corner of Orr.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Vash.9183

Vash.9183

It won’t be like this constantly. This is the first couple days of a huge update that has been talked about for weeks. While you may be annoyed at achievement seekers, the achievements do add more to WvW for people who only do WvW. There is currently a hype among all players of GW2 towards WvW and, like all other hypes, it will die down.

It really should not be surprising how clustered the first few days of a large update is.

So, I would like to call the name of this thread an over-statement.

Cór
Mithril Footman
Ultimate Dominator

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

We are now at a new low now with these monster queues just to get the the autoattack lag fest.

trying to push pve, and/or transform wvw into a battleground is either an amazing lack of insight, or a desperate attempt to get an “esport” going. its obviously not gonna happen in spvp.

If you want to make an esport, make new instanced battlegrounds for real world toons, and keep it out of wvw.

people would loved instanced pvp for their real toons, vs the who cares mode of spvp zzzzzz

The lag isn’t there 24/7.

Seriously people, quit QQing all the time about everything.

The lag blows, I know it does, but it isn’t present at all times. The queues blow, but unless you are t1, you can get in. Maybe not on the map you want, right away, but there is a map available.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

anything that bring players to WvW is good enough to me, the more the merrier….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Suggestion for sesson two:

Make some sort of pve season(dungeon,world boss´s)start at same time as WvW season.

Need to beat all dungeon+with hard achievements inside them this would make all PvErs busy and happy and not join WvW at the start of the season

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

o wow here is a suggestion…stop making suggestions….people complained that wvw had the same matches over and over..they fix that and people complain result in lopsided matches…people complain about the wvw achievments…they fix that and people are now complaining about ques

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah . stop. complaining. it’s weekend. chill out. come weekdays things will cool down and queue will be reduced.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

it is also week 1… this was all expected.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I wouldn’t worry too much about not being able to get it. All you’re missing out on is blobs that are another degree stupider than they were before, frequent disconnects, skill lag, skill lock, and general lack of fun. Hopefully it improves some during the week days, but for people that want to play on the weekend, this should be an embarrassment. They’ve had 14 months now to fix these issues, yet the only solutions seem to be new ways to compound existing problems?

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

NargofWoV.4267

Yea, but to be fair, the lag is the same for each side. Realm blobs are the same for every realm to contend with and when you’re facing a blob, you have to respond in kind, leading to more blobbage, which is what you get when you have long que times.

Our Realm Commanders demanded folks stop complaining about the lag, we all know it, all deal with it the same, stop complaining, it won’t change it.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Actually, what most W3’ers wanted was decent loot drops that were on par with PvE…or at least close to it. That’s it. We didn’t want tons of gold, we didn’t want precursors to fall from the sky, and we certainly didn’t want any achievements creeping into W3. That’s about the last thing any dedicated W3 player wanted.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Greek.4396

Greek.4396

Actually, what most W3’ers wanted was decent loot drops that were on par with PvE…or at least close to it. That’s it. We didn’t want tons of gold, we didn’t want precursors to fall from the sky, and we certainly didn’t want any achievements creeping into W3. That’s about the last thing any dedicated W3 player wanted.

Agreed, if its either with balancing or with wvw loot I dont know why things have to get over complicated to the point where it does more bad then good. The ques/lag is killllliiingggg meeeeeeeeee! I’m just a cute little Asura make it stop T_T

Server – Blackgate | Rev Main
Main Guild – oPP/RIOT/yumy(Booty Bakery)
IGN- Greek Kenpachi | Champion Ritualist

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Suggestion for sesson two:

Make some sort of pve season(dungeon,world boss´s)start at same time as WvW season.

Need to beat all dungeon+with hard achievements inside them this would make all PvErs busy and happy and not join WvW at the start of the season

if you did that, a lot of your wvw coverage will be gone too. A lot of people who participate in WvW also participate in PvE.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

heres the problem with all these threads,

you guys want WvW to fail.

The truth is the more people who get involved with and who enjoy WvW, the better it really will get, the better it will be supported.

you guys are just mad because you had your own little corner and no one cared, so you had it to yourself, now, its being improved, and has become more rewarding so others are getting involved.

Why would Anet put time and effort into solving things like lag with many players and skill delay, if there is never a lot of people fighting? Why would they dedicate large amounts of resources to new maps, if they are doing it for a mode only 5% of the playerbase plays? Why would they continue if players who used to WvW 2 hours are slowly cutting their time to 10 minutes, and maybe an hour on weekends?

the truth is the more people who play and are interested in WvW, the better it will be, and the stronger future it has.

You guys want your apartment to be crappy and in a crime infested neighborhood so that no one comes there and rent is cheap, that type of thinking leads to you getting evicted when they close the building.

Instead of telling Anet to make WvW less appealing, tell them to make more maps, and new content. If anet sees that all servers generally can support more people, they are going to build in more new areas/expand etc. Try to think about more than just how long your queue was for the opening weekend of the biggest deal in Wvw since launch, and more about how to get even more players so that you will have a better game

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

heres the problem with all these threads,

you guys want WvW to fail.

The truth is the more people who get involved with and who enjoy WvW, the better it really will get, the better it will be supported.

you guys are just mad because you had your own little corner and no one cared, so you had it to yourself, now, its being improved, and has become more rewarding so others are getting involved.

Why would Anet put time and effort into solving things like lag with many players and skill delay, if there is never a lot of people fighting? Why would they dedicate large amounts of resources to new maps, if they are doing it for a mode only 5% of the playerbase plays? Why would they continue if players who used to WvW 2 hours are slowly cutting their time to 10 minutes, and maybe an hour on weekends?

the truth is the more people who play and are interested in WvW, the better it will be, and the stronger future it has.

You guys want your apartment to be crappy and in a crime infested neighborhood so that no one comes there and rent is cheap, that type of thinking leads to you getting evicted when they close the building.

Instead of telling Anet to make WvW less appealing, tell them to make more maps, and new content. If anet sees that all servers generally can support more people, they are going to build in more new areas/expand etc. Try to think about more than just how long your queue was for the opening weekend of the biggest deal in Wvw since launch, and more about how to get even more players so that you will have a better game

WvW has been in the game for a year.

Many s pve’r didn’t play it.

Anet added easy achievements.

Now there is a massive influx into WvW.

Obviously they are there for the achievements, not the WvW.

Logical….I know.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Just give it some time… soon it won’t be the flavor of the month event and you’ll start seeing some of the fair weather players moving on. If you really need your wvw fix, try for some off hours. I got on SoR BL with no queue at 6 am this morning, and we’re currently winning tier 1, so I can’t imagine a queue anywhere else.

WvW is being destroyed.

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

WvW is being destroyed because lots of people are playing WvW?

Sea of Sorrows