WvW is broken, we have bad guilds like ruin winning

in WvW

Posted by: Manshoon.3465

Manshoon.3465

As title says, every game ruin has been on, the guild has been dominated that bad it falls apart, yet now due to zerg mentality and using numbers instead of skill, they can win?

I really had high hopes for WvW on this game, but sadly its was not made for medium sized guilds who have stayed together through many games and dominated rubbish like ruin in every game to date.

fix it, or say goodbye to most of the noteworthy guilds.

in WvW

Posted by: DJPenguin.6945

DJPenguin.6945

should have used reddit as your example for a more lol-worthy post.

but yes, smaller elite guilds have no place in WvW when an opposing guild can field drones in 10x the amount.

in WvW

Posted by: Keltic.9526

Keltic.9526

How big is a medium sized guild that you guys are thinking about?

Just for an example of how you can make a difference, you can take supply camps, NPC camps, take out dolyaks, with 2-3 people. With some luck you can even take a tower down with 7-10. Sure you cant go and siege that keep or castle with less than 40, because you just shouldnt be able to. WvW would have none of its fun siege and assault gameplay if you could just take a keep down with you and a friend.

in WvW

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

Since when have Lentil Keep been a noteworthy guild?

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Spartian.3970

Spartian.3970

You can’t take a keep or castle with less than 40? I’ll have to let my guild know so we can stop taking them with small groups

Spartian | TRF – Meatshield| Trf-guild.com
Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: vae victus.7850

vae victus.7850

I run with a small guild of 5 players and we have plenty of success in WvW. One guild small or medium guild shouldn’t be able to easily seige the keeps and castle. WvW is about guilds uniting against other servers, if your on your own then check map chat to see who’s around. This also not the place to be calling out another guild over personal matters.

in WvW

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

My TA American overlords restrict me from trolling any of our competition, so in saying that…

Does winning the 1600 bracket really count as winning?

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

in WvW

Posted by: Spartian.3970

Spartian.3970

Who actually considers Zhentil Keep as competition?

Spartian | TRF – Meatshield| Trf-guild.com
Titan Alliance

in WvW

Posted by: Rodarin.6058

Rodarin.6058

LOL at the posts, every server is different, as are the populations. Stormwind Isle got it in their heads they were actually a good server until they faced a server that actually fielded people in WvW. Now they get rolled and schooled 24/7. I should know I am on the server and have been there since day one, and have watched the gameplay get worse and worse. Some due to transfers to be sure. Some due to people not learning how the maps, scoring, strategies et el work in there because they never faced any opposition.

Sure taking a keep with a small group is easy if youre only facing 4 or 6 defenders with no communication or common sense. Put 3 defenders there with brains and the ability to aim siege and you couldnt take a keep with 50.

As it is the PvP in this game is severely lacking. Siege weaponry is too brittle and too easily destroyed by players. It isnt mobile so once you build it it is stuck there. It also does too much damage in some cases and not enough in others. The whole balance is out of whack. No way a trebuchet should be destroyed in 5 or 6 seconds by a zerg of players. If they have to cost more and or cost more supplies then OK, but they should require some sort of anti siege weapon or a very long time to kill with player attacks. Same goes for any siege, they should all have their anti siege counter part. Not just a mass of people running up and smashing it to bits.

As for bad guilds, theyre going to be everywhere its the price you pay for an open system. But theyre probably not as bad as free for allers or world explorers who dont do anything PvP related when theyre in there.

There are also a lot of things small groups can do. Kill dolyaks and guards, even take supply depots if they like, but it is better (other than score) to let the depot stay and just kill the supply caravans. You can win over NPC alliances with small groups too. In 80% of the times I have seen a zerg in WvW, and thats probably a couple hundred hours or more now, theyre in the wrong place. So yeah zergs and big guilds that are clueless hurt you, but only on that particular map, if you can escape go to another one and try to get points there. If that doesnt work then you’ll have to wait it out like the rest of us.

in WvW

Posted by: Houdii.2563

Houdii.2563

TIL: dominating kills = afking pvp battlegrounds, botting and naked kill trading.

Hai shoon miss you xoxo

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Stormwind Isle

Wrong game brah.

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Click.5123

Click.5123

Ruin is full of bad players. I’ve killed so many of them, but their zerg insta-rezes their downed players.

WvW is pointless when the side with the larger zerg and the server with more people online late night, wins.