WvW is more fun as end-game than PvE

WvW is more fun as end-game than PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Now now, I know there has been lot of QQ about rank requirements and casual WvW players getting less pips. But I think you’re forgetting the most important thing here; it’s not about the skins, rather games are ment to have fun in, unless you’re some kind of chinese goldseller.

PvE is not challenging at all outside raid content, which makes it very monotonous. As soon as you get into WvW and are not panicking everytime you see enemy, you will start improving and realising the hidden mechanics behind gamemode that are not apparent for majority of new WvW players. When you start “feeling relevant” rather than just part of the zerg, you will start having fun inside WvW.

There are plenty of builds and help offered for new WvW players to start feeling relevant. All you need to do is grab the chance and take it. For example most popular WvW build spreadsheet currently is www.tinyurl.com/ezbuilds which is definitely worth checking out.

But main thing you need to do is: Just have fun. For example Guardian is much more than staff 11111, there are plenty of ways to kill enemy and survive, all you need to do is go through the skills and traits (like in PvE) and learn to use them correctly. Sure you will die sometimes testing things out, but its better to learn it now than in 3 months after dying billion times without realising what you are doing wrong. Often watching other players play the same class and then trying to figure out how they did it, is a good way to learn lot of tricks.

Now the gamemode isnt very fun unless you do it with friends, joining server teamspeak/discord is a nice way to start getting better and having fun. Of course there are commanders that are very uptight and make you feel bad about game mode, some are even too good for you too keep up with, but answer is simple: Dont follow those commanders, join another map, channel and start having fun.

Also there are lot of things that commanders don’t explain to new players because it is so obvious. Things like not knowing what skills does, wasting all dodges before fight to catch up, having wrong gamesettings and learning which red circles on the ground actually hurt are all things that are very obvious to oldschool world vs world players so they can’t understand why people die instantly. I remember when I started the game mode, it took me several months to get even basic things right. Ask around, people will help you, the community is surprisingly nice even if they badmouth some classes and signetusers.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout