WvW is on fire

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

No, not really.

The veteran players and the WvWers are burn. But this kind of players is the minority, sadly.

The minority of WvWers, a minority of a minority thinks that Anet is destroying WvW.

Lets checks the clasic ones:

WvW costs money, the upgrades of the tower and… not today. The upgrades are free.

Builds and foods, that is for what we pay. That is the problem! WvW does not give you money!

2 coins of gold each day, and the WvW badgets… 30 of them -?28 silvers. Is it more profitable than PvP season, or fractals? No, but is a good way to earn money.

I am sorry guys, but the game mode, in my opinion, is now better than when i started it. The game mode, but no the meta game.

The real problem, for my, is the meta.

But it will change sometimes.

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

Yeah, there have been been some good changes, but you have to keep this in perspective.

It’s been 5 years. 5 years ago, Mitt Romney was running for president. A few QoL changes, no matter how nice, are not enough.

Yes, there’s a new map which I like (and others don’t). Yes, upgrades are in a better place and rewards are also in a much better place.

No, I don’t know what Anet wants WvW to be. They’re talking about being a unit in an RTS now but, seriously, what does that even mean? I don’t know what their stance is on proxy catas despite asking both here and on reddit. I don’t know if they have any intention of ever making significant WvW balance changes (I’m guessing no). I don’t know if they plan to improve on how new players learn to WvW, but going on how so much of their game design is obtuse, I doubt it—seriously, the wiki is a required tool for doing anything…especially when it comes to the Mystic Forge.

They demur when it comes to talking about the future, but they also largely refuse to talk about the present. It’s gotten so bad that even the people complaining can’t agree on if something is a feature or a bug. If, after 5 years, people complaining in your forums offer clearer definitions of your game than you do (because you offer none or ‘RTS unit’), you done goofed.

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

As a sole WvW player how am I supposed to get Legendary gear?! I hear it’s PvE only.

As for making gold, you can make more gold in a day in PvE than you can in a month in WvW!
Oh and yes they removed the cost of upgrades, but reduced gold from participation events by 50%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we actually started getting less gold due to this “feature”! And people cheered!

You think people would cheer if your government said they will abolish all taxes but reduce all wages by 50%?! Well that’s what some of the WvW community metaphorically did!

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Kilo.2539

Kilo.2539

Am I the only one that thinks the auto upgrades killed what little immersion WvW offered?

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Am I the only one that thinks the auto upgrades killed what little immersion WvW offered?

No, i agree. If this talk about an “RTS” element is true then we might see this return somewhat. I wouldn’t mind a system with more expansive ‘base building’.

Keeps have been kind of dull. Upgrade wall, Upgrade gate, put some mostly useless siege on the walls that get sniped by roamers anyway.

What WvW needs most is to just be rewarding to play. Sure it’s important that it is fun, but when people feel the need to PvE so they can afford to WvW, something is funky.
I cannot get runes or sigils, or significant amounts of ascended gear from WvW.

WvW should be able to award good rewards, gold, and items that are desireable even for PvE players. Some exclusivity would go a long way too. I want to see PvE players complain they have to WvW for something they really want, because that would mean there is actually something worth fighting for.

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

WvW was not designed as a lucrative way of making in-game currency, and items. It’s sole purpose is to give players the ability to have large-scale PvP with the ability to capture objectives like towers/keeps/camps/mercs, ect. To test one’s metal, be in solo/group or zerg warfare and being proud of your servers success at capturing map objectives and painting it your respective colors.

In terms of money/loot, I’m pretty sure there are reward tracks, bags of loot, money, and karma being made, karma that can be in turn, used to buy things like, “Lost Orrian Jewelry Boxes”, that can contain good materials, and depending on what reward track you’ve picked, you can take those tokens, buy rares/exotics at the dungeon NPC and salvage them for ectos/materials that you can then sell to make money.

You all would be bored to tears if you knew what we in, “PvE Land” as you put it, have to do for gold, try farming the same content over and over for 5+ hours each day for a week straight or longer to afford a set of ascended gear, try entering a raid with the mindset of, spamming #1 on your keyboard, as you do in WvW pummeling a keep lord to death.

And adding more, “Exclusivity” to WvW would only drive a larger wedge between the communities, and I would think ANet would rather want their games community together and not going for each others throats.

Good luck, have fun, red is dead.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

WvW was not designed as a lucrative way of making in-game currency, and items. It’s sole purpose is to give players the ability to have large-scale PvP with the ability to capture objectives like towers/keeps/camps/mercs, ect. To test one’s metal, be in solo/group or zerg warfare and being proud of your servers success at capturing map objectives and painting it your respective colors.

In terms of money/loot, I’m pretty sure there are reward tracks, bags of loot, money, and karma being made, karma that can be in turn, used to buy things like, “Lost Orrian Jewelry Boxes”, that can contain good materials, and depending on what reward track you’ve picked, you can take those tokens, buy rares/exotics at the dungeon NPC and salvage them for ectos/materials that you can then sell to make money.

You all would be bored to tears if you knew what we in, “PvE Land” as you put it, have to do for gold, try farming the same content over and over for 5+ hours each day for a week straight or longer to afford a set of ascended gear, try entering a raid with the mindset of, spamming #1 on your keyboard, as you do in WvW pummeling a keep lord to death.

And adding more, “Exclusivity” to WvW would only drive a larger wedge between the communities, and I would think ANet would rather want their games community together and not going for each others throats.

Good luck, have fun, red is dead.

It is made to give you loot that part of the reason you kill ppl and take objectives. Wvw even has its own in-game currency its just anet did not add in any thing good to buy with it. There lots of room to add in good items to buy with wvw currency and it could be added in with in days not months. There no reason this should be taking so long other then the fact that Anet is giving up on wvw as well as the devs.

Also if your bored to tears trying to do something then its bad game making it dose not matter if its pve rvr or spvp if you got to grind and its boring that not a price to pay that is realty bad game management.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

What if Legendary Armor in WvW was tied to the winning server(s) like you got components of it, for winning, and after a few wins, you get to make a piece or whatever, and with WvW currency you get ascended armor/weapon chests.

To me WvW is about the fights. (YES I get that I am from YB, NO I do not fornicate with siege… LOL…)

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

What I’m hearing is people who have played a lot of wvw are bored. People who haven’t burned themselves out still enjoy it.

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

What if Legendary Armor in WvW was tied to the winning server(s) like you got components of it, for winning, and after a few wins, you get to make a piece or whatever, and with WvW currency you get ascended armor/weapon chests.

To me WvW is about the fights. (YES I get that I am from YB, NO I do not fornicate with siege… LOL…)

Most of YB doesn’t. But like many other things, if a small vocal group of people says something loud enough and often enough, people start to assume it must be true.

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

People keep reminiscing about the good old days where there were so many people playing wvw and ramping up the server lag. That was near the game’s release. We are 5 years (5 years) down the line now and people say it’s dying? It is simply (5 years) the life-cycle of a game. To me the only kitten thing here is when you get a bad match-up and it’s (5 years) dead for a week. Oh well (5 years), it’ll change in a short while. :/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: masta.4509

masta.4509

im on mag, i play for fights and i think wvw is fine

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

im on mag, i play for fights and i think wvw is fine

Until your class is nerfed hard because it becomes too powerful in raids. That the problem atm on-top of rewards.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

WvW is on fire

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

separating wvw balance from pve would solve like 90% of the problems in wvw right now. The main issue is that combat isnt fun anymore because of all the overpowered BS that HoT brought in. And combat is the main draw in wvw. If the combat isn’t fun, why would anyone bother fighting over objectives?

Let things be as overpowered as they want in pve, balance doesnt matter at all there, but don’t let that lack of balance ruin wvw. Anet doesn’t seem to realize that players don’t have the same stats as raid bosses. so you can’t use the same pve balance for wvw players, because wvw players arent raid bosses! You’d think that would be a simple concept for them to understand.

Anet, just admit you were wrong already and that having the same balance for all 3 modes doesnt work. You tried this in GW1 before finally having to separate skills, failed there. You try the same thing again here, and wow, big freaking surprise, you fail here too. Just separate balance from the 3 modes already. You say you want things to be uniform for all modes not to confuse players, well you cant confuse people that dont exist because they arent playing anymore. You’re killing the game mode with your stupidity. PVE balance does not work for WvW! Players are NOT raid bosses! Players are NOT raid bosses! Freaking learn this already and separate the balance!