WvW is part of Guild Wars 2

in WvW

Posted by: cobbah.3102

cobbah.3102

Game discussion lets put it here and maybe we just may get a response on the subject of WvW which is Guild Wars 2 also, as Developers give us no answers and the WvW forums ,all we want is information and responses to our queries regarding this part of the game that a lot of people play ,please ANET stop leaving us in the dark but then I expect this to be locked and blocked before we get answers , think of your customer base

Thank You in advance

in WvW

Posted by: lemora.1304

lemora.1304

This is just going to be moved to the WvW section and then ignored just like the game mode has been for the last 4+ years.

Lv 80 Guardian , Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer and Mesmer
[GoF] of Blackgate

in WvW

cobbah.3102

I know that but then it will show what ANET really thinks of its customers when it shunts topics it does not want to deal with

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

This is just going to be moved to the WvW section and then ignored just like the game mode has been for the last 4+ years.

At least the forum mods kind of respond to post on these forms that are not about armor clipping.

But yes wvw is one of the 3 pillars of gw2 and to have it so neglected as it is with out any real info is borderline suicide for the game of gw2.

I must say talk about the ls seems and skins all though they are pve parts of the game yet they are able to stay in the guild wars 2 discussion and every thing else is kicked to the “hidden forms” is very disrespectful.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

(edited by Jski.6180)

in WvW

Posted by: vier.1327

vier.1327

What else the WvWers wants?

Since Hot:
-Reward Tracks
-More Badges of honor → More Gold.
-Autoloot (in Pve too)
-The vendor of Hot recipes and runes.
-Polls (maybe they were not perfect, but the team asked the players)
-Changed the Desert Bordeland to make it easier to travel.
-2 golds with WvW Daillies.
-Free Upgrades (I miss them too, but ends with the players waste money.
-The Linking system (Not the best solutiton but saved some servers, and destroy others)
-Skrims (the nigthcapping issuies, and we need the rewards that will come soon)

As one of them, i only want the change of the Meta, skill balance and that stuffs.

But that is part of the balance team, not WvW team… if there is one.

We should think in all they have been giving us this last year.

Mejor músico de Bahia de Baruch.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

When GW2 launched, I assume Anet wanted the game to be standing on three foundations: PvE, PvP and WvW.
Over time, it was clear that each “pillar” the game was resting on would not be the same size and of the same importance. WvW these days is not carrying the game forward. It is not in the state of attracting new players or holding veteran players. I think it is fair to ask whether WvW will still be considered a foundation of GW2, when Anet is delivering the expansion pack 2 (in perhaps half a year or early 2018?).

What WvW is missing is a fundamental concept with the new expansion, because what once was its concept – server identity and server pride – is gone. The concept of nameless megaservers and game mechanic band-aids (I consider most of the things vier.1327 has listed as those) has failed.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

Just accept its over.
They don’t have the staff or the drive to change it.
Pve, specifically raids are the main focus the most recent example;
Ghost thief out of control in wvw, anet response is everything is fine.
Ghost thief solos a raid boss. Anet response, well this is not acceptable nerf it.
Wvw is the red headed step child.
Make peace with it until an actual realm vs realm game comes out.
Also let’s see how long ot takes for this topic to be moved.

in WvW

Jski.6180

When GW2 launched, I assume Anet wanted the game to be standing on three foundations: PvE, PvP and WvW.
Over time, it was clear that each “pillar” the game was resting on would not be the same size and of the same importance. WvW these days is not carrying the game forward. It is not in the state of attracting new players or holding veteran players. I think it is fair to ask whether WvW will still be considered a foundation of GW2, when Anet is delivering the expansion pack 2 (in perhaps half a year or early 2018?).

What WvW is missing is a fundamental concept with the new expansion, because what once was its concept – server identity and server pride – is gone. The concept of nameless megaservers and game mechanic band-aids (I consider most of the things vier.1327 has listed as those) has failed.

Out side of open world pve what carry the game any more? Raids don’t because its a small population yet it gets a lot throw on it. Spvp has fallen a great deal. Dungeons are becoming pointless. No ideal how fractals are going. Wvw has fallen because of the lack of add ons (i guess you could say the same for the other)but there still a dedicated pop there fighting most nights and reset night still a very active time for it. What dose it take a Q a map (i not sure if they ever gave out hard number) but maps still Q and on more then one world so there are numbers on some level still playing wvw.

As for what wvw want i think is some acknowledgment that they are working on something and a real eta other then with in this year. No devs post on the wvw forms (though very few devs post here).

in WvW

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I think that the real problem here is that the devs don’t understand WvW players. They thought they did, and when they tried to give them what they believed they wanted, it went sour very quickly.

This is akin to petting a cat, and getting your hand burned. It’s painful, and more than a little confusing. It makes you reluctant to try it again, because you’re not sure just how it went so oddly wrong, so you don’t know how to avoid it happening again.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

What else the WvWers wants?

Balanced and fun gameplay. Unfortunately the profession team as no interest in fixing problem systems/design.

Doesn’t matter what they do if the act of PvP’ing itself isn’t fun. Even the ESL players were only hanging around to get paid. Many publicly announced that they actively disliked combat in the game since HoT due to the elite specs breaking the PvP environment/balance/“fun-factor.”

Most of the issues would solve themselves if people still wanted to play to fight. What’s left of WvW is mostly PvE players and ktrainers who couldn’t care less.

in WvW

Jski.6180

And its been moved.

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

WvW Forum is now offically the Archive.

in WvW

Posted by: MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

MuscleBobBuffPants.1406

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVx1KU-sh0U>

Interesting video about the summation of the current WvW status. He does raise an interesting point, is WvW not worth enough money to invest time and resources into it? Maybe they could input more gem content to raise funds for it? I am not sure. I think the next expansion will be the 100% tell-tale sign, if it doesn’t come with any significant WvW content.

in WvW

cobbah.3102

Ok so now we know where we stand in the game of GW2 ,WvW is not a part of the game and ANET have no interest in WvWers at all, all I can say is nothing like being disrespected by a company that takes your money and will not even acknowledge your existence well done ANET are you a subsidiary of the airlines .

in WvW

cobbah.3102

And its been moved.

Didnt take long as expected

in WvW

Jski.6180

And its been moved.

Didnt take long as expected

Took longer then i though but now the views and over all Discussion is going to drop to stop. Shame that forums are being used as means of aggressively ending discussion.

in WvW

Posted by: lemora.1304

lemora.1304

lol, the forums are more entertaining than the game these days. I’d love to come back but there’s nothing to come back to…

Lv 80 Guardian , Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer and Mesmer
[GoF] of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVx1KU-sh0U>;

Interesting video about the summation of the current WvW status. He does raise an interesting point, is WvW not worth enough money to invest time and resources into it? Maybe they could input more gem content to raise funds for it? I am not sure. I think the next expansion will be the 100% tell-tale sign, if it doesn’t come with any significant WvW content.

Good video and whoever did the reddit post was spot on. They’ve been stringing along players way too long and this is just another attempt to dangle a carrot that will never drop to players.

They just can’t be trusted.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Honestly I don’t know what you guys expect at this point. Everything they do players think it’s all wrong, nothing they do is right. People in here in a lot of cases don’t really know what they even really want. Some people in here have their own agendas apart from the general wvw population, and will continue to narrowly push that.

In some cases there’s no compromises, desert borderland? delete it, eotm? delete it. People present ideas for current stuff or future development, and it gets squashed by the players themselves, so why would the Wvw team even listen?

People keep asking them for fixes in areas they are not in charge of, like balance classes and their specs and roles, the wvw team doesn’t develop classes, they don’t develop the elite specs, they don’t define roles. The only thing they can do is try to get skills changed to be more wvw appropriate, and they have to go through the pve balance team for that which probably only comes together once every three months.

Barely anyone wants to have a real serious discussion about changes or future developments. People have their opinions set in stone on certain issues and unwilling to change, that’s why battle groups was dismissed in the first place before it even got to us, because they thought players won’t like change. Players are hung up over their own vision of what is the right image of wvw, they are unwilling to accept change, we’ve seen a lot of examples of that.

Some people hate links and want more hard solutions, which won’t even matter because things will just end up right back as it is now, because the players are a big problem too, but they constantly want anet to do things to police player’s stupidity. That’s not to say anet hasn’t screwed up, because they have many times like the players.

So honestly, why would the Wvw team bother listening to wvw players? why should they bother trying to develop anything else that will just be rejected anyways. Enjoy the skirmish rewards and ascended vendors in the future, to no surprise there are people who are against those too. Wvw isn’t allowed to have nice things, we need to continue being the ghetto part of gw2, thug life yo.

They most likely won’t be shutting down wvw until gw2 is dead, why bother shut it down before that? They should probably just shut down this forums section though, because it’s no longer productive, hasn’t been in a while. Nothing they can do now to get players back without help from the other sections of the game, and that ain’t happening, and more game breaking elite specs are on the way.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: atticus.5284

atticus.5284

The players have jumped on Anet because they’ve given/done things that we haven’t asked for (or it’s their interpretation of what we want):

• Desert BL – all we wanted were more open maps to make the massive fights easier. We got the opposite.
  • EoTM – we never asked for it
  • Golem Week – never asked for it
  • Portable cannons – never asked for it
  • Scoring changes – asked for it but the idea was that Anet would continue to change/develop it into something that works better. Granted, this won’t really be fixed until server balance is fixed
  • Linking – we asked for server balance and got linking. We’ve given it a try and it just doesn’t work. No one’s fault but a revision needs to be forth coming (not a year and waiting)
  • The other “improvements” such as getting gold for daily is only in WvW because it’s in PvE. It never would be implemented only in WvW.

The poster about petting the cat hit it right – Anet rightfully is hesitant to change things given the community response. But the solution is simple – get the darn dev’s to actually play WvW for more than 1 hour a month and they can see what we’re talking about.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The players have jumped on Anet because they’ve given/done things that we haven’t asked for (or it’s their interpretation of what we want):

• Desert BL – all we wanted were more open maps to make the massive fights easier. We got the opposite.
  • Scoring changes – asked for it but the idea was that Anet would continue to change/develop it into something that works better. Granted, this won’t really be fixed until server balance is fixed
  • Linking – we asked for server balance and got linking. We’ve given it a try and it just doesn’t work. No one’s fault but a revision needs to be forth coming (not a year and waiting)
  • The other “improvements” such as getting gold for daily is only in WvW because it’s in PvE. It never would be implemented only in WvW.

The poster about petting the cat hit it right – Anet rightfully is hesitant to change things given the community response. But the solution is simple – get the darn dev’s to actually play WvW for more than 1 hour a month and they can see what we’re talking about.

DBL: Players didn’t want structure to structure siege. (Remember when you could hit bay from garri?) Players didn’t want it so easy to be able to run back from spawn and continue a fight in a keep. Players wanted towers to be more important.

EotM: Players didn’t want to sit in queue. (This was the time Anet could have said “you overstacked a server, you sit in a queue.”)

Scoring changes: Players wanted PPK. Players didn’t want blowout matches. Players didn’t want nightcapping to be rewarded.

Linking: Players complained about lack of players on their server up to and including T1.

Golem week and portable cannons: Players wanted special events in WvW.

Automatic structure updates: Players complained about the cost to upgrade and how they were losing gold playing WvW.

The real problem is that we don’t get a reason why a change is made so we are left to speculate and complain about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

I think that the real problem here is that the devs don’t understand WvW players. They thought they did, and when they tried to give them what they believed they wanted, it went sour very quickly.

This is akin to petting a cat, and getting your hand burned. It’s painful, and more than a little confusing. It makes you reluctant to try it again, because you’re not sure just how it went so oddly wrong, so you don’t know how to avoid it happening again.

I think this guy really gets it (a pve’r of all people lol).

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

I think this guy really gets it (a pve’r of all people lol).

But instead of reaching out to the players or figuring out why the cat burned your hand to begin with after attending the wound, ANet has instead just chosen the path of alienation.

Something along the lines of “If you don’t succeed, try; try again.”

We have made it very pronounced why their first attempt failed. The entire PvP landscape has made it very obvious why the formats are failing (99% from profession/elite spec design/implementation). Until the entire game and professions see dramatic changes when under the lens of general gameplay health, we’re looking at a no-win situation and PvE will only ever increasingly be a valid format.

I hope you like raids. Because that’s where the future of the game is going in its entirety.

As someone said, the forums are much more fun than the actual game, and pretty much have been since HoT. ANet blew it huge on the elite specs, gear changes, consumables, and so on. It felt more like a WoW expansion thinly veiled by just not increasing the level cap.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I have a bunch of posts and outside sources that seem to directly tie relate to the changes they were looking for when they made DBL. One of these days, I’ll get around to making a thread out of it.

Suffice to say that people complained about different things before. They were seemingly ignored and largely left the game. The folks who were still around wanted almost completely opposite things. By the time Anet implemented the changes the first group wanted, there were few people left to appreciate them. It’s not that they’re out touch completely—they’re just several years behind the trends.

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

It’s not that they’re out touch completely—they’re just several years behind the trends.

This has been the case on almost all of the WvW changes we’ve seen over the years ( I would say more like six to nine months behind than years tho) The turn around time at ANET is so slow for WvW development that by the time they get around to implementing things people can’t even remember when they were clamoring for those same types of changes.

EoTM came out well after queues were so bad that people were leaving the game instead of being incentivized to stop over stacking. About a year before HoT & the Desert Borderland threads about zerg busting map gimmicks and defensive PPT were all the rage on this forum but by the time it dropped we didn’t have any of the players left who wanted to play that way and HoT didn’t promise enough to lure nearly as many back as one may have hoped.

It would have been better if ANET picked the vision for WvW they wanted it be and not waver from it so their devs could road map its evolution well in advance. So what if that would mean they were a lot less responsive to player demands. What good it is getting what you want when it is well after it would have been relevant? It is still hard for me to think about all the wasted opportunities and potential GW2 WvW had without being sad. I doubt anyone else out there is going to try anything quite like it again.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in WvW

DeceiverX.8361

You must always expect slowness when looking at major software project development. As a software engineer, people massively overlook how difficult these systems are to develop. Now add in asset creation (art etc.) engine changes, changes to loot tables and animations for monsters, placement, testing, and so on.

The thing is, even prior to HoT, people wanted different maps, but very few people wanted PvE-centric events and overly-difficult-to-attack structures with limited map mobility in general. Nobody asked for a huge paywall on guild upgrades for WvW. Nobody asked for new stat options on gear – because we already had that through granular stat selection on an armor-by-armor basis. PvP should have reverted back to the gem system; there’d be no need to have done this. Nobody really wanted new overpowered runes or sigils or food items etc. It’s just bloat.

A lot of good has come in the WvW changes in respects to WvW-specific changes. The problem at its core is still profession design and balance keeping the game itself and the combat from being fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I expect a certain slowness, but I also expect a road map of sorts and a decent turnaround on the simple issues. The recent ghost thief debacle is a great example, though that’s more kitten ing to the balance team instead of the WvW team.

But recall that all siege health was doubled last August which resulted in it being much harder to destroy enemy siege with things that weren’t condis or critical hits. ACs became far less valuable as anti-siege tools and Ballistae fell even closer to uselessness. A simple fix would be buffing the anti-siege damage on skills that are meant to be anti-siege…but even that didn’t happen.

Oh, and let’s not forget the Heavy Supply Bags. They required them for guild halls but also removed them from the game. It’s an understandable oversight and they fixed it fairly quickly.

Thus, we know they can move fast on some simple things…but sometimes they do nothing and say nothing and so we’ve got nothing to go on.

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

The problem with having threads like these confined to the WvW forums is that the few people left reading and posting here either have tunnel-vision or selective memories. GW2 was always advertised and promoted as a PvE MMO first and foremost. Most of the PR push in the year leading up to the game revolved around the Dynamic Event system and the Personal Story and almost all the information released about classes, races etc used PvE examples to demonstrate.

sPvP was supposed to be ANet’s entry into eSports, something they tried to keep going for far longer than interest merited and have now, thankfully, abandoned. It was designed not to require PvE at all. WvW seemed to be mostly planned as something PvE players could dip into as part of the wider “always 80” end-game. I don’t think WvW’s place was ever defined as clearly as either PvE or sPvP – it certainly did not feature heavily in any of the official promotional releases either before or after launch.

When Mike O’Brien says that all WvW players are PvE players he’s just describing the game his company intended to make. In general, PvE players either never took to WvW in the first place or have long since ceased to read or post on this forum so statements like that sound “off” to the people who do (still) play WvW, especially those who mostly or only play the game mode. Even a quick glance at almost every developmental change to WvW over five years will, however, demonstrate that it is still seen by its developers as a PvPvE option suited for large-scale fights. It’s an extrapolation of the PvE Dynamic Events system with the players providing the AI, in effect.

In terms of numbers, even at its peak, WvW was relatively sparsely attended compared to PvE. Now the disparity is huge. While GW2 in general may have a declining population (due to its age and the current between-expansions lull) anyone who plays PvE as well as WvW can easily attest that PvE is busier by orders of magnitude.

None of which means WvW is dead, or that it can’t be altered or improved. Whether anyone in a position to do so is interested in spending the money to make WvW into something new seems unlikely. From the point of view of the developers I’m sure it’s seen as a backwater, an idea that never really worked as intended, and probably one best left to fade away, like so many other parts of the game have done over the last five years.

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

That’s not what “we” wanted, that’s what you wanted. There were plenty of people who wanted (or thought they wanted) what the DBL offers, that’s why Anet made it.

The playerbase is too selfish and/or too hung up on “server pride” to balance itself, so linking is the best Anet can do without forcibly moving people.

They really should merge the smaller servers and break the backs of the biggest ones, but the outrage would be immeasurable (especially from a certain server that’s stacked to the heavens, constantly whining for Anet to open them for transfers, and whose name starts with “b” and ends with “lackgate”).

in WvW

cobbah.3102

ANET are letting it die a slow death from condi ,hoping we get sick of metas and leave then they put more crap in trading post for the pvers

in WvW

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Anet doesn’t care about WvW. If they were excited about it, and looked forward to what is being done to improve it they would talk about it. I know they don’t like to talk about things in the works but they might want to hurry up and give some direction about where it is headed or not headed or they stand to lose a significant amount of players to other games. Myself, my wife, and my guild included. It’s some ugly kid they wish they never had and as far as I can tell they just wish it would go away. There has been a surge in these posts recently and I think they need to pay attention to that because people are posting these for a reason. We need something to hold onto that this game mode isn’t forgotten about. Lately it seems raids raids RAIDS are the hype of the future. They cannot let the rest of the game slowly die off.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

https://gamerant.com/for-honor-microtransaction-protest/

as a pvp/wvw player
we could do the same for gw2 wvw

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

DBL: Players didn’t want structure to structure siege. (Remember when you could hit bay from garri?) Players didn’t want it so easy to be able to run back from spawn and continue a fight in a keep. Players wanted towers to be more important.

EotM: Players didn’t want to sit in queue. (This was the time Anet could have said “you overstacked a server, you sit in a queue.”)

Scoring changes: Players wanted PPK. Players didn’t want blowout matches. Players didn’t want nightcapping to be rewarded.

Linking: Players complained about lack of players on their server up to and including T1.

Golem week and portable cannons: Players wanted special events in WvW.

Automatic structure updates: Players complained about the cost to upgrade and how they were losing gold playing WvW.

The real problem is that we don’t get a reason why a change is made so we are left to speculate and complain about it.

This is a very good example about how difficult it is to talk about “WvW” in general, because so many people have so many ideas on how WvW should be.

Swamurabi.7890 says something very important at the end:

Anet has not presented us guidelines or a vision on how WvW should be treated now and in the future. For other aspects of the game, e.g. Raids and sPvP, there are some guidelines and visions (IMO).

e.g.
Preferred group size:
>> Raid 10 people
>> PvP 5 people
>> WvW ?

Equipment:
>> Fractals required ascended (because of AR slots)
>> PvP everyone is the same with lvl 78 exotics
>> WvW ?

Coming back to what Swamurabi.7890 said: What is the vision in all those changes we have seen in terms of “added game mechanics” (e.g. golem week; portable canons)? Is linking really working to reduce the effect of night capping?

Is WvW a thing Anet intents to get out of its decline with Expack 2?
As we know nothing – and this threat got moved from the attention of the main forum – we are doomed to speculate and complain again.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in WvW

Jski.6180

@Gorani.7205:

Let me tell you.
Preferred group size: 1-30 Wvw can be played with any number of ppl once you get beyond 30 it tends to get a bit too hard to play well but still very playable. Wvw is the game type that you don’t need a set number to play its more free then most of the game type other then say open world pve something you seem to think is not a thing because you call pve raids yet they are very different game types.

Equipment: Exotic and up but you can get away with lower. Its not a must to be level 80 even and you can pull off up level effects with green gear to have that super high power or armor with the one combo sets.

There are very much things Anet can do and they have been pointed out here for an expiation. They could add a map even with out killing us like the first dbl (its much better now). What the problem is Anet dose not know how to K.I.S.S they are artiest not engineer.

Add in a gear cap i say exotic level so every thing you have on you is re balanced to exotic level when you go into wvw.

Add in a skill balancing split between pve and wvw. There are very diffrent goals for these game types and what works on a mob most of the time will not work on a human and many things you need to deal with a human are worthless on mobs (mobs realy do not block all that much nor do they need boon strips offten).

Add in a 3ed map type. It dose not need to be a complex map it could be a very wide open map so there would not be as much need to work on it as say dbl. Players want to fight other players objectives are just a pretext to this. There no need to have map wild events or super crazy set pieces. The more the map gets in the way the worst for pvp over all. Wvw and realty spvp are about the players not the environment.

in WvW

Posted by: MarkBecks.6453

MarkBecks.6453

Taking one of the most populated servers for WvW and then linking that against servers that are struggling shows me someone’s coding is wrong, or you seriously don’t know what’s going on in you’re own servers. The more I play, the less I care, the less I care, the more I look to other games. I’m a gamer, and will always find one to play, my days here are numbered.

in WvW

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

And its been moved.

It’s incredible how fast they move or delete things regarding WvW in the high traffic areas. Would be nice ot see the devs pay that kind of attention to the game mode itself.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

as a pvp/wvw player

Alot of us probably have already. I havent spent a dime on this game since HoT ruined wvw and refuse to ever give them any more money until they address the issues that are currently killing this mode, which we’ve all made them aware of and they have completely ignored. They can’t say they don’t know how to fix things here, we’ve already told them, they just don’t care and only want to focus on raids.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Its not a key pillar any more primarily due to anet actions and inaction.

I believe the initial design of the game had WvW as a key pillar. I think that changed when Colin Johanson was given overall control over the game around launch because he personally didn’t like WvW.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: AmphibianX.7042

AmphibianX.7042

one of these days websites like mos.millenium, gw2wvw, wvwintel, will start shutting down their wvw coverage just like ESL did with spvp.

I hope those sites get some financial compensation because I’ve seen gw2 ads on there lots of times.

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

as a pvp/wvw player

Alot of us probably have already. I haven’t spent a dime on this game since HoT ruined wvw and refuse to ever give them any more money until they address the issues that are currently killing this mode, which we’ve all made them aware of and they have completely ignored. They can’t say they don’t know how to fix things here, we’ve already told them, they just don’t care and only want to focus on raids.

Same here, just not worth it. WvWers are show me people. Improve the game mode and then we’ll throw $$$ your way, keep saying soon and the wallets stay closed. Simple as that.

Part of me believes they just are not cut out for competitive pvp modes and are not sure how to balance their classes to meet players expectations. Hence the e-sports failure and now the major focus on raids/pve with an unfinished HoT product a year after release. Be prepared for xpac HoT mess 2.0

My gut tells me a group of devs at gw2 launch had a wvw vision, but those guys/gals moved on from anet most likely. This is what we got now unfortunately.

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I have a bunch of posts and outside sources that seem to directly tie relate to the changes they were looking for when they made DBL. One of these days, I’ll get around to making a thread out of it.

Suffice to say that people complained about different things before. They were seemingly ignored and largely left the game. The folks who were still around wanted almost completely opposite things. By the time Anet implemented the changes the first group wanted, there were few people left to appreciate them. It’s not that they’re out touch completely—they’re just several years behind the trends.

That second paragraph there makes a lot of sense to me. I’ve seen that. Though it seems there is still a large percentage who wants one thing, and another camp who wants almost the opposite like the DBL poll results from a while back. A long while(can we vote again please?).

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The polls are generally bias. It has two bias. One is personal preferences bias, not really a accurate say of what you want and what you don’t want. The other bias is developer bias, the poll is made base on what the developer want or has and not really a attempt to gather feedbacks on what the players want.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

cobbah.3102

Ok all I would like for WvW at the moment with these meta builds is

You have perma Invisible chars ok for perma invisible the cost is lower health pool and less armour , make them use what skills they have ,I mean they dont need those if you cannot see them (insert moan here) , Also the locking of waypoints because someone runs past towers and keeps ,make it so that siege has to actually be built and hit the structure to warrant WP lock , also decrease to AOE back to what it used to be I mean you want to kill siege use siege to do it drop ac enough of this condi nonsense it is getting beyond the ridiculous , and if they want to blob so be it but they have to use siege to clear walls and we know why servers siege hump because they would rather not melt from blob condi the olny complainers about that are the blob servers themselves . or make a bigger condi cleanse for those of us that suck with our chars. but enough from me ,just blowing into the void because of ANETS lack of response to any suggestions.