WvW is ready for a tournament.

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

Yes I know what happens after the tournaments, it would essentially kill WvW but let it go out with a bang not with whatever the current situation is.

in WvW

Posted by: climonite.8537

climonite.8537

Are you serious ?

http://imgur.com/t5eOkZX

And this has been going on for weeks if not months..
I am on Gandara, during the day we can fight some servers we mu with but like Baruch Bay is not showing up during daytime and go mayhem during the night if you check out that site at times you see the k/d is really low on BB, JS and so on because they dont fight and just go extreme on ppt in the night.. Same goes for FSP where guilds from other servers move to so they can get easy kills because they have the numbers constantly.. Nah the game is not ready for a tourney it would be fun if we get one again but it needs a hell of a lot tweaking MU and WvW in general wise..

Check this out does this look fair ? http://imgur.com/URydngt riverside(2) is mu against drakkar(10) They dont stand a chance…

(edited by climonite.8537)

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

Na is ready for a tournament anyways .

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Na is ready for a tournament anyways .

No its not, its a long way from it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

yea, tournaments are the way to go to revive WvW. the reason they gave was absurd, IIRC they said they don’t want tourneys because they see a sharp decline of players after tourney ends.

i mean, issn’t that normal? a surge in players will result in a decline. nothing wrong with it. tourneys actually give a reason for interest of PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

yea, tournaments are the way to go to revive WvW. the reason they gave was absurd, IIRC they said they don’t want tourneys because they see a sharp decline of players after tourney ends.

i mean, issn’t that normal? a surge in players will result in a decline. nothing wrong with it. tourneys actually give a reason for interest of PPT

Tournaments gave a reason to bandwagon to select servers to guarantee a win.

If they just want to draw in pve players all they have to do is offer some unique items in wvw tracks (and prevent those tracks from working in EotM).

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

If they just want to draw in pve players all they have to do is offer some unique items in wvw tracks (and prevent those tracks from working in EotM).

Answer: Close server transfers before announcing WvW tourney. Open it back up once its over.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Answer: Close server transfers before announcing WvW tourney. Open it back up once its over.

How would that help when the servers aren’t currently competitive?

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You think all those people that left due to the condi meta/class imbalance and whatnot suddenly flocks back cause there’s a tournament where the winners are decided before it even starts? Nice way to delude yourself, but not going to happen.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Are you serious ?

http://imgur.com/t5eOkZX

And this has been going on for weeks if not months..
I am on Gandara, during the day we can fight some servers we mu with but like Baruch Bay is not showing up during daytime and go mayhem during the night if you check out that site at times you see the k/d is really low on BB, JS and so on because they dont fight and just go extreme on ppt in the night.. Same goes for FSP where guilds from other servers move to so they can get easy kills because they have the numbers constantly.. Nah the game is not ready for a tourney it would be fun if we get one again but it needs a hell of a lot tweaking MU and WvW in general wise..

Check this out does this look fair ? http://imgur.com/URydngt riverside(2) is mu against drakkar(10) They dont stand a chance…

This is obvi propaganda… EU is perfect and NA is baddie any REAL EU player will tell you that hehe

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Two questions for OP, what server are you on and why do you think that WvW is ready for a tournament?

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

Two questions for OP, what server are you on and why do you think that WvW is ready for a tournament?

Doesn’t matter. We’re already lost at sea with a clueless captain.

Most vocal passenger on the ship that’s currently awake gets to decide where to navigate.

However…in my vision…I’d highly advise against hosting tournaments until WvW can have Healthy Competitive game play with stable Long Term Communities in place.

Yes it does matter. I’d like the reason WHY someone wants a tournament, especially after the first three permanently lowered WvW populations.

I suspect that the tournament proponents are all on a particular top tier server which will remain closed and unnamed so as not to turn this into a matchup thread and incur the wrath of the overworked monitor.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Tournament to see who has the best coverage.. yay.

24 hour tournament once per week starting on reset, run it over multiple weeks to create a season.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

displayname.8315

Its not the tournaments as much as the way they were setup… imo.

How long did the final one run like 3 months straight? And the round robins.. swiss rules or whatever. Not so great.

Keep it simple stupid. Something, anything to foster a little competition and bring the gw2 players in for a little WvW vacation.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

I wouldn’t come back for a tournament. All the reasons I left still exist and they’d only be more frustrating if I was losing a tourny because of them.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

A tournament at the moment would kill what’s left of WvW. Competitive match ups (that are actually competitive, not “equalish numbers without regard to timezone distribution, etc”) need to happen first.

in WvW

displayname.8315

Are we sure the “competition” in the past wasn’t guilds/commanders covering timezones and off hours thus giving players a reason to play?
Seems like it was in my recollection.

The Fear Of Missing Out is a problem though for “losing” server. They defiantly would need to do a better trophy system. Like each week you earn tickets or prizes.. so people don’t go all out for some winner take all final score.

This game always seems to suffer from poor design.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Tournaments were the most stupid thing in wvw. Maybe as stupid as shield generators, tactivators and desert bl.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Swamurabi.7890

Tournaments were the most stupid thing in wvw. Maybe as stupid as shield generators, tactivators and desert bl.

Golem week, 300g for a single commander tag color, bloodlust.

in WvW

Posted by: Red Owl.5649

Red Owl.5649

The only thing tournaments are good for is to kill servers and burnout regular (non-casual-here-for-the-tickets) WvW players.

Bad Idea.

Mods, stop deleting my posts.
Sorry(not really) for my bad English.

in WvW

displayname.8315

The only thing tournaments are good for is to kill servers and burnout regular (non-casual-here-for-the-tickets) WvW players.

Bad Idea.

Yep the design and length of the tournaments weren’t great. Not so sure the attention WvW used to get is what “killed” the mode tho. More it was taking all the devs off of it and focusing on Esports PvP. And of course keeping the PvE farmers happy.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I thought the tournaments were a great idea on paper but us vets saw what it did to the commanders and game mode back then.

Just not a good idea with the present state of the game.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Season 2 GOLD League in the EU was alright, it just went on for too long. The Silver League was a joke, because servers who didn’t belong there just, fell into that Tier and facerolled the Competiton and people just bandwagoned there.

The way they dealt with transfers, the majority of players, who wanted to win, just transferred in mass to stack on a ‘winning’ serve. Links are the same concept, to try to ‘balance’ out the population, but not every server has a link, it’s not competitively balanced, Anet still can’t balance out populations properly, especially in the EU.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

displayname.8315

I thought the tournaments were a great idea on paper but us vets saw what it did to the commanders and game mode back then.

Just not a good idea with the present state of the game.

Us vets that still play… still play. Although guess I wouldn’t trust any new content either. Pretty much everything new has been detrimental.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

Yes I know what happens after the tournaments, it would essentially kill WvW but let it go out with a bang not with whatever the current situation is.

Are you kidding? Look at the NA matches this week. All four tiers are runaways.

Until effective ranking and server balance are things tournaments are simply not a reasonable idea.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Let’s not, but say we did, and send Magumma whatever the prize is.

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

might be fun. ppl looking for some reason to come back

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in WvW

displayname.8315

Look at the NA matches this week. All four tiers are runaways.

T3 I would call a runaway. The rest I’ve seen bigger comebacks. But honestly why would anyone bother to try. WvW has been same stale thing for how long now…. No tourneys, no events to speak of, PvE style content being added.

I’d rather have a fights based map myself but I’d take a tourney, or anything worth playing.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

T3 I would call a runaway. The rest I’ve seen bigger comebacks. But honestly why would anyone bother to try.

And this, sir, is part of the exact problem. The motivation to try isn’t there any more. So guilds try to have fun when they log in as best they can.

in WvW

displayname.8315

And this, sir, is part of the exact problem. The motivation to try isn’t there any more. So guilds try to have fun when they log in as best they can.

Yeah people gonna come and go no matter what. I’d have some fun with something like a tourney. Should be shorter or just a kind of event. In case people do decide to tryhard.

JQ subsidiary

(edited by displayname.8315)

in WvW

Posted by: henchmen.1856

henchmen.1856

might be fun. ppl looking for some reason to come back

and then they all leave after its over, taking current wvw players with them.

in WvW

Posted by: alairus.4521

alairus.4521

Wouldn’t it be cool if we could do a NA vs EU match up or NA servers Vs EU servers? I know the ping would be crazy and the lag would be unbearable, but it still would be interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Packit.8576

Packit.8576

My body is ready

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Make it the ultimate tournament – when stomped, you can’t play wvw anymore. Last man standing wins a cookie (and has to turn out the lights as the game mode will come to an end).

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Red Owl.5649

Red Owl.5649

Make it the ultimate tournament – when stomped, you can’t play wvw anymore. Last man standing wins a cookie (and has to turn out the lights as the game mode will come to an end).

Delete WvW and all the WvW servers at the end of the tournament and have the winning server be the new PvE Multiserver. Lets go out with a big BOOM

PS: Lets see if BG is as ded as they claim, I transfer to Mag for this

Mods, stop deleting my posts.
Sorry(not really) for my bad English.