WvW isn't PvE

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

So why are we using PvE armor and stats?

Wouldn’t it be more appropriate to use PvE amulets and equipment? This would make the area of WvW more balanced. New players wouldn’t have the issue of having to use lower stat armor and weapons. Using low level green or blue weapons means damage can be much reduced against a full level 80. This is a severe limitation on uplevelled characters and the primary reason their owners are told to use a level 80.

It is even worse when the player is inexperienced or even completely new to WvW.

Someone who has just got their first character to level 80 is going to find it hard to source exotics, Ascended armor and weapons are going to be far out of their price range. This change would specifically help new players with less available gold to spend.

As PvP skills are balanced for people fighting people this would be a much better option than the PvE ones we are using in WvW at the moment, which tend to unbalance the classes.

It would also simplify balancing, WvW would automatically be balanced at the same time as PvP while PvE could be more easily and suitably balanced on it’s own. At the moment WvW suffers because balancing has to include PvE.

There is the problem of changing stats anywhere on the map. People would therefore have to return to a designated area in spawn to change amulets and other equipment. This is a little more limited than present, at the moment you can change armor, weapons and jewellery anywhere on the map while out of combat – providing you have spares.

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

While I personally completely agree, for different reasons, that adding the PvP system to WvW would be nice.

WvW is not and was never intended to be balanced.

PvP is balanced around 5vs5, not 50vs50 or 1vs1, so it doesn’t really fix that much in WvW.

Most WvW roamers and fight centric people enjoy the customization you get from mixing all the items, foods, utils, and runes/sigils/stats unavailable to PvP.

Being hard locked to the PvP amulets would unfortunately ruin a good bit of build diversity (Though most of this could be solved with splitting the amulets into 2 parts, so you could take 2 different stat setups if you wanted to)

Personally would love this, simply because it would make it so much easier and cheaper to test out new builds and experiment with stats and runes etc. And remove the entire uplevel aspect from WvW.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Most WvW roamers and fight centric people enjoy the customization you get from mixing all the items, foods, utils, and runes/sigils/stats unavailable to PvP.

Yes it would be a shame to lose that, while WvW maybe has too much customisation, sPvP has too little.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Let’s be honest here, how many WvW players treat WvW as a PvP zone?

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

“WvW is not and was never intended to be balanced.”

I’ve heard this line so many times. I believe this was mentioned by a dev years ago? Why not demand. You’re swallowing the words of someone. What’s worse is you paid for his product. You have a flight of stairs. Your goal is the top. You can’t reach that unless you start climbing the flight of stairs and stop listening when he’s shouting it’s too high when he could’ve held your hand to make the climb even easier. i’m sorry i don’t buy it. they can start by looking at some of their conditions, food, armors, but then again this shouldn’t be new to them. it’s been complained over and over and over and ignored over and over and over and will be ignored over and over and over.

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: meltdown.5870

meltdown.5870

imo …WvW shouldnt be changed in any way…i love the place …..and all the possibilities it offers…….

Only hackers and exploitation issues ..should be taken care of INSTANTLY
…keep your fingers off everything else,,,,,,,,

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

And speaking of devs, a certain dev already confirmed that there are no WvW players, only PvE players that happen to play WvW sometimes^^

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I’ve heard this line so many times. I believe this was mentioned by a dev years ago? Why not demand. You’re swallowing the words of someone. What’s worse is you paid him. You have a flight of stairs. Your goal is the top. You can’t reach that unless you start climbing the flight of stairs and stop listening when he’s shouting it’s too high when he could’ve held your hand to make the climb even easier. i’m sorry i don’t buy it. they can start by looking at some of their conditions, food, armors, but then again this shouldn’t be new to them. it’s been complained over and over and over and ignored over and over and over and will be ignored over and over and over.

Horrible analogy. You cannot climb the stairs of WvW alone. It takes group play to win a week. The mode is balanced for group play, not on a one to one direct scale.

I think damage as a whole could use about a 25% reduction across the board personally. But to say anyone is swallowing words, strike me as absurd. In my opinion, it is very reasonable to understand that you cannot balance professions in various gear on a one to one comparison system in large scale combat.

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

godofcows.2451

I’ve heard this line so many times. I believe this was mentioned by a dev years ago? Why not demand. You’re swallowing the words of someone. What’s worse is you paid him. You have a flight of stairs. Your goal is the top. You can’t reach that unless you start climbing the flight of stairs and stop listening when he’s shouting it’s too high when he could’ve held your hand to make the climb even easier. i’m sorry i don’t buy it. they can start by looking at some of their conditions, food, armors, but then again this shouldn’t be new to them. it’s been complained over and over and over and ignored over and over and over and will be ignored over and over and over.

Horrible analogy. You cannot climb the stairs of WvW alone. It takes group play to win a week. The mode is balanced for group play, not on a one to one direct scale.

I think damage as a whole could use about a 25% reduction across the board personally. But to say anyone is swallowing words, strike me as absurd. In my opinion, it is very reasonable to understand that you cannot balance professions in various gear on a one to one comparison system in large scale combat.

are you saying they shouldn’t try?

stairs are something else btw.

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

godofcows.2451

And speaking of devs, a certain dev already confirmed that there are no WvW players, only PvE players that happen to play WvW sometimes^^

OOOOH u get my +1. :>

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: funassistant.6589

funassistant.6589

WvW is glorified PvE with Roleplay elements added in.

Best game mode.

PvP is flooded with builds that gave me e-cancer. And Celestial Elementalists are pathetically useless in high numbers. kek.

Feels Good Man.

Team Africa [TA]
European Overlord

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

WvW is glorified PvE with Roleplay elements added in.

Best game mode.

PvP is flooded with builds that gave me e-cancer. And Celestial Elementalists are pathetically useless in high numbers. kek.

Feels Good Man.

but those e-cancer build are stronger on wvw
WvW is aoe and condi bomb with blob to win, after the july patch output damage is to high, made the game way to easy if “we” have numbers, even portal bomb are easy to be defended since all we need to cast is aoe on it and every one will melt.
Anything further than t3 is cap what is empty or try to saved it for ppt tick, but even so i think that also happens a bit on t2 and t3, but migh be wrong.

No wonder players are stacking, it is more important than ever, lesser effort, easier victory ect.

Still i agree with you, wvw is the best gw2 offers.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Orochimaru.4730

Orochimaru.4730

WvW isnt PvE? Where have you been?

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

and then comes the important line to note what context is that made in?
is it regarding 1vs1 or is it regarding levels or player base what is it regarding;)

simply put that line alone says nothing as we dont know the context it is taken from(atleast im to lazy to look it up tho i guess you are to)

but going for the pvp system would be a bad ide for diversity but it would balance people stat wise nothing else

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

WVW is where everyone who’s gotten all their shinies.. legendaries, trinkets all that stuff and run in with the zerg looking good while kicking butt.. err getting their butts kicked.

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

yay lets bring the worst most restrictive aspects of pvp into WvW….. No thanks

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Let’s be honest here, how many WvW players treat WvW as a PvP zone?

I do. It is players vs players unless for you the guys that opposed you are AI opponents only which is FAR from my experience. That would say a lot about your play style inside WvW…

WvW isn't PvE

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

"WvW is not and was never intended to be balanced."

I’ve heard this line so many times. I believe this was mentioned by a dev years ago? Why not demand. You’re swallowing the words of someone. What’s worse is you paid for his product. You have a flight of stairs. Your goal is the top. You can’t reach that unless you start climbing the flight of stairs and stop listening when he’s shouting it’s too high when he could’ve held your hand to make the climb even easier. i’m sorry i don’t buy it. they can start by looking at some of their conditions, food, armors, but then again this shouldn’t be new to them. it’s been complained over and over and over and ignored over and over and over and will be ignored over and over and over.

Well, the idea here was that when they first described WvW they said that it was supposed to be a warzone, and not a balanced match like in PvP etc.

WvW really is a format where you just throw things in and see what happens, there are too many possibilities etc to realistically balance it. And that is a huge draw for many people.

The whole Condi vs Power damage is a example of this. How powerful they are depends entirely upon the context, how big a group are we talking about, 1v1, 5v5, 10v10, 30v30, 50v50 etc ? The answer will change completely depending on what numbers we pick.

WvW is only balanced in the "possibility" for each team. They have access to the same tings (classes, equipment, sigils, runes, siege, structures etc). But disregards more localized balance than this (which is what people usually refer to as balance, such as condi vs power, class balance, stealth, perlexity etc).

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”