WvW isnt enjoyable anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I play all game modes, I played extensively on every wvw tournament. I play only for rewards, I have 7K hours in gw2 and 8K hours in gw1. I’ve played over 10 mmos since 2001 and I’ve been playing games for 25 years, that sum it up for u guys?

If you only play for reward, I can’t take your criticism seriously. Why should I even care since you obviously do not care about the game mode? This game mode is not for you or playing it would be the reward in itself.

I’ve always said in the past that the relatively poor reward was what protected WvW from EoTM players and farmers. Now, the carrot is too shiny and here we are…

I have to agree with this. Wish I had more time to play wvw, but I could care less about the pips/shineys. Yea, the game mode needs some tweaks, but the game mode itself is the only reason I play it….just for the sheer fun of it.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

(edited by Teon.5168)

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I play all game modes, I played extensively on every wvw tournament. I play only for rewards, I have 7K hours in gw2 and 8K hours in gw1. I’ve played over 10 mmos since 2001 and I’ve been playing games for 25 years, that sum it up for u guys?

The bolding is mine. I would say that pretty much sums it up….bet you have been disappointed in just about every mmo you have ever played, if you just play for rewards/shineys. (Ugh, that would bore the heck out of me…just playing for rewards..and fyi, I have been playing mmos since the 90s and video games since the 80s…..although I don’t see how that has any relevance to anything…lol)

not really? There are lots of rewards in all mmo’s. My favorite rewards are the ones that are gated behind a reasonable grind and require a tremendous amount of personal skill to obtain. This gives you a combination which requires you to be a highly skilled player who is consistently skilled over a period of time. Rewards obtained from this type of content are my favorite, because they are hard to get.

I don’t like unreasonable grinds that are mindless and time consuming and are based on nothing, such as grinding for wvw rank.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

I can deal with the grind for the most part, but it shouldn’t feel like a full time job either. For me it’s that WvW is mostly ignored when it comes to skill balance. It’s really become nothing more than a troll fest for overpowered builds, food trolling, siege trolling, disabler/ supply trap trolling, and so on. It’s pretty frustrating and it’s obvious after the last “fix” to the update that populations are down to what they were and sometimes less before the rewards updates.

in WvW

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

When rewards are introduced into a game mode everyone is playing for them at that point, even those that aren’t or don’t care, doesn’t matter, you are still working towards an eventual reward whether you want to or care to, and so is everyone else that steps foot into that mode, that’s just the way it is. Atleast Complainer is being honest about that.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

We know. You’ve made this thread a dozen times already. It’s a little perplexing that you feel your opinion is so important it needs to be constantly repeated.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Can I get a show of hands from those who still played back in the day when you lost money in WvW instead of making it, by paying to upgrade objectives, repair armor and spending hours scouting objectives while they upgraded.

I’d still play WvW if it awarded nothing. It isn’t a job, I don’t do it to support something, I do it because I enjoy it, it’s stress relieving, it’s great for socializing.

Rewards are great and they should be there. It’s proper design to have all areas of the game giving adequate loot to sustain yourself. It’s more important for some people than others and that’s okay, everyone has fun in a different way. But for those who are more focused on the grind, remind yourself that when you reach your goal, you’ll probably leave WvW behind forever. Why should the devs cater to the people who are only there temporarily? The players who have stuck it out through thick and thin, or the new players who have discovered something they love, are the ones that deserve a long term goal and goodies on the journey for their troubles.

You deserve your cut as well even if you’re only there to suck the loot out of it. But don’t expect sympathy when that’s your only motivation. I’m not going to welcome someone to my party who’s only there for cake and beer.

Raises both hands and oooo a foot too!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: danserafim.7051

danserafim.7051

Can you solve the lag issue and the DC before, and once for all, the launch of season 3 finale? This is kittening off a lot of people around the world.
We are having this problem almost every day in the last month. Bring us solutions… Please!

Thanks ANET for the last WvW servers relink (ironic mode on)
Thanks for ruining my friendships by turning friendly servers into enemies so kitten fast (Tarnished Coast vs Gate of Madness). Bye Bye Guild Friends!!!!
Thanks for ruining my server, Tarnished Coast, by linking him to one that does not do WvW (Sanctum of None).
And thanks ANET for not doing the same things you do in PvP on WvW.
Where’s the gold and the grandmastermarks from the chests?
One gold for chest is better than none gold and a bunch of nothing to salvage
You guys are doing a great job messing up this great game.

Holy Avenger Guild Member [Holy]
Well Played Team Guild Member [WP]
Odin Guild Member [Odin]

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Can you solve the lag issue and the DC before, and once for all, the launch of season 3 finale? This is kittening off a lot of people around the world.
We are having this problem almost every day in the last month. Bring us solutions… Please!

Thanks ANET for the last WvW servers relink (ironic mode on)
Thanks for ruining my friendships by turning friendly servers into enemies so kitten fast (Tarnished Coast vs Gate of Madness). Bye Bye Guild Friends!!!!
Thanks for ruining my server, Tarnished Coast, by linking him to one that does not do WvW (Sanctum of None).
And thanks ANET for not doing the same things you do in PvP on WvW.
Where’s the gold and the grandmastermarks from the chests?
One gold for chest is better than none gold and a bunch of nothing to salvage
You guys are doing a great job messing up this great game.

I can agree with the server lag issue, my ISP states its not something on my end.

For the rest of your complaint, just sounds like a 1st world problem.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

So the moral is don’t complain about anything ever. Don’t let the devs know the shortcomings or features they need to improve, which is arguably the most valuable information they could gain from their player base. All because you say so and you don’t like complaining. Just think without complaining we would have no unions, worker Rights, civil rights or product safety and nothing would ever be improved and we’d never invent anything that improves our lives, because we wouldn’t want to complain, that’s the worst thing ever! Quick get the safe spaces ready, I can’t handle this.

Great logic, if u guys don’t have anything else to say other then to complain about me personally, then u shouldn’t post on the thread unless you’re adding to it.

As of now wvw is a dying game mode and needs help and suggestions, not bashing pvers who are the ones who keep the game afloat so you can enjoy wvw.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I’m here to complain about the fact that the decay timer update discourages scouting . . .

You don’t need to sit in a tower to scout anymore, watchtowers will do the job, you can scout while roaming around and easily keep up participation, long story short, the days of sitting in a tower half afk to scout are over, and good riddance to that.

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

So the moral is don’t complain about anything ever. Don’t let the devs know the shortcomings or features they need to improve, which is arguably the most valuable information they could gain from their player base. All because you say so and you don’t like complaining. Just think without complaining we would have no unions, worker Rights, civil rights or product safety and nothing would ever be improved and we’d never invent anything that improves our lives, because we wouldn’t want to complain, that’s the worst thing ever! Quick get the safe spaces ready, I can’t handle this.

Great logic, if u guys don’t have anything else to say other then to complain about me personally, then u shouldn’t post on the thread unless you’re adding to it.

As of now wvw is a dying game mode and needs help and suggestions, not bashing pvers who are the ones who keep the game afloat so you can enjoy wvw.

It is fine, even important, to report a problem/complain. However, not all issues are as important or even valid.

WvW can definitely use help and fresh blood, but not at all cost. If all the fresh blood care only for reward I say no thank you to your “help” since you are a danger to the game mode rather than a salvation (IMO).

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

It is fine, even important, to report a problem/complain. However, not all issues are as important or even valid.

WvW can definitely use help and fresh blood, but not at all cost. If all the fresh blood care only for reward I say no thank you to your “help” since you are a danger to the game mode rather than a salvation (IMO).

^this. WvW was never about rewards (aside from tourneys, there were no big rewards).

Fresh blood is nice, however not if it is a hazard to the mode. Myself, I appreciate any valid, constructive idea, however if you want rewards, thats what the “reward” tracks are for. Every once in a while I will get an asc box (seems to be once every few weeks), however if you want more, then maybe WvW isn’t for you. This isn’t a bash at anyone, however more of a truth.

Its like a WvWer coming to PvE saying “There should be player vs player combat in PvE”, and I should be able to use a finisher on all NPC’s and monsters."

If thats why they are there and if thats what they want, thats cool, however the longer they stay there, the less happy they will be as its clearly not for them then.

More rewards is not what WvW needs, especially with the reward tracks and dailies/pip system.

Balance will help, however its not a fast fix so don’t hold your breath.

in WvW

Posted by: slashlizardy.9167

slashlizardy.9167

^this. WvW was never about rewards (aside from tourneys, there were no big rewards).

Fresh blood is nice, however not if it is a hazard to the mode. Myself, I appreciate any valid, constructive idea, however if you want rewards, thats what the “reward” tracks are for. Every once in a while I will get an asc box (seems to be once every few weeks), however if you want more, then maybe WvW isn’t for you. This isn’t a bash at anyone, however more of a truth.

Its like a WvWer coming to PvE saying “There should be player vs player combat in PvE”, and I should be able to use a finisher on all NPC’s and monsters."

If thats why they are there and if thats what they want, thats cool, however the longer they stay there, the less happy they will be as its clearly not for them then.

More rewards is not what WvW needs, especially with the reward tracks and dailies/pip system.

Balance will help, however its not a fast fix so don’t hold your breath.

It’s not completely cut and dry as that. More people playing in WvW does help WvW overall, whether anyone whines about rewards or not. Just because someone is whining, does not mean you have to listen to it, I can tune out a whole lot, it’s one thing I am good at, lol. When more are here in WvW, yes some are lost and don’t know what to do, and some are heading straight to the most rewarding loot, but overall, we will pick up some players who will like it, engage with the other players, and help out to the best of their abilities. To those players, I will assist them at every opportunity.

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

So what happens when you’ve gotten all the rewards in WvW? Do you stop playing again?

in WvW

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Are you aware of what a strawman argument is? Or the fact that you are both condemning such arguments while ironically using them yourself?

in WvW

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Are you aware of what a strawman argument is? Or the fact that you are both condemning such arguments while ironically using them yourself?

I am aware that I used the “complaining argument” against those who are complaining about me. yes.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: Gop.8713

Gop.8713

I’m here to complain about the fact that the decay timer update discourages scouting . . .

You don’t need to sit in a tower to scout anymore, watchtowers will do the job, you can scout while roaming around and easily keep up participation, long story short, the days of sitting in a tower half afk to scout are over, and good riddance to that.

And if that is what we were discussing, your reply would have been relevant. That’s the nicest thing I can think to say :/

in WvW

Gop.8713

So what happens when you’ve gotten all the rewards in WvW? Do you stop playing again?

Probably, yes. Why wouldn’t I . . ?

But I’m sure I’ll stop playing long before that bc the rewards are basically endless, flowing from so many different things: xp, loot, the thrill of victory, the challenge of defeat, meeting new ppl with every new linking, making a contribution to a larger goal, etc. . .

Sorry, what did that have to do with whether my activity should prevent decay . . ?

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

5 years into this game and people still blobfest and gankfest and afraid to roam with less than 5 – 10 people.The people made wvw a bore,not anet.Instead of making smaller groups to have fun fights,roam with less,dont rely on broken mechanics,dont rely on downed state to save your kitten.it could have been fun,but it hardly is lately.

in WvW

Gop.8713

And I’m going to say that’s from yet another poster who didn’t bother to read the thread first

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

No updates to the game mode other then scoring.

No class balance or skills that are altered for wvw specifically.

Rewards gated behind ridiculous rank requirements.

Skirmish tickets weekly cap is extremely low.

Too grindy for new players to hit weekly ticket cap or get rank hi enough so it is easier.

No other way to earn tickets other then grinding participation and maintaining it with mindless activities.

New participation system eliminates even more ways of playing wvw and makes maintaining participation a chore.

No tournaments or anything exciting planned for the near future.

Not much to expect when u do a mmo that feels like a android game, thats what they have managed to do, a android feel alike game that only runs on pc….

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: danserafim.7051

danserafim.7051

5 years into this game and people still blobfest and gankfest and afraid to roam with less than 5 – 10 people.The people made wvw a bore,not anet.Instead of making smaller groups to have fun fights,roam with less,dont rely on broken mechanics,dont rely on downed state to save your kitten.it could have been fun,but it hardly is lately.

So… lets all be thieves then.

Holy Avenger Guild Member [Holy]
Well Played Team Guild Member [WP]
Odin Guild Member [Odin]

in WvW

Posted by: Pimpology.6234

Pimpology.6234

What’s not enjoyable about running in circles like nascar, but with the added bonus of immature grown adult a—hole commanders screaming at squad in teamspeak and then rage quitting because stuff doesn’t work out the way they wanted. LOL

Rewards gated behind ridiculous rank requirements.

Rewards are for the hardcores that have only played WvW and nothing else for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever clearly….

Skirmish tickets weekly cap is extremely low.

yea, but they gotta bring you back week after week for some reason. Plus they don’t have to update anything for a while cause it takes you so long to get anywhere.

Too grindy for new players to hit weekly ticket cap or get rank hi enough so it is easier.

just gotta spend all your time awake playing WvW, quit yo job, skip school-oh wait its the summer-you got plenty of time! no time for real life- THIS IS YO LIFE! just spend the 7 days— 8 hours a day grinding – its easy!

No other way to earn tickets other then grinding participation and maintaining it with mindless activities.

Nascar isn’t mindless why would WvW be.

New participation system eliminates even more ways of playing wvw and makes maintaining participation a chore.

Srs though i noticed the other day that building siege and running back and forth from camps gets u no participation. anet should change this. building something, repairing wall/seige is participating.

(edited by Pimpology.6234)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

My problem is that i cap tickets in Sunday and i don’t have motivation play before reset. EotM is dead too so i can’t even have any good fights.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Pimpology.6234

My problem is that i cap tickets in Sunday and i don’t have motivation play before reset. EotM is dead too so i can’t even have any good fights.

pretty sure killing players can be completely avoided. get participation up to max then collect pips. PIPS ALL IMPORTANT!

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You could always take up roleplaying in DR?

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

The bolding is mine. I would say that pretty much sums it up….bet you have been disappointed in just about every mmo you have ever played, if you just play for rewards/shineys. (Ugh, that would bore the heck out of me…just playing for rewards..and fyi, I have been playing mmos since the 90s and video games since the 80s…..although I don’t see how that has any relevance to anything…lol)

not really? There are lots of rewards in all mmo’s. My favorite rewards are the ones that are gated behind a reasonable grind and require a tremendous amount of personal skill to obtain. This gives you a combination which requires you to be a highly skilled player who is consistently skilled over a period of time. Rewards obtained from this type of content are my favorite, because they are hard to get.

I don’t like unreasonable grinds that are mindless and time consuming and are based on nothing, such as grinding for wvw rank.

Fair enough. I have known a lot of friends in mmos that play like that. 15-20 years ago, I was more into that, as well. But at my advanced age for an mmo player now(58 years old), and with the limited amount of time that I play…..I pretty much just play for the sheer fun of it anymore, and to socialize with my friends in the guild I belong to. Cool drops, earned bling, unintended rewards are just added gravy, imo, anymore. Sure, I notice when I get another wvw or pvp level, and when my ap level dings….but I don’t consciously try to grind stuff out anymore. Last time I did that was the 10 years that I played Dark Age of Camelot, and I eventually found that doing that decreased my enjoyment of the game.

I actually get more of a kick out of seeing what others in the guild have earned with their grinds…lol.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Eh..no ? How does that make sense to what i said.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

So it’s on the players that elite specs are so broken? Interesting theory here.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

He means that Thieves are terrible at zerging but kings of roaming.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

He means that Thieves are terrible at zerging but kings of roaming.

Well…..

Have you seen a decent 8 man teef group take out 80ish% of a zerg that was around 25 ppl? Its a beautiful sight.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I don’t find the weekly ticket cap too low considering you’re getting an ascended piece of armor at each stage. It’s actually quite easy.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

katniss.6735

Roaming, however, isn’t fun anymore. As someone who only plays Ele, what I’m usually fighting are thieves, mesmers, and druids. I can’t catch up to any of these, and I don’t want to considering how many escapes I lose trying to do it. Condition damage is way off the scale with massive bursts from corruption, traps, and rapid stacking. After HoT release my WvW activity is probably 1/3 of what it used to be, with half of the time being afk. I’m not going to be some slow-poke healer for a blob because anet doesn’t know how to develop my class.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

I don’t care if people flame me but for me the rewards are fine, what already made me quit again WvW is the terrible balance. Conditions are stupid strong for the little risk they take to use, builds should always go 1:1 with Risk/Reward:

Low Risk/Low Reward
High Risk/High Reward

And currently there are too many builds with Low Risk/High Reward, so yeah the balance is terrible.

And for roaming, there’s almost no class variety. It’s plagued with thieves followed by druids and mesmers.

So for me WvW’s gameplay is just frustrating and boring, fun is more important than “rewards”.

P.S.

It also doesn’t help the fact that ANET seems to keep incentivizing blobs (which I have always despised).

Stella Truth Seeker

(edited by XxsdgxX.8109)

in WvW

katniss.6735

Traps should disappear if the owner is more than (to be fair) 10000 yards away from it. I love walking out of a portal into traps with no enemies in the entire radius of where I am. Reduce all trap duration to 30s.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

katniss.6735

Hardened siege should be removed.
Arrow cart firing speed should be reduced, and they shouldn’t apply cripple. Bleed makes sense, but the damage of a superior AC is insane. It’s like 2500+ on 50 people for 1 ac every 3s. Shield gens do not block arrows. Was this intentional?

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Arrow cart firing speed should be reduced, and they shouldn’t apply cripple. Bleed makes sense, but the damage of a superior AC is insane. It’s like 2500+ on 50 people for 1 ac every 3s. Shield gens do not block arrows. Was this intentional?

I would agree to changing AC so it fires slower and shields block it, if they buff the damage AC does to siege.

in WvW

katniss.6735

cool. i just tabbed back to the game where i got pulled 1 million miles off a wall and condi bombed. i alt f4’d.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

cool. i just tabbed back to the game where i got pulled 1 million miles off a wall and condi bombed. i alt f4’d.

I mean what were you expecting? To be able to stand on the edge and not get focused?

in WvW

katniss.6735

I mean what were you expecting? To be able to stand on the edge and not get focused?

k .

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

Actually they do with shield generator mastery 5 git gud

in WvW

Pimpology.6234

It also doesn’t help the fact that ANET seems to keep incentivizing blobs (which I have always despised).

I wonder if anet changed it so people could get more pips per tick for fewer people in a squad. Would big zergs almost disappear?
Prolly not because more peeps would be tagging up, but still just running together, right? “Follow the red dot only!”
Maybe limit it again by being in proximity to other players of same server. Those small squads would have to be spread out away from each other to get extra pips, and if joining forces for “X amount of time” the pip production would be decreased back to what it is currently.

just an idea. modify or add your own

(edited by Pimpology.6234)

in WvW

Pimpology.6234

Sounds like nerd rage to me.
Hope you’re not a commander on TC. I’ve seen many do this.
Raged & alt f4’d that is lol

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

I wonder if anet changed it so people could get more pips per tick for fewer people in a squad. Would big zergs almost disappear?
Prolly not because more peeps would be tagging up, but still just running together, right? “Follow the red dot only!”
Maybe limit it again by being in proximity to other players of same server. Those small squads would have to be spread out away from each other to get extra pips, and if joining forces for “X amount of time” the pip production would be decreased back to what it is currently.

just an idea. modify or add your own

I doubt it would to be honest. People thought that the +1 pip for having a 5man squad as a commander would cause there to be an epidemic of people tagging up and small scale groups. That never happened however.

in WvW

Posted by: Zhuul.1759

Zhuul.1759

No updates to the game mode other then scoring.

You say update
they say new backpack skin

Yes we can Great again

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

Firstly, I am well known to not be the target audience, I wvw because I enjoy it, not for any rewards.

As a player personally getting a 5 pip bonus for having enjoyed playing a few thousand hrs, I feel the newer players are being shafted.

Rewards mean nothing to me but if better rewards or a few rule changes bring people back to a game mode I enjoy, then please do it.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Rank 10k ultimate dominator and I still enjoy WvW, don’t know what your problem is, this thread is just a thinly veiled rant that you cannot get tickets fast enough, prob your third thread on same subject now isn’t it? give it a rest…

Well the numbers speak volumes, that’s why his “rant” maybe does not aply to you, but it can’t be denied that a lot of players feel that ANet has abandoned us.

Look in your FL, look how many of your friends are still playing, if you are in a wvw server community ask yourself how many “old” and “new” faces you see every day, week, month, year and tell me this: do you have the feeling this game is still popular or do you think it is slowly dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

If you hate the game mode then you should roam. Or PvP. I would say some encouraging kitten like; “Oh, don’t worry Anet is fixing it” or maybe “Class balance will be fixed soon”, But I wouldn’t want to be unrealistic. I think most of us still here are just addicted to slaughtering each other and are willing to put up with anet’s kitten to get our fix.

[varX] Limitless Potential

(edited by Brutal Augus.5917)