WvW lagfree? or not?

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Hello guys,

I`ve been away from GW2 for about a year, maybe longer. I partly stopped playing because my favorite mode was WvW and especially EB. Yet, when 2 sides with big numbers or all 3 sides clashed in SM for example the game got very unresponsive and at that for quite a while. Also playing with a well organised guild every night only to wipe against blobs/pugs full of terrible people that we could easily kill become readily not avaiable anymore due to lag. Wiping VS bad pugs because nothing is responsive anymore takes away fun VERY FAST. Not being able to heal/fight/run – rubberbanding and stare at a slideshow gets boring very quick and this to happen every night i got fed up and quit playing because there no mention or rumours this was going to get fixed any time soon.

1 year later, with a new expansion and lots of new content my question is:

Does WvW still lag if blobs meet or when a guild fights a blob with 80+ people?

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

It even lags while none on the map, all it needs is the glorious middle-pve-event, and then you’ll be rubberbanding all over the place.

It’s not really better for blobfights, only the fact that you have less blobfights…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I see lag mostly when SM is up for grabs with Q’d maps and all sides are in there fighting (as in reset night). This is less than 1% of game play time. It is annoying and it does happen but it is pretty infrequent. Most nights, I never experience any significant lag.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Sandra Martino.3870

I see lag mostly when SM is up for grabs with Q’d maps and all sides are in there fighting (as in reset night). This is less than 1% of game play time. It is annoying and it does happen but it is pretty infrequent. Most nights, I never experience any significant lag.

This does vary by server. I used to play on top tier servers with 90+ blobs and if they get into a fight (especially 3 blobs at SM) it becomes a lagfest. I can live with 1% of my playtime being a lagfest but in toptier servers any clash between blobs become lagfest, it amounts to nearly half my playing time. I cannot live with this, so i`d like some feedback on this particular area.

And no, i will not settle for lower tier servers because big fights is what makes this game unique, lower tier servers do not have this. I enjoy large scale fights a lot which is why i’m inherently attracted to this game.

So can someone give me a thoroughly in depth answer to this question? I`ll be very grateful

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Better question is the internet lag free?

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I recently went to t1 and can say the lag is bad in 3 way sm fights. Really that is the only place that I ever notice it. Sometimes I hear others mention lag in fights but for me I only get it when the 3 servers clash with each other. I do not see it on my end when 2 server blobs are fighting but can’t speak for others..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I haven’t been in T1 for several months but given what WvW populations are doing across the tiers right now the large 3 ways battles are just more rare now. However if they happen the lag issue has not changed since the problem in the spring when they lowered to map caps to help alleviate lag slightly. My understanding is the severe level of lag is only experienced by some players so not everyone has the same problems and I don’t know if that ever got tracked down to some particular system or IP difference but the number of players who are affected by it is not small. I think it is fairly safe to say if you had problems before it has not changed much except that large 3 way battles are less common than before. I went down a few tiers to avoid the worst of it but still experience skill crippling lag from time to time.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Posted by: Aakek.8760

Aakek.8760

It varies. I rarely have lag anymore but I also turned off showing enemy costumes which seemed to help a lot.

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This does vary by server. I used to play on top tier servers with 90+ blobs and if they get into a fight (especially 3 blobs at SM) it becomes a lagfest. I can live with 1% of my playtime being a lagfest but in toptier servers any clash between blobs become lagfest, it amounts to nearly half my playing time. I cannot live with this, so i`d like some feedback on this particular area.

I am in NA T1 and play during NA as well as Sea and Oceanic. I cannot speak for T3 but do have direct experience with the largest scale fights in NA.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Sandra Martino.3870

It varies. I rarely have lag anymore but I also turned off showing enemy costumes which seemed to help a lot.

Hmm ye, i’m running on lowest settings already. My hardware hasn’t changed since than. But i guess from the other replies that 3 way clashes and thus blob lag has been naturally reduced does seem like an improve somewhat.

I might give it a go again. The raid looks great to be fair so i might check other content out apart from WvW.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone, valuable input for me

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

The lag caused by big 3 way fights is server based. i.e it not being able to calculate everything it needs to fast enough. This is even more evident when after a really long 3 way the game clock tries to catch back up, during this time all players seem to attack 2-3x faster as opposed to the 2-3x slower of before. This only happens generally during the cooldown at the end of 90 man blob fights.

This is why there is now only 2-3 servers that actually blob up with all 90, because as soon as you gather 90 people to fight them the server has a coronary and everyone spends 90% of their time just trying to use any skill other than autoattack.

Most people have decided that after 3+ years this actually isn’t fun. We like being able to use the other 9 skill buttons. =)

IGN: Dal Brinium

WvW lagfree? or not?

in WvW

Posted by: Luzernes.2957

Luzernes.2957

Apparently Anet did an interview about it and explained when they will fix it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezVy-zLUq6g

Be sure they are working on it