WvW matchup forum being wiped

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Of course they are a competition. Every single game is a competitor. But they are not a DIRECT competitor, due to the difference in payment model.

People tend to stay with one of the P2P MMOs at a time, due to not having money enough to pay for more than one.

With a B2P however you don’t need to pay a single $ after you bought it, and thus you can play a P2P on top of that, without having to worry about it.

Really… You of course know about everyone’s spending habits and preferences of course.

Most MMO’s nowadays have integrated a F2P business model, even the older more established MMO’s that have been around before the Guild Wars B2P idea came about.
I personally prefer subbing for my MMO fixes even though I have nothing against F2P just that’s how I roll and to that end I sub for 3 games currently. Bottom line is if I think it offers decent value then I don’t mind paying for it… in fact I find GW2 to be pretty poor value when considering the F2P options that I could take with the MMO’s I currently sub to.
Add to that most F2P options offer the opportunity to earn as you play so if your prepared to put the time and effort in and have some degree of patience then you don’t necessarily have to pay out anything other than the off-shelf cost (and even that isn’t always required as many offer free downloads)

Except any decent game design will have placed an enormous amount of time and effort into placing the carrots in front of players and play on their lack of patience and desire to have better stats, better shinnies, better appearances and more content, no matter what business model they promote and ANET do that better than most imo – but being a business I see nothing wrong with it… so every MMO is in fact a direct competitor to GW2 whether you pay up front or pay through a cash shop in game – I would actually hazard a guess though (yes a guess as unlike your ability to know what others do, want, have etc) that the vast majority of players currently playing GW2 or who have played it at some point since launch, have spent at least the same amount if not more again on top of the original box sale cost. B2P sounds great but at some point very soon after launch the game has to make money to progress and continue to be supported so it in turn becomes a direct competitor to all those other MMO’s out there.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

And I am quite sure that they have way more eyes and ears out checking out any other MMO being released than most people here does. It is after all their line of business so it is highly unlikely that they wouldn’t keep informed about it.

This may be so. But Anet’s problem is not ignorance of competition. They can be the most well informed people out there, but in the end, they make bad decisions. A lot of them. That’s their most serious issue.

in WvW

Posted by: Blackelk.3784

Blackelk.3784

75% of the fun in competitive games is the ‘smack-talk’ if you will. If you aren’t talking kitten than you don’t mean bull kitten, that’s the way its been since competitive games have existed. You talk smack to get to know your opponents and to also bring more entertainment to the match-up. It is a shame A-net and other players aren’t more thick skinned to take a few joke.

R.I.P. – Match-up thread – You really livened up my days at work oh the hours I spent watching forum warriors fling poo its a shame really, good thing there are third party forums!

Guild Lead -[MMAC] Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts
Bluntski

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Of course they are a competition. Every single game is a competitor. But they are not a DIRECT competitor, due to the difference in payment model.

This is false, in all probability I will be giving up most of my GW2 playtime for one of them. So yes they are direct competitors.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Just make Map chat readable by all servers, that way people will vent their anger there instead of making tonnes of posts which you then have to moderate.
You save time moderating, filters on in Map chat prevent too much abuse (lol), and the kids get to scream their heads off and we all get to laugh at them.

The issue is is that removing these forums cuts off the players from the WvW team, so how do we then make suggestions and talk about WvW improvements?

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The issue is is that removing these forums cuts off the players from the WvW team, so how do we then make suggestions and talk about WvW improvements?

Oh, I don’t know.
Maybe in the Suggestions forum, or possible the WvW Discussion forum?
They are after all only removing the MATCH-UP forums, not the WvW Discussion, nor Suggestion.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

People tend to stay with one of the P2P MMOs at a time, due to not having money enough to pay for more than one.

With a B2P however you don’t need to pay a single $ after you bought it, and thus you can play a P2P on top of that, without having to worry about it.

Really… You of course know about everyone’s spending habits and preferences of course.

You know whats crazy, that is exactly what he wrote and he also claims to be the professor X, hence how he knows….

It’s a valid point, not every one is willing or able to pay for 2 or more subs (or even one for that matter) also younger players that don’t have a personal income…Which you know is the real target of these games. I think its funny that you try to call him out then assume your single “spending habits and preferences” are the norm….

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Just make Map chat readable by all servers, that way people will vent their anger there instead of making tonnes of posts which you then have to moderate.
You save time moderating, filters on in Map chat prevent too much abuse (lol), and the kids get to scream their heads off and we all get to laugh at them.

If this happened, I’d imagine the in-game “report for verbal abuse” button would explode from overuse.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

I don’t really see any of the titles coming out as being competitors for the PvP segment of GW2.

I’ve heard nothing but disappointing news about the ESO beta; though I think they haven’t beta’d their RvR (or at least, my sources didn’t try it). It’s not being done by Bethesda (it’s the parent company farming it out to other studios in the “family”) and they seem torn on whether it wants to be an MMO with ES elements or a ES game with MMO elements.

Wildstar seems cartoony and a bit of a throwback. It’s hard to trust anything released under the NCSoft title (the main company) which has relied upon subscriptions in the Korean market for it’s Lineage games for over a decade now. With those games ancient, and so many failures since; I don’t expect greatness.

WoW is a social experiment now. No one goes back for the game, they go back to do the new content with their old friends. (hint hint Anet, see how that works?)

Everquest looks promising for PvE, but no word on PvP which makes it sound like there will not be anything great being offered in that regard.

Nope, GW2 can survive entropy on it’s current momentum and I don’t think that there is much that can goad them to push any part of the game to the next level (no money from parent company, not enough income for major expansion).

They’ll just whittle away people until the age of PC gaming goes away.

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I think it’s a good idea. The T1 matchup threads were usually filled with unpleasantness and endless back and forth name calling between disgruntled players of one kind or another. I’ll be glad to see them go.

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Matchup threads being deleted very soon.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Fill the wvw discussion with all the matchup threads

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

We already have a community site. Free from Anets control.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

skullmount.1758

Except people aren’t gonna know to go to it. And it didn’t have all matchups (at least didn’t see mine on the one site, when I checked last week).

Darkhaven server

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Skullmount well some people are waiting to new matchups. Seems silly making new thread day before reset

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Except people aren’t gonna know to go to it. And it didn’t have all matchups (at least didn’t see mine on the one site, when I checked last week).

Feel free to make your matchup’s thread. Nobody is stopping you.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

skullmount.1758

Skullmount well some people are waiting to new matchups. Seems silly making new thread day before reset

I meant last weeks (DH/ET/AR(?)), not the upcoming one (or this weeks).

Oh, I could make one, but if one is not already created, then that means theres no one from my matchup that wants to participate in that forum (or they just don’t know about it), so why create one?

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Oh, I could make one, but if one is not already created, then that means theres no one from my matchup that wants to participate in that forum (or they just don’t know about it), so why create one?

The site just went up last week after mods decided to wipe the matchup forum.

in WvW

Posted by: BirdSong.2541

BirdSong.2541

The site just went up last week after mods decided to wipe the matchup forum.

Yep and work on it is underway Join us at gw2wvw.net
Just dont go to the .com one
Or you’ll be entered into a triad cult. I did it accidentally, I’ve only just been released.

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild
Northern Shiverpeaks Nightcrew

in WvW

BirdSong.2541

Date has changed for the subforum to be deleted due to holidays

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

It happened.

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Am sad. =(

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

RIP subforum… you were fun while you were around…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

BirdSong.2541

Ode to my dearest subforum;
May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rain fall softly on your lands
And until we meet again,
May Love hold you in the hollow of her hands

RIP 2013-2014

Attachments:

Commander Rob
ZoS Guild

(edited by BirdSong.2541)

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

well this game just got a whole lot more boring…first they butcher the game mode and then butcher the game mode forums.

now then….what is this thing?

Attachments:

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

“We’re not just removing and moving sub-forums, but we’ll even be adding a sub-forum that many of you have requested!”

First TAkittendungeon removed and replaced by Aether dungeon and now this. Anet: you know that it’s ok to add to the game without deleting stuff as well!

Hilarious!

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

Yea, they wiped it a moment ago.

Bai bai match-up sub forum.

Let’s see if anyone getting an infraction for posting a match-up thread on this forum section xD

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

Ode to my dearest subforum;
May the road rise up to meet you,
May the wind be ever at your back
May the sun shine warm upon your face
And the rain fall softly on your lands
And until we meet again,
May Love hold you in the hollow of her hands

RIP 2013-2014

10/10

in WvW

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Since the sub-forum is now archived, we’re closing this topic.