WvW more like AB

WvW more like AB

in WvW

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Now hear me out. The biggest issue I see with WvW currently is that numbers mean almost everything. Balancing the server population has been almost impossible due to players flocking to the biggest server for “free” weekly wins. But what if instead of your WvW team being based off your server it is instead a choice you make similar to AB back in GW1. There would simply be a list of “teams” to chose from and once chosen your locked in for a week. The teams with the most players are locked until the others gain more members. I know a system like this wouldn’t be an easy task to implement but I can’t really see it failing in terms of balancing the population.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

WvW more like AB

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Even though AB died out, it was a better concept in terms of competition, as were JQ and FA despite the leechers and bots.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

WvW more like AB

in WvW

Professor Sensei.2941

Even though AB died out, it was a better concept in terms of competition, as were JQ and FA despite the leechers and bots.

I just loved how is was a 12v12 every time. No worries of unbalanced teams. Sure you got bad players and some bots here and there but that happened to either side. But yeah it did die out and so will WvW someday.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

WvW more like AB

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

While the most obvious issue is
- the concentration of numbers,
the real problem is that
- it’s too easy to move that zerg around the map. It has been stated that the maps are too small, which is effectively the same statement.

You risk nothing by committing your main force to one side of the map because you can too easily get to the other side to stop the enemy (or whatever) there.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

WvW more like AB

in WvW

Professor Sensei.2941

While the most obvious issue is
- the concentration of numbers,
the real problem is that
- it’s too easy to move that zerg around the map. It has been stated that the maps are too small, which is effectively the same statement.

You risk nothing by committing your main force to one side of the map because you can too easily get to the other side to stop the enemy (or whatever) there.

Zergs really aren’t an issue in my book. Defending with a handful of arrow carts is easy enough. The issue I see is the population gap causing for clean wins week after week. TC is a perfect example of the power gap between T1 servers and every server below them. We often refer to ourselves as T1.5 just because T1 sweeps us and T2 doesn’t even bother showing up half the time.

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

WvW more like AB

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Coverage is also a huge factor in most tiers. The cheap fix is to change or adjust the scoring mechanism but that doesn’t address the player fun factor. IMO the best solution is also the most painful which is to eliminate the server concept from WvW and align populations by guild on a weekly basis.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”