WvW need mobile AoE Zerg Sieges

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

WvW needs a new siege that is speedy, mobile and does nice AoE damage to player Zergs but not walls and doors. This would add a new tactic layer for countering zergs in the WvW game.

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

It’s already out, not everyone knows how to use it right. It’s called “players”.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

no we don’t.
already too many sieges built in open field….

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

We already have that. Omega and alpha golems.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

no we don’t.
already too many sieges built in open field….

Aint that the truth. While fighting a bigger zerg last night from the green keep to SM, they had a train of siege all the way from sm to our keep. And multiple trebs from SM. Turned into siege wars..

in WvW

Knighthonor.4061

We already have that. Omega and alpha golems.

They mobile, but designed for Structure Combat. Not designed for zerg combat.

This idea of a zerg siege, needs to be tough against player attacks, while also mobile, and deals nice AoE damage to wear down Zergs. Also needs some great CC effects.

but weak damage to structures.

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

lol and what’s going to stop an 80 man blob with 3 of these against a 40 man blob with 1?

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: Sai Ree.5960

Sai Ree.5960

You mean like the gw1 siege devourers? I don’t think it’d add to wvw now – the maps are too small. Unless it’d give really good reward for dragging a slow moving giant animal from one side of the map to the other in some joined effort at protecting and deploying it or so.

in WvW

Knighthonor.4061

lol and what’s going to stop an 80 man blob with 3 of these against a 40 man blob with 1?

By designing it so that the game mode limits the number of them that can be summoned at a time,
based on different variables such as
Server Population
Time Gaps
Map Control
etc

in WvW

Knighthonor.4061

You mean like the gw1 siege devourers? I don’t think it’d add to wvw now – the maps are too small. Unless it’d give really good reward for dragging a slow moving giant animal from one side of the map to the other in some joined effort at protecting and deploying it or so.

Can provide some good tactics for moving troops against the more populated zergs.

Commanders have to use it wisely in their game plan.

It could even have a weakness against Siege Weapons. So that adds yet another caution the commanders using it have to juggle as a risk factor with huge upside of being great against large zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

they could put in a dredge tank. or vigil tanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Dutchares.6084

Dutchares.6084

Bad idea

Larger zergs can build more/faster siege then smaller zergs.

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

1 thing WvW doesn’t need is more siege

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

We should have a change of sieges someday. I think this turtle fits the mark.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

We

Do

Not

Need

More

Siege

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

What we need are fast, agile ‘skimmers’ that do no damage to players but provide CC and high damage to golems. Golem rushing is getting out of hand and 2 cannons aren’t enough to counter them all and they’re too easily killed. Balista are great, but don’t have good arc of fire once they’re on the door. Other siege is ineffective.

Being able to pilot skimmers that attack from another entrance and take out golems could be fun. Give them a vector engine attack so they can fly through zergs knocking everyone down/out of the way, tow cables to pull golems away from a keep so balista can hurt them, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

You sound like an Anet employee as they like to break down wvw each patch.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

What we need are fast, agile ‘skimmers’ that do no damage to players but provide CC and high damage to golems. Golem rushing is getting out of hand and 2 cannons aren’t enough to counter them all and they’re too easily killed. Balista are great, but don’t have good arc of fire once they’re on the door. Other siege is ineffective.

Being able to pilot skimmers that attack from another entrance and take out golems could be fun. Give them a vector engine attack so they can fly through zergs knocking everyone down/out of the way, tow cables to pull golems away from a keep so balista can hurt them, etc.

IMO, reduce player/AC damage against cannons and their users, like Iron Hide. Ballistas really need a role, and sniping cannons could be a good one.

Come to think of it, you know the damage reduction you get from Burning Oil 3? Is that Iron Hide, or Protection? Should be Iron Hide. Seems like making Iron Hide a uniform siege-user buff would be a good idea.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Knighthonor.4061

Bad idea

Larger zergs can build more/faster siege then smaller zergs.

thats why it has a limit based on different variables. Like factions with outman buff can build more and faster versions to balance the odds.

stuff like that built into the game to restrict when and how they are made.

in WvW

Knighthonor.4061

well if thats true than I can see why. WvW is an unfinished product by design.

It needs more gameplay. more content. current version of it, is not enough. because it simply leads to what we currently has.

there is no better tactic than Trebs and zerging.

the other sieges arent even as useful, because of how sieges are limited (excluding exploits of course).

The Map doesnt even have any other objectives other than capping things. It becomes a big pass the keep/towers mode. its badly designed.

I come here to this forum, because I like to think of ways to make WvW better and fun for the majority. I like to think outside the box. I know many people posting here on the forum, simply cant think outside the box, so I dont really blame them much, because I am unique.

WvW would never need updates if it were perfect, which it isnt. It need new content. Just like PvE gets new content and features. So does WvW. WvW was the original reason I was interested in this game, along with the B2P model of course. But nothing else.

in WvW

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

well if thats true than I can see why. WvW is an unfinished product by design.

It needs more gameplay. more content. current version of it, is not enough. because it simply leads to what we currently has.

there is no better tactic than Trebs and zerging.

the other sieges arent even as useful, because of how sieges are limited (excluding exploits of course).

The Map doesnt even have any other objectives other than capping things. It becomes a big pass the keep/towers mode. its badly designed.

I come here to this forum, because I like to think of ways to make WvW better and fun for the majority. I like to think outside the box. I know many people posting here on the forum, simply cant think outside the box, so I dont really blame them much, because I am unique.

WvW would never need updates if it were perfect, which it isnt. It need new content. Just like PvE gets new content and features. So does WvW. WvW was the original reason I was interested in this game, along with the B2P model of course. But nothing else.

How does your Ego even fits in normal sized rooms? Unique? I had a good laugh reading your lame suggestion, then saying its something unique and outside of box.

All i can say is, dont try to work as creative designer you will starve to death with your “creative and unique ideas”

in WvW

MiLkZz.4789

They promised me massive combat in WvW,

I got PvD between a sweaty pile of man.

I want Epic battles, doesn’t even have to be 100vs100. Trebbing is boring, catas are boring and golems only walk funny, except that, they are boring. Using AC is boring, ballistas suck, canons get destroyed before you can use them same with the oil. Rams are OK, altho you can tank a zerg with that iron hide.

More siege means less combat and more looking at the same animation that will bore you. No, there should be reasons to make people come out of their keeps/towers to fight infront.

Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Fragment.2793

Fragment.2793

Go get a ballista and learn spread shot.
Case Closed.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I got PvD between a sweaty pile of man.

I think you need to go see a doctor about that.

in WvW

Posted by: XENus.6931

XENus.6931

Alright so you’re saying u wanna get rid of the skilled zerg busting groups? rmb zergs can also get the mobile whatever siege. And its like ’ woooo lets make a zerg more powerfull.’
and it will be screwing good fights up

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

This is what we need 2 light tanks and a heavy tank, There is a helicopter too

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Znark.3984

Znark.3984

Yes. That would be cool. A good way to stop the PvD. Ignore the doors, just fly in

Rookie Crew [RC]
Kodash

in WvW

MiLkZz.4789

This is what we need 2 light tanks and a heavy tank, There is a helicopter too

Yea and give is first person POV! Would be amazing to look through he eyes of my charr warrior. And guns yes guns! Like snipers and SMGs and grenades!

Oh and let’s fight on the field, yea Battlefield would be a nice name for WvW now!

Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Anything you bring to counter the zerg they can bring to counter your counter zerg more effectively.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

The change they really need to make in wvw is to remove the ability to build a treb within any structure- preferably remove them entirely, and replace them with cannon that cannot enter structures or be built inside structures, but can be towed by 5 players and have a range 500 more than anything else (so you can plant them and defend them).

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Dasboba.1652

Dasboba.1652

Amazingly, this is already in the game in the form of grenade engineers. Fast, mobile, aoe direct and condition damage. Sadly, the retaliation mechanics, of which siege is immune to, don’t allow engineers to use their best aoe ability in the precise area of the game where it was designed to be used. If only retaliation ticks could be limited to 5/sec similar to how aoe damage is limited to 5 per attack….. One can only dream.

in WvW

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

I suggest replacing Omega with charr siege tanks!