WvW new content or lack of

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

How soon can we expect to see some real WvW content? The dribbling out out of new WvW abilities is not really content that most of us get excited about and it seems very miniscule in size compared to the content being released in the other aspects of the game.

Devon you keep saying be patient but we have been waiting for a long time now. Today’s peak at the next patch was depressing in regards to WvW as it mentioned one enhancement to an already existing ability. Many hardcore guilds are losing players because of lost interest in the game.

When can we expect…

1. New borderlands instead of the same recycled borderlands
2. A change to the achievements for WvW… they are stupid impossible
3. Replacement for the long lost Orbs.
4. Anything substantial in release for WvW
5. WvW abilities to be excited about

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

IF you ever bother to read or search this forum, all your dumb questions have been asked and answered by the developers.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Well my “dumb” questions are answered with the statement of “Soon”… something they have been saying for months and months. I think they owe us a bit more than soon.

take your “dumb” comments elsewhere.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Well my “dumb” questions are answered with the statement of “Soon”… something they have been saying for months and months. I think they owe us a bit more than soon.

Ok, if you knew all of that what made you think they will answer your questions with a very specific timeline?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Aside from #3, which ANet has already hinted at, the answer to your question is >never<. They may “want” to do some of those things, as Devon is fond of vaguely assuring us, but it’s pretty clear they have neither the resources or commitment to do so. We’ll all be playing another game long before any of those things happen in GW2.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Beachead.4127

Ok, if you knew all of that what made you think they will answer your questions with a very specific timeline?

They have given us more specific timelines before on certain upcoming content. Soon can mean next week or next year… in regards to WvW it seems to mean next year or never.

Back in January they said the March patch would be the start of a multiple stage release of WvW content. That March patch was the only patch with any substantial content in it for WvW. Since then its been content I would term in my company as “intern work”

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Cactus.2710

“Very specific timeline” isn’t what’s being asked for here. I think most of us would be satisfied with an answer with a resolution of plus/minus two months or so. Anything less vague than “we’d like to be working on it sometime” works for me. But just for clarity, I don’t expect them to answer his question at all … nor any similar question that comes up between now and the point at which none of us give a kitten anymore.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

“Intern work.” That’s a terrifically appropriate description!

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

(edited by Cactus.2710)

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

I think the problem is they can’t be specific and say a date…and if they tell us the real APPROXIMATE time frames….some people will simply stop playing and wait for the new content. They could definitely give us time frames if they wanted to, like in 2-3 months “X” feature should be completed etc. The problem is the REAL updates are MONTHS away, not weeks or days…

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

They don’t like giving out exact timelines because people will complain if those timeline are not met. IF the said new maps coming in Dec. Then something broke and they didn’t release it on time, every one would flip there kitten. Your questions are “dumb” because they have been asked before and you’re not magically going to get some better answer out of anet. They release a lot of content, yes its not all WvW but none the less it still a lot of content for FREE.

Maybe people shouldn’t give anet so much kitten because they aren’t catering to your interests and they are trying to make the best game they want to make.

That’s really a bullkitten response. Go do your own survey of forum posts and you’ll see that the great preponderance of complaints come from not being told anything (or being told something so uselessly vague that it’s irritating) rather than being given a commitment that didn’t happen. Even the great majority of complaints about unfulfilled commitments are because ANet made a pseudo-commitment and then didn’t say another word about it even when they missed it!

Smart companies keep their customers informed. Smart companies respond to request for changes as specifically as they can and then follow up with updates. Smart companies don’t let their customers get kitten ed off by ignoring them. Customers will accept bad news more readily than no news.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Smart companies keep their customers informed. Smart companies respond to request for changes as specifically as they can and then follow up with updates. Smart companies don’t let their customers get kitten ed off by ignoring them. Customers will accept bad news more readily than no news.

How is Anet not a smart company? They continually add RNG items to the game that cost gems, people complain yet time after time people pay for it. They put all there time into PvE, why? because were is the largest player base? they cater to the larger group of players, at least WvW is getting some attention now.

What happens when they give you a time line but due to bugs and compilations can’t release solid content? Break the game? What happens if they make new maps and the towers and keeps are bugged? or yak pathing doesn’t work as intended?

You act as if your entitled to a answer. You want a answer go to the support page and click “ask a question” They have people that answer questions…its crazy I know…To even think they have devs trolling forums to answer every question is kitten. Also check out dev tracker, were not being ignored. These devs come here and post on there time, not anets.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Evion.6298

Evion.6298

I doubt WVW can easily be changed the maps are designed to be able to host a large number of players roaming around and taking objectives, the detail level is kept to minimum, I’d love to see a huge asuran or charr tech filled area in WVW but at the same time i dont want it to be a horrible experience for the most players, and what is the point in asking for a time line that’s business decision not player decision, would you stay if you knew your wish list is coming true six months after any siege mastery?

perhaps you didn’t read that updates will be coming every two weeks, that’s quick for software very quick, thats a huge improvement, in delivery, even for a small change, windows get minor updates every week and major updates every 2-3 years.

in WvW

Beachead.4127

I doubt WVW can easily be changed the maps are designed to be able to host a large number of players roaming around and taking objectives, the detail level is kept to minimum, I’d love to see a huge asuran or charr tech filled area in WVW but at the same time i dont want it to be a horrible experience for the most players, and what is the point in asking for a time line that’s business decision not player decision, would you stay if you knew your wish list is coming true six months after any siege mastery?

perhaps you didn’t read that updates will be coming every two weeks, that’s quick for software very quick, thats a huge improvement, in delivery, even for a small change, windows get minor updates every week and major updates every 2-3 years.

Yes every 2 weeks for pve content… WvW we have been waiting almost a year for substantial content like what we see in pve. I take it you haven’t been doing WvW for that long. And this isn’t hardware… its software. I am a software developer myself and my clients would drop me quickly if I only released something every 2-3 years.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer